test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arms/Mysticism/Science bonuses

Very short explanation:

Higher skill in Arms, Science, and Mysticism makes you more capable of finding rare drops, resisting some attacks, and dealing damage to the enemy groups associated with those R&D disciplines.

Ex: The VIPER Brickbuster dealt slightly less damage to you, an arms character, than it did to your mysticism friend. You also had an extra percentage to critically hit against it. It dropped a mod that only you can use.
Brou in Cryptic games.

Comments

• Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    I could see that working, especially if the bonuses were "gated" in such a way that if you still was like so
    • 0-100 : bonus #1 +% [based on amount.. this would be like bonus chance for X type mod drops]
    • 101-200: bonus #2 +% [based on amount this would be like bonus resistance to X type damage]
    • 201 -300: bonus#3 +% [based on amount this would be like bonus damage deal with X type e.g with arms you do more munutions damage]
    • 301-400: bonus#1#2#3 ++% [all previous bonuses get a buff based on amount]
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Another way to make the game easier? And toons more powerful? No thanks.
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    Having some more use for them might be good,and it needn't be connected to combat power.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Maybe have a higher chance of getting mod drops of that category?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    I think that might be kind of cool. Since On Alert I haven't bothered getting any of my toons to 400 in any of the skills, save for one, Masquerade, my main. If there were some value in these skills, save for success in fusing, it might peak my interest in fusing again.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Well, I plan to have at least one character up to 400 in each and don't feel like bothering with more than that.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User

Well, I plan to have at least one character up to 400 in each and don't feel like bothering with more than that.

Before On Alert it wasn't such a pain to get up to 400 skill, however after you got to 400 things started to get very grindy as you tried to craft a travel device. That was something I never managed to do. I didn't miss much really. Grinding Q to by the unlocks was a lot less painful. I like your suggestion though, better drops for whatever skill set you have. If you need mods from another set we have the AH
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    gradii said:

With the recent flood of extremely poorly designed and un fun "content" as a pathetic attempt to make the game "harder" I think many people would appreciate something easy for a change.

Events are the easy content.

Anyway, giving skills some additional, minor functionality would be cool.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

Maybe have a higher chance of getting mod drops of that category?

This I wouldn't mind seeing.

Even if 400 skill just adds a 10% chance of getting a drop of the appropriate skill type then it's still something.
    I figure that you would still be looking at probably capping out at tier IV mods, so if 10 level 40 opponents = 1 tier IV mod, that still means over 25K level 40 enemies to *maybe* get a single tier IX out of the deal.

=============

Not so much a fan of giving combat bonuses based on skills.
    I figure that most people would just think "Q-Warzone is magic so I need mysticism for my characters" and that would be that.

If they want to choose according to their super stats, or even if they want to choose their secondary super stats to match up with the same type as the primary, then I think that's fine but I don't think that anyone should feel forced into a particular skill because of the advantages that they will get, or at least think that they will get, for doing so.

If they could find a way to bring some actual crafting mechanics of some sort back, though, that would be even better.

Even if an insane grindfest to gather the mats, and even if they just use the same armor, enhancements, and "utility" mods.

Let me combine various rank IX mods into a vehicle or device of some sort, with different skills able to make different vehicles or devices.

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    gradii said:

Another way to make the game easier? And toons more powerful? No thanks.

With the recent flood of extremely poorly designed and un fun "content" as a pathetic attempt to make the game "harder" I think many people would appreciate something easy for a change.
    Yes, the game could use some easy content, no, the players don't need more power to do it.