test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes - 10/27/2016

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2016 in Release Notes
Bloodmoon
  • Added Turakian Termination daily mission to Dwoemer. This is for defeating Takofanes.
  • Added Wolf Monster head costume. Includes head, hair, ears and eyebrows.
  • Added Werewolf tail costume to the Bloodmoon store.
  • Added Wolf Mane costume to the Bloodmoon store.
  • Added Heavy Hook costume to the Bloodmoon store.
  • Added Heavy Chain costume to the Bloodmoon store.
  • Added Takofanes Throne vehicle and Travel Power device to the Bloodmoon store.
  • Added Banishment device to the Bloodmoon store.
  • Added Corrupt aura to the Bloodmoon store.

Takofanes Open Mission Changes and Mechanics
  • Takofanes has been boosted to be in line with the standard for event bosses.
  • His attacks have been given wireframe tells.
  • At the start of the fight ghostly heroes cannot be harmed. As the fight progresses Takofanes will target a ghostly hero and open them up for attack.
  • Fixed a bug so Takofanes will more reliably spawn his Doomlords. These Doomlords will hone in on a undead Hero and try to defeat them. It is possible to grab their aggro and lure them away. Takofanes should summon a Doomlord roughly every 30~45 seconds.
  • Ghostly Undead heroes have had their health increased so they can take more of beating before being defeated during the fight.
  • Defeated Undead heroes have had their HP increased and have been updated to use their new open mission attack layout.
  • Doomlord HP has been increased.
  • When the Doomlords are defeated one of the ghostly heroes will apply a heavy resistance debuff to Takofanes for a short time.
  • This debuff can no longer stack under certain conditions.
  • Moved the resistance debuff to display on Takofanes' Buff bar to make it easier to spot.
  • Takofanes can now summon empowered Harbingers every two minutes.
  • Both Harbingers and Doomlords can start summoning meteor attacks once they dip below 90% health. These will be indicated by a vertical cone wireframe and target players randomly.
  • Both Harbingers and Doomlords have an area effect that drains nearby Undead Hero HP by a flat amount.
  • The fight fails if all 13 heroes fall.

Takofanes Rewards
  • Default: 5x Treat Bags, 11 tokens (diminishes after multiple runs), gear pack, Spell of Takofanes mod.
  • Common: Takofanes costume parts. Dweomer, Negalodon, Fenny and Pirate Captain action figures. Spell of Takofanes mods.
  • Rare: Cardboard, Nightmare Crow, Wolf Monster Head, Werewolf Tail, Heavy Hook costumes. Dark, Ghostly, Fog, Skull and Corrupt auras.
  • Very Rare: Takofanes Throne Vehicle/Device, Banishment device.

ZEN Store
  • Added Shining Crusader costume set.

Misc
  • Addressed a bug where some level 45+ Master and Supervillains were using nailed to the ground instead of gravity.
  • Gravity yank will only be used once a npc is in combat for at least 10 seconds.
  • Increased cd on gravity effect.
  • NPCs that use rifle butt will no longer spam it.
  • Fixed a bug where some become critter Invulnerability ability dealt mysterious slashing damage to the user.

Power Changes
Crippling Coils
  • New Advantage: Applies Light Everlasting to you and nearby allies.
  • Known Issue: This buff doesn't always reliably apply to allies.

Condemn
  • New Advantage: Fully charging the power spawns a healing rune at your target.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• "Note: Currently devices generated last week have not been fixed. The way Bloodmoon devices were created prevents us from retroactively fixing the scaling on the device. We will be introducing a conversion store soon to trade in your weaker devices for corrected ones, stay tuned to pts."

Patch notes last week, about the improperly scaled devices that were dropping sporatically in the first week of Blood Moon. I happen to have purchased a Fists of Compliance with improper scaling so I'm curious if there's any update on the state of this vendor and if it might be implemented even if Blood Moon ends, since it's not in this patch.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    ZEN Store
    Added Shining Crusader costume set.
    ade.png

Too Bland and Generic for my tastes, dissapointing
    EH! but again I had been really getting dissapointed with all those new sets lately

750Zen? I will get it only on a discount
    Misc
    Addressed a bug where some level 45+ Master and Supervillains were using nailed to the ground instead of gravity.
    Gravity yank will only be used once a npc is in combat for at least 10 seconds.
    Increased cd on gravity effect.
    NPCs that use rifle butt will no longer spam it.
    Fixed a bug where some become critter Invulnerability ability dealt mysterious slashing damage to the user.

Oh boy, I sure hope the 5000 falling damage was fixed
    It didn't
    ​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • dragonfist8dragonfist8 Posts: 82 Arc User
    wow, so these are the release notes of 2018. Now that's some intense working ahead right there :P

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Umm, here it is called Dark Crusader?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/10228513-champions-online:-dark-crusader-costume-pack

Yet in the Zen store it is Shining Crusader. Which is it?
    kaizerin said:

Bloodmoon

• Added Shining Crusader costume set.
    ​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited October 2016
    and speaking of dissapointment

BUG:Wolf Mane unlocks absolutely nothing for Males
    The costume was unlocked but it doesnt show up in tailor cetegory ) neither on the search field

For females its called Werewolf and not Wolf mane as the item describe it

I'm really loving the Mohawk wolf hairstyle​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    BUG: Paperbag costume unlock is currently only unlocking per character, not account wide. This probably applies to the other pieces in the set.
  • awww, they changed the color of the rebirth icon...i mean, it makes sense since it's part of the infernal supernatural set, so it SHOULD be green instead of red, but DAMNIT, i LIKED the red!​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • had2mergehad2merge Posts: 49 Arc User
    Throne of Takofanes vehicle does not upgrade at the Vehicle NPC.
    Have vehicle version and tune up kit in inventory.
    Says I do not have Takofanes Throne Vehicle.

submitted ticket : [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #4,133,128.

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    n8mcd wrote: »
    BUG: Paperbag costume unlock is currently only unlocking per character, not account wide. This probably applies to the other pieces in the set.

had2merge wrote: »
    Throne of Takofanes vehicle does not upgrade at the Vehicle NPC.
    Have vehicle version and tune up kit in inventory.
    Says I do not have Takofanes Throne Vehicle.

submitted ticket : [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #4,133,128.

Thanks! We'll look into these.​​
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So the new vehicle, Throne of Takofanes, is BoP. So now even vehicles are becoming BoP. Champions Online is going in a direction I really don't like.

Edit: Just to be clear I like the vehicle, it's something that's cool and unique, but at 700 coins, good luck farming that for the toon you want it for.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    The falling damage from Gravity didn't get fixed?! Even though it was mentioned that they would be fixing it?
    onion-10.gif
    Why?​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

So the new vehicle, Throne of Takofanes, is BoP. So now even vehicles are becoming BoP. Champions Online is going in a direction I really don't like.

Edit: Just to be clear I like the vehicle, it's something that's cool and unique, but at 700 coins, good luck farming that for the toon you want it for.

If you don't want a BoP one, steal it from Takofanes
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • or use a tune-up kit on a BoP version; not only will it become loads better, it will also become BoE​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

I did almost nothing during this event so far... participated in it three days, about an hour each and I hit 800 coins easy. If you can't get 700, you're not trying.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Yeah, I have to agree with spinnytop. Farming coins isn't too bad for this event. Just hop on board the undead hero hunting express train.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

or use a tune-up kit on a BoP version; not only will it become loads better, it will also become BoE​​

This. At least there is a way to make THIS reward BoE.
    spinnytop said:

I did almost nothing during this event so far... participated in it three days, about an hour each and I hit 800 coins easy. If you can't get 700, you're not trying.

Good for you, I've put in about half an hour every day since the event stated, I've had 900 coins or so, but that's on my main character. I haven't had the time or the inclanation to do any more work, and seeing as we're likely in our last week, I really can't be bothered trying to make a toon, get them high enough level to participate, and then get the 700 needed to unlock the device. Things sure are going good for spinnytop though aren't they?
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    guyhumual said:

spinnytop said:

Good for you, I've put in about half an hour every day since the event stated, I've had 900 coins or so, but that's on my main character. I haven't had the time or the inclanation to do any more work, and seeing as we're likely in our last week, I really can't be bothered trying to make a toon, get them high enough level to participate, and then get the 700 needed to unlock the device. Things sure are going good for spinnytop though aren't they?
    Stuff you are doing wrong:

1) Getting the device when the Vehicle is far superior. Vehicle you just use a tune up kit and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! Bind to Equip baby! Vehicle is faster and you can attack with vehicle.
    2) Failing to realize that event items are supposed to be special not something every hoo ha can be sporting around on their level 1 toon. It is already kind enough that we have a store that sells BoP. Cause you know. 3 years ago? No such store, all was drop from bosses, bosses that incidentally died so fast in a feststorm of lag that you could barely tag them for credit.

Also... how low level are you talking? you get crazy xp in the Tako fight. today I got about 400k score in the fight while using a character that gained level 30 DURING the fight.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Truth be told, it is way easier to do tako fight as a low level than as a high level.

His yellow Aura deals % Hp Dot. If your max Hp is low enough, that % should be around 200-300 Hp per tick...in team up you get sentinel Aura and Medical Nanites, you are immortal. Just grab a vehicle with Medical Nanites and keep an eye on Heroes and you are doing great contribution to the run while being a low level that is not dieing and gain a lot of exp.

Also... how low level are you talking? you get crazy xp in the Tako fight. today I got about 400k score in the fight while using a character that gained level 30 DURING the fight.

Well if I were to make a new character for the event so I could get some auras or a vehicle from the event I'd be starting at level 6, and I'd probably need to level up to 10 or 15 before I could take any missions.
    lezard21 said:

1) Getting the device when the Vehicle is far superior. Vehicle you just use a tune up kit and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! Bind to Equip baby! Vehicle is faster and you can attack with vehicle.
    2) Failing to realize that event items are supposed to be special not something every hoo ha can be sporting around on their level 1 toon. It is already kind enough that we have a store that sells BoP. Cause you know. 3 years ago? No such store, all was drop from bosses, bosses that incidentally died so fast in a feststorm of lag that you could barely tag them for credit.

1) there's a message already about the upgrade kit not working, though I'm not sure I'd want to waste 750 zen for a vehicle when I can get a gold foil vehicle voucher A for less then 1000G. Every vehicle I own, except the freebies, are bind to account, what I'm upset about is the president this is setting for future updates.

2) level 1 characters can't leave the tutorial, it's impossible for them to get the vehicle, but even if they could, why exactly should they have access to something I spent time unlocking? I have like 95 level 40 toons, some 34 leveling toons, if I unlock a vehicle with one of my level 40s why shouldn't I be allowed to put it in the vault for one of my other toons? Any toon that I have right now that can handle crypts or do this needlessly difficult content already has a decent vehicle with rank 6 mods. This throne doesn't really fit the theme of most of my current roster of characters anyways, I'd want to make a new character for the throne, but because of BoP that's not an option ATM
  • actually, level 1 characters CAN leave the tutorial to travel to a hideout (assuming you have one)

it's how i transfer heirloom gear to new characters before they start and squeeze out every last drop of extra XP from it​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    avianos said:

and speaking of dissapointment

BUG:Wolf Mane unlocks absolutely nothing for Males

The costume was unlocked but it doesnt show up in tailor cetegory ) neither on the search field

For females its called Werewolf and not Wolf mane as the item describe it

I'm really loving the Mohawk wolf hairstyle​​

I can confirm this bug, happened to me too.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    edited October 2016

W H Y? Why hasn't been fixed yet? This is basically a FREE Cheap Death
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Since it is happening, can you just approach on foot? Strength of Takofanes does not launch a surprise attack.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    Make the Throne BoAoP like ALL event vendor vehicles.
    edited October 2016

I think the only reason it isn't ABoP is because you can get one that isn't bound at all as loot.

Also... Throne+Upgrade kit = not bound throne.

One fix I'd like to see is to make the device version cheaper. It's a LOT less useful than the vehicle since it is a non-combat TP.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    I think the big draw on the device is that you can sit on your throne *indoors.*
    I guess you would want the TP Device to use it indoors for "RolePlaying" purposes​​
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    The TP is an actual travel device. The advantage over a vehicle is that you don't have to activate your form after using it.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

I think the only reason it isn't ABoP is because you can get one that isn't bound at all as loot.

Also... Throne+Upgrade kit = not bound throne.

One fix I'd like to see is to make the device version cheaper. It's a LOT less useful than the vehicle since it is a non-combat TP.
    Until you equip it, then it becomes bound to character again. Which is the problem.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    draogn said:

Until you equip it, then it becomes bound to character again. Which is the problem.

So you give the Throne to the one character that you want to have it.
    Or you spend some time with a couple of different characters so that they can both earn the coins (between missions, farming, and treat bags) to buy a throne.

And now, this week, you can spend time with toon 1 farming Tako and maybe not even have to worry about buying the throne if you get lucky, and then you can spend their coins on whatever else it is that you want to buy.

This is supposed to be a rare item. If every character on everyone's account can share the throne then it may not become more common in actual numbers but it certainly becomes more common in practice.

If you just want a vehicle that you can share then there are plenty out there. Heck, all of my characters were given a vehicle some time back... Does that still happen?

No one *NEEDS* the throne. Some people just want it, and getting the coins to buy one for a character is not that difficult for anyone that can participate in this event.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

guyhumual said:

spinnytop said:

There are reasons to pick up the Device instead of the Vehicle, you can use the device indoors, it's flames are tintable, you can zoom in closer. Some people are also not much into vehicles or already have enough, so the device appeals to many.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    BUG: Strength of Takofanes uses his "Gravity" before waiting the 10 seconds that has just been added. Althought that probally isn't too important since it's the last week anyways.

Still hoping that it's damage is somewhat fixed, or the effect lessened, it's really awkward to fall into the floor from a little ledge so fast, althought I can deal with that. The main issue seems to be the fall damage.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    draogn said:

lol, nailed it.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods

This is supposed to be a rare item. If every character on everyone's account can share the throne then it may not become more common in actual numbers but it certainly becomes more common in practice.

Rare item that you can buy from a store? Yeah, that's a good argument.

How about just letting us enjoy the stuff we bought or unlocked? Sure, if you only have one character that you play all the time this isn't a problem for you, but some of us enjoy making new characters and if this weren't
    Saving this post for later to maybe complain about how the changes in this patch may or may not affect a character that I may or may not create.

That is all of you right now o3o
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    Any arguments against making the Throne BoAoP is negated by the fact that all other vehicles in the vendor of the same value work that way.
    edited October 2016

Any arguments against making the Throne BoAoP is negated by the fact that all other vehicles in the vendor of the same value work that way.

I mean, across all the multiple threads where this has been discussed multiple reasons have been given, but in case you missed it:

Why BoP stores are good:

1) They allow for a way to reliably get items. I don't know how long you've been around, but in the past you either got lucky and got the drop (which were BoE) or bought it off other players (this is important for point 2). Stores did not exist.
    2) They allow for the existence of an economy. If you could get BtAoP/BtAoE directly from the store, the prices would get deflated a lot and the drops would be completely worthless.
    3) They allow for a certain degree of uniqueness/bragging rights/look mom I'm special ."Certain" because the prices are actually really accesible so right now you have 80% of the playerbase running around on a Cosmic Toilet wearing Edgelord Auras. Otherwise that would be 100%. Arguing against this point is arguing against all MMOs that have seasonal events with unique rewards.

Meanwhile I can give you 1 good reason as to why the old system was bad:

1) They made running events completely pointless and worthless. When you as a new player could buy a BtAoE Dark Aura on May for the price of 100g because the previous Halloween's Bloodmoon people were able to farm more Dark Auras than they could possibly ever sell and have them sitting on their banks, come the current year Bloodmoon, unless new rewards are added, you have no reason at all to run it cause you already bought what you wanted 5 months before. No matter how much you want to argue this point, we have yet to evolve beyond the proverbial carrot chasing.

And finally:

1) If they were to give out free or easy to obtain Vehicles that you can then easily rank to the same tier as cash shop vehicles, no one would buy Cash Shop vechicles outside of cosmetic reasons. This is a fact that you can cry "the devs just want our money" as much as you want, but it's a reality. Games need servers to run. Servers cost money. Money comes from players that subscribe or buy stuff from the cash shop. Any game, not just CO. And every dev team knew this. Hence last year's free Wasp SE being BoP (as was this year too) and not BtAoP.

So TL;DR:

What you are actually asking is for devs to continually develop events with good enough rewards that would encourage you and new players to run them, without actually intending to put any money to support that, both real or ingame currency. And all of these held together under the argument that someday while walking down the park an apple may hit your head with a sudden surge of inspiration for a character that may require one of these items for it to work.
    Post edited by lezard21 on
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

1) They made running events completely pointless and worthless. When you as a new player could buy a BtAoE Dark Aura on May for the price of 100g because the previous Halloween's Bloodmoon people were able to farm more Dark Auras than they could possibly ever sell and have them sitting on their banks, come the current year Bloodmoon, unless new rewards are added, you have no reason at all to run it cause you already bought what you wanted 5 months before.

And there you go, QFT.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited October 2016
    lezard21 said:

I mean, across all the multiple threads where this has been discussed multiple reasons have been given, but in case you missed it:

Why BoP stores are good:

1) They allow for a way to reliably get items. I don't know how long you've been around, but in the past you either got lucky and got the drop (which were BoE) or bought it off other players (this is important for point 2). Stores did not exist.

Stores existed last year, they were not BoP
    lezard21 said:

2) They allow for the existence of an economy. If you could get BtAoP/BtAoE directly from the store, the prices would get deflated a lot and the drops would be completely worthless.

Actually it's completely the oposite. The vendor kills the economy: the value of an item has always been linked to it's rarity and difficulty to grind. Adding zombie costume parts to a store doesn't change their rarity as a drop from a treat bag. However what the vendor does is he limits the max price in the AH. Without the Vendor items were valued at their rarity and what people were willing to pay. Dark aura was once very expensive because it could only be gotten at Halloween and it was a rare drop. Now it's not selling for anywhere near as much because there's other auras, it's been out for a number of years and those that really wanted it have it, and now it's accessible from the vendor. There are items from the vendor that don't drop in game, some of the holiday auras for example, and this does nothing for the economy because you can't sell them. If anything all the vendor does is choke and limit the economy. Why grind for a rare drop when I can farm for coins to buy from the vendor?
    lezard21 said:

3) They allow for a certain degree of uniqueness/bragging rights/look mom I'm special ."Certain" because the prices are actually really accesible so right now you have 80% of the playerbase running around on a Cosmic Toilet wearing Edgelord Auras. Otherwise that would be 100%. Arguing against this point is arguing against all MMOs that have seasonal events with unique rewards.

Anything you can farm from events are essentially participation metals, they might be impressive to a new player, but anyone seasoned in the game and familiar with the auras and costume parts can usually tell where they come from and know their rarity. There's no way to tell if a costume piece was farmed or grinded for these days.
    lezard21 said:

1) They made running events completely pointless and worthless. When you as a new player could buy a BtAoE Dark Aura on May for the price of 100g because the previous Halloween's Bloodmoon people were able to farm more Dark Auras than they could possibly ever sell and have them sitting on their banks, come the current year Bloodmoon, unless new rewards are added, you have no reason at all to run it cause you already bought what you wanted 5 months before. No matter how much you want to argue this point, we have yet to evolve beyond the proverbial carrot chasing.

Again, you have this backwards, prices in the AH are driven down by how common a item is sure, but having event items sold by a vendor also cuts the price in the AH. If an item is hard to farm then one might resort to the AH, if it's really rare you're going to need a lot of globals to buy it, however now there's the option of grinding coins and buying it at the vendor. As I said earlier they're not special anymore, they're far more accessible then they've ever been . . . during the event anyways, outside of the event it reverts to the old system. However, if I'm a vet, with three characters, I probably already have everything I want from the event, with the exception of new items, if that new stuff doesn't grab my attention then I've got less reasons to run the event these days as there's less for me to sell.

lezard21 said:

1) If they were to give out free or easy to obtain Vehicles that you can then easily rank to the same tier as cash shop vehicles, no one would buy Cash Shop vechicles outside of cosmetic reasons. This is a fact that you can cry "the devs just want our money" as much as you want, but it's a reality. Games need servers to run. Servers cost money. Money comes from players that subscribe or buy stuff from the cash shop. Any game, not just CO. And every dev team knew this. Hence last year's free Wasp SE being BoP (as was this year too) and not BtAoP.

Could it be that you don't even understand the argument? Even at this point? First of all, the best stuff in CO at the moment are out of lock boxes, you can't buy what you want from the cash store, you have to buy keys and gamble. Believe me if buying what I wanted from the cash shop were an option I wouldn't spend so much time grinding to get cash for the AH. Second of all nobody here has been complaining about give aways being BoP, people are upset about things we need to grind to unlock being BoP. Namely vehicles and auras which in past years were BoE or BtA. Nobody here is against CO making money, I don't like the lockboxs, but I've wanted new stuff in the store for years. I've bought vehicles from the store a couple of times now, I've bought tons of costume sets, travel powers, devices, all kinds of things. The reason I buy these things is because I want them for characters because I'm still interested in making characters for the game. I'm still interested in the game because of events like the Blood Moon. If the Blood Moon isn't fun for me, and this year it hasn't been fun, then I'll stop playing as much and stop buying things.

The items in the game this year are no more difficult to obtain then last year all that's been changed is that our ability to use these items has been restricted.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Why BoP stores are good:

None of those things make Bind to Character on Pickup better than Bind to Account on Pickup.

1) They made running events completely pointless and worthless.

Making things bind to character instead of bind to account has this exact same effect on a lot of players.
    1) If they were to give out free or easy to obtain Vehicles that you can then easily rank to the same tier as cash shop vehicles, no one would buy Cash Shop vechicles outside of cosmetic reasons.

Cash shop vehicles are inferior to lockbox and drifter trash vehicles. The only reason to get a cash shop vehicle is for cosmetics. Do people even buy vehicles from the cash shop now? I'm betting lockbox and drifter trash ones are far more popular.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    edited October 2016
    @Guyhumal in general cause you made the mistake at various points:

You did not understand my post. The store is BoP, yes, it limits the ceiling of the price. However if the store were BtAoP or BtAoE like a lot are asking, the price would be even lower. Thus BoP store is a nice relatively new thing the devs did for the playerbase without actually killing the worth of events and items (You have me confused though, you are saying BoP store is bad yet argue for a BtAoP/BtAoE store?)

@Guyhumal and @Sterga:

Yes, I'm aware that mostly the best vehicles come from Lockboxes (with the exception of Maniacs). However where do you get the item to open said Lockboxes? That's right! Cash Shop \o/
    sterga said:

Making things bind to character instead of bind to account has this exact same effect on a lot of players.

I mean, until I see numbers and charts that correlates this information, I'm not taking it up as a valid argument. The devs have easy access to this information, if they have kept doing this for the past events, clearly people are running them. In fact, I would say that a huge number of players are running them, because any time an event pops up, Cosmics become almost impossible to recruit a group for. Saying that a lot of people stopped running events because of 4 or 5 forums poster is an hyperbole, specially since forum posters in any game represent at best 25% of the game's population.

• xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    number of bop auras I have farmed for... 0
    I only farm auras I actually want. Like the ghost flame aura. sooo awesome....

don't really have a use for the others yet.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • englishdamselenglishdamsel Posts: 14 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

I never post here and I've got to second this. The appeal of this game has always been making multiple characters, and easily being able to share costume pieces etc between characters. Starting with the auras and now vehicles, there's been a shift away from that, and I'm going to have to think about this next time my subscription is up for renewal. Even the "special edition" anniversary vehicles used to become account-bound with an upgrade, but this one is somehow different, and given the trend I doubt it'll be the last.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

Every vehicle I own, except the freebies, are bind to account, what I'm upset about is the president this is setting for future updates.

I agree with this completely. It's somewhat concerning actually, because I feel like the throne being bind on equip is just the beginning. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect we'll be seeing more and more event vehicles given this bind on equip treatment, just like we've been seeing with event auras.

While I don't like it, I'm partially okay with it because it reduces the size of my event currency shopping list by quite a bit--I just won't bother farming for them, just like I won't bother with the throne. I only really use vehicles for flying around anyway, and if worse comes to worst, I'll just put any new characters in whatever the next freebie vehicle is, or the next bind to account vehicle I manage to get my hands on.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm aware that mostly the best vehicles come from Lockboxes (with the exception of Maniacs). However where do you get the item to open said Lockboxes? That's right! Cash Shop \o/

You made the comparison to vehicles you buy in the cash shop, not to lockbox or drifter trash vehicles. It's an important distinction because of the clear inferiority of cash shop vehicles to lockbox and drifter ones. Upgrading vehicles, even event ones, requires a cash shop purchase as well, something you didn't take into consideration. In fact, a decently powerful level 1 vehicle picked up for free might even encourage upgrade purchases when a cash shop vehicle wouldn't even be considered due to basically having to buy it and an upgrade if a player wants to use it for something other than cosmetics.

Buying keys to open lockboxes was not part of your original point and doesn't make sense to bring it up now to support your argument.

CO's population has been in decline since the game was launched with a few upswings that Cryptic couldn't even capitalize on. There aren't very many new players coming to the game and vets have been leaving because of things like bind to character on pickup auras along with other things that discourage alting. The events are drawing in fewer players. The big tip off is that zone caps tend to be reduced to 50, but there are still the same-ish number of zones as past events with 100 player cap. There are not a whole bunch of players doing the Halloween event, there are less. No one is coming to the event for bind to character on pickup, but there are plenty of people not bothering for that reason.

Forums posters are normally considered to be 5% or less of the player population. If CO's forum posters are 25% of the game, that means the general population is horrifically low and only the die-hards are left as the major portion of the population. Not that many people post on the forums here.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    lezard21 said:

@Guyhumal in general cause you made the mistake at various points:

You did not understand my post. The store is BoP, yes, it limits the ceiling of the price. However if the store were BtAoP or BtAoE like a lot are asking, the price would be even lower. Thus BoP store is a nice relatively new thing the devs did for the playerbase without actually killing the worth of events and items (You have me confused though, you are saying BoP store is bad yet argue for a BtAoP/BtAoE store?)

I think you're confused because you don't know my position. I'm fine with the store, I think it's a great change, but you were the one arguing that the store was good for the economy and all I was doing was pointing out why that wasn't the case. I'm happy with the store, I just wish things like auras and vehicles were bind to account rather then bind on pickup. The store is great and I've got no complaints about the selection of the idea. I just hate bind on pick up. If the store bound things to account I'd be fine with that. I don't need bind on equip items to sell in the AH, if I'm using the vendor it's for characters on my own account.

lezard21 said:

Yes, I'm aware that mostly the best vehicles come from Lockboxes (with the exception of Maniacs). However where do you get the item to open said Lockboxes? That's right! Cash Shop \o/)

I haven't opened a lock box since they discontinued the rewards program. I've got everything I wanted from the lockbox system from the auction house. I haven't had to spend a cent of real money to do it either.

lezard21 said:

I mean, until I see numbers and charts that correlates this information, I'm not taking it up as a valid argument. The devs have easy access to this information, if they have kept doing this for the past events, clearly people are running them. In fact, I would say that a huge number of players are running them, because any time an event pops up, Cosmics become almost impossible to recruit a group for. Saying that a lot of people stopped running events because of 4 or 5 forums poster is an hyperbole, specially since forum posters in any game represent at best 25% of the game's population.

We're never going to see those numbers, it's not in the games interest to release them even if they're up, so all we can do is report our own feelings on things. I don't think people who are pissed off at a game make forum posts to be honest, most just quietly leave, and so I'm sharing my opinions not because I hate the game but because I still love it. I'm disappointed with the direction it's taking. I wouldn't think of speaking for other members of this forum or people in the game. I can only report what I've seen and what I've heard.
This discussion has been closed.