What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160914.0328b.5 - Power Changes/Anniversary Stuff

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Anniversary
  • Added Week4 Rewards
  • Reduced the health of the Mega Destroids to 4 million health (from 5).
  • Increased the time limit on the Destroid open mission to 25 minutes (from 20).
  • Added a daily mission for the Invasion on Drifter.
  • The Mechanon invasion is enabled on PTS
  • Added Mechanon Spider Sleek back costume to the store and OM droptable.
  • Added Mega Ultra Bow Tie to the store and OM droptable.

Misc
  • Added Mechanon Spider back costume to the debugger.
  • Archetype icons will no longer trail out of the selection box.
  • The limited versions of Become Black Talon and Resistance Leaderbot were not actually calling to temp items. This has been corrected and will affect existing items.

Power Changes
  • Fixed a bug where Bite and Infernal Blast's poison spread advantages didn't work for all poisons.

Star Barrage
  • Added rank fx.

Vala's Light
  • Reduced the charge time.
  • Increased cost for new charge time.

Hex of Suffering
  • Increased cooldown to 15 seconds (from 12)
  • Increased duration to 16 seconds (from 6).
  • Damage and cost adjusted for new duration.

Invocation of Storm Calling/Storm Summoner
  • Adjusted damage for activation time.
  • Distributed the cost more evenly.

Expulse
  • Moved knockback to an advantage.
  • Similar to Pillar of Poz, now leave behinds a healing rune.
  • This rune cannot be stacked with other runes.
  • Reduced damage slightly.
  • Recalculated its cost for its new effect.

Conduit
  • Changed the pulse time of this power to 0.5 seconds.
  • Fixed a bug where its cost was being calculated as if the power was a cone.
  • Recalculated its cost/damage for its new pulse time. The output should remain about the same.

-----------------------------------------------------
Please post mission related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206012/fc-31-20160729-8-qliphothic-warzone-mission-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post enemy group revamp related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1206011/fc-31-20160729-8-enemy-group-adjustments/p1?new=1

Please post zone related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1206014/fc-31-20160729-8-qliphothic-warzone-zone-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post Recognition related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206022/fc-31-20160729-8-recognition-stores-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post power changes related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206024/fc-31-20160729-8-power-changes-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post Anniversary Event related feedback here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206140/fc-31-20160811a-7-anniversary-event-feedback

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please format any suggestions you find in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.
[color="#ff0000"][b]Posts that do not specifically pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.[/b][/color]
-----------------------------------------------------​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 166 Arc User
    So "Expulse" no longer expels by default? Seems like it could use a name change. (FWIW, the "get away from me!" effect has been the main reason I've bought the power in the past. I'll definitely be devoting Advantage points to picking up that ability.)
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Suggestion: Make conduit chain automatically, have illuminate increase it's chance to crit [by like 5%] instead

Also nice changes to the event.. too bad outside of the new costume piece the rewards are not worth the effort [nuking the backups REALLY killed interest in it]
    Post edited by notyuu on
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Ran a level 40 Grimoire quickly through the test station to test drive new changes....

Vala's Light
    Reduced the charge time.
    Increased cost for new charge time.

Thank you for decreasing Vala's charge time. It's greatly improved the heal.. the cool down is much less of an issue as well.. because Vala's charges up so darned fast now. Granted this was on a Intelligence primary Grimoire. If the cool-down has to stay, a decreased charge time is an acceptable compromise in my book. Can definitely fire this off before the target goes kersplattt!

Hex of Suffering
    Increased cooldown to 15 seconds (from 12)
    Increased duration to 16 seconds (from 6).
    Damage and cost adjusted for new duration.

I was a little dubious about this - but after trying it, I'm not as concerned. I'll gladly trade a few seconds of cool-down for greatly increased duration.

I know you said no "Grimoire" talk -- but my Grimoire actually feels buffed and not nerfed. The new advantages and buffed up powers help a great deal. Skarn's being nerfed in DPS isn't ideal, but with some crit gear it can be compensated for. Overall my worries about the Grimoire getting shafted have pretty much diminished.

Thanks.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    I can't find the sleek mechanon spider legs in the anniversary store. if that's where they were supposed to be.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    The rune left behind by expulse is sorcery themed, would be nice if it was
    - Celestial themed
    - Worked well with flight.
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Bug:The heal advantage on star barrage STILL isn't working.
    Bug: if you get a critical strike with pillar of poz or expulse the healing from the rune crits every tick

Suggestion: Make the heal effect on poz [and expulse] stronger, but unable to crit.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    BUG: Live
    UNTIL vendor

Foxbat fans pin, black aces tights, robot cowboy tin star, undead bull skull helmet, sasquatch moose skull, fire demon head, bracer spikes, fire demon horns, fire demon ear horns, demon collar(chest cover one) are showing as available when I have them unlocked.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Conduit
    Changed the pulse time of this power to 0.5 seconds.
    YES YES YES!

Maybe that's an improvement for Celestial DPS (don't laugh, that's a thing)
    Vala's Light
    Reduced the charge time.

Hmmmm , i still find the CD a big disadvantage
    Hex of Suffering
    Increased cooldown to 15 seconds (from 12)
    Increased duration to 16 seconds (from 6).
    Damage and cost adjusted for new duration.

The increased duration balance the increased CD, that's a really good balance
    Added Mechanon Spider back costume to the debugger.

Neat costume! It's really Menacing​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I'm liking some of these changes.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Vala's Light

Reduced the charge time.

The compounded changes to Vala's light is beautiful. It feels really good to cast now that it goes off more quickly. The short cooldown to prevent it from being spammable is perfect. It's not overbearing, but it's also not something to scoff at. It also gives a reason to consider the Light Everlasting advantage more, since the power will have downtime that needs to be filled. I'll definitely be using this power much more on future Healer builds.

All in all, very nice. I'd say that this power is perfect where it is.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Expulse

Moved knockback to an advantage.
    Similar to Pillar of Poz, now leave behinds a healing rune.
    This rune cannot be stacked with other runes.
    Reduced damage slightly.
    Recalculated its cost for its new effect.

While I like the idea of leaving a point of healing on the ground, I feel that this power may be too close to Pillar of Poz's new functionality.

Suggestion: Instead of Expulse leaving behind a rune, allow it to perform an AoE Heal and grant it access to either the Light Everlasting Advantage and grant a HoT effect for affected allies or the Judgement Advantage (Ascension) to consume Illumination to apply additional healing/damage to relative targets.

--

Suggestion: Spellcaster's Enscrolled granting minor Melee Damage is out of place considering Sorcery does not innately have melee abilities. I would recommend that this Minor Melee Damage be changed into Minor Bonus Healing. It is much more beneficial to "Spellcasters" and similarly more fitting in this way.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I think differently themed powers with similar effects is fine. But then it would really be different themes, placing a sorcery themed rune makes expulse very similar to poz. But a nice celestial themed ground effect heal would be great.

Another thing to consider is that a lower cooldown (expulse compared to poz) is not overly useful since you can only have one rune active. But expulse needing almost twice as much time to cast as poz is a big disadvantage.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Given the 'expulse' effect, I would consider making it a repel (knockback as advantage) and it leaves behind a rune that repels foes and increases damage resistance of allies (i.e. it's expelling attacks).
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    The limited versions of Become Black Talon and Resistance Leaderbot were not actually calling to temp items. This has been corrected and will affect existing items.

Actually these were previously stated that the icons were wrong and that they were never supposed to be limited and are working as intended despite the icons. They are legitimately supposed to be permanent versions. Trailturtle himself has been asked officially about this. This has been stated by the dev team for years.

Limit new drops if you must, but don't retroactively change older items.​​
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    The change to Expulse makes no sense. No need to have two powers doing the same thing, and the last thing the poor old Radiant AT needs is a damage reduction, even if it is small.
This discussion has been closed.