test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20161102.0626.2 - Queue Adjustments

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
A change has been made to our queuing system to try and address the following issues:
  • Stuck Queues
  • Queues kicking players
  • Queues not filling out if multiple teams are queued up

So what does this mean? Currently some of our queues (like Teleios Ascendant) will not pop if multiple partial teams are queued. This would cause the queue to look for smaller teams/unteamed players to try and fill out the queue.

If say a Burst alert gets stuck at the dreaded X X X ? X this change should help it get unstuck.

If a pvp queue kicks people this change should help prevent that.

If this change works it will allow us to add more queueable content (like placing the crisis missions in the queue window or adding the old lairs as queues, etc). It would also allow us to review PvP rewards as the broken queues have prevented us from doing that.

We are looking for players to try and break the queue system and detail what they did to cause the problem.​​

Comments

• rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I'd like to chime in about something else about Queues, ever since the nighthawk event debacle 2 or 3 years back I noticed queuing Alerts now can sometimes switch at the first second it shows the ready prompt and disappears were it didn't do that before, think you could look into that as well?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Interesting! Im in!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    As chaotic as this may get, may I suggest you enable this changes on Live on Monday for testing? PTS doesn't have near enough attendants per day to properly test it, so even if we do test it on PTS and it turns out ok, once it hits Live it will be a completely different outcome. I say Monday because in case something goes horribly wrong it can still be fixed within the same week.

We can do some mild testing this weekend to maybe help pin and eliminate the most troublesome issues, but I doubt we can gather enough information to be useful once Live.

Also
    kaizerin said:

A change has been made to our queuing system to try and address the following issues:

• Stuck Queues
    • Queues kicking players
    • Queues not filling out if multiple teams are queued up

So what does this mean? Currently some of our queues (like Teleios Ascendant) will not pop if multiple partial teams are queued. This would cause the queue to look for smaller teams/unteamed players to try and fill out the queue.

Does this mean that say, 2 groups of 3 members are queued, will the game randomly pick up 5 members from the total pool of 6, and leaving 1 of them out?​​
    Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
    Please keep on topic. Allowing silvers on PTS is not something we can simply flip on or off.
    If you want to discuss Silver access on PTS, please start a new thread in the suggestion box, this is not the thread for it.

Patches are not something we can throw around on Live all willy nilly, and this change will not be going on live until we are sure it won't break anything. We may try to do a testing event sometime next week.​​
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Sounds as if some organised testing is necessary, as we'd need to test solo players and teams trying to access queued content simultaneously. Happy to help, though, as more auto-queues is something we've been after for ages.

@kaizerin - do you have any preferences for the content we try and test and the order in which we do it?
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I'm in for testing this out, just let me know when :smile:
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    heh, sounds fun
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

If this change works it will allow us to add more queueable content (like placing the crisis missions in the queue window or adding the old lairs as queues, etc). It would also allow us to review PvP rewards as the broken queues have prevented us from doing that.

These are things I have wanted to see for a long time. If not for your efforts, I would have given up on CO.
    I hope when the time comes, you will open up a feedback thread for how to structure pvp rewards.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Posting my experiences with the mass test:

Solo queue for TA: this worked for me.
    Queue as a team: I joined a team where the team leader was already queued; as expected, they got in and I did not. After that, however, further attempts at queueing as a team seemed to act as if we were each queued individually; I saw a number of times where we ended up in different TA instances, as well as a few examples of TA instances that didn't properly fill: one where only four people ever showed up, and one that somehow put me in my own instance with nobody else present at all.
    ...Of course, once Kaizerin got invited to the team, these problems stopped happening. The only (possibly irrelevant?) difference I'm sure of at that point is that there were longer delays between queueing up.

Queue for pvp and regular alerts: These worked for me.

Queue for MI Crisis & rampage: Unfortunately, I had to go deal with some stuff out of game, and wasn't able to participate in this portion of the test. (This is also why I'm only getting around to posting this now. Hopefully the feedback is still useful.)
    the crisis and rampage tests went rather smoothly actually.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    My experiences:

Queued Solo for TA:

I ended up being sent to TA alone three times. Other people were queuing, using teams. I think some others queued solo, but I went alone each time.

Queued Solo for Rampage (LI):

Worked as intended. I appeared with a mix of solo and teams.

Queued Solo for Alerts (Rad Rumble, Pyramid Power, Museum):

Worked as intended. I appeared with a mix of solo and teams--maybe some teams were split, though. I am not sure.

Queued Solo for Lava Temple:

I am not sure what happened. I appeared with others, some teamed, some solo. One run, it seemed that everyone was place on same side (all blue). The other run seemed to work as intended, split between red and blue.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    Queueing for TA went mostly smooth for me both when solo queued and when queued with a team. There were a few times when it took a while for everyone to get in, though, and I once ended up in an instance with someone who had been split up from another team.

Rampages and alerts both seemed to work just fine when I queued solo and when I queued with a team.

Lava temple didn't go well at all for me. I queued a few times solo and with a team and could only stay on the map one of those times. All the other times I was kicked from the map not long after joining.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
    yeah there were several times with TA where the queue apparently started before everyone had clicked accept.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    just like to add
    it sounds like the TA issue is very similar to the one that used to happen on nemcon
    you used to queue up and when it popped, you sometimes ended up in seperate instance from the team
    might be worth checking that out too
This discussion has been closed.