test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get your character drawn in a community group picture! NOW!

Comments

• cbncbn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Keep that Kitty far from me!

You know you love the kitty. =^.^=
  • cbncbn Posts: 20 Arc User

mechakitty looks aweomse! ... *squee!*

*squee!*, indeed. =^.^=
  • siphak#6884 siphak Posts: 5 Arc User
    Do you also want the character files for characters you've already drawn, for when it's time to color or double check the details?

On that note, what's the best way to share a costume file anyway? A lot of image sharing sites like imgur change the file names and I've been lead to believe that's kind of important.
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Colors shouldn't be an issue, so I don't need the costume files for stuff I've already finished. I usually just pick the colors right off of screenshots, then adjust if they look muddy.

I'm not sure what's a good site to host on. A DropBox link should be fine, or email it to the address that the payment was sent to (I don't wanna post it because of spammyspams).
    biffsig.jpg
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    added a costume file...you'll have to rename it somehow to load on CO but surely you've figured that out by now...hope it helps!

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I've changed FF's powers, he has now Giant Growth. He is aboot 224feet tall.
    /jk
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Let's just say he is that tall but you are really wayyyyyyy in the back.
  • lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    Looks like its coming along pretty well. I think you have enough views of the griffons to not need a costume file. (Dropbox hates me)
  • saburfangsaburfang Posts: 121 Arc User
    Is this still being worked on? o.o
    Yes! But kinda slowly at the moment. I have a bunch of characters drawn up and I have to ink them, but work has been getting in the way recently. I will try to post an update soon!
    biffsig.jpg
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Kudos to you smacky, a huge undertaking!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Ah okay. Keep up the awesome work! :D
  • pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Good to hear, I was wondering if you were OK as well seeing as its been three weeks with no posts on progress. Glad it was just real life over something, well... serious. Because that would suck.

You may want to excise the part about 'nightly updates', however, from your original post. :wink:

Nah the pitchforks motivate me. :D

Really that was all under the assumption that we would barely reach 30 participants. I had no idea it would boil over like it did!
    biffsig.jpg
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    I have much patience. :D
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
    Hey Biff, got ONE LAST TINY change on Geek I would like changed....

...its his feet. I'm having him wear boots to compliment the feet accessory

...that and I thought it was suddenly weird he's barefoot lol

http://imgur.com/IUHJSGM
  • there is nothing weird about going barefoot...especially on a reptile and especially when half the heroes i see in rencen are barefoot too​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited September 2016
    It just seemed a little weird to me since he's practically covered in armor plating that his feet are just... sticking out with nothing covering them ^^;;

I do have one barefoot wolf toon though, its more fitting for him.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    As far as aesthetics go, most of my anthro characters go barefoot. It seems like a common conceit in most anthropomorphic creatures. I know Dragonborn in D&D, as well as the Trandoshan of Star Wars fame are nearly always barefoot.

I kind of wish we had some more foot accessories to chose from to accommodate these choices.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    As far as aesthetics go, most of my anthro characters go barefoot. It seems like a common conceit in most anthropomorphic creatures. I know Dragonborn in D&D, as well as the Trandoshan of Star Wars fame are nearly always barefoot.

I kind of wish we had some more foot accessories to chose from to accommodate these choices.
    Dunno about Dragonborn, but have you seen Trandoshan feet? They'd need boots made of duraluminum!​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    jonsills said:

Dunno about Dragonborn, but have you seen Trandoshan feet? They'd need boots made of duraluminum!​​

Well you know what they say about reptiles with big feet....they eat people :D
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    We're still gonna get there. :)

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
    Hi guys, just wanted to pop in and let you all know that my schedule has loosened a bit, so I'll be able to work on this again sooner than I thought. I hope to have a nice update this weekend, hopefully before but don't hold your breath. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Hey guys, gonna delay the update for a day. I did get some new stuff done, but the file has gotten so large that it takes forever to load and save. So I'm taking risks by saving less, and Photoshop tends to crash a bunch because my scratch disk is on a drive that likes to go to sleep a bunch. So I'm going to have to restructure the whole thing, like split up the characters into separate files and such, or make a better use of smart objects, though I'm not sure that'll help or not. So yeah! this doesn't mean too much on your end of the deal, since the picture will be the same, but the sooner I get this sorted out, the quicker I'll be able to get updates out. So stay tuned!
    biffsig.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    splitting up each character into its own separate file is actually a good idea, in case anyone wants to use the finished image for their character's PRIMUS profile (assuming they have one)​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Well I'm planning on doing that anyway - I want to give everyone a full independent shot of their characters, but it's basically computer limitations that are making me have to break the whole thing down. It sucks! I spent much of the day banging my head against a wall.
    biffsig.jpg
  • calamitycaincalamitycain Posts: 4 Arc User
    Sounds rough Smackwell, but we're behind ya. It's a huge undertaking and it's bound to have some roadblocks. Looking forward to your next update!
    [center][img overlay=true]http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx205/CalamityCain/CalamityCainRound_zpsj7tuoxhr.png[/img][/center]

[center]Check out the Calamity Cain Cast of Characters here on [url=http://primusdatabase.com/index.php?title=User:CalamityCain]PRIMUS Database[/url]![/center]
    Alrighty! I finally got the file issue figured out, and now I can save the file without having to wait ten minutes (literally... how crap is that?), so we gots ourselves an update. It's a little ugly, because the rest of the picture ain't there, but I'll fix that for future updates. I gotta just grab a composite from the main image but it takes a hell of a long time to load that image so I figured, skip all that today and get you guys an update.

Today's heroes are (dangit, starting with a villain) Brutum, Angela Gabriel, Viro, Deathwish, Owl Woman, and the Harrier King!

Welcome them or I'll turn this car around!!!
    biffsig.jpg
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Welcome, Brutum, Angela Gabriel, Viro, Deathwish, Owl Woman, and the Harrier King! Welcome TO YOUR DOOOOOOM!​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• you know, if you replaced the current background with one of the gap between Mods and Fusion & Club Caprice, this could totally be a gathering for destroid invasion​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Oh wow, Deathwish looks Amazing! So much detail, you can even see the wrinkles in his pants :)
  • oldkinghobooldkinghobo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Looks pretty sweet. I normally say Brutum has his mini-guns pointing downwards and connected to his 'backpack' but I don't really mind just leaving it like that since it looks pretty wicked and your pressed for time. I'll just consider it your own little rendition unless you really wanna change it.
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    Hi Smacky,
    This is getting more epic every time! :D
    Tonight I come bearing a message!

That is a beautiful picture Smack made. Tell him I am honored and grateful that he put me on it. Sure does look neat. :) --Old Glory VII@CaPTMoONLiGhT

xparibax said:

Hi Smacky,
    This is getting more epic every time! :D
    Tonight I come bearing a message!

That is a beautiful picture Smack made. Tell him I am honored and grateful that he put me on it. Sure does look neat. :) --Old Glory VII@CaPTMoONLiGhT

THAT'S GREAT NEWS!!!
  • thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
    Here are the changes Smack, thanks for your help!
    imgur.com/a/YsZO9
    imgur.com/a/L8hrp

Looks pretty sweet. I normally say Brutum has his mini-guns pointing downwards and connected to his 'backpack' but I don't really mind just leaving it like that since it looks pretty wicked and your pressed for time. I'll just consider it your own little rendition unless you really wanna change it.

I can change them up a bit. I'm gonna leave it for a bit later, since I wanna get new characters in, but remind me if I don't change it within the next few updates!

Anyhoo, I put up another update finally! This might be the last one for October, but come November I'm going to have more time to work on it, and I'm planning on having it done before December. New in this picture are the diminutive Atomac and Particle Man all the way on the bottom left, as well as Lightning Bolt and Griff Duskfeather up top!

You'll notice I've started putting some ground-based characters kinda floating up above some people (like Viro and Lightning Bolt on the upper right). While it looks silly now, I'm planning on having several tiers for the characters to stand on once I get the background in, so it won't look goofy with floating characters.

Also, I'm thinking about opening up some more spots for more characters, because I kinda really need the money right now. What do you guys think? Would it be okay with you all? It'll make the poster take a bit longer to finish, but I'll have a lot more time to work on it starting November. Let me know your thoughts on this! Thanks!
    biffsig.jpg
    Whatever you want to do.

You could always start a new one as well. Make a second thread and such.
  • you could always make a winter-themed secondary one for those with frost-based and christmas-y characters; hell, if that one gets finished quickly enough, people could even use the resulting image in christmas cards!​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Posts: 102 Arc User

I can change them up a bit. I'm gonna leave it for a bit later, since I wanna get new characters in, but remind me if I don't change it within the next few updates!

Anyhoo, I put up another update finally! This might be the last one for October, but come November I'm going to have more time to work on it, and I'm planning on having it done before December. New in this picture are the diminutive Atomac and Particle Man all the way on the bottom left, as well as Lightning Bolt and Griff Duskfeather up top!

You'll notice I've started putting some ground-based characters kinda floating up above some people (like Viro and Lightning Bolt on the upper right). While it looks silly now, I'm planning on having several tiers for the characters to stand on once I get the background in, so it won't look goofy with floating characters.

Also, I'm thinking about opening up some more spots for more characters, because I kinda really need the money right now. What do you guys think? Would it be okay with you all? It'll make the poster take a bit longer to finish, but I'll have a lot more time to work on it starting November. Let me know your thoughts on this! Thanks!

you could always make a winter-themed secondary one for those with frost-based and christmas-y characters; hell, if that one gets finished quickly enough, people could even use the resulting image in christmas cards!​​

I like both ideas, actually. I do have a few other characters that i think would look good on picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I would vote with taking commissions now for a new piece and allowing those 70 some players who put in commissions in July to get their piece finished as it stands now. Who knows you might have ppl ask to be in both...

I would vote with taking commissions now for a new piece and allowing those 70 some players who put in commissions in July to get their piece finished as it stands now. Who knows you might have ppl ask to be in both...

I agree with da Sparrowhawk.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Yeah I figgered that would be the case. Alrighty!

For those that want one for Christmas, it might have to be capped at a pretty low number in order to have it done before the end of December, but we'll see how the first one goes. :p
    biffsig.jpg
    edited October 2016
    I wouldn't worry about the second one being finished for Christmas, Biff. If you were to do another one like this one immediately after finishing this one then I, personally, would get at least 2 more of my characters involved.

And I bet you would be flooded with folks wanting to get in on it, those who missed out on it the first time and those who love what you're doing and want a second shot.

I'm pretty sure you could easily surpass the amount you did this time.

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    I would love to have a few more of my toons drawn in your awesome style Mr. Biff :)
  • dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Updated the costume and sheet.

http://imgur.com/a/IC66W

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • tazytazy Posts: 84 Arc User
    Love the idea of opening it up. Honestly Biff, I was set on seeing about commissioning you for Exi's fellow grounded brother after this was done, as I was so pleased with your style. But thats a much more complex char with lots of extra detail Champs alone cant supply.

Looking great though, as always. I am a bit disposed, not able to get internet and moving around alot at the moment, but i do try to check in here when I have the oppertunity.
    edited November 2016
    So we are closing in on mid November, how are things shaping up and if you are still on course for an end of the month wrap up? Been a few weeks of silence, just curious so I thought I'd resurrect this thread to the top. :)

Heya! Just a few days ago I was finally able to get started working on the poster again. I'm gonna try to still hit the end of November line, but I might not make it (sooo many detailed and intricate costumes!), but yeah I'll post up a new update soon!
    biffsig.jpg