• Level 21: Voodoo Doll
  • Level 25: Supernatural Power OR Mephitic
  • Level 30: Will-o-the-Wisp OR Curse
  • Level 35: Death's Embrace OR Imbue
  • Level 40: Rebirth OR Resurgence

Power Changes
New Power: Will-o-the-Wisp
Free to Freeform characters.
  • Applies Debilitating Poison to primary target. Applies Deadly Poison to secondary targets.
  • Advantage: Guide. Applies Illumination and Illuminated.
  • Advantage: Cursed. Applies Hexed to primary target.
  • Advantage: Ghost Fire. Applies Clinging Flames and Fear to primary target.

New Power: Life Essence
  • Heals you and nearby allies. Requires a hostile target.
  • Advantage: Infernal Bond. Power now deals toxic damage.

New Power: Death's Embrace.
  • Resurrects a nearby player.
  • Advantage: Pact. Resurrects up to 5 nearby players.

New Power: Curse
  • Deals toxic damage. Stuns primary target. If secondary targets are poisoned stuns them as well.
  • Advantage: Jinx. Applies Jinxed.
  • Advantage: Needles. Applies Bleeding to targets that are not already bleeding.
  • Advantage: Covet. Applies Restoration.

New Power: Voodoo Doll
  • Block. Deals toxic damage back to attackers.
  • Advantage: Has a small chance to stun nearby attacking foes, this can occur at most once every 10 seconds.

Misc
  • Made some changes to the Cybermind Alert so it tracks mission credit a little better.
  • Made a change to the Qliphothic Warzone open missions to try and address an issue with rewards.
  • Fixed a bug where upgrading the Takofanes Throne did not expel the weapons.
  • Fixed a bug where Incendiary Rounds did not increase in damage with its mark.
  • Ebon Sigils now have a voodoo doll costume option.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I have to say, the Witch AT has the best costume out of the new ATs so far

And no im not saying this because Green is my favorite colour onion-16.gif
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Misc
    • Made some changes to the Cybermind Alert so it tracks mission credit a little better.
    • Made a change to the Qliphothic Warzone open missions to try and address an issue with rewards.

Looking forward to do more Cybermind and Warzone OM now
    Hopefuly people will stop avoiding Eidolon

kaizerin wrote: »
    Heals you and nearby allies. Requires a hostile target.
    Advantage: Infernal Bond. Power now deals toxic damage.
    96f.jpg

Why would anyone waste 2 Points to deal damage?
    Not even going to ask why this power doesn't deal damage by default like Life and Mind Drain since its focused on AoE Healing​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Did you fix the problem with Takofanes throne vehicles becoming invisible? Edit: Yes, you did. Thanks!

Did any of the new powers get cool new selectable graphic effects?

Aesica has some homework now :)
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    avianos said:

I

Not even going to ask why this power doesn't deal damage by default like Life and Mind Drain since its focused on AoE Healing​​

Those powers also require 2 adv points to become AoE heals. That is why. Parity.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    the witch sounds like a very boring and uninspired AT.

Why would someone take life essence? This power should be doing dmg as part of its base effect, there are far more efficient and effective offensive healing powers that don't require players wasting two advantage points.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    New powers to play with! Yay!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I find Life Essence requiring a 2pt adv to deal dmg a bit weird. Death's Embrace animation is pretty hilarious tho.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2016

avianos said:

I

Those powers also require 2 adv points to become AoE heals. That is why. Parity.
    It's still conceptually strange. Why would you need a hostile target to heal? Think of it this way:

You cast a spell on someone, harmonizing with their Life Essence to heal yourself and those nearby.
    This spell is not harmful to the subject in any way.
    Yet for some reason you don't just cast it on a nearby ally, citizen, summoned pet, familiar, squirrel, pidgeon, or anything else.
    This is despite the fact that the spell is not harmful to the subject in any way.
    You also don't just tap into your own Life Essence.
    Again, despite the fact that the spell is not harmful to the subject in any way.

I'm just saying that the subject should be damaged or debuffed in some manner if it requires a hostile target.
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    So I know exactly why we're not being asked to pay to hear the voices.
    Well, i'm gonna eat my words, Eidolon failed miserbly, Shadow Destroyer kept spamming Portals

I absolutly LOVE the Shaman-Dance of Death's Embrace, im use it for my Dancing Idol robot, fits the theme (Don't ask me the green pillar)

Definatly gonna replace Condemn with Will-o'-the-Wisp, it's so much better than that ugly pillar, suble and has more useful ADVs
    Loving the extra synergies with Magic and Fire framework​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

• Heals you and nearby allies. Requires a hostile target.
    • Advantage: Infernal Bond. Power now deals toxic damage.
    • ​​
    If the power does no base damage why pay 2 ADV points to do damage. And why poison. Can it do magic/dimensional damage instead? If base attack does no damage, why can't it target NPC's / Self?

What is the 'concept' of this power? Why does it need a hostile target top work?
    edited November 2016
    I realized the reason why Life Essence deals No damage

It was created to be used on Crowd Controller builds, No damage means no CC break
    Explaning the Witch build

But still, i find the Damage ADV worthless, you are better with rank 3

I gave it on my Toxic DPS, hey if If I bring him on cosmics he will havea Self heal and heal other players
    WIN-WIN
    There are other powers that only do damage with an advantage. As pointed out, no damage is useful for folks using CC. With some Cosmics, that is actually pretty durn useful.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    If only the Witch was FREE BEFORE HALLOWEEN, then you'd have had something to advertise on Steam and get some traffic to see all this work you're doing.

If it was released the day before Election Day with a business casual costume set that would be really funny.

Ah well.

Up next The Power Fool?
  • mrkinistermrkinister Posts: 15 Arc User
    Hahaha... Kinetic Defender heal... =)
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Done. Enjoy, everyone. :)

PS: Life Essense should be Life Essence
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

Oh yeah... you're right. :D

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    avianos said:

I realized the reason why Life Essence deals No damage

It was created to be used on Crowd Controller builds, No damage means no CC break
    Explaning the Witch build

But still, i find the Damage ADV worthless, you are better with rank 3

I gave it on my Toxic DPS, hey if If I bring him on cosmics he will havea Self heal and heal other players
    WIN-WIN

It's probably for giving players the option to have a toxic-flavored Lifedrain instead of it being a heal only, but I agree. Lifedrain (and similar powers) are taken for their healing benefits, not their damage. Unless the damage is really good (not actually sure, didn't really try it) then I'd rather take R2/R3 for better healing.

It should probably only be a 1 point advantage.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Sweet! Many thanks for being right on top of it!

Did you fix the problem with Takofanes throne vehicles becoming invisible?

aesica said:

Done. Enjoy, everyone. :)

PS: Life Essense should be Life Essence
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I find Life Essence requiring a 2pt adv to deal dmg a bit weird. Death's Embrace animation is pretty hilarious tho.

so it's Lifedrain+ adv without the lifedrain part?​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    kaizerin said:

New Power: Voodoo Doll

• Block. Deals toxic damage back to attackers.
    • Advantage: Has a small chance to stun nearby attacking foes, this can occur at most once every 10 seconds.

Misc
    • Ebon Sigils now have a voodoo doll costume option.
    ​​
    I had no idea these were coming when I made my Brother Voodoo knockoff, Houngan, a couple of weeks ago. Serendipitous score! :)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

**chuckles remembering old jokes about "Healing Arrows"** :p

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The attempted Cybermind fix didn't work. If the game crashes and you get stuck in the entrance near Silverback you still don't get credit. Could we at least get a way back into the map?
    I played Cybermind 6 times, and had one instance of no mission credit.

Character had the RAID ARRAY mission and Vigilance mission.
    Played alert.
    Beat Cybermind without being defeated.
    Got reward circle, and even got a special drop.

No mission credit, no Vigilance credit.

The other 5 runs no issues.

• zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    draogn wrote: »
    The attempted Cybermind fix didn't work. If the game crashes and you get stuck in the entrance near Silverback you still don't get credit. Could we at least get a way back into the map?

The change would not address this particular issue (we'll try to look into it at some point).
    The change made altered how the missions check for credit. It's now tied to the reward circle the same way that the new Cosmics are. If you get a reward circle, (even if you don't pick up the items) the missions should credit.

If this doesn't happen, please detail anything that occurred to help us try to figure out why this alert is finicky with credit.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

draogn said:

The change would not address this particular issue (we'll try to look into it at some point).
    The change made altered how the missions check for credit. It's now tied to the reward circle the same way that the new Cosmics are. If you get a reward circle, (even if you don't pick up the items) the missions should credit.

If this doesn't happen, please detail anything that occurred to help us try to figure out why this alert is finicky with credit.​​
    Why does the mission dump you there anyways? Maybe just add a portal to let people get back into the actual alert?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Well, I don't know if this is what you're looking for but today I did cybermind and the rest of the team died before he got to 2/3 health and I solo'd him from that point on. I ended up with a score of 1000 and the rest of the team were not on the score board at all. When we got to the reward room none of them moved to the reward circle, so it's likely they didn't receive one.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    There no point in fixing the reward when you couldn't even get the reward for Cybermind if:
    A ) Die before stage 3
    B ) Get Disconnected
    It doesn't even count towards the Vigilance either way.
    Uh, I did 4 runs today. Did not once have someone fail to get credit. Some of them did have people die, but the dead people still got credit.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited November 2016

Uh, I did 4 runs today. Did not once have someone fail to get credit. Some of them did have people die, but the dead people still got credit.

I did 30 runs, about 17 of them are my disconnection and about 5 from another players, all from the same 3rd stage fight where Cybermind become a giant. Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen to anyone else.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    And I just DCed in the final fight :( I like the Cybermind alert but I'd love it if I didn't DC in it.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Well, I don't know if this is what you're looking for but today I did cybermind and the rest of the team died before he got to 2/3 health and I solo'd him from that point on. I ended up with a score of 1000 and the rest of the team were not on the score board at all. When we got to the reward room none of them moved to the reward circle, so it's likely they didn't receive one.

It appears that only damage at some later point in the fight counts (possibly below 1/3), or maybe there's a time delay effect.

It appears that only damage at some later point in the fight counts (possibly below 1/3), or maybe there's a time delay effect.

Can confirm this. The credit for Cybermind start right when he has 1/3 HP left and if you're death and not revive before this happen, and during the fight, you don't get the credit.
    kaizerin said:

I can confirm an instance of this not happening.

Character had the RAID ARRAY mission and Vigilance mission.
    Played alert.
    Beat Cybermind without being defeated.
    Got reward circle, and even got a special drop.

No mission credit, no Vigilance credit.

qawsada said:

Can confirm this. The credit for Cybermind start right when he has 1/3 HP left and if you're death and not revive before this happen, and during the fight, you don't get the credit.
    I'm not so sure. One of my runs yesterday had someone(ironically the only person who could rez) get KOed rather early, I think around 1/3, and apparently still got credit. Notably, said individual just laid there dead until cybermind went down.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

I'm not so sure. One of my runs yesterday had someone(ironically the only person who could rez) get KOed rather early, I think around 1/3, and apparently still got credit. Notably, said individual just laid there dead until cybermind went down.

Yeah because I die in one of the run and not getting anything before the 1/3 mark means I'm lying. Or hey, one my friend just happens to lie when he die before the at 1/3 and complain he didn't get it any. Or how about 3 of the pugs I ran into happen to them when they die and we don't have a rez to res them and they didn't get credit.

You didn't do it enough to see it happen.
    I'm not saying it DIDN'T happen to you. I'm saying that it doesn't always work that way. The purpose of collecting observations is to figure out why this happens not to berate other people for having different experiences.... Well, given that I did the alert with you at least once yesterday, it's not entirely different experiences. Although that run went smooth as butter. You even whined less than usual.

Yes, I've gotten hit with the no-credit bug in the past.... Notably I've even gotten hit with it when I didn't get KOed. It's part of why I keep posting about this alert.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    When I see the bug repeatedly keep happening, especially when an alert is this buggy, then it pisses me off. It not whine when I just provided data exactly how the no credit bug occur and it seem that it follow the old scoreboard way like that of Red Winter, where you must do damage to get the credit. If you don't do anything in the last 1/3 part of the run, you generally don't get anything. And it really annoying seeing comments like "it didn't happen to me" when it does effect a lot of players.
    edited November 2016
    Yes, well, it came across as you trying to tell people they were wrong for posting their experiences.

Hmm perhaps a bit of testing with a premade team? Have 4 peeps do the fight and a fifth simply abstain from attacking Cybermind? If it's as reliable as you think, it should be easy to force to happen. I'd even be happy to help!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited November 2016

Yes, well, it came across as you trying to tell people they were wrong for posting their experiences.

Hmm perhaps a bit of testing with a premade team? Have 4 peeps do the fight and a fifth simply abstain from attacking Cybermind? If it's as reliable as you think, it should be easy to force to happen. I'd even be happy to help!

The disconnection happen twice in the last round of Cybermind when I join a team of 4 other players and in this round, two of my friends didn't get credit because they die before the 1/3 mark and there was no resurrect. You seem to be content that this isn't a major problem but your experience isn't enough to suffice it.
    edited November 2016
    That's not what I said.... what I said is that I don't think it's that reliable to reproduce
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    To me it is since I done it with a fixed group and the bug for both the Disconnection AND the no credit still occurs. Even without making a private group, Cybermind shouldn't be a problem with a PUG group in the first place and yet, it is with all those stupid bugs.

At this point, Cybermind is the most buggiest content in this game and it shameful that it remain unresolved for years.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Relax dude.

Has anyone done a run where people die early on purpose to do a controlled test if this happens?

also, markhawkman, im guessing that rezzer was a healer? if so, maybe healing counts earlier in the fight while damage doesn't? trying to find some patterns.
    edited November 2016
    I think so, not 100% sure.

There's an interesting dichotomy here in that completion credit, and mission reward are NOT the same. I just did a run where a guy got no reward credit, but still got mission completion credit. And he was the only one who was dead when Cybermind went down. I think he did manage to tag CM during phase 3. But he wasn't on the scoreboard at end. I know I didn't manage to do anything in phase 3 but tag CM twice and I got both completion credit and a spot on the scoreboard. No idea why you can get credit on scoreboard but not completion credit towards the daily, but I've seen it happen.

Ok, just did another run. At least 2 of the people doing it got killed left and right. One actually got killed BEFORE we got to the firewall. Apparently they all got credit towards vigilance. the only ones standing when CM went down were me and the tank/rez guy who kept reviving them.

Then run 3 for the day had everyone get loot and a spot on score board, everyone was fighting during phase 3..... then after it was over one of the guys started grumbling in zone chat about how it didn't count towards Vigilance.

So yeah, we should probably be more specific when we talk about a "no-credit" bug.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    so yesterday, did a run where we had no rezzer and a guy got KOed in phase 2. He did not appear on the scoreboard, and got no boss loot. He did however get credit for having completed the mission in Vigilance/RAID Array.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Yep can reconfirm that going full healer does not give you credit at all. Tagging Cybermind with pitiful damage after 1/3 hp left does not give you credit. Spamming damage and then go full heal at the last 1/3 hp does not give you credit.

This alert is bad and you should feel bad that the award you claim to fix does not work.
    Did you get daily mission credit? Of the three runs I did today I was on the scoreboard for all three, but only got daily credit for 2 of the three.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Like I said, none. Drop quest after each run and request to reconfirm this.