test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's have a Hype Party: The New Zone

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
So, say why you are hype about the new zone. Now sure I'm sure somebody will be like "I'm going to complain instead!".... great, but the intent here is to get hype, say what you like! I won't try to stop you if you wanna complain though ^_^

So the primary reason I'm hype about the new zone is because it fills a specific need for me, something I haven't had in this game for a long time. That need is, something to do inbetween other stuff. For example, let's say it's Burst Alert Daily Day! Yay! No wait not yay sometimes you gotta stand around doing nothing while waiting for the que to pop o3o now, with the new zone, on BAD Day (teehee :3c) I can do stuff in the new zone in between Burst ques! This is also the case for Rampages... waiting for a Rampage to pop? Get some dailies done! Shoot I'll even be doing this while I wait for a TA group to fillup, or for the Cosmic Kaijus to come off cooldown.

Also as a secondary, sometimes I'm done doing things that get me stuff for the day but I still have the desire to play... often this ends up with me just bouncing around randomly killing things. I can now do that in the new zone o3o Also, since there is now more stuff to do that gets me stuff, it will take longer to get to that point! Yay more \oDo/

Comments

• beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    I'm super pumped about the new zone. The new rewards look awesome - I've wanted that double cape thingie from Nemcon FOREVER. Like you said, this will also be a great place to adventure and hang out while waiting for the daily/Alert/etc que to pop as well.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    lunadance_by_warpout-d4vaayz.gif​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

Toot toot!
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    It's . . . a . . . new . . . zone!
    that is all.
    I never thought I'd hear those words anywhere near CO ever again. For that I am grateful.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Generically pleasant forum post about the new content arriving in the very near future.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    aesica said:

Toot toot!

The HHHYYYYYPPPEEE TRAAAIIIN! (in the Soul Train announcer's voice)

People all over MC, join hands,
    Start a Hype Train, Hype Train.
    People all over MC, join hands,
    Start a Hype Train, Hype Train.

The next stop that we make will be the Q-Warzone.
    Tell all the folks in Westside, and Canada too.
    Dont you know that it's time to zone on in
    and let this train, keep on riding, riding on through.

(Sung to "Love Train" by The O'Jays)

Oh yeah.. I'm all in for the new zone. Yeah.. a new zone; something for my young alts to look forward to and something new for my current level 40's to check out and get new loot. I hope the devs add more goods to the zone before it goes live!

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    normal-25.gifyes, new ways to die quickly, so I can get my Dead as a dodo perk.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• fluffykitty1fluffykitty1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Boop \o/
    Hoi =^w^=

Here to make Forums Fluffy =^w^=
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    I really liked the environment from the pics ive seen so far.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    It will be interesting to see what kind of promos and hype CO itself can get out into the wider gaming world.

It's be kind of cool if they could run something that ties into the Dr. Strange movie, which, admittedly, is a few months out, but still this is a new magic-themed zone.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I am happy they picked the Qliphothic for the new zone, and that the devs took many player PTS suggestions.
    Also, I am happy that the new zone is designed for pairs and teams. I prefer playing with others than flying solo.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    It will be nice to see. I am still hoping for new dungeon content to, but new zones are always a plus. Now if we could just steal Risa from STO for our own summer event.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

lunadance_by_warpout-d4vaayz.gif​​

Will give Satan Pony her due. The year shes been main dev of this game s**ts improved. This is as about as hyped as I can get for anything.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    uh, glad to be around in the best days of CO so far
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    edited August 2016
    gradii said:

It will be nice to see. I am still hoping for new dungeon content to, but new zones are always a plus. Now if we could just steal Risa from STO for our own summer event.

So where in the CU would be a good beach location? Vibora beach?
    Could have night time beach bonfires. (since it's never daytime in vibora is it)
    There's an actual exclusive/private resort island for Super Heroes in the Champions Lore. I just can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Found my thread on it.

@bulgarex even mentioned this exclusive resort as it was called Gran Cienelago Island.

Qick lore; Victor Putnam, the retired 60s superhero Silver Shield, built a secret Caribbean resort for superheroes to relax. Its true nature concealed by advanced technology, only proven superheroes are invited to vacation here.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Am I hyped? Not really. Nevertheless, the game has needed "something new" for a long time; here's hoping I can find some fun. That is, that WE can find some fun. (Even if I don't, in particular, if someone else does, then that's cool.)

I've been to the Qliphothic dimension before (if I'm remembering correctly), in an adventure pack (or something). But that was 2-3 years ago. All I remember about it was that Defender and his crew came to help, and the entire team flubbed out and I couldn't complete the mission.

I think I'd be more hyped if the new zone was something else, but who knows--at least it's a new zone to explore.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    chaelk said:

normal-25.gifyes, new ways to die quickly, so I can get my Dead as a dodo perk.​​

I'll be looking for that one, too. :smile:
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Plenty of interesting things for supers in the Caribbean besides Gran Cienelago. They could be combined into a substantial zone.

I will now cease to derail the hype train. o:)
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    actually from what I remember from Pnp, any supers, not just heroes could go there but it was neutral territory. No fihghts allowed.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    chaelk said:

Some of us didn't need a new zone to have this perk already.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    chaelk said:

actually from what I remember from Pnp, any supers, not just heroes could go there but it was neutral territory. No fights allowed.​​

That was Sanctuary, from an earlier incarnation of the Champions Universe. Too many people found it strained credulity too much to have heroes peacefully socialize with wanted, sometimes murderous villains; and for the international community to allow villains to congregate there unmolested. So it was revised when the setting was rebooted. Gran Cienelago Island is only for superheroes, and the heroes are motivated by concerns of privacy and security to keep its existence secret outside their community.

But villains can still find refuge in the (Champions fictional) country of Taqiristan, in central Asia... if they're willing to pay through the nose for the privilege.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Can't even get a full page of positivity around here, lel
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    bulgarex said:

chaelk said:

actually from what I remember from Pnp, any supers, not just heroes could go there but it was neutral territory. No fights allowed.​​

That was Sanctuary, from an earlier incarnation of the Champions Universe. Too many people found it strained credulity too much to have heroes peacefully socialize with wanted, sometimes murderous villains; and for the international community to allow villains to congregate there unmolested. So it was revised when the setting was rebooted. Gran Cienelago Island is only for superheroes, and the heroes are motivated by concerns of privacy and security to keep its existence secret outside their community.

But villains can still find refuge in the (Champions fictional) country of Taqiristan, in central Asia... if they're willing to pay through the nose for the privilege.
    Sanctuary just needs a good backstory to explain why it's neutral.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

bulgarex said:

chaelk said:

No, just no. Considering heros and villains have a tendency to throw down I don't think in any sense of the word would you be able to give a back story to make that plausible. Pocket D in CoV tried to hand wave with a suppression field idea but with cosmically powerful heroes and villains that credibility was just not there.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    spinnytop said:

Can't even get a full page of positivity around here, lel

Seriously how long have you lurked here. You expected different?
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Frankly, I see very very little negativity here. I wouldn't count side-talk about lore "negative".

Me, I'm torn between waiting for it to be finished and exploring on test, but either way, looking forward to it! :)
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png

Frankly, I see very very little negativity here. I wouldn't count side-talk about lore "negative".

Me, I'm torn between waiting for it to be finished and exploring on test, but either way, looking forward to it! :)

Because Dude its all just in jest. We all hyped for new area ^o^
    CO moaning though and other MMO moaning are two different things. Have you seen the sh*t WoW players moan about.

*CO moaning is normally just Gradii making frowny faces*
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

bulgarex said:

chaelk said:

No, just no. Considering heros and villains have a tendency to throw down I don't think in any sense of the word would you be able to give a back story to make that plausible. Pocket D in CoV tried to hand wave with a suppression field idea but with cosmically powerful heroes and villains that credibility was just not there.
    Maybe if it was run by Malvans? :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'm hyped for the new content and I think placing it in the Q realm makes sense. I'm really hoping it ties up some of the loose ends storywise with Shadow Destroyer and the Crowns of Krim.

edited August 2016

Never said there was any.

Yay a second page! Maybe there is hope for this community yet.
    beezeeze said:

I'm hyped for the new content and I think placing it in the Q realm makes sense to me. I'm really hoping it ties up some of the loose ends storywise with Shadow Destroyer and the Crowns of Krim.

Yus. Next they can tie up Whiteout. I mean, there has to be some reason that garbage can in Rencen always gets targeted... and that one vendor in the recog building showing up as an enemy is pretty suspicious!
    nepht said:

He's not even the most negative person tho :p by comparison to the worst he's a ray of sunshine
    spinnytop said:

nepht said:

He's not even the most negative person tho :p by comparison to the worst he's a ray of sunshine

I Hope CO Raph doesn't murder me for that :{

If I die Foxi tell my husband I hate him.

edited August 2016
    spinnytop said:

Yus. Next they can tie up Whiteout. I mean, there has to be some reason that garbage can in Rencen always gets targeted... and that one vendor in the recog building showing up as an enemy is pretty suspicious!

Cybermind and Mechanon was pretty much the follow up to Whiteout. I think Mechanon could have been done better, but maybe a revisit sometime with a much improved Mechanon in the future.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

spinnytop said:

Cybermind and Mechanon was pretty much the follow up to Whiteout. I think Mechanon could have been done better, but maybe a revisit sometime with a much improved Mechanon in the future.
    I never even got the slightest impression that those missions had anything to do with the Roin'esh.
    edited August 2016
    I've seen people suggest that it was Mechanon who was secretly commanding the roin'esh but there doesn't seem to be much evidence to support that other than the cryptic ending of whiteout(also doesn't mechanon hate all organic life...why would he use shapeshifitng goo aliens to do his dirty work?)

The streel crusade stuff doesn't seem to have anything to do with the roin'esh, and as for fatal error...well it does let us revisit cyberlord...so I suppose it ties in a little.
    Post edited by beezeeze on

beezeeze said:

I've seen people suggest that it was Mechanon who was secretly commanding the roin'esh but there doesn't seem to be much evidence to support that other than the cryptic ending of whiteout(also doesn't mechanon hate all organic life...why would he use shapeshifitng goo aliens to do his dirty work?)

The streel crusade stuff doesn't seem to have anything to do with the roin'esh, and as for fatal error...well it does let us revisit cybermind...so I suppose it ties in a little.

The mysterious benefactor was Mechanon, and Mechanon manipulated Cybermind into attacking SOCRATES to. There's plenty of evidence.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

The mysterious benefactor was Mechanon, and Mechanon manipulated Cybermind into attacking SOCRATES to. There's plenty of evidence.

Then please describe that evidence. The Roin'esh are disgusting biologicals and not his style (and I don't recall the mysterious benefactor having a metallic voice), and in general Mechanon has a tendency to sign his work, though Cybermind's tech does somewhat resemble Mechanon's style. Given the timeline (Whiteout came out after Resistance) it's probably Dr Destroyer.

Then please describe that evidence. The Roin'esh are disgusting biologicals and not his style (and I don't recall the mysterious benefactor having a metallic voice), and in general Mechanon has a tendency to sign his work, though Cybermind's tech does somewhat resemble Mechanon's style. Given the timeline (Whiteout came out after Resistance) it's probably Dr Destroyer.
    Mechanon is not above using biologics for his goals, like any other thing, and using said information to gain data. The code at the end and the simple fact the The End...? was in space was evidence of that. Then add onto that you never hear the benefactor speak at all in when the Roin'Esh commander is arguing with the computer. Add into the fact Mechanon would to distract from himself as much as possible and we know the Roin'Esh were escapees from the Malvan's so it wasn't a Malvan benefactor, using the Roin'Esh desire to escape would be right up Mechanon's alley.

Onto the fact that Cybermind was lost in Cyberspace shows that someone better than him at cyber manipulation was involved. And then you have to consider how Cybermind even got tech like that to begin with while in prison. And the fact that the boss of the SOCRATES part of the mission was a spider was just another clue.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @championshewolf
    The story telling in CO is way more obvious and heavy handed than that and there are VERY strong arguments against your theories.
    I suspect that this story was to be resolved with the star guardian introduction and some kind of end game involving a moon base/space station.
    It would be nice if a dev could chime in.

This is one of those times when I would defer to @bulgarex

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.

Well then I guess my question to Mr. Mechanon would be "Sir? What was your plan?". Like, what did White Out accomplish that lead to Steel Crusade? Did the gooeys purposely crash a ship so that Mechanon could float over and acquire it? Was it about that cube thingy we never heard about again and that Mechanon clearly didn't need to proceed with his plans in Steel Crusade? If the two are tied together and Steel Crusade was the part 2 then... well... Sir? What was your plan?

This feels like that one meme...

Step 1: Have Roinesh go to canada and get cube thingy
    Step 2: Show up and try to acquire their crashed ship
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Attack Millenium City with nano bot disease thingy

Like who is their planner... Albert Wesker?
    spinnytop said:

nepht said:

Now now cupcake, don't confuse "a passionate desire to see this game made better for everyone (instead of just a small handful)" with "the sky is falling! DOOOOOOOOOM!"
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    A new steel crusade mission could solve all these things... but yeah, hopefully that is the next warzone imo. The devs should focus on Shadow Destroyer and all that magic stuff first(because if you were paying attention the magic stuff takes precedence in the CO setting)......but for sure the next biggest threat is all dem dam robutts.

aesica said:

spinnytop said:

nepht said:

Now now cupcake, don't confuse "a passionate desire to see this game made better for everyone (instead of just a small handful)" with "the sky is falling! DOOOOOOOOOM!"
    You're right Nepht... say something related to someone and they just show right up o3o why does that always happen when you're involved?

Let's see if we can make it happen again.... Some people are really upset about the 2 Gun Mojo change.
    *waits*
    spinnytop said:

aesica said:

spinnytop said:

nepht said:

You're right Nepht... say something related to someone and they just show right up o3o why does that always happen when you're involved?
    What can I say? I know how trolls operate. We always end up going head to head about everything, so of course I'm going to be who you're talking about as "the worst in terms of negativity." Luckily, I can live with that, because overall you're pretty irrelevant.
    gosh you two get a room already.

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Developing a whole new space zone would probably require a lot of work from scratch, unlike the "new" Q zone which just repruposes an existing resource. I'm betting most new content will be similar; e.g. using desert, lemuria and vibora as stages for new missions. We might need a real surge in paying players to see a new scratch built zone.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

aesica said:

spinnytop said:

nepht said:

Let's see if we can make it happen again.... Some people are really upset about the 2 Gun Mojo change.
    *waits*
    I like the 2 Gun Mojo change.