test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes - 9/22/2016

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
ZEN Store
  • Added Reprogrammed Spider Unit permanent sidekick. This comes with the Mechanon Spider back costume.

Misc
  • Wayland Talos will now use more than one attack. This should make him a little friendlier for melee characters to fight and will now actually put up a fight towards ranged characters.
  • Questionite Week is active and mobs have a chance of dropping 3, 4 and 5 Questionite Ore on defeat.
  • Fixed a bug where the Become Black Talon and Become Resistance Leader Limited items weren't actually temporary.

Anniversary Event
  • Added week 4 freebies to the Anniversary Host contact.
  • Added a daily mission for the Anniversary Destroid open mission to The Drifter.
  • Added Ultra Mega Bow Tie, Mechanon and Mechanon Spider Sleek costumes to the vendor.
  • Added Slime aura to the vendor.
  • Added Mechanon, Mechanon Spider and Liberated Destroids action figures to the vendor.

Anniversary Destroid Open Mission
  • Mechanon joins the fight!
  • Reduced the amount of health the Mega Destroids have to 4 million (from 5).
  • Increased the time limit to 30 minutes (from 20).
  • Increased the health, durability and damage output of the Champions to aid players.
  • Reduced the cap of the Mechanon Upgrade buff that Destroids can get to 25 (from 50)
  • Reduced the amount of health the Destroids get boosted by if Liberated.

This open mission can drop the following items as rewards:

Default:
  • 10 Anniversary Favor. This diminishes to 1 after 10 runs.
  • 3-5 Anniversary gifts
  • Experience

Common:
  • Questionite Box
  • Backup Defender Limited
  • Backup Ironclad Limited
  • Backup Sapphire Limited
  • Backup Witchcraft Limited
  • Backup Nighthawk Limited
  • Backup Kinetik Limited
  • Temporary Reprogrammed Spider Drone Henchman
  • Temporary Mechranium Drone Henchman
  • Become Resistance Leaderbot Limited
  • Become Black Talon Limited
  • Mechanon Spider Action Figure
  • Liberated Mega Destroid Action Figure
  • Madbot Head costume
  • Madbot Headphones costume

Rare (all items are Bind on Equip):
  • Anniversary Fenny Action Figure
  • Mechanon Action Figure
  • Ultra Mega Bow Tie costume
  • Mechanon Head costume
  • Mechanon Spider Sleek back costume
  • Slime Aura
  • Anniversary Sparkle aura
  • Anniversary Confetti aura
  • Soaked aura
  • Permanent Superballoon device
  • Permanent Waterballoon device
  • Permanent Taco device
  • Permanent Waterballoon Crate device
  • Permanent Self-Only Partybomb device
  • Backup Defender
  • Backup Ironclad
  • Backup Sapphire
  • Backup Witchcraft
  • Backup Nighthawk
  • Backup Kinetik

Comments

• Options
    jer#1883 jer Posts: 53 Arc User
    YES THE MOMENT I WAS WAITING FOR, I'm so excited for this week!!!​​
    I'm a raging whirlwind like the tornadoes I can make. WATCH OUT!!!
    Y9MfgKA.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hmm... I wonder if this will change the way the LibMega blue boom works? that was the attack that was one-shotting through block last year.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    Their pbaoe is %health based, and is unaffected by damage bonuses.
  • Options
    Oh good. That should make this a bit easier than last time.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    rerrotrerrot Posts: 80 Arc User
    Possible error in the vision of the "Mega Energy Wave" of the Mega-D and Mechanon... it's more big the AoE..... i think.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Cheers for adjusting Wayland Talos, much kinder on melee toons! Do you think you could also caption the fight, so that the first time WT fires his ranged attack, "Press and Hold to block Talos's attack!" comes up? The number of people who still manage to miss the entire concept of blocking is beyond belief, to this day....
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Added Ultra Mega Bow Tie, Mechanon and Mechanon Spider Sleek costumes to the vendor.

NOW THAT'S A GOOD COSTUME WHICH DESERVE TO COST 450 TOKENS

Defender's Junk can go suck it​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    rerrot said:

Possible error in the vision of the "Mega Energy Wave" of the Mega-D and Mechanon... it's more big the AoE..... i think.

The blue boom? Yeah, the fire frame need a bit of adjustment I think.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    rerrotrerrot Posts: 80 Arc User

rerrot said:

The blue boom? Yeah, the fire frame need a bit of adjustment I think.
    Yes. The blue boom.
  • Options
    nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    Friday September 23, 2016

9:12AM

276 players level 1 to 40 online.

44 participating in MegaD zone #2, finished with twelve minutes to spare, could not move the fight to zone #3,
    because it was full, while only one guy from zone #3 was apparently showing up at the fight and trying to rally help.

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Thank you for the unneeded census.
  • Options

Thank you for the unneeded census.

The other thread he was posting that in got locked.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    strongbeaustrongbeau Posts: 43 Arc User
    Still no return of the Pulson RF Pistol skins for Gadgeteer weapons.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Talos usually used the Thunderstrike and then Sparks, trouble is he used spark too much. He should have Lightning arc​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,592 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    "Fixed a bug where the Become Black Talon and Become Resistance Leader Limited items weren't actually temporary. "

No. The "bug" was that the icon was never supposed to have the clock in the first place. They were supposed to be permanent since the drops were pretty rare when they first came out. If they were meant to be temporary than they always would have stated such. Devs have confirmed this a few years back.​​
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    Question: Are the attacks of the Destroids and Mechanon meant to be able to completely ignore Personal Force Fields (or are they ignoring all defensive passives) or is this a bug? My PFF user is basically defenseless against them.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    You'll need to block, regardless of whatever passive you've got. At least one of the Mega-Destroid attacks is a %HP-if-not-blocked hit (this is to deter people griefing with Onslaught Villains, who can't block), and the damage for the remainder is pretty stiff for anyone. Apart from the "check yo build" brigade, but ignore them... ;)
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    chuckwolf said:

Question: Are the attacks of the Destroids and Mechanon meant to be able to completely ignore Personal Force Fields (or are they ignoring all defensive passives) or is this a bug? My PFF user is basically defenseless against them.

Destroids have been buffed to apply effects which naturally ignore or penetrate shielding, these are usually minor DoTs and debuffs which further increase their own damage.

Add to the fact that PFF has a natural ~5% bleedthrough, and you are going to possibly die before your shields drop (if you have good shield maint, despite PFF's numerous problems).

The Mega Destroid Destroyer Wave attacks are HP based so will completely ignore Personal Force Field by design, so you will need to block this to reduce the amount of HP damage you take. (No passive is safe or protects against this effect.)

So it is technically intended.
  • Options
    If you have Regeneration that can prevent the Boom from KOing you if you only take one hit. But this is by healing you faster than the DoT can remove your HP. Any decent heal ability can do the same.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User

chuckwolf said:

Destroids have been buffed to apply effects which naturally ignore or penetrate shielding, these are usually minor DoTs and debuffs which further increase their own damage.

Add to the fact that PFF has a natural ~5% bleedthrough, and you are going to possibly die before your shields drop (if you have good shield maint, despite PFF's numerous problems).

The Mega Destroid Destroyer Wave attacks are HP based so will completely ignore Personal Force Field by design, so you will need to block this to reduce the amount of HP damage you take. (No passive is safe or protects against this effect.)

So it is technically intended.
    No I mean PFF at full strength after the attack. health takes all damage. the 5% bleedthrough in negilible, my own natural healing rate + the 250 HP/3sec I get from Aurum set more than recovers that, I'm talking the big aoe.. but that was explained that it ignores all defense and is working as intended.

Someone mentioned it was to prevent people from using Onslaught villians during the event, but those would be counter productive since onslaught villains can't use any attack other than their energy builder unless they take a certain amount damage from players. They'd never hurt the destroids enough.
    @Powerblast in game
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    They go stand in the AoE of the players on the villain. That brings them to the point where they can use stuff (and sometimes grief, which is why the changes).
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that several of Medusa's better attacks can be used anyways.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Only Grond's attacks are based on damage he has taken.
    Medusa and Gravitar have other requirements.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    There are plenty of ways of building up energy with an OV before going and hunting players, but the point of the big boom attacks is generally to have an attack that is threatening but not overwhelming on all characters; if they were just doing 25k booms like previous year megas you wind up with the situation of squishies being annihilated through block while tanks are barely fazed.
  • Options

There are plenty of ways of building up energy with an OV before going and hunting players, but the point of the big boom attacks is generally to have an attack that is threatening but not overwhelming on all characters; if they were just doing 25k booms like previous year megas you wind up with the situation of squishies being annihilated through block while tanks are barely fazed.

Yeah, the LibMegas were terrible about that. You were best staying at the far limit of attack range and running as soon as you saw the BOOM tell. Blocking didn't help. It was too much damage.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    I like the invasion, but if I had one complaint it is that the destroid's AoE markers are faaaaaaaaaar from what they say they are. I can be in a different zip code out of the bubbles and cones and still get hit.