test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why can't I buy "free" gear?

I want the alien hybrid costume from z-store and it says it's free to buy, but the transaction won't go through. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    screenshot plz? No idea what you're talking about
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I tried to take screenshots in the taylor and start screen, but they just show the character and nothing else. (No text, nothing)
  • Options
    Also having the same problem with Shoulder Raven. Says it's free, but I get an error message when I try to unlock it.
  • Options
    sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 260 Arc User
    The start screen doesn't properly allow screenshots. In the tailor, use the command /screenshot_ui_jpg to retain the entirety of the user interface.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/fierifipor/screenshot_2016-10-05-20-43-13.jpg

As you can see, it's says I can buy it for free, but when I click the buy button I get an error message
  • Options
    Free(buy) doesn't make sense to me.... Soo I looked at it. It seems to be asking you to buy a Z-store costume pack that doesn't exist. Which is why you can't actually buy it. Also, the "free" is because there isn't a valid zen cost for the non-existent pack.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Sucks for me. :(
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    This stuff is free for subscribers, but you have to go pick it up from the appropriate Renn Center vendor first.
  • Options
    Ah, ok, that makes a bit more sense.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Alien Hybrid, a jetpack, and the creepy birds were lockbox rewards. I believe they've been moved to the Collector vendor, so you'll need a voucher for them instead.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    There was a time, I think for 6 or 9 lockboxes, that they tried to incentivize key sales by adding freebies to people that opened each box in the set.

Open at least one of this box, that box, and the other box and you will unlock this special thing.
    Next series of three starts and repeat for some other special thing.

I think that I like the current way to push key sales better.
    The 20 key packs that contain other exclusive goodies.

Every pack may not be for everyone, but that's how it is going to be with everything they add to the game.