test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A piece of mind...

jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Champions Online Discussion
I feel a little bored and stressed so I have the need to rant a little about the status of the game as right now.

I started playing when this game showed up in Steam and then always have my curiosity, even playing as an AT. I played with lot of friends and farmed my good share (getting a FF is not cheap for the mind) and have a good time... but those are old times.

Firstly I appreciate a lot that the new Dev Team is making a hard work to ensure anything to this game, not like some years back where the game was in life supply.

But, as always we have a "but", they going to the wrong direction and wrong choices of refloating/mend this game.

Right now my rant comes for the new Dev Team behind of the "new" content of the game. I call it "new" because for me a is not new, it is only for the veterans that camp MC flashing theirs Lv40 and gizmos. The access of the new content for new players is behind a wall of old grind and not revised quests.

I don't know what is the point of advertise this as new content if it's only accessible for players unlike me have played eons ago, even started playing this game long ago I never have the patience to level a toon to 40. Why? Because is boring as hell, maybe in 2009~2010 this method of leveling was the best of the best (I don't think so, never liked WoW) but is an archaic method of leveling plagued with Kill/fetch/go to and beat them quests.

Always the same missions, the same holed plots and the same road with a null history (because the true history is in the Comic Books Series Quest), always I get bored or reaching at some point leveling a new idea comes and remake/delete my toon, that’s the curse of the FF nothing wrong about it. You only need to make the same type of hero to stomp everything in the quest line (and only there).

And don't get me started with ALERTS! missions, so let be them there forgotten right now.

So I want to suggest to the Dev Team to make a roadmap and establish some Urgent needs and QoL for the game and stop making content to calm older/veteran’s players.

Right now the game needs:
  1. Revise every Power Set from the start
      They have make some changes there and here, but they only make changes halfhearted, they need to focus and go checking/revising every power of every set and don't do anything until they have revised all of them. Hard? Yes, but right now a lot of powers and sets are in great need of a revision.
  2. Quests are in need of being deleted/revised/balanced
      The quests are a mess, old quest filled with old mechanics of the old CO. Some of them are unnecessary or are stapled by force inside the line, others ones are bugged because the changes and new mechanics... and be real they are boring as hell. Maybe if they remake them to feel like Superheroes mission than a delivery boy can be a good step, we are Supers so it's only natural the missions are crafted for Supers.
  3. Archetypes
      Right now the ATs for me are a "Demo" of the game, nearly all of them are ineffective and bad crafted. Mostly because they are crafted after ten or more years so all the changes and mechanics are not reflected in them. Ad good revision to make them viable and even enjoyable to play for players. Only a few ATs are worth the money they ask.
  4. New Players
      New players need things to stay here and the Stylist is none of them, only a few of the new players stay long enough to get a Gold/LTS/Buy thing in the Zen store... a low low low number. This is bind to Leveling and ATs... and content for new players, accessible for everyone and progressive until they can enter to Cosmic/End-Game, mostly this are called Comic Series... but only one of them work half of the time and the rest are bugged and can't be finished. And no... Cybermind is not the same.

5. Prices
      If the Devs can stop juggling with the prices of the equipment can be a good thing, I don't know why they though upping the price can be a "good thing" when it's a bad thing at least for every player that rely only from Questionite. Is hard to farm Q's enough and more enough to "refine" it... a piece worth like 6 days in a row? Please god shoot at my knees. If they put high prices they need or put high Q rewards, or put even higher resource rewards or getting rid of the Questionite Refine limit.

6. Paywall
      The bane of CO in modern times, the last bastion and archaic mechanic that make the new players flee like this game have the black plague. I don't know if the prices are made like this because CO have his own inflation system or because they don't even touch them from 2009, but I can told you if anyone see an AT (a DEMO character) at the price of 12€... no one going to buy it. "It's free for all not free for everything" they said... true, but I don't see in that line "It's expensive for everyone".

Those are in my case the important points for the Devs. But they are my thoughts, maybe another user have other priorities or some of the veterans going to chew me out, but I don't care. The game is in great need of improvements and end-game content don't fix it.

And don't get me wrong... I'm going to still playing the game and have fun in the only thing I can, making new builds and themes with my FF slot and making some clothes for them.

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to talk about my concerns about CO.

Thanks.
Post edited by jojenmaihem on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    For me one of the main things I'd change is making it so people can have more than 15 quests at once.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    You don't want to pay twelve euros (fifteen bucks American) to buy a premium AT? No problem - play a free one. They're about on a par anyway, and the Unleashed is actually better than a lot of the premium ATs (and better than some Freeforms I've seen!).

And your estimates of how long new players stay are about as worthwhile as Nextnametaken's constant attempts to assure us that the old hands are fleeing in droves as well - numbers removed entirely from one's rectal sphincter, rather than a reliable data source.​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    jonsills said:

You don't want to pay twelve euros (fifteen bucks American) to buy a premium AT? No problem - play a free one. They're about on a par anyway, and the Unleashed is actually better than a lot of the premium ATs (and better than some Freeforms I've seen!).

And your estimates of how long new players stay are about as worthwhile as Nextnametaken's constant attempts to assure us that the old hands are fleeing in droves as well - numbers removed entirely from one's rectal sphincter, rather than a reliable data source.​​

^ I agree with what jon said.

New players need things to stay here and the Stylist is none of them

[Insert gif of laughing person]
    I mean sure, not everyone comes for the costume making but to say that nobody stays for it is... well it's laughable. Laughing person gif laughable. The people who come for gameplay, well, there's stuff being added for them. That's why I'm here and I'm quite happy with the direction the game is taking.

I don't know what is the point of advertise this as new content if it's only accessible for players unlike me have played eons ago, even started playing this game long ago I never have the patience to level a toon to 40. Why? Because is boring as hell, maybe in 2009~2010 this method of leveling was the best of the best (I don't think so, never liked WoW) but is an archaic method of leveling plagued with Kill/fetch/go to and beat them quests.

Always the same missions, the same holed plots and the same road with a null history (because the true history is in the Comic Books Series Quest), always I get bored or reaching at some point leveling a new idea comes and remake/delete my toon, that’s the curse of the FF nothing wrong about it. You only need to make the same type of hero to stomp everything in the quest line (and only there).

How is anything in this game only accessible for players who played eons ago? I mean... is it somebody else's fault that you never hit 40 on a toon? If you hate the journey to 40 then why do you keep starting it over? Has anyone ever mentioned Grab alerts to you? And yeah, mission-based leveling content is easy... oh well!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    I have to disagree about people not staying for the costumes. Its why I stayed.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    nepht said:

I have to disagree about people not staying for the costumes. Its why I stayed.

And me.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I'm basically reading the OP as "I have a short-attention span and demand that you recreate the whole game to cater to that need."
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options

I'm basically reading the OP as "I have a short-attention span and demand that you recreate the whole game to cater to that need."

That seems like a fairly accurate assessment. Hell, he's probably already uninstalled this game and burned through two or three others by now.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

1. Revise every Power Set from the start
        They have make some changes there and here, but they only make changes halfhearted, they need to focus and go checking/revising every power of every set and don't do anything until they have revised all of them. Hard? Yes, but right now a lot of powers and sets are in great need of a revision.
    This is currently underway. Infernal Supernatural, Bestial Supernatural, Heavy Weapons, and Sorcery have gotten (or are getting complete revisions). Many other power sets are also being revised to some degree (Darkness, Might, Martial Arts).

Quests are in need of being deleted/revised/balanced
      The quests are a mess, old quest filled with old mechanics of the old CO. Some of them are unnecessary or are stapled by force inside the line, others ones are bugged because the changes and new mechanics... and be real they are boring as hell. Maybe if they remake them to feel like Superheroes mission than a delivery boy can be a good step, we are Supers so it's only natural the missions are crafted for Supers.
    I agree that most of the old quest lines are dull. On the other hand, you may play the Adventure Packs, Comic Series, and events.
    You can also just level up through alerts, or even buy level up devices to power through up to level 40. If you don't want to spend euros, you can save up Questionite.

Archetypes
      Right now the ATs for me are a "Demo" of the game, nearly all of them are ineffective and bad crafted. Mostly because they are crafted after ten or more years so all the changes and mechanics are not reflected in them. Ad good revision to make them viable and even enjoyable to play for players. Only a few ATs are worth the money they ask.
    As others said, some ATs are quite good, some are terrible. Don't play the terrible ones. Save up for another FF using Questionite. Some of the best are Free (Glacier, Unleashed, Radiant).

New Players
      New players need things to stay here and the Stylist is none of them, only a few of the new players stay long enough to get a Gold/LTS/Buy thing in the Zen store... a low low low number. This is bind to Leveling and ATs... and content for new players, accessible for everyone and progressive until they can enter to Cosmic/End-Game, mostly this are called Comic Series... but only one of them work half of the time and the rest are bugged and can't be finished. And no... Cybermind is not the same.
    You have no idea about how much folks spend in Zen store. I will say, however, that since there are ALWAYS cosmic keys for sale, people are spending real money in the store.

Prices
      If the Devs can stop juggling with the prices of the equipment can be a good thing, I don't know why they though upping the price can be a "good thing" when it's a bad thing at least for every player that rely only from Questionite. Is hard to farm Q's enough and more enough to "refine" it... a piece worth like 6 days in a row? Please god shoot at my knees. If they put high prices they need or put high Q rewards, or put even higher resource rewards or getting rid of the Questionite Refine limit.
    If too many gear pieces and items can be obtained extremely fast, then players quickly get everything. This might lead to people leaving the game sooner, or finding the game too easy. Luckily, there are many ways to get good gear. The absolute best gear, that takes a real grind to get, is only slightly better than the gear below. Top gear isn't even needed to participate in Endgame content.

Paywall
      The bane of CO in modern times, the last bastion and archaic mechanic that make the new players flee like this game have the black plague. I don't know if the prices are made like this because CO have his own inflation system or because they don't even touch them from 2009, but I can told you if anyone see an AT (a DEMO character) at the price of 12€... no one going to buy it. "It's free for all not free for everything" they said... true, but I don't see in that line "It's expensive for everyone".
    The paywall is for FF characters. You can play the entire game without them.
    Don't forget, top damage output is currently achieved by ATs, NOT FFs. AT Infernos, Soldiers, Unleashed, Blades can do more damage than FFs.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User

Don't forget, top damage output is currently achieved by ATs, NOT FFs. AT Infernos, Soldiers, Unleashed, Blades can do more damage than FFs.

Thanks to Diminishing Returns.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    I understand about indecision
    But I don't care if I get behind
    People livin' in competition
    All I want is to have my "a peace of mind"...
  • Options
    handofkainhandofkain Posts: 29 Arc User

Is this true? That would be so depressing to know that the highest, most reliable damage dealing options were pre-builts provided to you for free. Maybe I only speak for myself but I greatly enjoy the theory crafting and trying to get impressive damage output or mitigation out of my builds. I know my theme builds are hamstrung by their very nature but I would hope a specifically designed high DPS build could out do any AT, especially free ones.

• Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Yeah, it's a bug, but there's no evidence of it being fixed any time soon.

But it's really moot, the extra bit of damage these things put out don't really matter.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    The extra damage is sometimes 10% or 20% higher. Others have claimed even more than that.
    You pay for that with much less build flexibility, and being quite fragile.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I feel a little bored and stressed so I have the need to rant a little about the status of the game as right now.

I started playing when this game showed up in Steam and then always have my curiosity, even playing as an AT. I played with lot of friends and farmed my good share (getting a FF is not cheap for the mind) and have a good time... but those are old times.

Firstly I appreciate a lot that the new Dev Team is making a hard work to ensure anything to this game, not like some years back where the game was in life supply.

But, as always we have a "but", they going to the wrong direction and wrong choices of refloating/mend this game.

Right now my rant comes for the new Dev Team behind of the "new" content of the game. I call it "new" because for me a is not new, it is only for the veterans that camp MC flashing theirs Lv40 and gizmos. The access of the new content for new players is behind a wall of old grind and not revised quests.new means, not previously available. It does not mean available to everyone to do.

I don't know what is the point of advertise this as new content if it's only accessible for players unlike me have played eons ago, even started playing this game long ago I never have the patience to level a toon to 40. Why? Because is boring as hell, maybe in 2009~2010 this method of leveling was the best of the best (I don't think so, never liked WoW) but is an archaic method of leveling plagued with Kill/fetch/go to and beat them quests.I got bad news for you, a lot of games do exactly the same thing because their is a limit to the type of missions you can make. Most boil down to

And don't get me started with ALERTS! missions, so let be them there forgotten right now.

So I want to suggest to the Dev Team to make a roadmap and establish some Urgent needs and QoL for the game and stop making content to calm older/veteran’s players.

Right now I THINK the game needs:fixed that for you

Revise every Power Set from the start
    a lot of sets are getting revision and by the way,exactly how many devs do you think we have working on this game? A heck of a lot less than when it started

Quests are in need of being deleted/revised/balanced
    please define EXACTLY what you mean by designed for supers, taking into account the gun toting maniacs, martial artists etc.

Archetypes
    Game has only been going for 7 years. I've levelled all but the Behemoth to 40 with no problems at all.
    New Players
    Whiteout works, did Serpent lantern last week, no problems. Resistance works, people do that regularly. Only one I Know has a bug which can stop you is Demonflame.

Prices
    daily alert mission, mechanon series, comic series. refine is 8k per day or 16k for 1000day vet/LTS.
    OH NO, you had to farm for 6 days for gear, what a hardship... <insert sarcasm here>

Paywall
    " really that's odd because people do buy them. I've bought a bunch on my silver acct. YOU wouldn't buy it, doesn't mean other people won't"

Those are in my case the important points for the Devs. But they are my thoughts, maybe another user have other priorities or some of the veterans going to chew me out, but I don't care. The game is in great need of improvements and end-game content don't fix it.
    no but it helps, all the people who had nothing to do at 40.

And don't get me wrong... I'm going to still playing the game and have fun in the only thing I can, making new builds and themes with my FF slot and making some clothes for them.

Sorry for the long post, but I needed to talk about my concerns about CO.

Thanks.

short attention span, low boredom threshold, wants everything now.
    so what other games do you play?
    if you want to see my attention problem with builds and characters, look at the altaholics thread under General Gameplay. I have 2 entries on the list and my third acct waiting to go on.

Try playing The Secret World, you are automatically FF since you can level any skills.
    There are no classes and no levels, as you earn points doing missions, you assign the points where you want them.So if you decide to change your build/attacks, it's simply a matter of swapping them over and changing weapons. So don't have to leave a map until you want to, or you can leave it as soon as you get a message.
    Plenty of costumes, some buy in shop, some ingame, some from acheiving things ingame

Lots of puzzles which are interesting to difficult. There's an ingame help function for it, so you can look up the answers.

Bad news- you pay to download the game, it's worth it
    missions are- kill things, collect things, manipulate things, talk to people. Get used to it.

Gear getting is a mix of good and bad.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    jonsills said:

Correct, thats why farmed my FF slot (1.545.200Q) if I can get it free I'm going to get it. The two silver slots are filled with Soldier and Inferno.

But inside of what I look (create themes) I choose FF where part of the fun it's in the game.

spinnytop said:

How is anything in this game only accessible for players who played eons ago? I mean... is it somebody else's fault that you never hit 40 on a toon? If you hate the journey to 40 then why do you keep starting it over? Has anyone ever mentioned Grab alerts to you? And yeah, mission-based leveling content is easy... oh well!

Maybe can try to reach beyond Mosnter Island, but when you have done the missions a lot of times things get dull.

And I know about alerts... go make one and then continue doing missions or you can farm Grab until 40, that doesn't make it better that doing missions.

Can try to reach beyond to see deep.

More low time to play than anything... but notheless may some day can put my efforts to level up crafting.
    spinnytop said:

That seems like a fairly accurate assessment. Hell, he's probably already uninstalled this game and burned through two or three others by now.
    As the end of my post say, I still play at this game. So please don't make assumptions.

This is what I posted this, to disscus not to be penalized because I'm saying opinions from my point of view.

Thanks for analyze every point sir.

Try playing The Secret World, you are automatically FF since you can level any skills.

There are no classes and no levels, as you earn points doing missions, you assign the points where you want them.So if you decide to change your build/attacks, it's simply a matter of swapping them over and changing weapons. So don't have to leave a map until you want to, or you can leave it as soon as you get a message.

Plenty of costumes, some buy in shop, some ingame, some from acheiving things ingame

Lots of puzzles which are interesting to difficult. There's an ingame help function for it, so you can look up the answers.

Bad news- you pay to download the game, it's worth it

missions are- kill things, collect things, manipulate things, talk to people. Get used to it.

Gear getting is a mix of good and bad.​​

I have The Secret World and played it a lot, love that game and the most the investigation/puzzle ones and the possibilities to make with a toon. Either way I thank you too for analyze my points to read them and make another round to test better the game.

I think more or less I responded as better I can at every post and always inside the respect (if not tell me). The objective of this post excluding the fact that I see things that can be better, to vent down my frustrations a little.

Somenting I don't think it's bad if you don't go beyond respect.

Thanks for all of you and you time reading these posts.
  • Options
    ok here is my list from the previous "this game would be great thread" , it's all the ideas people have asked for.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1205057/this-game-could-be-amazing/p1

Let's see how many I can remember
    according to various people the game would be great if;
    it had more adult missions- MA instead of T
    it had more RP zones,
    all missions were skull level
    -had a choice of recog/resources/gear for rewards
    - had 5 times(or maybe 10) the resource rewards
    - all missions were repeatable at 40 for large resource reward.
    all drops taken out of the game were put back
    the crafting system(which people kept saying only gave crap) was put back
    -the items made by the old crafting system were put in as random drops
    a Foundry was put in;
    -people were able to assign rewards to those missions
    -people were able to make hordes of the things missions(farm)

PVE
    -we get more adventure packs with 'suitable rewards'
    -we got new zones
    -we got new power sets regularly
    -we got new story arcs
    - we got a villain side
    - SCR/GCR was rewards for level 40+ missions.
    -Get rid of spec trees
    - make all powers what they were originally
    - bump up all the low powers instead of lowering the one high power
    - have lots of end game gear grind(well that person is getting their wish)
    - not have a load of end game grind
    - have a mixed assortment of endgame activities
    - players be able to have 2 passives active at once
    - All mobs should have better AI's(ok that ones valid, they are pretty stupid)

PVP
    -we had open world PVP including inside buildings.
    -SCR for taking part
    -rampage tokens for taking part
    -Q for taking part
    -items in the SCR store were buyable with acclaim.

Lockboxes
    - were removed
    - were put back in the zen store as grab bags
    - items were direct purchase from zen store
    - keys dropped ingame
    - Gold got to open lockboxes for free(from several DCUO players. those lockboxes are different)

Silver;
    -had pet skins
    -power colours
    -free retcon at 40
    -free slot at 40(yes someone has asked for that)
    -All AT's should be free

FF slots be changed to 2500, 1500, 1000, 300 zen (yes 300 and then he might save up for it)

Vehicles;
    -be removed totally
    - to be made a lot cheaper
    - to be customisable(a vehicle tailor)
    -have better weapons

Pets;
    -have better defences
    -have better attacks
    -have better Ai's(so they don't just stand there)
    - stay out all the time
    -can hold aggro
    -can make your characters into sidekicks, so you can have a group of 5 of your characters.
    - had a lot lower energy costs

All costume sets to be 500zen or less

Be able to make mod programs (last few lines on the post: so if anyone wanted to run with infinite questionite they could)

Nemesis
    - you could have an organisation as a Nemesis
    - you could use someone else's nemesis(you can, just copy it)
    - you could design nemesis missions(that one actually sounded ok)

@crypticarkayne doesn't choke or die laughing reading this lot

Doesn't look so good all together, does it?
    Now imagine the game if of those changes got done, including the mutually exclusive ones(assuming the game doesn't implode)
    TL;DR
    This is what interest me/I like, change the game to this and it'll be great for me, nobody else matters unless they agree with me.
    ​​

• Options
    and OP,
    put your post as a suggestion in the suggestions section, they do actually read it. This is just general discussion.​​

• Options
    NOTE: You can hit level 40 doing Vibora Bay Apocalypse and Vibora Bay Missions, the hardest parts of Canada (well, almost 40), or Lemuria. You do not need to do Monster Island again to level up to 40.

If you haven't done Vibora Bay Apocalypse, you've missed some of the best parts of the game.

• Options

NOTE: You can hit level 40 doing Vibora Bay Apocalypse and Vibora Bay Missions, the hardest parts of Canada (well, almost 40), or Lemuria. You do not need to do Monster Island again to level up to 40.

If you haven't done Vibora Bay Apocalypse, you've missed some of the best parts of the game.

And the most fun massacre in the game.

For the finale, Juryrig opens the time portal to send you into the past and the Nephilim storm the place.... but it's an endless horde and you can simply keep killing them until you get bored of it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    levelling by missions.
    137 level 40's, so far. ALL by missions with alert topups. except for nemesis alerts, I find spamming them boring.
    don't believe me,my last update is on this page
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203263/altaholic-challenge-part-5,​​

• Options
    chaelk said:

levelling by missions.

137 level 40's, so far. ALL by missions with alert topups. except for nemesis alerts, I find spamming them boring.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203263/altaholic-challenge-part-5,​​

And people think I'M hardcore.
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User

So... basically, you are saying you are jealous of the abilities of the people who have spent hours grinding out this "archaic method of leveling plagued with Kill/fetch/go to and beat them quests" and you want all their magic powers without the work. Am I getting that right?

Thousands of people have played through all the quests you mention, but they are not good enough for you? You want all new stuff, but you don't want to pay? This is just prattling, self-centered nonsense.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Thousands of people have played through all the quests you mention, but they are not good enough for you? You want all new stuff, but you don't want to pay? This is just prattling, self-centered nonsense.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    Actually, reading between the lines, what I got out of his post was, "I played archetypes a long time ago, and had a good time back then, and it was quite a long time I played that way because you can't farm up enough Q for a freeform slot fast, and I did that."

His next big point to me was "Now I just play that one freeform slot, making a new build as it comes to me until it either doesn't work out well, or until I get bored with that build, then delete and reroll as new build ideas come to me [that's the life of a freeform free player]."

So, you say you are bored of the game and new content shouldn't be labeled 'new' if it isn't accessible to all players? Forget you and your entire worthless opinion.

I say it's people like you who, as far as I can tell, only ride this games free nature into the ground and probably don't actually support the game at all, even spending the crazy ages needed to farm up a freeform slot, that don't deserve this game.

You want to impress me enough to value your opinion? Pony up a little scratch when you think the game is worth it.

If you don't think the game is worth it, why have you been here enjoying it [for free might I add] all these years?

And how is it you have no level 40s, and how is that anyone's problem but yours, since by all accounts most anyone can easily hit 40 in less than 24 hours, and that's without XP buffs off any kind?
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    iamrune said:

Actually, reading between the lines, what I got out of his post was, "I played archetypes a long time ago, and had a good time back then, and it was quite a long time I played that way because you can't farm up enough Q for a freeform slot fast, and I did that."

His next big point to me was "Now I just play that one freeform slot, making a new build as it comes to me until it either doesn't work out well, or until I get bored with that build, then delete and reroll as new build ideas come to me [that's the life of a freeform free player]."

So, you say you are bored of the game and new content shouldn't be labeled 'new' if it isn't accessible to all players? Forget you and your entire worthless opinion.

I say it's people like you who, as far as I can tell, only ride this games free nature into the ground and probably don't actually support the game at all, even spending the crazy ages needed to farm up a freeform slot, that don't deserve this game.

You want to impress me enough to value your opinion? Pony up a little scratch when you think the game is worth it.

If you don't think the game is worth it, why have you been here enjoying it [for free might I add] all these years?

And how is it you have no level 40s, and how is that anyone's problem but yours, since by all accounts most anyone can easily hit 40 in less than 24 hours, and that's without XP buffs off any kind?

Also the fact that the devs actually put in a way to BUY your way to level 40 ages ago. And it's not hidden.
  • Options
    yeah restarting from scratch repeatedly is the WORST way you could possibly play this game. :/
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    yeah restarting from scratch repeatedly is the WORST way you could possibly play this game. :/
    Depends on how you define that, I suppose. I mean, I've "restarted from scratch" a whole bunch of times - I don't think I had any heirloom gear to pass down until I was on my twentieth character or so (currently have 38 toons in my stable, holding slot #39 until the new Sorcery pass is completed, and frankly I can't recall how many I've deleted over the years).

On the other hand, yeah, deleting everything and starting over is really the hard way to go about it. Especially if you never got a Hideout, so you don't have an account bank to store things (and Resources, and Drifter Salvage) in.​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    I am ashamed how the community is treating the op, people are being very elitist about your ideas, I agree with not wanting instant rewards and having to work a little to progress since this is an rpg after all. But he is right about allot of things and it makes no sense why some of you even attacked on allot of these ideas and you can be more mature about it, its not your job to shoot someone down just because that have an opinion, there is nothing special about you we are all on equal footing and frankly you need to step off the high horse.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Xor, the mere fact that someone has an uninformed opinion does not create any obligation in me to respect said lack of information. Opinions, they say, are like certain bodily orifices; everyone has at least one, and many of them stink.​​
    Post edited by jonsills on

• Options

he is right about allot of things

Please point out the things that he said that actually make sense.

ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

I am ashamed how the community is treating the op, people are being very elitist about your ideas, I agree with not wanting instant rewards and having to work a little to progress since this is an rpg after all. But he is right about allot of things and it makes no sense why some of you even attacked on allot of these ideas and you can be more mature about it, its not your job to shoot someone down just because that have an opinion, there is nothing special about you we are all on equal footing and frankly you need to step off the high horse.

Oh no, somebody disagreed with the OP. Quick, coddle... coddle as hard as you can!
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    levelling by missions.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203263/altaholic-challenge-part-5,

And people think I'M hardcore.

OK I have a little concentration problem.
    Mind you, I also have the biggest collection of NON FOTM, half arsed builds around.​​

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'm chasin' ya, though! :p

From way way back, but I'm still churnin' 'em out!
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    your quote buffonery is making it look like I have the altitis. plz fix.
  • Options
    jonsills said:

Xor, the mere fact that someone has an uninformed opinion does not create any obligation in me to respect said lack of information. Opinions, they say, are like certain bodily orifices; everyone has at least one, and many of them stink.​​

I know some where uninformed to be fair when it comes to the update knowledge is limited and its kind of hard to figure out exactly what info is there, however that doesnt excuse how immature people where being about it and im not talking about you here, you handled it just fine.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    spinnytop said:

Oh no, somebody disagreed with the OP. Quick, coddle... coddle as hard as you can!

Why are you always trolling and flaming people? I am getting sick of this, enough is enough.
  • Options

spinnytop said:

Why are you always trolling and flaming people? I am getting sick of this, enough is enough.
    I see you're still evading the question.,....

ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited October 2016

spinnytop said:

I see you're still evading the question.,....

Actually I just didnt care to and I shouldnt have to, I dont need to prove anything to you, and since you assumed im certainly not going to now since you want to fight with people in the forums.
  • Options
    In other words you were just saying stuff.

See people have explained what's wrong with the op several times already. And you refuse to elaborate on why you disagree... If you actually want people to look at it from your PoV you should explain why... instead of calling them elitists.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited October 2016

In other words you were just saying stuff.

See people have explained what's wrong with the op several times already. And you refuse to elaborate on why you disagree... If you actually want people to look at it from your PoV you should explain why... instead of calling them elitists.

Lol I wasnt but it literally makes no difference what you think of me so go ahead, and yea some are elitists in these forums its clear from other posts ive seen on here, I call it as I see it, its not an insult just truth. And I did explain it from my point of view, there was nothing else that needed to be explained you just want to prove someone wrong with another internet dabate and thats your problem. I am not going to feed your issue, find someone else to pull into your abyss sir.
    Post edited by xoriandruid on
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I never do that. Problem solved! \o/

you just want to prove someone wrong with another internet dabate and thats your problem. I am not going to feed your issue, find someone else to pull into your abyss sir.

If it's his problem then why are you getting on his case for it? I mean... aren't you now trying to prove him wrong with "another internet dabate[sic]"? If you look long enough into the abyss, eventually you'll fall in!
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    your quote buffonery is making it look like I have the altitis. plz fix.

no, I think I'll leave it... BWAhahaha.... then I can persuade people some of the oddballs I have , are actually yours.... no that won't work. I've seen some of yours​​

• Options
    spinnytop said:

I never do that. Problem solved! \o/

you just want to prove someone wrong with another internet dabate and thats your problem. I am not going to feed your issue, find someone else to pull into your abyss sir.

If it's his problem then why are you getting on his case for it? I mean... aren't you now trying to prove him wrong with "another internet dabate[sic]"? If you look long enough into the abyss, eventually you'll fall in!
    He kept questining me about it thats why, and actually you always do you kind of are with me right now, and if I was trying to prove him wrong I would of brought up the points when I clearly could have, telling someone you are not going to get into it is far from proving someone wrong how can you not understand that? Your just reaching at this point.
  • Options
    Um, Xor... given that you've yet to actually argue a point in this thread, no one's listening.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

Um, Xor... given that you've yet to actually argue a point in this thread, no one's listening.

It wasnt meant for anyone else, anyways there are much more important things happening in the world right now to get over debates over filling ego voids.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Yup. Closing.

biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.