test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can Radient Archetype reach the level of CC needed to help with cosmics?

iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
Basically, my friends attempts at CCing at cosmics didn't work because it turns out CC durations are nearly halved on higher level villains. But I want to see if the build he has could, under any circumstances, reach high enough CC durations.

He can't justify spending g on something that might not work, but that can be bypassed if someone already knows about this type of stuff.

Radiant AT (level 40)
Both ranks of Dominion spec
Both ranks of Torment spec
Heroic Gloves (not Growth) with two R7 PRE mods
Heroic Breastplate with two R7 PRE mods
Legion Helmet of Speed with 2 R7 PRE mods and 2 R7 Sentinel Brooches
Any 3 SCR secondaries that each give +20 to PRE
Any talents that give a total of +15 to PRE

What is the rough duration and cooldown of Psionic Accelerator device with this set up?

How much better would this build and gear be?;

Radiant AT (level 40)
Both ranks of Dominion spec
Both ranks of Torment spec
Legion Gloves of Growth with 2 R7 PRE mods and 2 R7 Growth Amulets
Heroic Breastplate with 2 R7 PRE mods
Legion Helmet of Speed with 2 R7 PRE mods and 2 R7 Sentinel Brooches
Any 3 scr secondaries that each give 37 to PRE
Take following Talents: Diplomatic, Showmanship, Shrug it Off, Intimidating, Finesse, Impressive Physique

And again, now what would be the rough duration and cooldown of Psionic Accelerator?

I'm sure someone out there either has done this or attempted too.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Easiest way to do this is to have either of you use the PTS, as you can get lvl 40s w/ most of the gear/mods out there pretty easily for testing purposes.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 970 Arc User
    I did a mind AT for cosmic CCing
    good enough, just PRE, and merc
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    flowcyto said:

Easiest way to do this is to have either of you use the PTS, as you can get lvl 40s w/ most of the gear/mods out there pretty easily for testing purposes.

I understand that, my friend is silver and can't access the PTS, and I was hoping to just get the feedack neccesary to know without doing all that work for a character I won't be playing, as I make and play freeforms.

Why not if the work has been done already, which it seems to me is highly likely?
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I extensively tested the Radiant AT for cosmic monsters during the initial launch. Here is my two cents of advice.

Gradi is basically correct. Your Radiant can't pull off CC'ng the Kiga's Hounds. You need ego sleep or a long lasting AOE hold. Vengeance isn't good enough for that, even with tons of PRE. As far as I understand it, holding the hounds is all about ego sleeping them with a second hold (Mental Storm?) to fill in the gaps.

IMHO - your best function as a Radiant is rezzing and healing. Very useful talents to have during that content. The good thing about a Radiant is that you can slack off on PRE in exchange for CON. This is thanks to Seraphim.

If you really want to try it --- I'd suggest these specs and the best gear you can get your hands on.

Presence: Repurpose (2/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Dominion (2/2)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Sentry: Precise (2/3)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (2/3)
    Sentry: Stalling Tactics (3/3)
    Sentry: Persevere (1/2)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (2/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (2/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Mastery: Sentry Mastery (1/1)

You might be able use the Psionic Accelerator device plus Vengeance. Again, that's a lot of speculation. I really wouldn't invest in trying this without having it tested on PTS first. You could end up wasting a lot of resources on something that doesn't work well.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!