test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cosmic Level Millennium City

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
Since the Devs are, at least in part, reusing resources to create new high end gcr content maybe they could next focus on a level 35+ version of MC. This would include high end threats (some new villains) along with old favorites that wouldn't interfere with low end leveling. Most heroes do spend most of their time in urban environments, not out in the boonies, so creating high end content using the existing city might be a good way to create a "new" zone on the cheap. Maybe the threats/missions could also involve actually saving civilians. An added benefit is that it would allow all those 40s with nothing better to do to continue to hang out with Defender :).

This might also allow a retooling of the OV system. The current PvP set up doesn't work all that well. Maybe in a new zone a wandering major AI villain could appear at some likely target (e.g. a bank) and be marked on the map by a red circle so that heroes can find it easily. Maybe even put them on a timer so players could plan ahead a little.

To me this seems like something that could be a win all around. New content in an environment typical to the genre that could be relatively cheap to develop.
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    But I LIKE stomping on people!!! ;-;
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    So, major villains skipping and hopping around the city causing mayhem and unopposed, and who then decide to wander into a mass of heroes to die reflects some comic book experience? I'm sure the devs can do better if they are willing to revisit it.

But that's really a side aspect to a new city-based zone for cosmics.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Why not just use the outskirt or part of MC that is across the river?
  • Options
    Once upon a time I remember someone saying that the limits of the map had been effectively reached. Could be wrong. In any event, if they just used the existing cityscape for a new zone the villains could be anywhere that makes sense.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options

So, major villains skipping and hopping around the city causing mayhem and unopposed, and who then decide to wander into a mass of heroes to die reflects some comic book experience? I'm sure the devs can do better if they are willing to revisit it.

But that's really a side aspect to a new city-based zone for cosmics.

who said it was supposed to reflect something? It's FUN!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I do think a positive of the current OV system is that while it didn't produce the kind of community interaction it was intended to, it still did produce some amount of community interaction. People bouncing over to Rencen to give away GTs, and occasionally actually fighting the people they're giving the GT to before turret diving is sort of a social ritual we have now, and one that makes people appreciate each other a bit more.

As for a Cosmic M-City zone, that'd be great. I think even better would be to repurpose the Lemurian Invasion map and make a new zone out of it ( which apparently was something that was originally supposed to be part of the LI arc ). Could be neat.
  • Options
    I was suggesting MC partly in the hopes they would introduce some of the other villains from the Champions universe, or some of those we currently see only in 1-2 missions. Could also open some possibilities for some higher level Nemesis interactions. Maybe even a few new player created villains. Basically I'd just like some high end missions that take place in a city and I don't see them creating an entirely new city zone for that.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

I was suggesting MC partly in the hopes they would introduce some of the other villains from the Champions universe, or some of those we currently see only in 1-2 missions. Could also open some possibilities for some higher level Nemesis interactions. Maybe even a few new player created villains. Basically I'd just like some high end missions that take place in a city and I don't see them creating an entirely new city zone for that.

I would prefer MC. I've seen enough of Lem via the LI rampage. :p
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I think a special instance of MC (with a few modifications) would work for a high level alien invasion. There and back again to the tutorial. :)
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    Having a high level instance where you have to mow down lots of minions before they overwhelm you (alien swarm invasion), instead of a single large bad guy, would be a nice change of pace. The instance could be limited to a magnificent 7 heroes :wink:
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    You pretty much describe the Lemurian Invasion.
  • Options
    Lemurian Invasion map repurpose doesn't have to have Lemurians on it. In fact I would prefer it not to.... I don't really like lizard people, they're lazy and they smell bad.
  • Options
    There already lizard people on the east side of MC, though. From that quest "War on Peace".
  • Options
    I'd put aliens on it. Maybe Gadroon. A nice alien invasion would be cool, I always thought the one in the tutorial was neat. Would also be an opportunity to have something non-magical to punt around. Lizards like their magic.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    They seem to be more intend on obtaining Canada since there is like a full invasion there, while the one in MC are just camouflaging the northern part of MC. I'm surprise there isn't a Cosmic level space ship there that has the power to nuke their own planet over at Canada.
  • Options
    For my money a new invasion of MC should be the Ro'inesh so that there can be a tie in to White Out. That was left up in the air. Possibly the space station could also be tied into an invasion in someway.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    You mean turn it in to a orbital death beam (or similar) and heroes have to regain control of it? That might be a little too much like Mechanon, but they do need to get some more mileage out of the place.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User

For my money a new invasion of MC should be the Ro'inesh so that there can be a tie in to White Out. That was left up in the air. Possibly the space station could also be tied into an invasion in someway.

Yus! For the love of God please devs do something more with the space station. It's such a cool asset that could make a great mission or social hub if we had more reasons to interact with it! Puh-lease!
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    They might have to de-bug the transporter first. We had endless problems with getting teams onto Gateway for the Mechanon finale - sharing the mission didn't seem to give permission to use the transport, which is a bit of a problem. But, yes, Gateway and the Moonbase hideout give a great possible direction for an event - a Jack Kirby/Gerry Anderson cross-over, which would be brilliant.
  • Options
    Yeah, I really wish we'd see the Ro'inesh again, they were in interesting change of pace.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    roin'esh or gadroon would work for me...though i'd favor gadroon more than roin'esh, mainly for wanting to know more about this empress-who-isn't-even-gadroon of theirs​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Pretty sure that the empress is Dimensia the First :)
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    I would love new missions in MC... It is my favorite zone... If it at missions from level 27-40 We would never need to leave the city. I think the West Side villains need to rise agina since someone, HI-Pan killed their leaders, they could each have a new one that helped them become stronger... Also can make some new villain groups.
    Maybe the Demons can unleash a Devil type villain, Dr. Destroyer can attack once agina.... As long as I can play by my self and do all the missions alone.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    cornivic wrote: »
    I would love new missions in MC... It is my favorite zone... If it at missions from level 27-40 We would never need to leave the city. I think the West Side villains need to rise agina since someone, HI-Pan killed their leaders, they could each have a new one that helped them become stronger... Also can make some new villain groups.
    Maybe the Demons can unleash a Devil type villain, Dr. Destroyer can attack once agina.... As long as I can play by my self and do all the missions alone.

and that is a good reason not to

also D.E.M.O.N. and demons don't get on. I know it sounds silly but read up on them.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    It might be too much if heroes never left the city, but, truth be told, if you are Spiderman (not Kazar) you do spend 95% of your time in your home city. It would be nice if players who imagined their characters as being primarily urban based had more high end leveling options for them.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    chaelk said:

cornivic said:

and that is a good reason not to
    also D.E.M.O.N. and demons don't get on. I know it sounds silly but read up on them.​​
    Magic turf wars? Kinda like how the various gangs hate each other?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    I like this.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.