What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's have a Hype Party: The New Zone

2»

Comments

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Never said there was any.

Yay a second page! Maybe there is hope for this community yet.

Oh...I see. It was the "full page" that was the key point not "positivity". Carry on, then!

**adds just a little more to the second page** :p

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    spinnytop said:

aesica said:

spinnytop said:

nepht said:

*CO moaning is normally just Gradii making frowny faces*

He's not even the most negative person tho :p by comparison to the worst he's a ray of sunshine
    Now now cupcake, don't confuse "a passionate desire to see this game made better for everyone (instead of just a small handful)" with "the sky is falling! DOOOOOOOOOM!"
    You're right Nepht... say something related to someone and they just show right up o3o why does that always happen when you're involved?

Let's see if we can make it happen again.... Some people are really upset about the 2 Gun Mojo change.
    *waits*
    That wasn't Gradii you numpty. CO Raph is Gradii and only Gradii and the only person more angry than CO Raph is Anger Wolf.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User

@championshewolf
    The story telling in CO is way more obvious and heavy handed than that and there are VERY strong arguments against your theories.
    I suspect that this story was to be resolved with the star guardian introduction and some kind of end game involving a moon base/space station.
    It would be nice if a dev could chime in.

This is one of those times when I would defer to @bulgarex

You flatter me. o:) But I wouldn't presume to second-guess what the devs might choose to do based on PnP game lore. They've repeatedly shown willingness to change or ignore that when it suits their purpose.

However, for the sake of argument ;) , as per Champions Beyond both the Roin'esh and Mechanon have spies in the Forum Malvanum on Earth's Moon, so it's not impossible for them to have discovered each other. Mechanon's description in Champions Villains Vol. 1 p. 100 leaves a tiny door open for some kind of involvement with the Roin'esh: "Mechanon can tolerate spending time around organic life only to study it or torture it. While it may occasionally manipulate humans behind the scenes [emphasis mine] (which is just further proof, to it, of their weakness), it would never, ever ally himself [sic] with one. It will not even use biological weapons. The very thought of organic life fills it with disgust."

That does still leave the question, as has been raised elsewhere on this thread, of what Mechanon would have to gain by assisting the Roin'esh in any way. Or why those aliens would take its help -- compared to the technology of their Malvan masters, Mechanon is an erector-set toy.

Assuming the hint that the Roin'esh's mysterious patron is somewhere out in space holds true (and we can't be sure the devs had even made a decision who that would be at that point), if it were up to me I'd choose someone with both the capacity and the motivation to degrade the Malvans. At that top of that list I would put Xarriel, godlike planetary tyrant, would-be universe conqueror, and the CU's analogue to Darkseid/Thanos. That would also set the stage for the long-proposed introduction to CO of the Star*Guard, this setting's analogue to the Green Lantern Corps.

But it obviously isn't up to me. :*
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    What other empires are there? Is there a Kree analog? The Malvans seem more like an analog of Oans...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Mechanon is not above using biologics for his goals, like any other thing, and using said information to gain data. The code at the end and the simple fact the The End...? was in space was evidence of that. Then add onto that you never hear the benefactor speak at all in when the Roin'Esh commander is arguing with the computer. Add into the fact Mechanon would to distract from himself as much as possible and we know the Roin'Esh were escapees from the Malvan's so it wasn't a Malvan benefactor, using the Roin'Esh desire to escape would be right up Mechanon's alley.

This is not 'evidence'. It's speculation. Sure, it could in theory be Mechanon, but there's no real evidence that it is.

Onto the fact that Cybermind was lost in Cyberspace shows that someone better than him at cyber manipulation was involved. And then you have to consider how Cybermind even got tech like that to begin with while in prison. And the fact that the boss of the SOCRATES part of the mission was a spider was just another clue.

Pretty sure Cybermind got lost in cyberspace because you beat him up and he couldn't handle the feedback. The tech he got in prison was an internet-enabled cell phone as far as we can tell. As for the spider, well, OOC it's probably because they made a spider model and wanted to use it, but sure, it could be evidence of Mechanon.

What other empires are there? Is there a Kree analog? The Malvans seem more like an analog of Oans...

Actually, the Oan analogue would be the Odrugarans, oldest living civilization in this galaxy, and patrons of the Star*Guard.

This isn't an era of galaxy-spanning empires or federations in the Milky Way. In the past, sure; and also in the future of the official setting time-line. But right now the galaxy is heavily balkanized. A few nascent multi-racial polities exist -- the Qularr, Hzeel, Varanyi, Velarians, Xenovores -- but none are large or advanced enough to threaten the Malvans. The biggest comprise just a few dozen star systems and a handful of species. And most of the very advanced civilizations aren't inclined to meddle in the affairs of other worlds.

For empires with advanced tech and designs on our corner of the Universe, first place goes to the multi-dimensional V'hanian Empire. Istvatha V'han, "Empress of a Billion Dimensions," already has pawns in place in this galaxy. I could see a long-term plan by the CO developers for her to bring them together to facilitate her next invasion of Earth.

If we keep the technological theme, another fine candidate would be the X'endron Network, an all-machine civilization which currently exists as an armada of AI-directed starships roving the Milky Way. The X'endron consider it their destiny to rule the "inferior" organic beings... but at least they don't want to exterminate us, like Mechanon.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    darqaura2 said:

It's . . . a . . . new . . . zone!
    that is all.
    I never thought I'd hear those words anywhere near CO ever again. For that I am grateful.

I agree. I'm happy about it!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    nepht said:

That wasn't Gradii you numpty. CO Raph is Gradii and only Gradii and the only person more angry than CO Raph is Anger Wolf.

No you dunderhead, I meant when I said that there are people more negative than Gradii. And trust me, there are people way more negative than him... people so negative you wonder if they've somehow mixed up video games and tax law n_n

Also I dunno why you think anger wolf is angry... last I knew she and I were dancing in a sunshiney meadow together over the direction the game's been taking!
    bulgarex said:

Actually, the Oan analogue would be the Odrugarans, oldest living civilization in this galaxy, and patrons of the Star*Guard.

This isn't an era of galaxy-spanning empires or federations in the Milky Way. In the past, sure; and also in the future of the official setting time-line. But right now the galaxy is heavily balkanized. A few nascent multi-racial polities exist -- the Qularr, Hzeel, Varanyi, Velarians, Xenovores -- but none are large or advanced enough to threaten the Malvans. The biggest comprise just a few dozen star systems and a handful of species. And most of the very advanced civilizations aren't inclined to meddle in the affairs of other worlds.

For empires with advanced tech and designs on our corner of the Universe, first place goes to the multi-dimensional V'hanian Empire. Istvatha V'han, "Empress of a Billion Dimensions," already has pawns in place in this galaxy. I could see a long-term plan by the CO developers for her to bring them together to facilitate her next invasion of Earth.

If we keep the technological theme, another fine candidate would be the X'endron Network, an all-machine civilization which currently exists as an armada of AI-directed starships roving the Milky Way. The X'endron consider it their destiny to rule the "inferior" organic beings... but at least they don't want to exterminate us, like Mechanon.
    Hmmm... fascinating. :) I wonder what Mechanon would think of the X'endron?

Enh... knowing Mechanon it'd try to exterminate them...

ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    spinnytop said:

nepht said:

No you dunderhead, I meant when I said that there are people more negative than Gradii. And trust me, there are people way more negative than him... people so negative you wonder if they've somehow mixed up video games and tax law n_n

Also I dunno why you think anger wolf is angry... last I knew she and I were dancing in a sunshiney meadow together over the direction the game's been taking!

Now your making me angry you little %^$£! >:C

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..

There's a little speculation about that in one of the books. Gist is that they would probably get along well at first; but the fundamental conflict between their goals -- conquest versus extermination -- would eventually drive them apart, and might even make them enemies.

bulgarex said:

There's a little speculation about that in one of the books. Gist is that they would probably get along well at first; but the fundamental conflict between their goals -- conquest versus extermination -- would eventually drive them apart, and might even make them enemies.
    I wonder if Mechanon would try to enslave them? It seems arrogant enough to do that.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I am actually very happy for the new zone. it has been several years since i have been this excited for co. now if they want to make a plant powerset, then i will be super stoked :D, but seriously, its been a very long time, but i am very happy, i have been popping back on the forums every few months wondering if we were ever going to get something i cared about, since i am not a pvper and don't care about large groups, this is what i have been hoping for..and largely gave up on over a year ago. lets see if the momentum continues..we have those assets from the hi pan dragon mission, with the blue spirit world and asian-influenced architecture, wouldnt mind seeing more of that. the assets are already there, ya know. so yeah, super happy. unexpectedly so.
    My head is now dancing with dreams of all sorts of new epic lairs and zones
    Mechanon invasion zone? Giant monster Mechanon?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Mechanon invasion zone? Giant monster Mechanon?

VIPER WARZONE \oAo/ I'm so excited!
    As long as I get to massacre Air Cavalry I'm in....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

i could assuredly live with that...now dream about a plant powerset :smiley: no need for huge zones, if anything the original zones were really big, smaller zones work fine so long as they have a thematic consistency and a intriguing storyline.
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    rianfrost said:

spinnytop said:

i could assuredly live with that...now dream about a plant powerset :smiley: no need for huge zones, if anything the original zones were really big, smaller zones work fine so long as they have a thematic consistency and a intriguing storyline.
    Waters powers!
    One day till new zone get hyped \o/

• beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    Is new zone really tomorrow? Woot!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    beerbane said:

Is new zone really tomorrow? Woot!

I doubt it mate.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    I don't think so either.

Then again, I have always been wrong whenever I said a new thing wasn't going to come out... so there ya go. Enjoy the new zone tomorrow.
    Damn it I thought it was tomorrow :C
    Would they really want the attention from the new zone to be split with the Anniversary stuff? If they release the new zone now, all the Anniversary stuff with be mostly ignored.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png

Would they really want the attention from the new zone to be split with the Anniversary stuff? If they release the new zone now, all the Anniversary stuff with be mostly ignored.

Valid point, oh well back to farming favor then ^__^

yeah but next month is Halloween and the Takofanes stuff.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    Wait, new zone is today?! or yesterday? i couldn't log on the game these days because... reasons. But i'm back now.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    nepht said:

Valid point, oh well back to farming favor then ^__^

The good news is that we are getting a mission with a reasonably high favor reward :)
    kaizerin said:

Drifter will have a mission for players regarding the invading Destroids. It awards 25 Anniversary Favor, 5 presents and 1 box of questionite. Requires level 10.
    ​​
    Let's hope it's at least daily.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Let's hope the mission isn't in a lockbox! :p
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png

Or a puppy! Those things are terrible...
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    This zone is going to be really good. This brings back the MMO experience that many are fond of to be honest.
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

• beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    Oh how my emotions have been toyed with!
    spinnytop said:

Or a puppy! Those things are terrible...
    On the plus side, you don't usually have to wait long for what's in a puppy to come out.

This zone is going to be really good. This brings back the MMO experience that many are fond of to be honest.

Yes, running around in a zone, randomly helping other people, no official teaming required. I can't wait. We are going to grow as a community SO HARD in this zone.
  • fluffykitty1fluffykitty1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Boop \o/

*smushes with hugs*
    *smushes with hugs back*
    Hoi =^w^=

Here to make Forums Fluffy =^w^=
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    Any eta yet? Just curious:)