test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Advanced Blocking no more preventing Crowd Control?

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
Since the Qliphothic Warzone update, there is a strange yet really annoying anomaly going on with the enemy Crowd Controls

Advanced Blocking (5 to 10 seconds) doesn't prevent Crowd Controls anymore

I block the Stuns and Paralyze for a good chuck of time, only to release the block and get instantly STUN Locked

Now this effect isn't exlusive inside Qliphothic Warzone

some players told me this is because those particular mobs are using Pre-Alert outdated CC mechanics

This is a really annoying bug, the enemies don't follow the game rules
Blocking CC shouldn't be ignore​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    It is because several of the mobs are using Player / Other Champion grade Crowd Control.

I don't know who thought that would be a good idea, especially on NPCs and how good their CC system is in comparison but there it is...

This basically means that Advanced/Early Blocking will not completely nullify their CC application like it should, instead it will linger but at a much shorter duration (which is why the timer icons are now helpful so you know when to release your block, I guess).
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    [Urge to RAGE, Rising]
    wow... just wow. Who thought this was a good idea?

this update has really ticked me off, big times​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I've also seen cases recently where I'd get a ridiculously powerful knock applied while blocking. And I mean +100 foot knocks! WHILE BLOCKING the attack!

Also, I really don't get why the devs thought that making CC persist like that was a good idea. A tiny icon appearing next to your character picture doesn't tell you anything. I get those almost every time any enemy attacks me. And this one doesn't look special enough for me to have ever actually noticed it in time to do anything about it.

Also the mechanic is horrible for other reasons. Forcing people to hold block basically disables their character anyways. The only real difference is how much damage you take in the process. Unless an enemy hits you with something that disables your block(IE EVERY STINKING KNOCK IN THE ENTIRE GAME)..... in which case you're just screwed.

Which reminds me.... Why do so many knocks leave you unable to act after the knock has already worn off? It's not a hold, you just can't do anything....
    Post edited by markhawkman on
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    If you love CC through a block, you'll love the daily mission in the Warzone where you have to kill 3 irritating mages to rescue a lost soul. I've only done it once, but it takes forever. Even if you've been blocking for a while, waiting for the special attack barrage to end, the CC says "eff your block!". And then you get hit in the face with a chest beam and go flying because you were CC'd and couldn't block.

It gets better. They also do triple planar fractures so you can't see anything because you're busy going blind.

And the Elder Worms are still worse than that.

Sadly, no one told the dev(s) that constant CC and knock spam is irritating for combat flow in a zone that only exists to be farmed.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    sterga wrote: »
    If you love CC through a block, you'll love the daily mission in the Warzone where you have to kill 3 irritating mages to rescue a lost soul. I've only done it once, but it takes forever. Even if you've been blocking for a while, waiting for the special attack barrage to end, the CC says "eff your block!". And then you get hit in the face with a chest beam and go flying because you were CC'd and couldn't block.

It gets better. They also do triple planar fractures so you can't see anything because you're busy going blind.

And the Elder Worms are still worse than that.

Believe me, I have experienced it 6 times last week and I hate every moment of it

Elder worms are really annoying, they die fast with a DPS, but with my TANK they just Troll me
    sterga wrote: »
    Sadly, no one told the dev(s) that constant CC and knock spam is irritating for combat flow in a zone that only exists to be farmed.

THIS

DEVs dont even follow the game own rules for Defense Mechanisms at this point​​