test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Smoke Grenade as Threat Wipe

qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
This power should have been part of the threat wipe update a while back when they made powers like Evasive Maneuvers a threat wipe. Simply put it, make Smoke Grenade a threat wipe, either by making it an adv or making the power itself a threat wipe. Theme wise, this would fit perfectly for those Munition and PA user that doesn't want make their character look like a ninja (Smoke Bomb), a magic user (Palliate), or some acrobatic user (Evasive Maneuvers). AT wise, The Soldier would benefit greatly from this ability since they can do a great amount of damage and needed that threat wipe to lose the aggro.

Comments

• dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    Ofc it would be awesome, hopefully we'll see some non-pistol munitions revamp near Nighthawk event (seems pretty fitting theme).
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    Hmm maybe as an advantage?
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    Just bumping this thread for interests.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    We have threat-wipes that trigger in a PBAoE sphere around you, and we got wipes that proc on a single target.

I don't see why Smoke 'Nade can't be one that procs in a ranged sphere. It'd be a perfect addition for variety and balance.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    bluhman said:

We have threat-wipes that trigger in a PBAoE sphere around you, and we got wipes that proc on a single target.

I don't see why Smoke 'Nade can't be one that procs in a ranged sphere. It'd be a perfect addition for variety and balance.

and the solider AT needs a threatwipe...
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Ranged aoe threat wipe + Pacify + perception debuff?

That sounds like a bit much to pack into one power. Other than theme how would the other threat wipes compete?

I'd prefer to see a new power based on the theme of Flashbang Grenades for a threat wipe.
    • Default range 100, single target threat wipe.
    • Advantage: reduces the range to 50, but turns the threat wipe effect into a sphere.
    • Advantage: Stun the primary target and apply Disorient to all targets.
    I suggest the 50 range version as an advantage because some Munitions builds would want 100 range. AOE version would have to have some sort of tradeoff and I think 50 range works.