Install Arc

FC.31.20161018.0047.7 - Takofanes Swag Throne/Infernal Powers

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Bloodmoon
  • Added Infernal Banishment device.
  • Added Takofanes Throne travel device.
  • Added Takofanes Throne Vehicle.
  • Made a initial pass on Takofanes. He is currently event cosmic scaled and his attack rotations have been cleaned up.
  • The second phase of Bloodmoon has been enabled on pts.
  • Negalodon now spawns in Vibora, however he is currently unable to attack.

Misc
  • Addressed a bug where some level 45+ Master and Supervillains were using nailed to the ground instead of gravity.
  • Gravity yank will only be used once a npc is in combat for at least 10 seconds.
  • Increased cd on gravity effect.
  • NPCs that use rifle butt will no longer spam it.
  • Fixed a bug where some become critter Invulnerability ability dealt mysterious slashing damage to the user.

Power Changes
Will-o-the-Wisp
  • Applies Debilitating Poison to primary target. Applies Deadly Poison to secondary targets.
  • Advantage: Guide. Applies Illumination and Illuminated.
  • Advantage: Cursed. Applies Hexed to primary target.
  • Advantage: Despair. Applies Devoid to primary target.
  • Advantage: Ghost Fire. Applies Clinging Flames and Fear.
  • Advantage: Harbinger. Stuns targets.

New Power: Life Essence
  • Heals you and nearby allies. Requires a hostile target.
  • Advantage: Infernal Bond. Power now deals toxic damage.

New Power: Death's Embrace.
  • Resurrection power.

Curse
  • Ruptures Deadly Poison stacks on targets for additional damage. If target is poisoned stuns them as well.
  • Advantage: Jinx. Applies Jinxed.
  • Advantage: Needles. Applies Bleeding to targets that are not already bleeding.
  • Advantage: Covet. Applies Restoration.

Crippling Coils
  • New Advantage: Applies Light Everlasting.

Condemn
  • New Advantage: Fully charging the power spawns a healing rune at your target.

New Archetype: The Witch
Support
  • Level 1: Infernal Bolts
  • Level 1: Condemn OR Infernal Blast
  • Level 6: Life Essence
  • Level 8: Aura of Arcane Clarity
  • Level 11: Compassion OR Manipulator
  • Level 14: Will-o-the-Wisp
  • Level 17: Grasping Shadows OR Crippling Coils
  • Level 21: Voodoo
  • Level 25: Supernatural Power OR Mephitic
  • Level 30: Curse OR Sigils of Ebon Weakness
  • Level 35: Death's Embrace OR Imbue
  • Level 40: Rebirth OR Resurgence
Note: Power Progression is still being worked on.​​

Comments

• kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Query for @kaizerin : Did you address the Strength of Takofanes having the Gravity power on live now? It was not mentioned in any patch note. If he's not supposed to have it, then this is a bug. If he is supposed to have it, then I highly suspect the power is bugged as it's doing fall damage even if I'm not falling and I had vehicle sounds when I move after being hit with it.

I'll go ahead and see how this is on the PTS, but that means having to get into a crypt... and defeating an undead hero first.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2016
    Strength of Takofanes (and all BM bosses) were given a yank at the start of Bloodmoon to address players utilizing flight/range in general from completely avoiding their attacks.

A bug did occur with the gravity effect dealing excess fall damage. This should be addressed this patch.​​
    Yank? Double check that cuz I swear it's a knock-back on live. Prior week he didn't do the attack (he may have had a knock-to/yank, not sure if I remember, but certainly nothing like the attack I'm seeing this week).

• kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    The Tako Throne device and vehicle are interesting.

Bug?: There seems to be a 2 second delay between turning the device off and going back to your original stance; it looks like you are sitting on an invisible chair in mid-air. :smiley:
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    Throne Vehicle if anybody is curious how it looks:

I've just finish a small test on the new updates to Gravity for the Master/Super Villian NPC's. Thank you for the initial aggro delay; it definately helps to have that time to adjust tactics. However, the nailed to the ground issue is still prevalent in the Q-Warzone on Elder Worm and Destroid NPC's who are supposed to use Gravity. I havent had the chance to test it out in the crypts against the Strenght of Takofanes yet. I do not see much of a difference in CD on the gravity effect.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I always knew Caliga wanted a throne. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    kaizerin said:

Bloodmoon

Condemn
      • New Advantage: Fully charging the power spawns a healing rune at your target.
    Is the rune an Enchantment? Currently Pillar of Poz is bugged and it's healing rune does not count as an enchantment for Soul Beam (basically the 10% bonus does not apply) so Condemn might have the same issue.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    Hi Kaizerin, this is an important question, not a critique. Please clarify:

Is the Throne of Takofanes, in both Vehicle and TP form, meant to be Bind-On-Pickup please?

I can understand the logic for your decision, without necessarily endorsing it (because I would much rather prefer Bind-To-Account instead as a player), but the important point is this will change my planning on how I allocate my toons to participate in the Blood Moon events, I think.

The significance of this is that I think a lot of the RP crowd will be excited by this in particular, thanks in advance.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I was about to say "not another Ranged Damage AT" but seeing it's support intrigues me since that's the role we have the least of. I wonder about the choices of AoAC and Manipulator but I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Also, I'd assume that in the future, players may probably want a tech/cosmic variant of Takofanes' Throne since I've seen such a thing suggested before this?
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    This lends no credence to the idea that devs make things that Conquer members want.
    spinnytop said:

This lends no credence to the idea that devs make things that Conquer members want.

I dunno Caliga seems to like it. :p

But yeah, I think the most important aspect of the throne is that it's a new TP anim and thus rethemed versions will be easier.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    "SWAG Throne" URRRRRGGGG onion-28.gif

New AT so soon? not that im complaining! MORE POWERS TO PLAY WITH \o/

Infernal as Support friendly powerframe? i never thought i would see such evolution​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Oh boy, you're really quick with all of that stuff @_@

Btw: most thing l want for Infernal powerset - is Single Target Toxic Beam Maintain, that also would look like radiation a bit (to simulate this theme). Infernal has perhaps the best AoE move in the game - yet all single target stuff is a junk.
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    can someone confirm the throne is bound to character? if it is, that will be yet another thing i won't bother with. ..
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The thrones have a bit of a problem. If you are a smallish character your legs are partially enveloped by the throne. Is that something that can be fixed? Otherwise it's perfect for my feline sorcerer supreme.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Suggestion: Can we get the "hover stance" that the doomlord/celestial becomes/tacofart deathlord uses in the tailor?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    New Archetype: The Witch
    Support
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts
    Level 1: Condemn OR Infernal Blast
    Level 6: Life Essence
    Level 8: Aura of Arcane Clarity
    Level 11: Compassion OR Manipulator
    Level 14: Will-o-the-Wisp
    Level 17: Grasping Shadows OR Crippling Coils
    Level 21: Voodoo
    Level 25: Supernatural Power OR Mephitic
    Level 30: Curse OR Sigils of Ebon Weakness
    Level 35: Death's Embrace OR Imbue
    Level 40: Rebirth OR Resurgence
    Note: Power Progression is still being worked on.​​

Just tested this on the power station. LOVE IT... a support AT with con and pre as super stats!!! Plus decent healing and toxic dps... it's brilliant. Then to top it off we finally get another ally resurrection talent & and rebirth too!?!? If people find something to nitpick about this... I give up. This is a perfect support AT. Can go full support or control rather easily.

Minor bug: I noticed the AoAC buff icon doesn't appear for the Witch AT when it's slotted. It also might not be actually buffing the AT.. not too sure as my math-fu is weak. I'm sure someone else can confirm.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Just tested this on the power station. LOVE IT... a support AT with con and pre as super stats!!! Plus decent healing and toxic dps... it's brilliant. Then to top it off we finally get another ally resurrection talent & and rebirth too!?!? If people find something to nitpick about this... I give up. This is a perfect support AT. Can go full support or control rather easily.

Absence of ranged maintained heal for tank - that's probably a nitpick, as far as l can judge. lf Life Essence works similar way to lifedrain/mindrain, then this, being a healer, probably has to stay at spot, where Melee DPS usually stay. Also no Ego Sleep - so probably no full-scale Mezz.
    Post edited by dakrushmor on
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    This looks like an interesting AT. I have no idea about this powerset and I suspect lots of other people don't either, so this should be an fun one to play. Tell me you're going to put a Broomstick vehicle in for Halloween, though? (and a black cat sidekick....)
    edited October 2016

This looks like an interesting AT. I have no idea about this powerset and I suspect lots of other people don't either, so this should be an fun one to play. Tell me you're going to put a Broomstick vehicle in for Halloween, though? (and a black cat sidekick....)

I agree: a broomstick vehicle with a black cat on the back of it would be fun, and something like that should be available for purchase all the time (after all, witches work all year 'round despite what people think). As for the AT, it is interesting and it seems to cover the basic variety of witch powers; a little poison, a curse here and there, a jinx or two, a few pinches of hexes as well as *questionable* curative powers. :smiley: . However, I personally would not use the AT as it is, as I can imagine what other powers/abilities I would mix it with.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Loving the anims on these new powers- esp the res XD

Via the Wips's adv tooltips, apparently Fear is going to be classed as a 'Mental State' now. Mentalist reworking inc?

The Wisp can also apply Devoid (Curse originally from Shadow Blast that debuffs Dimensional dmg). Wisp is pretty much a Mecca of cross-set debuff advs now; its interesting.

Since the Runes (like from Condemn's new adv) have been formally classed in descriptions, maybe we'll be getting a few more of them in other powersets.

Here's an old bug, but mine as well address it now.. w/ AoAC going on the new AT:

Bug: AoAC's self-bonus for the charge speed reduction is scaling only with Presence (SS'd or not) instead of with SS's as usual.

Also-
    Bug: Death's Embrace starts out at rank 1 already costing 2 adv points.

Bug: Will-O'-the-Wisp's Despair and Cursed advs are not refreshing Devoid and Hexed debuffs if the target is already affected by them. (CF and Illum advs are working fine, afaik)

Bug: The healing Runes from Condemn's new adv and from charging Expulse are not procing the Spellcaster toggle, despite either being listed as an Enchantment. Pillar of Poz's Rune seems to work here.

Bug: More than one Rune from Condemn can be placed at a time, despite what the tooltip states. Its rune also doesn't exclude placing the healing Runes from Poz or Expulse.

Bug: Conjuring seems to be able to proc from some power's Enchantments (like ally-only Illumination or Pillar of Poz), even if no hostile targets are hit or are in-range.

Bug?: Ebon Sigil are listed as a Curse, but they don't proc Spellcaster or Conjuring, even when applied to multiple enemies. Perhaps this is because they are their own entity, but maybe it could be nice to link back to the caster.

Lifedrain vs. Life Essence is interesting- w/ the new power def being balanced around LD. W/ R2 and the AoE adv from LD, and R2 + the dmg adv from LE, LD will do a bit more dmg but heal for a bit less on Feared targets vs. LE w/ Poisoned targets? Main diff ofc is that LD dmgs innately, whereas LE AoE heals allies innately. Also, its funny to have an ally heal that works w/ Supernatural Power.

(edited to correct the bug w/ Death's Embrace)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Bug: Getting hit while moving on the Throne will activate the walking animation on top of the throne, which looks plain silly :P

Bug: Eidolon is currently unable to summon his portals

Bug: This has probably been addressed with this patch in PTS but unable to properly test it. MV and above in OMs should not be able to use Gravity yank (since the area already has it by default) mainly because they will use it on add tank when he is trying to pull, knocking him out of block. In the case of Annihilation bots this can be fatal since you will probably
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Power Changes
    Will-o-the-Wisp
    Applies Debilitating Poison to primary target. Applies Deadly Poison to secondary targets.
    Advantage: Guide. Applies Illumination and Illuminated.
    Advantage: Cursed. Applies Hexed to primary target.
    Advantage: Despair. Applies Devoid to primary target.
    Advantage: Ghost Fire. Applies Clinging Flames and Fear.
    Advantage: Harbinger. Stuns targets.

> The advantage spam on every new power is annoying. It's OK if a power has interesting innate abilities. It's also OK if every power can't do everything.

New AT

> A choice between a second single target attack, which will make leveling awful, or the only real decent choice to not have a crap time while leveling. Why not between Condemn and Venom Breath? You know, powers that make sense being paired together as a choice?

> Potentially another single target attack. But this this the far superior choice because of the healing.

> The only reason this might not be painful to level due to energy issues.

> You do this with every single new AT. No one builds their FFs this way unless they don't know what they're doing. Even worse, you do this to AT you expect people to buy with actual money. It a big contributor to many ATs being a tedious leveling experience.

> It doesn't matter if this AT is fun to play at level 40 if getting there sucks. Can't say much else since filthy silvers aren't allowed onto the PTS, so my additional knowledge is limited.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    sterga said:

Power Changes

Will-o-the-Wisp

Applies Debilitating Poison to primary target. Applies Deadly Poison to secondary targets.

Advantage: Guide. Applies Illumination and Illuminated.

Advantage: Cursed. Applies Hexed to primary target.

Advantage: Despair. Applies Devoid to primary target.

Advantage: Ghost Fire. Applies Clinging Flames and Fear.

Advantage: Harbinger. Stuns targets.

> The advantage spam on every new power is annoying. It's OK if a power has interesting innate abilities. It's also OK if every power can't do everything.

New AT

> A choice between a second single target attack, which will make leveling awful, or the only real decent choice to not have a crap time while leveling. Why not between Condemn and Venom Breath? You know, powers that make sense being paired together as a choice?

> Potentially another single target attack. But this this the far superior choice because of the healing.

> The only reason this might not be painful to level due to energy issues.

> You do this with every single new AT. No one builds their FFs this way unless they don't know what they're doing. Even worse, you do this to AT you expect people to buy with actual money. It a big contributor to many ATs being a tedious leveling experience.

> It doesn't matter if this AT is fun to play at level 40 if getting there sucks. Can't say much else since filthy silvers aren't allowed onto the PTS, so my additional knowledge is limited.​​

My take-away from this AT progression is: Team-Exclusive. The progression seems too CC/Debuff heavy(great idea for a toon I'm going to be making though! :) ) for relatively seamless solo play. Not bad since alerts will love it if done right. LE maay be problematic, not many people stay close for heals.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    sterga wrote: »

Actually, giving various ADVs on Utility powers is pretty good, it helps with veriety and synergies among other powerframes

Look at Will-o-the-Wisp, it has synergy with Infernal Supernatural powerframe, but thanks to the ADVs you can use it in
    1. Sorcery
    2. Darkness
    3. Celestial
    4. Fire
    5. Manipulator
    6. and a combo fo 2 of those

its not like you can spend more than 4 points (5 if metabolism adv and 3points advs) per power, so you can get only 2 of the advs

Will-o-the-Wisp just gained a place to my Warlock build, I may replace Condemn in my infernal build with it, because since Defile lost its Debilitating Poison, i was forced to use Condemn and BREAK my build theme (flower toxins) with random pillar of green​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Could have sworn I posted this suggestion, but I don't see it...
    Suggestion: Could you copy Codemn's new advantage over to Vengence in the Celestial powerset? Just seems to make sense to me.​​

The new Witch AT can actually get most of the spec-related dps-boosting debuffs: Vulnerability, Wither, and Trapped. It can be a good debuffer, potentially decent CC'er, but overall it does have a weird kit. Def a team player and I prob wouldn't want to solo level w/ it, so I guess not unlike a Support AT :p
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

The new Witch AT can actually get most of the spec-related dps-boosting debuffs: Vulnerability, Wither, and Trapped. It can be a good debuffer, potentially decent CC'er, but overall it does have a weird kit. Def a team player and I prob wouldn't want to solo level w/ it, so I guess not unlike a Support AT :p

True. Though I will not be playing it(LTS inclines me heavily to play FF over AT) it is a very great looking debuff/CC build for an AT.

Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Just a note: Conjuring's description needs an update to state that it grants energy when you spawn a rune in addition to the normal conditions. This would be a tooltip adjustment only.

Just a note: Conjuring's description needs an update to state that it grants energy when you spawn a rune in addition to the normal conditions. This would be a tooltip adjustment only.

I guess that explains why Pillar at baseline can proc Conjuring. But then there's still an issue there w/ how things are being flagged, as its not procing Conjuring on Condemn's rune nor Expusle's rune, and doesn't explain how hitting allies w/Illumination (an Enchantment then, no Rune nor Curse) is procing it.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

I guess that explains why Pillar at baseline can proc Conjuring. But then there's still an issue there w/ how things are being flagged, as its not procing Conjuring on Condemn's rune nor Expusle's rune, and doesn't explain how hitting allies w/Illumination (an Enchantment then, no Rune nor Curse) is procing it.
    Agreed. Overall I like the mechanics as it gives the "magic" family of powers a distinctive feel. Sort of like the rush buff in martial arts. So if you stay in set you receive a nice minor benefit. But it doesn't stop a player from leaving the set to mix-n-match powers.

We could use some clearer and cleaner tagging of these new mechanics to help us make better choices.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    BUG:

Life Essence's AoE heal hits yourself. This means that each pulse of the power gives the user two heal ticks (the personal tick, and the AoE one).

Life Essence critical hits trigger Aura of Ebon Destruction's Ebon Lightning, even when Life Essence does not have the damage-dealing advantage.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So, having run a TA with the perfections of body spamming travel power removal -- it's a bad idea, and changing the effect to gravity would not make it a better idea (it would just make flight even less viable than it currently is -- flight is already inferior to superspeed and acrobatics in most content).

Yes, NPC AI is dumb and can't deal with fliers. It's also dumb and can't deal with people running. It can't even deal with people walking. If it's actually necessary to do anything about that, I would suggest instead something like:

Nailed Down: Applies -100 flight for 3s. Applies Root for 3s. Applies Freedom for 15s. Cannot affect units currently affected by Freedom.

In TA, this will kill you if it's done at the same time as a yellow bubble, but so will the current method. It will generate enough falling damage that people will be careful about flying at high altitudes, but doesn't apply so often you feel like travel powers are just unusable, and doesn't unduly punish specific travel powers.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I find myself wondering if some of the travel power removal tactics would be better served by stacking slows. Not for everything but for some situations.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Anyone able to post screenshots of some of the new powers? (all if they have time?)

I'm particularly interested in Death's Embrace power animation.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    While the VFX on Will-O'-The-Wisp is cute, it's to subtle to go with poison.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    Is the Witch AT in the event store, or is it just a new one for the Zen store?
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    If the core intent of Gravity Yank is to prevent players from out-distancing an NPC's attacks, the current implementation creates additional problems.

I watched a Strength of Takofanes knock me back with Roomsweeper, then Gravity Yank while I was still falling backward. The fall damage from "Get Down!", as others have mentioned, seemed extremely high. I assume it is unintended that enemies with knocks can create situations to use their Gravity Yank, when a player is trying to fight them head-on.

As Pantagruel mentioned, adding Gravity Yank to TA or the Warzone OMs (where other mechanics require blocking or dodging) creates scenarios where players will unavoidably die, largely because Gravity Yank's sudden knock can prevent a player from blocking long enough to get them killed.

SUGGESTION 1: I would recommend removing the knock component from Gravity Yank.
    The Gravity effect alone neutralizes fly-out-of-range tactics. Players can still potentially kite enemies on the ground; but I see that as a tactic rather than an exploit (enemies can still chase you), and attempting to neutralize it inevitably steps on the toes of other mechanics that encourage player movement.

SUGGESTION 2: I would prefer that enemy attacks with a strong knockback/knockup component lock out the use of Gravity Yank for a few seconds, to prevent the knock-yank combo. If the extreme fall damage from "Get Down!" is adjusted, this would become a moot point.
    edited October 2016

If the core intent of Gravity Yank is to prevent players from out-distancing an NPC's attacks, the current implementation creates additional problems.

I watched a Strength of Takofanes knock me back with Roomsweeper, then Gravity Yank while I was still falling backward. The fall damage from "Get Down!", as others have mentioned, seemed extremely high. I assume it is unintended that enemies with knocks can create situations to use their Gravity Yank, when a player is trying to fight them head-on.

As Pantagruel mentioned, adding Gravity Yank to TA or the Warzone OMs (where other mechanics require blocking or dodging) creates scenarios where players will unavoidably die, largely because Gravity Yank's sudden knock can prevent a player from blocking long enough to get them killed.

SUGGESTION 1: I would recommend removing the knock component from Gravity Yank.
    The Gravity effect alone neutralizes fly-out-of-range tactics. Players can still potentially kite enemies on the ground; but I see that as a tactic rather than an exploit (enemies can still chase you), and attempting to neutralize it inevitably steps on the toes of other mechanics that encourage player movement.

SUGGESTION 2: I would prefer that enemy attacks with a strong knockback/knockup component lock out the use of Gravity Yank for a few seconds, to prevent the knock-yank combo. If the extreme fall damage from "Get Down!" is adjusted, this would become a moot point.

I agree. I also want to point out that since more players are currently using the light version of *kiting* (true kiting would effectively allow roots, slows and DoT's as well) to compensate for the way Gravity works now, it makes it difficult for teams with melee/short range players to participate. It is not practical to have to chase down an NPC the whole time of the fight because it's being light kited by a team member. In this game, light kiting is good for solo play, not for team play.
    edited October 2016

This suggests that either the initial knock is bugged, or that gravity yank is ignoring knock immunity. Knock effects are supposed to give a short duration (2-3s) period of total immunity to knocks, to prevent that sort of knock chaining (going from full health to zero when a fetterer in zombie apocalypse caught you and two more caught you in midair was special, but not in a good way).
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Anyone able to post screenshots of some of the new powers? (all if they have time?)

I'm particularly interested in Death's Embrace power animation.

Death Embrace uses the Summon Voodoo Storm doll animation (Sovereign Sons Master Villain guy uses, cannot remember name) the followed by that Condemn effect that Become Doomlord/Celestial leave from Reviving others,
    Curse pulls out a voodoo doll and stabs it, applying a Stun,
    Life Essence uses Energy Storm effect.
    Certain effects could use colouring like the Voodoo effects emanating from your Hands from Death Embrace, tried Purple, only works for the Condemn styled Effect after animation.

adding Gravity Yank to TA or the Warzone OMs (where other mechanics require blocking or dodging) creates scenarios where players will unavoidably die, largely because Gravity Yank's sudden knock can prevent a player from blocking long enough to get them killed.

Tell that to the rare scenario in Gravitar, when she knocks you and while you're knocked she activates Singularity, dragging you helplessly in a falling state right up to her then while attempting to stand up she pulls a 1 kit KO Force Eruption...
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    Or when Gravitar somehow knocks you so hard you bounce off the containment dome even though you blocked the attack?

What always bugs me is how a lot of the time you STAY disabled for several seconds after the actual knock effect is over....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Can we please have the device/vehicle throne be Bound to Account or Bound on Equip? It's getting annoying having new stuff you can make a character around but not use said stuff because lv6s barely do anything useful in events.

Other than that, loving the changes(new powers!) and the throne.

Can we please have the device/vehicle throne be Bound to Account or Bound on Equip?

Upgrade kits usually change the device's binding, as well as making it a tier 2 vehicle.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Vehicles purchased in events stores are currently Bind to Account on Pickup.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User

Vehicles purchased in events stores are currently Bind to Account on Pickup.

The new throne vehicle and device cost 700 tokens and are bop on the vendor. For that price they should start as tier 2 vehicles.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2016
    The Throne vehicle being bind on pickup is intentional. Using a upgrade kit will change it to bind on equip.
    Takofanes will be able to drop bind on equip versions of the Throne Vehicle and Travel device.
    Other existing event vehicles will not see this change and most future event vehicles will remain bind to account.​​
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    700 tokens for a bop device is too expensive, especially when there's only a week to get it for a specific character.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    draogn said:

700 tokens for a bop device is too expensive, especially when there's only a week to get it for a specific character.

Seconded. Not tomention creating a charcter suitable to the throne, and leveling it enough to run the guantlet of freeing the Heroes of Detroit (Because at that price, you WILL need the 125 token drop).
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
This discussion has been closed.