test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nemesis Need Some Updates

corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
edited October 2016 in Suggestions Box
I made a nemesis today, I haven't done this in a while... kinda sad to see, there is no Earth, Wind, or Heavy Weapons for them....
Think they need more missions too, I am sure there aren't any new ones.

Maybe make an Adventure Pack, about the nemesis? So all of you nemeses escape and team up to take you down....
Oh you only have 1? Well then maybe he can team up with the nemeses from your other heroes.
Maybe let us team up with our heroes on this on Adventure Pack?

Comments

• Options
    tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    I agree that the nemesis system could use some updates. It has the potential to be a fun system. Unfortunately, in its current state, it falls pretty flat.

- Additional starter missions
    - A nemesis adventure pack would be great
    - Citizen missions in the vein of, "Hey, I just saw going into the old warehouse by the docks!"
    - A custom alert that culminates in a 5 on 5 battle with all of the players Nemesis similar to the Grab the Money and Run alert
    -
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    I would like to see the current nemesis storyline broken up.

Instead of having a nemesis experiment with Draysha, try to enlist the aid of some supernatural being, then build a death ray that is really cover for some extra-dimensional gateway thing or whatever that is all about, I would like to see 9 different stories for each of 9 different possible combos.

There are three types of villains: Mastermind, brute, and maniac.

There are three basic backgrounds for heroes, as noted in the crafting system: Arms, mysticism, and science.

So let us combine those to get the nine different stories; A mystical brute would not have the same story as a mystical mastermind or maniac. A mystical mastermind will not have the same story as an arms or science mastermind.

At the very least they should give each type of villain a different story. If a brute comes up with the exact same scheme as a mastermind then either the former is overachieving in a big way or the latter is severely underachieving.

Heck, it doesn't even have to be the little missions along the way. Just the bigger missions... Ghost Veil, Draysha, Cloned Mayor, Bunker Buster (which needs some major bug fixing anyway), the finale, whatever else I may have missed.

They can even keep those missions and work them into the appropriate nemesis' plot.
    If they think that Deathray Demolition is great for a science mastermind then let the science masterminds keep that as their finale.

If they think that Bunker Buster is good for arms brutes then let arms brutes keep Bunker Buster in their plot.

If they think that Ghost Veil works great for mystical maniacs then mystical maniacs can have Ghost Veil.

They just need to fill out the rest of it along the way.

=============

And add every AT as a possible nemesis, bring in more minion types, and add to the minion's power options.

And while it may be an unpopular choice, I would say that they could even charge for the "deluxe nemesis options".
    I would pay zen in order to unlock this.

They could even throw in a little something(s) extra to sweeten the pot if they felt the need. Some device, unique mods, costume parts, an action figure, sidekick, whatever.
  • Options
    colonelmarikcolonelmarik Posts: 185 Arc User
    There's a LOT that could be done with the nemesis system. We've been asking for some changes for YEARS, but had no response, let alone any action.

Some things I'd like to see:

Minions chosen from existing groups, like the Maniacs or Viper.
    Minions that can be customized.

Nemesis powers to be selected from all available powers, following this structure:
    Passive
    Travel power
    Toggle
    Close single target attack
    Close area attack
    Ranged single target attack
    Ranged area attack
    Ultimate power
    2 additional powers of choice

Nemesis needs more personality types with appropriate dialog. For example:
    The Antihero
    The Petty Crook
    The World Conqueror
    etc.

Nemesis should be given an "Origin" type, which would determine the nature of the storyline he follows, for example:
    Mystical
    Technological
    Mutation
    Special Training
    etc.

There needs to be MUCH MORE use of Nemeses. When civilians give us random missions to go into a map and defeat some foes, there should be a Nemesis as the end boss (but not necessarily the nemesis of THAT player... it might be randomly selected from one player online at that time). In addition, Nemesis alerts should happen FAR more often, and more types of Nemesis alerts should be created.

I'd love to see Nemesis villains randomly spawn in the city at random locations, just wreaking havoc with some of his/her minions. Actually, I'd like to see this kind of thing happen with stock villains too, kind of like open mission events but occurring in random places at random times.

It should be made possible to play AS your Nemesis, but as an Onslaught Villain.

It should be possible to have more than one Nemesis active at a time.

Nemesis Confrontation should be revamped so that OUR Nemeses are the stars of the show. I'm tired of Dr. Destroyer being behind everything, and there's NO WAY some of my Nemesis villains would be subordinate to anyone.
    Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1108521
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    I would settle for just cosmic level difficulty for Nemesis missions, minions and bosses and a SCR reward.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    I know a lot of people want to play as villains, so maybe some missions that you run as your nemesis, I suspect a lot of people would love participate in a supervillain team up where you raid the champion building
  • Options
    kjodellkjodell Posts: 83 Arc User
    also nemesis need travel powers, I know this may sound silly but I really wanted to have a mid-air slugfest with my nemesis, plus it would help my above Idea
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    kjodell said:

also nemesis need travel powers, I know this may sound silly but I really wanted to have a mid-air slugfest with my nemesis, plus it would help my above Idea

The most fun I ever had in Nemcon was flying around the central room and blasting at a nemesis after the nemesis had gotten knocked into the spike pit. IF the nemesis had been able to do the same? that would have been epic! Also... there's the fire room. Guess what happens if your nem falls in? :/

Realistically... it might need an AI update to get the AI to use TPs.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters