test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    And to be very clear, this will be a supplement extensively detailing the official Champions Universe, heroes, villains, factions, and events, for the period immediately before, during, and immediately after World War II. If you're looking to create characters with their roots in lore from the Champions version of the Golden Age of comics, this is going to be your book.

This is not one of those Kickstarters which will theoretically start being made only if there's enough backer money. The book is almost completely written and laid out right now. Personnel are lined up ready to put the finishing touches on it, print it, ship it to backers, and put it up for sale from various venues.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Very nice. My kind of supplement :)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    eh, I already have the 1984 version :P
    No disrespect intended to the creators of that 1984 book, which was cutting-edge in its day; but in terms of production values and information, comparing that to the newest edition is like comparing a Fokker biplane to an F-16.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Four days left and $1500 to go....
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    Was just checking in on my investment:

51 hours to go and less than $400.

I myself just contributed $30, which IMHO was the best bang for the buck, so that I can get the Encyclopedia of Golden Age Heroes. My reasoning is that, based on my experiences with the Villains Volumes for Champions, it's these character profiles that really drive the setting, because the Champions world is largely shaped and defined by certain main players.

Here's just a preview by artist Storn A. Cook:

For fun...I changed my Kickstarter name to that of one of my characters, so that her name will be listed in the book :smiley:
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    And... we made it!
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    WE WON!

Thanks to everyone who joined in. WE ALL WON!
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
    The cover to Golden Age Champions:

Characters clockwise from top left: the Golden Age Meteorman (GA Green Lantern homage); the Sea Hawk (aka Princess Mara of Atlantis); Dr. Twilight (grandfather of Dr. Ka of Vibora Bay); Bulletproof (homaging the cover of the first-ever issue of Captain America); and the aforementioned Optimus, leader of the Defenders of Justice.

And here is my favorite character from the book so far: Fubar, Prince of Gremlins!

• supersharkssupersharks Posts: 103 Arc User
    Congrats!

I expect to see many nazi's defeated with the power of war bonds and stamps.
  • bricedaurybricedaury Posts: 14 Arc User
    What ever happened with this book- is it available on Drivethru?
    According to the latest publisher's update, it's completely written, in the last stage of layout, and all the artwork is in. After a final editorial pass it should go to the printer before the end of the summer, and the PDF version should be ready at that time. Mind you, the Kickstarter backers will all be sent copies before GAC is available to the general public.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    ssoo.... October-ish?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited August 2017
    For the general buying public, at least that soon, maybe sooner. As a backer I received my PDF copy a week ago (which looks pretty frickin' sweet), and at that time the publisher announced it was being sent to the printer.
    And the PDF of GAC is now available for purchase: http://www.herogames.com/forums/store/product/699-golden-age-champions-pdf/ . And it's reeeaaally good. B)

It should be a few more weeks before the hard copy is in circulation.