test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160729.8 - Qliphothic Warzone: Zone Feedback

Comments

• highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    It's coming together nicely. I don't actually think that there are nearly enough mobs still, and I don't think they are agressive enough. Those nightmare colossi don't attack you unless you attack them, which makes them less scary really, also no flying stuff.

The chaotic imps are perfect, I love them. They blend in with the environment and they just jump at you from nowhere and stuff, it's very fitting. I wish they had a wider aggro range.

But we need more of everything everywhere, we really do. The big road that trails all over the map has almost nothing at all on or around it and sometimes you can just run past hostile groups and they won't attack you. It's too safe everywhere. Well I'm just going broken record but you got my idea. It feels too "eh" because there's too much empty space.

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Bug:
    The "Threshold Confidential" missions can't be completed. When trying to complete it, it tells me:
    Unable to resolve mission "Threshold Confidential".
    Inventory full.

Suggestion:
    -Unstable Brutes are immune to fall damage but not to knocks. Please change one of those.
    -The snares from the Chaotic Imps and elder worms stacks to 6 (making keeping you at walk speed) and last 26. That is a bit to much, please stop the stacking or lower the duration.
    -Follower (elder worm) flight is immune to NTTG effects, this is very annoying for melee builds with knocks. Please remove the immunity.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    Bug: Outside the gate and into the Zone Proper even when there are no enemies around you are still flagged as in Combat and thus your Out of Combat regen doesn't kick in. I noticed it after I defeated the two groups that were charging the main gate and started moving down the path again. My HP was still at the "They just kicked my $%$, but you should see them" level when I ran into the next mob and well you can predict what happened next.
    The Elderworms groups with the Substatiator feel a bit overtuned. The Substatiator summons 4 mindworms so you want to kill him first. But there is also a healer so you want to kill that one first, but there is also a AoRP buffer so you want to kill that one first. It's all quite possible to overpower, but I think it defeats the purpose of having a buffer and healer NPC a bit.

Suggestion:
    Add info text to the specialized buffer/healer NPCs telling what they actually do.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    aiqa said:

The Elderworms groups with the Substatiator feel a bit overtuned. The Substatiator summons 4 mindworms so you want to kill him first. But there is also a healer so you want to kill that one first, but there is also a AoRP buffer so you want to kill that one first. It's all quite possible to overpower, but I think it defeats the purpose of having a buffer and healer NPC a bit.

Remember that the mindworms can't move - a good strategy is to simply move away from them. I did this on my melee character as well. I think the mindworms should remain a substantial threat to encourage player movement in this way as it adds a powerful dimension to these encounters that much of the game lacks.
    edited August 2016
    spinnytop said:

aiqa said:

Remember that the mindworms can't move - a good strategy is to simply move away from them. I did this on my melee character as well. I think the mindworms should remain a substantial threat to encourage player movement in this way as it adds a powerful dimension to these encounters that much of the game lacks.
    Like we've seen with the cosmics (and any other content), encouraging players to do some specific thing will only work if you make it a very strict requirement or easily accessible. What the elder worms will probably do for most players, is push them to play builds or go in teams that can overpower all the mechanics. For the intended strategies of "kill healer and support first to make the fight easier" those need to be made easier accessible then ignoring them and overpowering things.

Fights where you need to run away could be a nice variation, but I don't think the elder worm fights are a good place to add that. THe Destroids and Karkaradons need some buffs and interresting mechanics, those could having something added that you need to move away from.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    My most successful character with the new zone has been my "hit-and-run" style night-warrior build. Take out the toughest threat, aggro wipe, stealth back in take out the trash. I think variations on that theme is what we'll see.. as the Q-zone almost forces that type playstyle.

It's vital to take out buffers first. So we'll get people building massive alpha strike builds and maybe actually taking and using the various threat wipes.

I will say this.. the mobs are challenging on even a full Justice Geared toon. I tested everything from Merc -- Heroics - Jgear.

The zone is doable on Merc (I didn't say easy, I said doable).. but is a very hard challenge. I'm OK with that. But I do think the Zone needs some type of warning to come up when a player firsts enters. Just so newbies understand that most of the content is best handled on a team and taking out buffers in groups is important.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I found a hidden until artillery base. When you arrive, it immediately gets attacked by horrors, who slaughter the poor defenders. While it does add some dynamism, I question UNTIL's logic putting it there...
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User

I found a hidden until artillery base. When you arrive, it immediately gets attacked by horrors, who slaughter the poor defenders. While it does add some dynamism, I question UNTIL's logic putting it there...

I believe that is part of the Resupply mission where you go to a few artilliary bases and resupply them with ammo. The defenders and attackers repawn quickly, which adds a nice challenge when doing that mission. Perhaps that is an extra one that players can find if more than one group is doing that mission. What I dont understand is the placement of the two manned/defended rocket launchers inside of the base that have nothing to shoot at.

As others have said before me, the Warzone looks better but it could use more wandering air/ground enemies. The Colossi are a nice touch, but they look like they are trying to sneak around (they move slowly and look like they are crouch walking) and they do not aggro easily. In my opinion, the Colossi should be attacking the base at random along with the horrors.

I am surprised that Damoiselle Nocturne isn't a part of this storyline; if it weren't for those meddling heroes, her beloved Luther Black would be a King of Edom by now, instead of being tortured by the Avatars and finally destroyed by her own hands at his request. She should have a deep, burning desire to foil the efforts of the heroes; to see them suffer as her own Luther Black suffered should be her ultimate vengence. Her demons and human followers should be roaming in groups, looking for heroes to defeat. In fact, Damoiselle Nocturne should be in the Shadow Citadel, ready to torture heroes with nightmares. It would be a great addition to the warzone if, instead of going back to the base when you are defeated all the time, you have a 50% chance of ending up as a *guest* inside the Shadow Citadel, courtesy of Damoiselle Nocturne who summons your Nemesis to defeat you. The only way to leave would be to defeat your nightmare.

Personally and selfishly, I would like the Q-Warzone to feel similar to the Rikti Warzone from COH. :)
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    kyastral said:

I believe that is part of the Resupply mission where you go to a few artilliary bases and resupply them with ammo. The defenders and attackers repawn quickly, which adds a nice challenge when doing that mission. Perhaps that is an extra one that players can find if more than one group is doing that mission. What I dont understand is the placement of the two manned/defended rocket launchers inside of the base that have nothing to shoot at.

As others have said before me, the Warzone looks better but it could use more wandering air/ground enemies. The Colossi are a nice touch, but they look like they are trying to sneak around (they move slowly and look like they are crouch walking) and they do not aggro easily. In my opinion, the Colossi should be attacking the base at random along with the horrors.

I am surprised that Damoiselle Nocturne isn't a part of this storyline; if it weren't for those meddling heroes, her beloved Luther Black would be a King of Edom by now, instead of being tortured by the Avatars and finally destroyed by her own hands at his request. She should have a deep, burning desire to foil the efforts of the heroes; to see them suffer as her own Luther Black suffered should be her ultimate vengence. Her demons and human followers should be roaming in groups, looking for heroes to defeat. In fact, Damoiselle Nocturne should be in the Shadow Citadel, ready to torture heroes with nightmares. It would be a great addition to the warzone if, instead of going back to the base when you are defeated all the time, you have a 50% chance of ending up as a *guest* inside the Shadow Citadel, courtesy of Damoiselle Nocturne who summons your Nemesis to defeat you. The only way to leave would be to defeat your nightmare.

Personally and selfishly, I would like the Q-Warzone to feel similar to the Rikti Warzone from COH. :)
    It is getting there as the Q Warzone has the potential to be even better than the RWZ from CoX.

If it continues to be tweaked and improved upon I am super excited about this zone!

Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

edited August 2016
    aiqa said:

Like we've seen with the cosmics (and any other content), encouraging players to do some specific thing will only work if you make it a very strict requirement or easily accessible. What the elder worms will probably do for most players, is push them to play builds or go in teams that can overpower all the mechanics. For the intended strategies of "kill healer and support first to make the fight easier" those need to be made easier accessible then ignoring them and overpowering things.

Fights where you need to run away could be a nice variation, but I don't think the elder worm fights are a good place to add that. THe Destroids and Karkaradons need some buffs and interresting mechanics, those could having something added that you need to move away from.

I think it's okay for the fights to have some complexity to them. Avoiding the worms while trying to take out specific targets is a good mix of mechanics that keeps the fights interesting and dynamic. I do agree that the destroids and karkaradons could also use something interesting like that, but after the recent changes they are in a much better place than before already.

If players want to build to be so tough that the worms don't bother them then that's fine, and I believe there are some players that already qualify for that. I don't believe that nerfing the worms so that everyone by default is so tough that the worms don't bother them is a good idea. If anything, the standards of the worm mobs is what all the other groups should be balanced to - I can still solo them on a variety of characters, which means they will fulfill that 2 man team suggestion quite nicely for most people.
    kyastral said:

I am surprised that Damoiselle Nocturne isn't a part of this storyline;

I don't think we're done with this whole nightmare invasion storyline yet.
    edited August 2016
    spinnytop said:

I think it's okay for the fights to have some complexity to them.

Complexity and difficulty is nice to have, but when it get to the point it's easier to just overpower things than follow strategies it misses its mark. And the elderworms in my opinion are doing that.
    spinnytop said:

I think it's okay for the fights to have some complexity to them.

It's not really complexity, though; if all targets are high value to take out, that means no targets are a high value to take out, and you might as well go back to the default of using big AoEs to kill everything at once (though with more dynamic critters, you may want to mix a big stun in there).
    edited August 2016

It's not really complexity, though; if all targets are high value to take out, that means no targets are a high value to take out, and you might as well go back to the default of using big AoEs to kill everything at once (though with more dynamic critters, you may want to mix a big stun in there).

Not all the targets in these groups are of equal value.
    aiqa said:

Complexity and difficulty is nice to have, but when it get to the point it's easier to just overpower things than follow strategies it misses its mark. And the elderworms in my opinion are doing that.

"overpowering" is one strategy, but to do that I would have to change the builds of various characters and I ( and I suspect many others ) am not willing to do that. It's certainly not the only, or best strategy either - but it will be if you nerf the groups too much, because once you do that there's no longer a reason to do anything other than overpower them.
    spinnytop said:

"overpowering" is one strategy, but to do that I would have to change the builds of various characters and I ( and I suspect many others ) am not willing to do that. It's certainly not the only, or best strategy either - but it will be if you nerf the groups too much, because once you do that there's no longer a reason to do anything other than overpower them.

No idea where the "nerfing them until there no longer a reason to do anything other than overpower them" came from. I am certainly not asking for that. I am saying for some groups there are to many targets you want to take out first. If changing that makes the fight to easy, I am sure our devs can come up with something that buffs them.

One last time and then I think I've repeated myself enough. These fights are are not at the level of a cosmic, nor should they be. Their difficulty allows for quite a bit of freedom in how you handle them, and players will always go for the easiest strategy. This means that any other strategy then overpowering the fights needs to be very accessible, or is in danger of being completely ignored.

And sure if you go in with 1 squishy dps build you need to do run and hit, even andrith on elite difficulty requires that. But with two people, I've try tank/dps, healer/dps and dps/dps, and there isn't any need to run. And the best strategy with two people is to just kill the Substatiator first, which is silly and defeats the purpose of healing an AoRP and healer on those elderworm groups.
  • tkittehtkitteh Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Well, I'll be put in a little bit of the disappointed column for the zone. Difficulty is nice, but seems the zone caters a bit too much for the hard end solo, with very careless slap of "We'll put a 2 on it, and every one else can team". While at the same time its tough, and enemy interaction is nice, the 'be tough - hit hard' strategy (is it even strategy?) I found to work got boring quick [just like nightmare event, and the work-around]. With so little content coming to the game. I'd be prepared of large disappointment with the zone, painting with a slightly broader brush would be advised IMO.

If the dev hasn't stop reading, cause this *must* be 2 man content think of it as frog-in-a-pot. A few lower end missions gets bodies in the zone rather than tossing it out as 'not for me, won't even look.' I'll propose simple kill missions and nicer mob groupings, devs can plot them if they want.

chaotic imp - there's loads of them all over the zone, can be a large kill mission, gets people wandering around
    little fury / brute [ remove unstable brute] - simple kill mission frog-pot
    followers/warriors [remove substatiator] - again large boss gone frog-pot

Can add a shark-destroid one too. The rewards could be scaled down 2/1 or kills scaled up for full 3/2.

Added too the frog-pot, the devs show they at least trying (just not very hard). Also there is a small additional source of rewards for braver single players to get some more SCR and Hermes to build their character and confidence. They can then build their character up with gear and better mods. Also helps with the content/difficulty gap between this, and other content.

And since they're still not there SCR store needs the mods boxes (5's 6's) back. This is part of building your character, and helps fit in with the new zone and contents. It shouldn't be shoved off to lock-box and auction house trade. I.e play with your wallet, or run smashes till you can pay the game. (Typo intentional).

Post edited by tkitteh on
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    ^ Going along with that, one thing STO did waaaay back in their Nukara ground zone was to have varying degrees of difficulty so that it might appeal to everyone. In one part of the zone, there were fairly soloable quests for people to get their feet wet with. In another part, there are small-team quests, much like what the Q warzone's intended difficulty is. Then there's part that definitely requires a group.

Granted, the Nukara zone is generally unpopular these days, but that's more because of its lack of appealing rewards. It's also pretty dated compared to the newer, more dynamic ground/space battlezones.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • tkittehtkitteh Posts: 16 Arc User
    ^ That would be great, I played STO for a bit and that is a great example. You go in solo, and end up teaming, team grows go harder. Mate goes, can still solo or 2x.

.. and reminds me ...

while I've not had a great deal time to explore every nook and repeat every mission. I've seen the plot, and repeats lots of 2x player missions. I remember "6x and 20x" being in the advert. Other than the open mission in the back .. where is the 6x 20x stuff?

Suggest 6x [Large group 5-10]: Kill some nightmare colossus .. Kill some mega destroids (add them too in the back).
    2 more "free" contents, just need to add the hooks and scale a destroid (Resistance AP for auto scaling destroid = free content?)

There's no 'door way missions', any mini-Q realm maps from AP to steal? Shove some 5x team stuff in? IIRC there are 5-6 to bosses to steal, and a mindscape map to fight them. Though bosses might need update to 5x (kinda 1x-2x in AP) and not in budget.

Lazy Plot of Day: "OMG Hero is trying to escape, go enter door defeat them and their minions!

Summary: More stuffs! Too much stuffs give too much recog? Put stuffs on rotation (think Unity rotation, not daily job). Idea is there, 1 or two baddy change mobs and some quests make a world of difference quick.
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    The zone having degrees of difficulty would be interesting: solo, duo, five players, ten players, etc.

Not sure how they can pull it off but I like this suggestion.
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Throwing out a crazy idea here. How about those Q portals working both ways and having "random" pieces of MC real estate get sucked into the Q zone that heroes who encounter them would be able to defend? E.g. a bank gets sucked into the Q zone and heroes try to protect it and its customers from ever more deadly waves of Q horrors. For extra fun have the MC building replaced by a portal spawning some horrors for heroes in MC to encounter?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    As of the lastest update: 8/18/2016...

The new additions to the Destroid base are interesting; at least it isnt so empty anymore. I do question having a jet plane there; what is its purpose and where would it fly to? I can understand the Multifarian Police tanks.. they can just drive through the portals to get there. The repositioning of the portals and buildings are interesting as well; it will be a bit more difficult to complete some of the daily missions there because two of the buildings are rather close to each other and the AA launchers from both buildings can trigger at once in some cases. I havent experienced any damage from the snipers, so i dont know if I am too far or if they are just not doing anything.

I like the smoking towers that Threshold now has, but can you please add structural damage where the smoke is coming out? I think that would make it more *believable* about the high level danger of the zone. The elder worm section looks a bit more cleaned up; thank you for that.

The zone is coming along nicely; it just needs a bit more mobs/structures to fill in the big empty spaces.
    aesica said:

chaelk said:

so how many people have tried it with AT's? I know I tried it with several with equal .. results.

it's all fine saying build meatier characters but what about the ones who don't have that option?​​

Unfortunately, they're forced to group. While that's fine for those who enjoy it, some (like myself) would rather play at their own pace. It's not fair to my group if I suddenly have to afk for things (which I often do) so by soloing them, there's zero pressure to keep going with no breaks until it's done. Also, finding groups for crap during off-hours tends to be trickier.

As for squishier characters, you can always try what I do for mine: Make a second account and, if there's ever another freeform slot giveaway, grab it, make a freeform beefcake, and use it to group with and carry all those squishies through the quests. That's what I did for the last two nightmare invasions and it works like a charm.
    Hmm..interesting. So, you are saying to just make another account and use it for grouping so you can have the 2-person group minimum in the new zone without playing with anyone else. That is a bit anti-social and way too much work in my opinion. I like soloing as well; if I feel I need help its much easier and faster to ask for help then to drum up another account and have that bot follow me around (the follow mechanic doesnt work that well).

I think using bots is wrong; they waste server space and resources and hamper server permormance.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Feedback from Conquer's testing of the superbosses:

General
    • Several areas around this zone where stairs are too big and require jumping to traverse. Can be annoying in some locations such as near the zone entrance and by the portal guardian
    • All attacks are generally agreed to be too powerful and leave 0% room for error. Possibly due to extreme scaling from attempting to do a 6-8 person battle with ~22 people.
    • Gravity lasts for too long after leaving a battlezone
    • Many of the OM radius' are too small, very easy to leave the teamup group by mistake.
    • There apparently is a respawn mechanic for these fights that enables you to respawn nearer to one of the boss OMs? Nobody seemed to know how that worked or where it was though.
    Slug
    • Mobs can aggro and teleport through walls if one stands outside them.
    • One of his single-target attacks appears to have random timing? Is that intentional?
    Portal Guardian
    • OM Area needs to be much bigger, Portal Guardian can in fact chase you out of the OM area if you run.
    • Ominous Breath's hit area needs looking at, can be 90 degrees away from its projected hit FX and still will take damage.
    • Hit timing or Damage on Unleashed Rage attack might need adjusting
    Oubliette
    • Also has a troubling tendency to move outside OM area.
    • Terror batteries are difficult to damage due to not generating energy when hit with an EB
    • Damage definitely needs to be reduced on attacks on this fight, as many of her attacks come out extremely quickly
    Destruction Eidolon
    • Considering he roams, he probably shouldn't generate gravity until he is in combat.
    • Way too big, can only see feet at maximum possible zoom if melee and you don't fly around his head to fight.
    • Takes a bit too long to fight I think?
    • He can combo from one orb move to another if you do poorly. I do think there should at least be some kind of cooldown.
    • While I didn't have issues with it usually, most players don't have non-self rooting attacks or acrobatics. At the very least, the first pulse of the 3rd-phase death columns should be a bit slower.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited September 2016
    Slug's single target attack has the same animation as the DoT circle he places on players, and Slug can just keep that one animations through both powers. That makes it look like his timing is off.

Slug's attack that places a circle on players that damage any other nearby players, can still be blocked.

Portal guardian still does insanely high damage:
    Unleashed Rage: Portal Guardian deals 7718 (167753) Dimensional Damage to you with an unknown ability.
    no idea... some ranged attack.. defile?: Portal Guardian deals 20044 (42797) Dimensional Damage to you with an unknown ability.

Oubliette is a lot better now, but her pull should not be followed by 100 hands.

Shadow Destroyer seems doable now, we didn't quite kill him but we got close.
    - His meteor attacks should not require a fast ground based travel power.
    - The other area denial attack can be combo'd with other attacks, if he places an area denial on the tanks they need to be allowed to move without being shot with a laser.
    - This same goes for his meteor attack too, after that attack he can attack very fast, if that happens to be the laser attack you are probably not yet back next to the other tanks to share that damage.
    - I am not sure his ebon ruin is a shared AoE damage, but it doesn't seem like it. I think it should be (and do higher damage) to make solo tanking a bit less viable.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    bluhman said:

Feedback from Conquer's testing of the superbosses:

General
    • Several areas around this zone where stairs are too big and require jumping to traverse. Can be annoying in some locations such as near the zone entrance and by the portal guardian
    • All attacks are generally agreed to be too powerful and leave 0% room for error. Possibly due to extreme scaling from attempting to do a 6-8 person battle with ~22 people.
    • Gravity lasts for too long after leaving a battlezone
    • Many of the OM radius' are too small, very easy to leave the teamup group by mistake.
    • There apparently is a respawn mechanic for these fights that enables you to respawn nearer to one of the boss OMs? Nobody seemed to know how that worked or where it was though.
    Slug
    • Mobs can aggro and teleport through walls if one stands outside them.
    • One of his single-target attacks appears to have random timing? Is that intentional?
    Portal Guardian
    • OM Area needs to be much bigger, Portal Guardian can in fact chase you out of the OM area if you run.
    • Ominous Breath's hit area needs looking at, can be 90 degrees away from its projected hit FX and still will take damage.
    • Hit timing or Damage on Unleashed Rage attack might need adjusting
    Oubliette
    • Also has a troubling tendency to move outside OM area.
    • Terror batteries are difficult to damage due to not generating energy when hit with an EB
    • Damage definitely needs to be reduced on attacks on this fight, as many of her attacks come out extremely quickly
    Destruction Eidolon
    • Considering he roams, he probably shouldn't generate gravity until he is in combat.
    • Way too big, can only see feet at maximum possible zoom if melee and you don't fly around his head to fight.
    • He can combo from one orb move to another if you do poorly. I do think there should at least be some kind of cooldown.
    • While I didn't have issues with it usually, most players don't have non-self rooting attacks or acrobatics. At the very least, the first pulse of the 3rd-phase death columns should be a bit slower.
    I agree with all this stuff. I think that in general the assestment at the moment is bosses are kinda killing you and you don't know why, yet the mechanics and hectic feeling of it all is also fun.

Bug: VFX on Portal Guardian's AoE does not properly appear
    Bug(?): The portals summoned by Shadow Destroyer can be summoned in the Air. This could be bad if someone is in the sky for whatever reason, has a portal summoned on them, and no melee players can attack it due to Gravity debuff

Suggestion:: Portal Guardian tanking is very boring. I think there is a fundamental flaw in the pure high spike damage that this boss has - you can attack for a second, then you just block, try to attack, block forever - otherwise you'll die. Tanks should be given an opportunity to attack more often. Perhaps a more steady stream of damage, but less spikes so you aren't sitting there worried that putting down your guard leads to getting your team killed.

Suggestion:Shadow Destroyer looks awesome! However, as cool as he looks, even at max cam distance he is soooo hard to see. This makes fighting him very awkward, like you just want to crank your player's neck up and make them look higher.

Suggestion: It still feels a bit underwhelming that the NPC Vendors are just standing around outside. A little small instanced zone similar to the gateway station where they have their own locations and stations and players can gather would be nice. Alternatively - give the UNTIL HQ a lounge maybe? But really - how cool would a Demonic Bartender be? Make it cannon by having it be the Demon Key Witchcraft summoned!
    Post edited by xrazamax on
    edited September 2016
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    bluhman said:

Destruction Eidolon

I'm pretty sure he was placed there for testing and doesn't roam, the actual fight takes place on the floating castle thingy. I would suggest enabling the actual fight on the PTS since fighting him on a narrow floating castle is much more different, specially when one of his attacks knocks you back and you have to dodge his phase 3 attack and may end up falling off the castle.

On the orbs subject, I think it's ok for him to heal completely if you do poorly (he is supposed to be the big guy of the zone and Dino, Kiga, and Qwyji do that). The reason why his Nemcon version is not threatenig at all is because you can simply fail all orb check and eventually still beat him cause he stop summoning them all together.

I do agree however that the way the healing orbs work right now should be tweaked because:

1- The orb summoning appears to work on a "Hit x% Hp" threshold check. This works both ways. As in you damage him below that x% threshold...or his orbs heal him past x% threshold. Meaning that it is possible for him to summon his phase 3 orbs get healed past his phase 2 orb threshold, and he summons the phase 2 orbs immediately after.
    2- Orbs can be CCed. I would guess this is intentional. We haven't been able to test it this time around, but since Shadow D doesn't attack during Orbs it is to be believed that you can CC them and then keep attacking him and kill him without Shadow D hitting back. Something to test in the future.

Now the Phase 3 meteor rain could use some slight delay, like only 0.5 more second would improve it a lot since most attacks have a 0.67 animation lock.

For the rest, Shadow D seems pretty doable.

Now on the Portal Guardian, the main problem I saw (aside from One Shot UR through block) were the Horrors that keep spawning around the place. They have a huge area Knock To, which completely ignores your block, which is really bad for the tank, since he gets pulled **** knows where, his block gets canceled and he dies.

Also I would suggest making the OM areas a lil bit bigger, since when retreating to regroup on attempting to drop aggro you will most likely be dropped from team up.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I forgot to mention, Eidolon is so tall that when he uses Shadow Embrace, it fails to hit you if you're right at his feet. Like, I could see the tips of the attack's tendrils from my view and it wasn't doing any damage to me while I was targeted.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Oh my...my expectations were way below this for this warzone. I like the design personally but the enemies are kinda hard to do. I will learn as I go along, keep up the work :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    Okay despite the bugs and feedback listed, this stuff doesn't sound that bad. Glad to hear CC MAY have more use also. :)
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    The Area
    I feel that one of the big problems with the area is the respawn points (or should I say point). There have been a few times where the group have wiped because half of the group were still travelling over to the open mission area.

Additionally, I would like to see the enemy mobs moved slightly further away from the Open mission areas. I main a glass cannon and time and time again I would hop out of my vehicle far enough from the target, being readying up for a fight only to realise that I am too close to a random mob which has blended perfectly into the scenery (I have to play on a relatively low graphics setting so everything seems to merge together in this zone!). As you can imagine, this made the respawn point even more infuriating for me!

In addition to this, I believe that the Open Mission "Team-Up" zone should be increased, to allow people to team up before joining the fight. As it is, you have to be on the stone circle to team up for the portal guardian (which is almost certain death) or already inside the Slug chamber by which time you haven't got time to properly organise teams (ie healers and tanks together). I didn't notice this problem with Oubliette but them again I spent most of my time travelling back to her shortly after she spawned.

Now onto the Open missions themselves!

Slug
    No problems here personally, I really enjoyed the fight, even if we did wipe at the very end!

Portal Guardian
    My God... Maybe it's because it was my first time fighting this thing, but it seems horrendously overpowered. This thing appears to be a sponge, soaking up every attack that is thrown its way, then wiping the group with a misleading cone attack which is a guaranteed death for some DPSers if it ticks only two or three times. I'd recommend tweaking the cone tell to match the actual attack, and maybe reducing the damage of it? Unless this is a shared damage mechanic similar to Teleiosaurus, in which case I have no quarrels with it.

Oubliette
    Possibly responsible for a majority of my deaths last night. I was unable to survive any attack that hit me, regardless of wether I blocked or not (which is rare since I could not see any tells). There were 2 main attacks which seemed to target me, almost at random sometimes. The first is the lunge, and the other is her Dark Pull attack. Both of these were hitting my poor 7k health DPS for around 8 - 10K. Sometimes I wouldn't even attack and still be targeted so I'm not 100% sure what was happening with that. I'd like to see a more obvious tell these attacks (and I mean something like the "Boom" icon or the coloured spheres since an animation is easily missed when 20+ people are throwing everything they have at the target)

Destruction Eidolon
    This was my favourite part of the testing done last night. Awesome looking boss but I do agree somewhat with other players saying he is too tall. Maybe allow our cameras to go out further than 70 to compensate? I can't see 100 being game breaking. This may need to be in addition with him being made slightly smaller.

I didn't have a problem avoiding the meteors, but I did get his by one of his "eruption" style attacks due to being locked into an animation. An additional 0.5 second delay should give players a big enough margin to avoid this even if they were misfortunate to be locked into an animation. I completely agree with other people saying that his orbs need a cooldown as his ability to go from 1/3 to nearly full in approx. 30 seconds is crazy.

Although we were unable to bring him down last night (or any of them for that matter o.0) I feel that we didn't test the waters enough for this one. For example, we seemed to be bringing down all of the orbs at the same time instead of everyone focusing on 1 at a time. I believe he heals a certain amount from each one, so focusing them may have allowed us to destroy them in time. For this reason, I cannot really comment on the amount they heal, however, I wonder if there is some way of making them easy to tell apart, by name or colour? This would allow the "focus" strategy to be easier to execute, as if they all look the same people tend to just hit the one closest to them.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    For some reason the Annihilator Bots seem to be able to increase their HP to around...300k HP, I am unsure if this is a scaling issue or an unintended side effect of the Power Corrosion (although if it is linked to PC attack then that is super weird)

They also seem to have periods of damage immunity as they run away from players...?
    edited September 2016

For some reason the Annihilator Bots seem to be able to increase their HP to around...300k HP, I am unsure if this is a scaling issue or an unintended side effect of the Power Corrosion (although if it is linked to PC attack then that is super weird)

They also seem to have periods of damage immunity as they run away from players...?

This is intended. One of the recent patch notes mentioned that adds have their Hp increased once the boss of the area spawns. Due to a general lack of organization in last night's testing it was hard to tell wether their Hp and Damage scaling is way over the top, or if a group of add tanks and healers could handle them ok.
  • b4dm0nk3yb4dm0nk3y Posts: 3 Arc User
    Just an opinion from an average player here. I think most of Named Bosses were too hard to beat. I don't think that you should have to have the Epic gear to be able to succeed in each zone, maybe have the play test with average gear and have a much clearer picture of the CO community at large. I think that is a problem in other areas (Cosmics) as well.
    I think the Zone is amazing visually, but I agree with a few previous posts when they say make it bigger. It does seem a bit small. Also it does seem like it is empty.
    b4dm0nk3y said:

Just an opinion from an average player here. I think most of Named Bosses were too hard to beat. I don't think that you should have to have the Epic gear to be able to succeed in each zone, maybe have the play test with average gear and have a much clearer picture of the CO community at large. I think that is a problem in other areas (Cosmics) as well.
    I think the Zone is amazing visually, but I agree with a few previous posts when they say make it bigger. It does seem a bit small. Also it does seem like it is empty.

I think it was mentioned that more quests would be introduced for the zone that would reward Warzone tokens or w/e. Those quests would probably liven up the zone a bit more.

IMO it would be a good place to introduce Unity 3. Have quests like "Rescue X soldiers, Collect Qliphoth Samples, Kill X Horrors, Dismantle X Destroid machines" that reward stuff like 1 or 2 SCR, minimal rewards but short and fast that provide an alternity to the slog Unity 1 and 2 currently are.
    lezard21 said:

One of the recent patch notes mentioned that adds have their Hp increased once the boss of the area spawns. Due to a general lack of organization in last night's testing it was hard to tell wether their Hp and Damage scaling is way over the top, or if a group of add tanks and healers could handle them ok.

I did some poking at the adds in the last testing; I'm pretty sure I could solo tank all the adds for the portal guardian or oubliette, they didn't really seem to hit that hard (they have obnoxious effects if you don't block them, but block camping is the normal way to add tank).
    Just random bits of testing stuff that can be used for reference.

xrazamax said:

Just random bits of testing stuff that can be used for reference.

Thank you for posting this video. I havent had the chance to participate in testing the open missions for myself.

lezard21 said:

One of the recent patch notes mentioned that adds have their Hp increased once the boss of the area spawns. Due to a general lack of organization in last night's testing it was hard to tell wether their Hp and Damage scaling is way over the top, or if a group of add tanks and healers could handle them ok.

I did some poking at the adds in the last testing; I'm pretty sure I could solo tank all the adds for the portal guardian or oubliette, they didn't really seem to hit that hard (they have obnoxious effects if you don't block them, but block camping is the normal way to add tank).
    The Horrors do not represent a problem for the add tank, but rather for the main tank. Their Knock to has a huge range.

Since there are a lot of them, one add tank will not be able to CC them all, so maybe more than one CC tank?
    lezard21 said:

The Horrors do not represent a problem for the add tank, but rather for the main tank. Their Knock to has a huge range.

It is affected by LOS, though. Drag them all behind one of the summoning pillars and everyone else fights on other side of the region, probably.
    lezard21 said:

Since there are a lot of them, one add tank will not be able to CC them all, so maybe more than one CC tank?

At a target open mission size of 6-8, that seems impractical.
    spinnytop said:

I don't think we're done with this whole nightmare invasion storyline yet.

On reflection I think I'm wrong about this u3u booo~
    Mission objectives of Multifarian Reeinforcements should be shared. It's very annoying to run this mission in a team and having to wait for the portals to respawn 5 times.
    edited October 2016
    Bug:
    - Mission: Secrets of the Shadow Cult
    When 1 teammember collects all 10 lore objects, the objects can't be interacted with anymore by other teammembers.

- The scout assaulted by elder worms (1923 1159 3438), clips through a rock and the elder worms spawned around him often spawn inside a rock.

- Elder Warm Follower are immune to NTTG.

- The top part (straps) of the scoll belt accessory should probably not jiggle.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

All of the high level platforms are empty - they should all have sentries of some kind on them (this would increase the difficulty for ranged/flying heroes, too, so probably a good thing if applies to villain areas).

I would LOVE that! fly up, find more things to slap into next century!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    gradii said:

Bug:
    - Mission: Secrets of the Shadow Cult
    When 1 teammember collects all 10 lore objects, the objects can't be interacted with anymore by other teammembers.

I ran into this too. Additionally, the Annihilator bots in the destroid base werent giving credit for the kill mission half the time.

The annihilator bots without their defensive aura are glitched. They get their health boosed up above 90K health and won't count to your mission.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Bug: credit not being counted on a mission

Where It Happens: Destroid Destruction (2)

What Happens: the mission has 2 objectives, to kill Destroids and Annihilator Bots. The Annihilator Bots portion does not always seem to be counted correctly. It is SOMETIMES counted. I tried this solo, then in a team.

Trying it solo, I was stuck at 4/6. Later, I was in a team, helping others with the preceding content (against the Cultists and the Worms). When we all reached the Destroid portion, SOMETIMES people got credit for Annihilator Bots, sometimes not.

Because I was soloing the mission initially, I don't think it was a factor of how much damage was done. It -might- be a factor of how fast I killed them, maybe I had an Active Offense on at the time, etc.

Just FYI, I dropped the mission to try again, if I have updates I'll post here.

-----

xacchaeus's post right below is exactly correct I think, that's what I found to be the condition.
    Post edited by tigerofcachtice on
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    if the annihilator bots do not have a buff on them, skip em, cause you won't get credit (and their hp jumps to 90k plus)
    BUG: Potent Temporary Forcefield cannot be slotted in device slots. Give the message "Requires None(1)"
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    xacchaeus said:

if the annihilator bots do not have a buff on them, skip em, cause you won't get credit (and their hp jumps to 90k plus)

Thanks for confirming that. I noticed the 15,000 HP vs. 90,000+ HP versions as the criteria between getting credit vs. not getting credit for the mission respectively. I didn't realise it was related to that buff the Destroids have.

Good to see we weren't a.) alone or b.) crazy to have seen that. Seems like this is a known issue, thanks for looking into it.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
This discussion has been closed.