test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Justice Gear should be sold in BtA packs

dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
edited November 2016 in Suggestions Box
Like those aura packs. JG vendor should sell lMO these: precision gloves, healing gloves, fitness tights etc... In packs, those would be Bound to Account (Bind to Account on Pickup). Tooltip of those packs should state properties of equipment piece of course. These packs, upon opening, will grant an alt, that opened a pack Bound (Bind on Pickup) to that character item. This way JG would be same as: Bound to Account + Bind on Equip, but l guess engine doesn't support two flags altogether (or maybe it does - then it's even easier to implement).

Reason of it: to make possible oldschool strategy, when player gears up his alt instantly after reaching lvl 40. This strategy always was intended and probably is crucial part of this alt-based game. Otherwise neither drift or rampage tokens wouldn't be shareable with account bank. l stopped farming rampages and making alts when JG was removed from Drifter. Forcing farming cosmics onto specific alt (for instance - DPS when mezzer is required and vice versa) is very unneeded limitation. Moreover, these alts also might be not geared properly.

Secondary pieces of equipment are ploppable instantly, determination gear can be bought from AH, and Onslaught one can't BUT: when character runs OV, its stats means nothing, thus absolutely not important what it wears when it farms for it. But bad tank gearing on Cosmic or TA may fail run, and Mercenary DPS may not be able to pass DPS checks. It would be interesting experiment - to nullify test server, and make attempt to farm Cosmic on full-mercenary/droppable team. l'm pretty sure that wouldn't work out very well. Cosmics are basically towed by characters, those were geared through old way.

Additionally there are thematic characters like lone wolves, those shouldn't be shown in team, like lone heroes by their nature. And having proper gear on those would be nice too. So why not make some of endgame gear transferable via account bank this way? Player will have to grind for that gear anyway, regardless of what character he plays currently.
Post edited by dakrushmor on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    While I agree that the way the Devs have handled JG is a big problem, they have made it very clear that the current system is how they are moving forward. They even plan to remove the shareable Rampage tokens when they can get around to revamping the Rampages into what they feel is suitable gcr content. It certainly has become much harder to get Rampages to pop.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    Why limit it to Justice gear?

Why not make all of the gear available in BtA boxes (containing the BoP gear) at a premium price?

I am sure that a lot of people would be willing to pay a few extra silver/gold in order to equip other characters.
    I am talking maybe 5-10 GCR and 15-25 SCR here depending on whether it's primary or secondary gear, not double the price or anything.

Call them " Gift Boxes" to make the distinction more clear.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    I would be willing to buy boxes that gave GCR or SCR. I doubt the devs will ever do this. And I sure as hell doubt they would ever sell Justice Gear directly.