test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20161024.1409a.6 - Year Round Event Vendor/Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,095 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Vendors
  • Added year-round Bloodmoon vendor to the recognition area. This vendor will sell certain Bloodmoon items at 2x their regular price outside of the event dates.
  • Other event vendors may be added in the future.
  • Drifter will not sell event currency year-round.
  • Added Bloodmoon device exchange store to this vendor. This will allow players to turn in broken devices for properly scaled ones.
  • Added Account Box Auras stores to this vendor.
  • Account Box Auras can be bought with an aura and additional event currency. Example: You would need 1x Dark Aura and 150 Turakian coins to purchase a Dark Aura box.
  • Purchasing one will grant you an account bound reward box. Once this box is opened, it will grant that character a bound aura.
  • Note: We are making these stores as options for players who decide they want something from the store at a later date, and it's unlikely any of the prices will be changed.
  • Known issue: Some vendors in the recognition area are not displaying their stores.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where Cardboard costumes did not unlock account wide.
  • Fixed a bug where Wolf Mane costume did not appear for males.
  • Fixed a bug where the Vehicle vendor did not have an upgrade for store bought Takofanes Thrones.
​​

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Given that you mostly can't get event currency outside of event dates, being able to buy out-of-event items won't do much (might as well just set it to cost drifter salvage). However, the account box auras will be appreciated by those who have multiple alts or have specialized alts for costume work.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

Given that you mostly can't get event currency outside of event dates, being able to buy out-of-event items won't do much (might as well just set it to cost drifter salvage). However, the account box auras will be appreciated by those who have multiple alts or have specialized alts for costume work.

Indeed! This is a pretty good idea!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    That's an interesting way to get around the BoP auras​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,439 Arc User
    And suddenly my main has a reason to participate in Blood Moon this year! Good move. I like the idea of putting the event vendors in the Recog building. It's awfully empty now. Maybe put duplicates of some of the other vendors in there as well (star refills, auras, toy master, etc.)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    yeha, when I look around I remember what the empty stands were for... it's good in some ways, but it feels weird having empty stands. Maybe it'd have been better to not put all the vendors in the same end of the building?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    Jaaz, I'm glad you saw this. I thought about you the moment I saw this alt friendly announcement. Good for Cryptic, eh?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Account Box Auras can be bought with an aura and additional event currency. Example: You would need 1x Dark Aura and 150 Turakian coins to purchase a Dark Aura box.​​
    BUG:For some reason the Spectral Aura is asking for a Floating Skull Aura in exchange...

photo Auras.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    treat bags can be stored for use later(or sold on exchange). Also it means you don't have to cash out now. TC actually have a use after the event ends.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Can we get the UNTIL Recognition Vendors in Vibora Bay and other zones reset to show the UNTIL Recognition Stores?

Currently, they display the SCR/GCR store.
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    kaizerin said:

Vendors

• Added year-round Bloodmoon vendor to the recognition area. This vendor will sell certain Bloodmoon items at 2x their regular price outside of the event dates.
    • Other event vendors may be added in the future.
    • Drifter will not sell event currency year-round.

• Added Bloodmoon device exchange store to this vendor. This will allow players to turn in broken devices for properly scaled ones.
    • Added Account Box Auras stores to this vendor.
    • Account Box Auras can be bought with an aura and additional event currency. Example: You would need 1x Dark Aura and 150 Turakian coins to purchase a Dark Aura box.
    • Purchasing one will grant you an account bound reward box. Once this box is opened, it will grant that character a bound aura.

• Note: We are making these stores as options for players who decide they want something from the store at a later date, and it's unlikely any of the prices will be changed.

• Known issue: Some vendors in the recognition area are not displaying their stores.

Misc
    • Fixed a bug where Cardboard costumes did not unlock account wide.
    • Fixed a bug where Wolf Mane costume did not appear for males.
    • Fixed a bug where the Vehicle vendor did not have an upgrade for store bought Takofanes Thrones.
    ​​

treat bags can be stored for use later(or sold on exchange). Also it means you don't have to cash out now. TC actually have a use after the event ends.

Hmm.. if the devs add more event vendors, then all event coins will have a use after their event ends; I think this is a great idea. However, the Account Box idea is a bit off to me.

Please tell me if I'm understanding this correctly or not.

So, unless I happen to be lucky enough to get an aura as a drop, I have to spend 150 coins for the aura in the Bloodmoon store (which is Bind on Pickup). Then, after the event is over, I have to spend another 150 coins and have the aura in order to obtain the Account Aura box that will change the aura from Bind on Pickup to Bind on Account.

Question: Will the event vendor accept Bind on Pickup and/or Bind on Equip auras? This was not specified in the orginal post. If they are both accepted, then I can see how this may be helpful. If not, then I hope there will be other things in the event vendor that will help shorten my resource list. :smiley:
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos said:

That's an interesting way to phrase that.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    spinnytop said:

avianos said:

That's an interesting way to phrase that.
    That's an interesting way to provoke drama....PTS threads are probably not the best place for this.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    kyastral said:

So, unless I happen to be lucky enough to get an aura as a drop, I have to spend 150 coins for the aura in the Bloodmoon store (which is Bind on Pickup). Then, after the event is over, I have to spend another 150 coins and have the aura in order to obtain the Account Aura box that will change the aura from Bind on Pickup to Bind on Account.

Other than the vendor not yet being created, there doesn't seem to be any specific requirement that you wait for the event to end -- but yes, you have to spend N coins to get the aura, and another N coins to turn it into BoA. As account-bound is better than character-bound, it is unsurprising that it also costs more.
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    kyastral said:

Not. You've got the pricing right, but not the end result.

This does NOT give you an actual Bind to Account aura. It gives you a bind to account box that contains a bind on pickup aura. In other words, that extra 150 coins buys you a single move from one character to another; once you've opened the BoA box, the aura is character-bound again and you'd need to spend another 150 coins if you ever decided you wanted to move it back.

_____

Personally, I'm very glad I got some of these in BoA form last year; I've bought one BoP version this year, and that's only because I was able to move my BoA copy over, test it on the specific character I thought might get some use out of it, and decide it was worth the effort.

Cheap versions of these auras with time limits on them would be very useful - something like a few Globals for a unique* temp aura that lasts for an hour of real-time.

*As in item classed as unique, so that players can't stockpile them or keep the temp version rolling past the end of the event.
  • Options
    ah, misread what the boxes were doing. Yeah, not very useful.
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    I'd disagree - it is quite useful. It's just not as useful as an actual BoA aura would be. It addresses the "But this aura gives me a new character idea" issue, allowing you to farm up auras while the event is running and then save them in boxed form until you have the character slot open for your new idea.

And for a subscriber, who can copy those boxes to the PTR to test out looks there, this pretty much works. For non-subscribers, well, they still have to gamble that the aura will work out the way they hope it will.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    very useful for me, I have several farmers and they end up with a pile of tokens at the end.
    one still have about 250 tokens from last year
    This is a good reason to farm lots of tokens for later and to collect and store the goodie boxes.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    chaelk said:

very useful for me, I have several farmers and they end up with a pile of tokens at the end.

one still have about 250 tokens from last year

This is a good reason to farm lots of tokens for later and to collect and store the goodie boxes.​​

And a reason to participate more in the events. :)
    Or in my case at all.
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Bug: The talk to GCR vendor interaction says "talk to regen dummy"

In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    tkittehtkitteh Posts: 16 Arc User
    morigosa said:

kyastral said:

This does NOT give you an actual Bind to Account aura. It gives you a bind to account box that contains a bind on pickup aura. In other words, that extra 150 coins buys you a single move from one character to another; once you've opened the BoA box, the aura is character-bound again and you'd need to spend another 150 coins if you ever decided you wanted to move it back.
    I read it as a trade too, worse that trade is the same price as the aura, so you are using 2x the coins to by something for your alt. Or is it 4x since everything is doubled after the event?

dev said:

Added year-round Bloodmoon vendor to the recognition area. This vendor will sell certain Bloodmoon items at 2x their regular price outside of the event dates.

Appreciate the vendors sticking around, they stick around in other games for a bit due to surprise patches so people can cash out.
    BUT. You NEED NOT multiply the price! Prices are already 2-3x of last years, [and evetn difficulty increased] no need to gouge players more.

Might as well add the bug right now: Bug: All items over 400 in price not purchasable with 2x multiplier due to 800 coin limits
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    tkitteh said:

Might as well add the bug right now: Bug: All items over 400 in price not purchasable with 2x multiplier due to 800 coin limits

This toon-swap willl be useful, and is kinda neat. But doubling the price outside of the event will make it much less useful.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    werx138werx138 Posts: 28 Arc User
    tkitteh said:

morigosa said:

kyastral said:

I read it as a trade too, worse that trade is the same price as the aura, so you are using 2x the coins to by something for your alt. Or is it 4x since everything is doubled after the event?

dev said:

Added year-round Bloodmoon vendor to the recognition area. This vendor will sell certain Bloodmoon items at 2x their regular price outside of the event dates.

Appreciate the vendors sticking around, they stick around in other games for a bit due to surprise patches so people can cash out.
    BUT. You NEED NOT multiply the price! Prices are already 2-3x of last years, [and evetn difficulty increased] no need to gouge players more.

They capped prices at 800, but removed most (all?) of the things which would have gone over that limit.
    The AT unlock, vehicles & transportation devices are not available from the vendor.

As for the aura pricing, the auras are 300 each and the boxes are 150.
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    COSMETIC BUGS:

When upgraded to Mark 2, the Takofanes Throne's mouseover still lists it as Mark 1 (though all stats/slots are indeed Mark 2). Same goes for Witchcraft's Chariot from the anniversary event.

Recoloring one's powers does not effect the green "magic gas" on the vehicle version of Takofanes Throne.
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    morigosa said:

kyastral said:

_____

Personally, I'm very glad I got some of these in BoA form last year; I've bought one BoP version this year, and that's only because I was able to move my BoA copy over, test it on the specific character I thought might get some use out of it, and decide it was worth the effort.

Cheap versions of these auras with time limits on them would be very useful - something like a few Globals for a unique* temp aura that lasts for an hour of real-time.

*As in item classed as unique, so that players can't stockpile them or keep the temp version rolling past the end of the event.
    Thanks for the clarification; I have some of the BoA auras from last year as well. I guess the Account Aura boxes are not worth my time, ahh well. :disappointed:

Personally, I would rather pay 2x the coin amount to purchase a Bind on Equip version outright instead of buying a box to move an aura from one toon to another.

I dont see the reason to make limited versions of auras; most auras are limited enough already being character bound/Bind on Pickup; we do not need something else to make auras less attractive for players to purchase and/or use. Auras should last as long as the player wants them; they do not enhance anything but the looks of a character. There is no harm in that.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Question about the fix to Cardboard and Wolf Mane unlocks: Is this retroactive if we have already used the unlock? Or will we need to unlock again?​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Has there been any news yet on the November Gold Bonus item due for tomorrow?
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

Has there been any news yet on the November Gold Bonus item due for tomorrow?

Most likely will be released sometime today.
This discussion has been closed.