Install Arc
Options

PTS Community Testing September 1st 12 pm ST

xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Champions Online Discussion
TESTING COMPLETE!

Thanks for coming out guys! Original post is below

Hello Everyone!

It is time for another community organized PTS Test Event!

This test will focus on the Open Missions found in the Qliphotic Warzone. There are 3 missions that require groups of 10 or less, and 1 mission that requires ~25 players. We will complete the first 3 Open Missions in order to unlock the final and largest Open Mission. Attempting this OM will complete the test.

Test: Four New Open Missions
Purpose: Bug Squashing
Test Location: Qliphotic Warzone
Time: September 1st 12PM ST

How to get there:

Speak to Liaison Bradley

See Major Boudreau in the UNTIL HQ

The rift to go the Qliphotic Realm is past the UNTIL Bot in the hallway to the right

Welcome to Paradise

Please leave a comment
if you would like to participate so we can gauge how many players we will need to coerce pull from Live the day of in order to complete the testing. Also, don't forget to copy over any characters you will want to use tomorrow by using the Link: http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/co
Post edited by xrazamax on

Comments

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Will there be rum?
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    thats a weekday, ill be at work, oh well
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Work day for me as well :(
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    I can make it.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Yeah I'd say this is kind of an odd time to be having it. Just happen to be having a class at that time so I won't be able to make it either.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    We understand it's an odd time, but we like to see this as a last minute preparation for when it hits Live.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I'll be there so that I can influence content to be the way I want it to be o3o *waves Dark Souls around for no reason*
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    This timing is so there is a chance to fix things before the weekend. Then in the weekend there can be more testing with as little bugs as possible.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    aiqa said:

This timing is so there is a chance to fix things before the weekend. Then in the weekend there can be more testing with as little bugs as possible.

Basically this^ The testing needs to be done before Friday, so any glaring bugs found can be fixed by the weekend. The goal is to make sure that the zone is at least in a playable state, such as the Open Missions unlock the final Open Mission, working boss mechanics, etc.. Otherwise, we can't get to finding the smaller tiny bugs and balancing issues to iron out the details by early next week.

The testing starts at 12pm, but will probably go on for a while due to the numerous OMs. I know many people who usually enjoy helping during the testing aren't going to be able to make it, but we got to test soon - the update hits next Thursday after all.
  • Options
    Wait so its not launching this Thursday :I
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so , that's about 10am, while I'm at work...​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    In my opinion matters (which I know it really doesn't) I wouldn't be launching this next week till adequate testing can be done. Trying to rush the testing (when most folks who would help test are at work) for this is not a good idea.

Ofcourse this will be ignored, it will be rushed and then there will be bugs.

Meh.
  • Options
    darqaura2 said:

In my opinion matters (which I know it really doesn't) I wouldn't be launching this next week till adequate testing can be done. Trying to rush the testing (when most folks who would help test are at work) for this is not a good idea.

Meh.

The devs have schedules they need to keep. The people who decide that schedule likely don't spend time on these forums.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    spinnytop said:

darqaura2 said:

Meh.

The devs have schedules they need to keep. The people who decide that schedule likely don't spend time on these forums.
    Good point.

EDIT: Well that's what followup patches and deployments are for.
  • Options
    It isn't a huge rush test, we just have to rely more on our Euro players :P
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    it's on a thursday, they are likely to be at work or school. unless they are lucky and have summer holidays currently.
    for a recheck time. after this first one,
    saturday 4-6am server time, would still be only 10pm EST(Aust) so, that gets Europe and Asia too.
    Being the weekend, more people are likely to be free.​​

• Options
    edited September 2016
    chaelk said:

it's on a thursday, they are likely to be at work or school. unless they are lucky and have summer holidays currently.

for a recheck time. after this first one,

saturday 4-6am server time, would still be only 10pm EST(Aust) so, that gets Europe and Asia too.

Being the weekend, more people are likely to be free.​​
    It would be smart to make a separate thread for a follow up test - I am not the official pts community test organizer, there can be organized group test that someone else post :P

We just wanted the testing done today so changes could be made before the weekend. We suspected - and were correct - that gathering a large group of player that would usually show up on the weekend wasn't needed. We had about 10-15 people there, and that was the appropriate size for the OMs we tested. The missions are not behaving as intended so huge numbers of people were not as needed as much as an immediate test to squash the larger glaring bugs - in our opinion anyways.

So sorry everyone who couldn't make it! We understand many of you were at work/school/midday drinking. Thanks for everyone who did come :)
  • Options
    Added that photo everyone wanted me to take to the OP.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I think the testing was a success, quite a few bugs and balance issues were found. It will be nice to see if it's all fully playable (and winnable) in the weekend.

And that picture turned out great.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Now that the testing is done my SG obligations no longer apply and I can now call you all dumb for doing the devs work for them for free, I can but I wont cause I am nice like that :D

I've moaned about a test am I one of the cool kids now?
  • Options
    xrazamax wrote: »
    Added that photo everyone wanted me to take to the OP.

4 males, 11 females. No wonder the guy on the right is doing thumbs up.​​

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    nepht said:

Stop moaning about a test! Your opinion is wrong!

Moaning about others having different opinions is the new cool, keep up old woman.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options

nepht said:

Stop moaning about a test! Your opinion is wrong!

Moaning about others having different opinions is the new cool, keep up old woman.
    Cant my zimmer frame is broken.
  • Options