test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Instant Alert or "Don't make us queue again."

I would like to bring up a new option for alerts.

Say we have a team that is really starting to like working together or a premade group. Rather than disbanding them and forcing them to requeue. How about we have an option to vote and tell the system we want to be assigned a new alert, but not not a custom alert that is not in rotation.

Example:

Group completes alert objective in Stitch in Time. Exit button is now part of a dialog box, and next to it is a "search for new alert" button. When the majority of the team clicks it (3/5) you will be assigned a random alert, and it doesn't even have to be one that is active at the moment. (Kevin Poe is active, but you got Mindslayer for your next one)

Your team is transported immediately to the next alert from the previous alert map.

This can lead to a set of perks (name pending) Affinity Perks, which can be used to activate bonus difficulties(like WoW mythic keystones).
Brou in Cryptic games.

Comments

• Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Posts: 102 Arc User
    ^ Seconded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    gradii said:

What happens to those people on the team who DON'T click it? I would not like to be forced into another alert just becuase 3 other people thought it was a bright idea to do another.

You can abandon.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    This is overdue, The end of alerts should have a menu:

Next Alert

Leave Map

I think the way to solve this is to let "Next Alert" really be "Next Enemy" and just have the enemies respawn with new faces.
    So what if you are standing right there when the boss spawns and you sweep up his minions after the fact, serves him right for teleporting into your victory party.

• Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

gradii said:

What happens to those people on the team who DON'T click it? I would not like to be forced into another alert just becuase 3 other people thought it was a bright idea to do another.

You can abandon.
    Yeah, but the others can find a new member and go the premade route, too.

Might not be a huge deal, but I do not think that an unwilling participant should be forced to have to take an extra step to not do something that they did not want to do.

This really sounds like someone looking for some way to get a team together without having to talk to anyone.

Let's face it. It's not difficult for a team of five to all click the same alert, and if you just ask in the alert that you are running if anyone wants to run some more it probably wouldn't be that hard to get a full team together.

Most alerts, especially the non-rampage alerts, are silent.
    An occasional "GG" or "GJ" at the end. Maybe a "gratz" if someone levels, but otherwise? Even small talk like "Like your costume" or "nice backstory" are rare.
    People just want to get done and move on.

Asking for a group to run more alerts won't kill you, and for everything but rampages once you get that group together you will get into the alerts pretty much instantly, right?

So it doesn't seem like we need a "fix" for this.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    This really sounds like someone looking for some way to get a team together without having to talk to anyone.

Well, yes. It's "This PUG appears to be competent, can we do some more Alerts together?"

Which I understand, but it doesn't sound like something that'll be too high up the devs' list of important issues.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    So just to clarify to the general respone, the reason for this suggestion is to prevent the need to disband or to experience multiple loading screens when a team can just go to next alert without entering the queue.

Abandoning the team is an option. The remainder can always pick up more or suck up 2 people from the outside queue. It's really not a scary idea.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

So just to clarify to the general respone, the reason for this suggestion is to prevent the need to disband or to experience multiple loading screens when a team can just go to next alert without entering the queue.

Abandoning the team is an option. The remainder can always pick up more or suck up 2 people from the outside queue. It's really not a scary idea.

The mission's going to need to reset itself.
    Get the players back to where they start, get all the enemies back, replay the intro including the pop-up window.

That will pretty much mean a loading screen every time.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    My experience with PUGs in the common 3 alerts is that they usually don't care about retaining the team they're in, no matter how effective it was in completing the alert. Competent PUGs for any alert outside of rampages seem to be abundant enough.

Besides, auto-disbanding the team after the alert is done has its own benefit; it helps minimize the waiting time for players who are in the process of looking to do an alert to be paired up with players who've just been split-up from the previous alert that was done. If everyone was consistently locking themselves to their own preferred teams, I can see how it might be a problem for someone not already in an alert who might find it harder to get grouped with other players.

If the alert PUG truly has the agreement among themselves that they want to stick together for further alerts, a simple add-to-friends and team formation is all it takes. It takes very little effort to do so.