test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Archetype The Witch!

edict#8422 edict Posts: 108 Cryptic Developer
Hi Heroes!

This week we've got a new Archetype for you! The Witch!

Check the link for details!

--Edict

Comments

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    You know what these Archetype blogs need? A powers list. I mean sure, it's got flavor text, but why exactly would I want to play a Witch? Does a Witch have new powers, and if so what do they do? Why would a Silver purchase the Archetype, and why would a Gold roll one instead of going Freeform?

Relegating this information to Release Notes, with nary a link or reference, is not a good practice.
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    So I know exactly why we're not being asked to pay to hear the voices.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    I agree, I felt wholly unsold.

The graphic at the top of the page the link takes us to sells Defender, again. I guess that's some blog template?
    Millions of characters in this game, it sure is a shame to have to see Defender over and over.

• Options
    Thanks for the information Edict!.
  • Options
    raveraptor7raveraptor7 Posts: 3 Arc User
    If you want people to take your advertisements seriously, try putting effort into them.

Really? A witch? In October, yeah that would make sense to release it, but late November? The flavor text of this character feels like it's desperately trying to ride the coat tails of Dr. Strange, and I don't feel swayed from that analysis because it just seems so rushed and boring. I feel that the existence of this "new" archetype is something thats been in the game and that this was a lazy attempt at making content, actually, this is just pretend content because the fact we have no hint if the abilities are new or not and it's just "We've spent an hour making a freeform character with a theme and this is an archetype now" It's so boring!