test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does anyone have xpadder and can I see your layout?

Im having a hek of a time with the layout, my biggest issue with default controller is you cannot spam your pet ability, and remembering the device keys exactly. Anyways any help would greatly appreciated thanks all!

Comments

• chuckwolfchuckwolf Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Why use xpadder... the game supports both direct input and x-box type controllers natively.
    As far a device buttons go.. just use custom binds, for example I have mine set to D-pad up+ a,b, x. y and RShoulder button. But whatever is easiest combo for you works.
    @Powerblast in game
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    You cant set custom binds without a program like xpadder as far as I know, what are you talking about?

You cant set custom binds without a program like xpadder as far as I know, what are you talking about?

With X-box and direct input controllers the game has it's own button layout you just need to turn controllers on in the settings it even changes the lables in the tray to A, B, X,Y etc to show you where everything is. And you can bind a function to a certain button or 2 button combo by typing /bind (button) {command} . There are entire guides in the archives about it.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited September 2016
    chuckwolf said:

With X-box and direct input controllers the game has it's own button layout you just need to turn controllers on in the settings it even changes the lables in the tray to A, B, X,Y etc to show you where everything is. And you can bind a function to a certain button or 2 button combo by typing /bind (button) {command} . There are entire guides in the archives about it.
    Well im not sure about devices though since they are linked to pad left a and etc.

I didnt know you could though thank you! Also I didnt see any archives.
    Post edited by xoriandruid on
    Devices are easy to change from default, I used D-Pad up + a, b, x,y and R Shoulder Button for the 5 devices, I also set it so my start button is the "F" key, Select opens my mission tray etc. just takes learning the button name assignments and the Keybind commands which are highlighted when you hover over a command on the keybinds page. But champions is simple most of the default c buttons are preprogrammed and work fine.. you should see my custom 2 sets of binds for STO.
    @Powerblast in game
    edited September 2016
    Ok you keep talking about how you change the keys but your not saying how, all your doing is say how easy it is. If your talking about hitting a button to change it in the keybindinds options that does not work on a controller. You cannot do it that way.
    No you use command line binds.

For example if you are on the keybinds page in options and hover your mouse over Interact (Nearest) it says "use manually with /InteractWindow") this means you can set a button , the start button for example to act as the F key by typing /bind Start InteractWindow into the chat box in game but this is only if you want to change it from the default which is using both the left and right trigger buttons together.

In fact here's a page with the default layout for the x-box controller: http://www.theburialgrounds.com/Articles/Champions_Online_Xbox_Controls.shtml
    @Powerblast in game
    Oh I must not have seen that option in keybinds thank you! Yea im very aware of the website ive used it, but if you actually read my comments there are no keys for pets and the device ones are annoying to remember.
    You can program pet commands through the binding method I mentioned... as far as devices, that's why I modified mine to differnt button combos. I don't use pets other than the occasional sidekick. But I suppose you could bind the Commands using /Bind d-pad left+[button] {petcommand} Where the button is A, B, X, and Y and the commands are the manual input ones.

Just because there are no default buttons for a command on the controller doesn't mean you can't program them, you'd have to do the same thing if you used Xpadder for pet control. along with remembering what buttons they had programmed.

Oh if you continue to use a controller I will give you the BEST change you can do when using one... In settings go to the keybinds page Under Movement Click the empty spot in the second column next to "Look left" and then move your Left Joystick to the left, then do the same with Look Right and moving the Left stick to the right. This will change it so the camera rotates with that stick instead of strafing making movement Easier with one stick. You can set the right stick to Strafe (if you desire) through the same method.

This one will work as I tested it out on my own controller.
    @Powerblast in game
    chuckwolf said:

You can program pet commands through the binding method I mentioned... as far as devices, that's why I modified mine to differnt button combos. I don't use pets other than the occasional sidekick. But I suppose you could bind the Commands using /Bind d-pad left+[button] {petcommand} Where the button is A, B, X, and Y and the commands are the manual input ones.

Just because there are no default buttons for a command on the controller doesn't mean you can't program them, you'd have to do the same thing if you used Xpadder for pet control. along with remembering what buttons they had programmed.

Oh if you continue to use a controller I will give you the BEST change you can do when using one... In settings go to the keybinds page Under Movement Click the empty spot in the second column next to "Look left" and then move your Left Joystick to the left, then do the same with Look Right and moving the Left stick to the right. This will change it so the camera rotates with that stick instead of strafing making movement Easier with one stick. You can set the right stick to Strafe (if you desire) through the same method.

This one will work as I tested it out on my own controller.

You rock man thank you!