test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20161102.0626.4 - Event Items

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Power Changes
  • Toggling on Micro Munitions/Fire All Weapons now prevents the use of Chest Beam. This was done to address a bug where chest beam was not always disabling other chest slot items.
  • Fixed a bug where Chest Beam's cost was not increasing when using other power armor abilities alongside it.

Events
  • Added Windupkey and Glowing White auras to the winter store.
  • Added Claw Jagged, Daring Belts and Daring Visor costumes to the Nighthawk store. Daring items are currently male only.

Queues
  • Added a confirm button when queuing for pvp matches.
  • We made some additional changes to pvp queues that will hopefully prevent kicking.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• seanimusprimexseanimusprimex Posts: 47 Arc User
    BUG: Wind UP Key Aura is Confetti Aura =p
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The change to Chest Beam is also a bit unfair just cause there aren't many Chest slot options to use offensively to begin with (2, really). If its more meant to be a choice between using one chest slot or the other, then the only 2 dps options are still quite different in their dps and eps, so transitioning between them isn't really seamless even in that light.

It'd also be nice for Chest Beam's tooltip to be updated to clarify that its debuff is now called Burn Through, which it shares w/ Minigun's adv.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    Can I request the Jagged Claw bracers also have Psi/Holo Textures?

Also why the changes to Power Armor, really. DPS power armor already suffers from it's own squishy, why are we disfavoring it further?

I'd hate to think that "bugs" are just some excuse for change.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    avianos said:

Someone REALLY hates power armour

The Chest Beam change was uncalled for, now the PA Slots are gonna Jam by it's own powers

You are just NERFING PA at this point without Buffing, JUST because PA DPS has potential for End Game (GOD forbid if we can manage to archieve DINO's DPS Check) with the right geared build

This is Disgusting​​

I stopped playing PA long ago because the required ninjitsu to get it all working together in a non tedious way was f*&^ing absurd. The damage was the only compensation. Now I will probably just respec my PA toon into something non-idiotic.

They need to take that set back to the drawing board to get to function in a way they find acceptible in our new balance paradigm while not making it a slog of absolute &*(^ to play.
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    darqaura2 said:

avianos said:

Someone REALLY hates power armour

The Chest Beam change was uncalled for, now the PA Slots are gonna Jam by it's own powers

You are just NERFING PA at this point without Buffing, JUST because PA DPS has potential for End Game (GOD forbid if we can manage to archieve DINO's DPS Check) with the right geared build

This is Disgusting​​

I stopped playing PA long ago because the required ninjitsu to get it all working together in a non tedious way was f*&^ing absurd. The damage was the only compensation. Now I will probably just respec my PA toon into something non-idiotic.

They need to take that set back to the drawing board to get to function in a way they find acceptible in our new balance paradigm while not making it a slog of absolute &*(^ to play.
    OR, just hear me out here....JUST leave things as is.

They clearly have no foresight on what the heck they are doing and they patch/fix/break things as they move along. Those changes to PA are basically trial and error. As I said, currently they due to the changes to Sniper gloves, PB and MG I have lost between 30-35% dmg on my PA toon which for all intents and purposes costed around 6kG to make (not counting the time it took to farm 5k Villain tokens).
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    darqaura2 said:

Maybe going back to the drawing board for a complete overhaul is exactly what PA needs. If you (generic you, not the person I quoted specifically) examine the recent "nerfs" to PA objectively, many of them are really just fixes for bugs or design oversights. If these fixes are somehow breaking the set, then the set was broken all along.

In the meantime though, until PA gets some sort of overhaul, the toggle "fix" to chest beam should probably be reverted. It may be a bugfix, so I get why it was done, but it's a crude one that is going to do more harm to the set than good.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
This discussion has been closed.