test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160811a.9 - Qliphothic Warzone/Anniversary Event Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Vendors
  • Changed the mod packs sold at recognition vendors so you can open them from your inventory.
  • Added Mob Drop costumes pieces to the SCR store.
  • Fixed a bug where the gear packs sold at until recognition vendors were not scaling to level properly.

Qliphothic Warzone
  • Added some Blue quality gear (on par with Mercenary gear) to the drop tables of the open missions.
  • Updated currency rewards for the missions.

Portal Guardian
Shattering Rain
  • Fixed a bug where this would track the player.

Ominous Breath
  • Fixed a bug where this would track the player.

Anniversary Event
  • The anniversary event has been turned on for PTS.
  • Added a new Anniversary store vendor.
  • The vendor's Happy Anniversary mission has not had its rewards updated yet.
  • Added Cheer! device.
  • Added a bunch of preview images to the anniversary costumes

Please post mission related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206012/fc-31-20160729-8-qliphothic-warzone-mission-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post enemy group revamp related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1206011/fc-31-20160729-8-enemy-group-adjustments/p1?new=1

Please post zone related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1206014/fc-31-20160729-8-qliphothic-warzone-zone-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post Recognition related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206022/fc-31-20160729-8-recognition-stores-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post Justice gear related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206023/fc-31-20160729-8-justice-gear-price-changes/p1?new=1

Please post power changes related feedback here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206024/fc-31-20160729-8-power-changes-feedback/p1?new=1

Please post Anniversary Event related feedback here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1206140/fc-31-20160811a-7-anniversary-event-feedback

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please format any suggestions you find in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.
Posts that do not specifically pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.
​​

Comments

• Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Vendors

• Changed the mod packs sold at recognition vendors so you can open them from your inventory.
    ​​
    YES ty
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    So, I fiddled around with the Anniversary a bit. Got a bit of feedback to provide:

1.) I'm not finding a resource for tokens as yet. I assume its going to tie into the Mechanon fights, but getting some from presents would be useful as well. Its possible that the present drops haven't been updated yet, and if so I understand...but please strive to make the tokens fairly accessible. There are a LOT of shinies in the store this year. :)

2.) The presents that drop from this event need to be equipped to the item bar to be opened. Is there any chance you could port the mod case changes over to these? You could probably also stand to strip out or reduce the cooldown on opening them as well.

3.) None of the new items are dropping from presents. Not sure if that's intentional or not...just thought I'd point it out.

So back to the Qzone now :)

1.) I think the Tailor in this zone is supposed to be a member of the Mage council, but her greeting is the generic tailoring spiel. She could probably use something more specific to the council. Possibly something about providing an outfit for warding against arcane horrors and such.

2.) I spent some time trying to run the dailies. Tougher than expected. As such I've not beaten mine yet (Demolishers are pretty boss), and can't access the items in the Hermes store for testing. Adding some tokens to the debugger would be handy. I want to test out the respawn doohickeys. Not so concerned about the toughness for when the actual zone comes out, I figure I'll have no shortage of assistance then :)

3.) I love the new Darkness aura. It'll be very thematic for my symbiote character Despair :)
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    are you trying to solo the dailies or run them in the groups suggested?
    which is I think 2,3,5​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Soloing. I very rarely run general content with groups on live. It looks like this will need to change with the Q zone content, which seems pretty difficult without aid.

I'm okay with that, higher tier content should be difficult, but it does make testing a bit trickier. I was also hindered by the PTS's lack of build switching, which stuck me in a DPS role. Running the content whilst more tanky might help.

Long term, we're probably going to want to add a 'Qzone' chat channel for networking on this content, particularly with how the Shadow Destroyer fight is contingent on defeating all the open world bosses.
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    I'm wondering if something was turned on before it was ready for testing or was just overlooked in the patch notes...

But I found a new power in the Celestial Power Tree. It is a healing power called Holy Torrent (I couldn't find it in any of the recent patch notes) It is selectable, but It does not have any of its descriptions set up yet and I don't know if it actually functions yet...I just happened to see it in the Power House like I said...
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Cosmic HQ is exclusively for Cosmic hunting. It's not a good idea to bring anything else into that chat. I've received a warning from a mod just for discussing non cosmic related material.

Not complaining mind you, that's the purpose of the chat, but polluting it with other topics will not be well recieved.

The zone itself will require teaming for the dailies and such. A chat dedicated to the Qzone seems a reasonable idea.

Celestial Torrent might be the new Tier 4. I imagine we'll be getting a Qzone related lockbox soonish
  • Options
    Well, with respect, that sounds like a personal problem. I have 20 odd channels and manage just fine with them. Try turning off the ones you're not using.

Doing dailies in the Qzone is not a cosmic fight, but will require teaming. I don't see where adding a channel to expedite the process is a bad thing.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    -Added Mob Drop costumes pieces to the SCR store.

Can these be added to the UNTIL store instead? Unless you want to make SCR drop from mobs in Vibora Bay.

Seeing how you get Backup Devices now I'm starting to see a pattern where everything new being added is Bind on Pickup. This kind of direction can ruin the in game player economy that would make it pointless to trade with anyone anymore.​​
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    How in the world did you get a warning? There's so much unrelated blather on the channel that I often turn it off unless I want to do Cosmics. If you got a warning probably half the people using it should also have received one.

Cosmic HQ is exclusively for Cosmic hunting. It's not a good idea to bring anything else into that chat. I've received a warning from a mod just for discussing non cosmic related material.

Not complaining mind you, that's the purpose of the chat, but polluting it with other topics will not be well recieved.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    with BoP becoming the norm, more of my free time will be used elsewhere
  • Options
    Holy Torrent actually functions...I'm guessing the numbers are just place holders...but currently it works similarly to Absorb Heat...only instead of consuming Clinging Flames to heal, it consumes all stacks of Illuminate. And based on which form of the buff/de-buff it will either heal for X bonus amount or deal x bonus dimensional damage to surrounding targets. It is a PbAoE heal effect, and didn't seem to be a T4...looked more like a T2 or T3 in the Power House.
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User

Holy Torrent actually functions...I'm guessing the numbers are just place holders...but currently it works similarly to Absorb Heat...only instead of consuming Clinging Flames to heal, it consumes all stacks of Illuminate. And based on which form of the buff/de-buff it will either heal for X bonus amount or deal x bonus dimensional damage to surrounding targets. It is a PbAoE heal effect, and didn't seem to be a T4...looked more like a T2 or T3 in the Power House.

Yes, I noticed that too. This should be bumped up to a T4 power, especially if the devs have plans to launch it with the new content. In my opinion, I would use this power for a healer that stays in the crowd during the Cosmic Events to heal nearby dps toons. The range is too short to heal the tanks effectively without watering faceplants often.

Suggestion: Please create advantages so the power will be more flexible to different playstyles.
    Advantage 1: (2 points) Change the power from a PBAOE to a ranged AOE maintain.
    Advantage 2: (3 points) Each consumption of an Illumination stack does double heal/damage based on stats (Ego or Presence, whichever is higher). This advantage cannot crit.
    Advantage 3: (2 points) When this power deals damage, it will also knockback weaker enemies. At each rank, it will have a chance to knockback stronger enemies. This power does not work on bosses.

Suggestion: Please change the animation of the power; it looks/sounds like you are splashing water in a circle outward toward your enemies. I think it should look more like expulse, but without that particular character animation.
  • Options
    kyastral said:

Yes, I noticed that too. This should be bumped up to a T4 power, especially if the devs have plans to launch it with the new content. In my opinion, I would use this power for a healer that stays in the crowd during the Cosmic Events to heal nearby dps toons. The range is too short to heal the tanks effectively without watering faceplants often.

Suggestion: Please create advantages so the power will be more flexible to different playstyles.
    Advantage 1: (2 points) Change the power from a PBAOE to a ranged AOE maintain.
    Advantage 2: (3 points) Each consumption of an Illumination stack does double heal/damage based on stats (Ego or Presence, whichever is higher). This advantage cannot crit.
    Advantage 3: (2 points) When this power deals damage, it will also knockback weaker enemies. At each rank, it will have a chance to knockback stronger enemies. This power does not work on bosses.

Suggestion: Please change the animation of the power; it looks/sounds like you are splashing water in a circle outward toward your enemies. I think it should look more like expulse, but without that particular character animation.
    the splashing water effect is actually kind of cool in my opinion (after all Torrent refers to water) and I think that power would be a great building block for eventually building a Water powerset...
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

The zone itself will require teaming for the dailies and such. A chat dedicated to the Qzone seems a reasonable idea.

Celestial Torrent might be the new Tier 4. I imagine we'll be getting a Qzone related lockbox soonish

As a mod in Cosmic HQ I can assure you that the Cosmic HQ channel can and will be used for stuff in the Qzone. We don't need a billion channels, Cosmic HQ can serve as a general "high level content" channel. You can also advertise for TA in there. This was not the case a while ago, but since then the channel has adapted to the fact that a public channel for high level content is something we sorely need. You will no longer receive warnings for talking about anything other than dino, monkey, and kiga. The main thing you get warnings for now is being a jerk, so don't do that o3o
This discussion has been closed.