test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 8/25/2016

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2016 in Release Notes
Questionite Store
  • Added Shadow material costumes.
  • Added preview images for Ice material costumes.

Nightmare Event
The Nightmare Event has been turned on for this week!
  • Added Lunar hovertank to Golden Seraph's store.
  • Added Golden Seraph action figure to Golden Seraph's store.
  • Added Chilling Howl and Inspire devices to Golden Seraph's store.
  • Added some preview images to the Nightmare event items.
  • Removed the duplicate Golden Seraph in zone.

Device/Power Changes
  • Anniversary Event XP and Resource boosters now have a month long timer. This affects existing items.
  • Plasma Beam has been changed into a toggle (from a maintain) to address some issues it was having when paired with other power armor abilities.
  • Fire All Weapons has been changed into a toggle (from a maintain) to address some issues it was having when paired with other power armor abilities.

New Device Types
We're introducing some short cooldown devices that have nifty little animations attached to them and provide minor team buffs.

New Effect: Inspiration
Provides a 2.5% bonus to all damage to you and nearby players for 30 seconds (target cap of 5). Cannot be stacked by any player.
Note: There is a known bug where the buff may not always apply to allies. This will be addressed by next week.

Resistance Leader Megaphone
  • Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds (from 120).
  • Removed charge time (was 3 seconds).
  • Reduced target cap to 5 (from 10).
  • Now applies the Inspiration buff.

New Device: Chilling Roar
  • Applies Inspiration to nearby allies.

New Device: Inspire
  • Applies Inspiration to nearby allies.

Anniversary Gift
  • Anniversary Gift devices can now only drop costumes, XP boosters and Resource boosters when the Anniversary event is active.
​​

Comments

• royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    "Cannot be stacked by any player."

Can multiple players stack inspiration?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    2.5% bonus all dmg strength? what happened to 5%? I hope the bonus increases in rank. Wanted to get Chilling Roar since it might be useful during Dino fight. That is assuming Dino fights will still happen.

Nevermind. They were just devices. God, I thought they were new powers....
    Post edited by chaosdrgnz43 on
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Might be useful to tell people where the devices can be found?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Plasma Beam has been changed into a toggle (from a maintain) to address some issues it was having when paired with other power armor abilities.
    Fire All Weapons has been changed into a toggle (from a maintain) to address some issues it was having when paired with other power armor abilities.

​​
    The problem with this is the same as all PA toggles. If you use a keybind to "toggle" your block, you can't just activate a PA power until you stop blocking.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • ussharringtonussharrington Posts: 32 Arc User

Might be useful to tell people where the devices can be found?

If you read Kaiserin's post you will see she has already advised these can be found in Golden Seraph's store.
    kaizerin said:

Nightmare Event
    The Nightmare Event has been turned on for this week!

Added Lunar hovertank to Golden Seraph's store.
    Added Golden Seraph action figure to Golden Seraph's store.
    Added Chilling Howl and Inspire devices to Golden Seraph's store.
    Added some preview images to the Nightmare event items.
    Removed the duplicate Golden Seraph in zone.

• kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Anniversary Gift

• Anniversary Gift devices can now only drop costumes, XP boosters and Resource boosters when the Anniversary event is active.
    ​​
    Hmm.. This is good to know, but is this a mistaken copy/paste from the test server or will Anniversary Gifts drop during the Nightmare Event? :smiley:
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    kyastral said:

kaizerin said:

Anniversary Gift

​​
    Hmm.. This is good to know, but is this a mistaken copy/paste from the test server or will Anniversary Gifts drop during the Nightmare Event? :smiley:
    People can theoretically have leftover gift devices from last year. I think I have a few sitting around.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    We will be bringing the game down tomorrow for a patch to lower the Millennium city player cap to 50 for this event, which should help with lag.​​
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    Nice, so all my anniversary experience boosters that I had now are "expired" and gone with this patch. THANK YOU very much for removing item drops from my bank I needed the spots (not!). While we are at it how about we start removing characters next or items. Like how my overflow bag was suddenly empty when I logged in that is also neat. Or how my Luchador items which I bought for Acclaim are now BOUND for no reason at all. Thank you very much for making this worse for players, CO certainly needs more of this stuff.

This patch is truly in CO's spirit. Screw the players more and more until they get used to it and think it's normal. I've been in this game for years and not once have I seen CO get a patch that does not in some way or form screw players over.

Why are items removed from my inventory bank? Why are MY items that were BOE now bound? Why is my overflow bag empy when I log in?

• jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    nightr0d said:

I've been in this game for years and not once have I seen CO get a patch that does not in some way or form screw players over.

lol @ this guy... c'mon.
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    jonesing4 said:

nightr0d said:

I've been in this game for years and not once have I seen CO get a patch that does not in some way or form screw players over.

lol @ this guy... c'mon.
    How long have you been in CO?

lol @ this guy c'mon
  • gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    guess that makes a mess of my free stuff to give away character

edit/update :- yup big holes in his inventory now from stuff I was going to give away for free in events, I know a lot were anniversary boosters , but it seems more than that ,I can't be sure but im wondering what else has gone .

fine put an expire date on new stuff , but the older legacy drops were worth keeping for when you needed it , I feel like you just picked my pocket
    Post edited by gogoginga1 on
  • thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    kaizerin said:

Anniversary Gift

Anniversary Gift devices can now only drop costumes, XP boosters and Resource boosters when the Anniversary event is active.

​​

does this mean no more anniversary cake and soda? ... *sniff* ... this will make for a sad piffle.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Bug:
    Wrist Bolter + Automated Assault advantage is over-riding 3 other HAND slot Power Armor powers and toggling them back OFF. These are: Concussor Beam, Plasma Beam, and Fire All Weapons.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    warcanch said:

Bug:
    Wrist Bolter + Automated Assault advantage is over-riding 3 other HAND slot Power Armor powers and toggling them back OFF. These are: Concussor Beam, Plasma Beam, and Fire All Weapons.

That is not a bug, that is as intended. Using Automated Assault turns your Wrist Bolters into a HAND slot power when other Power Armor Slotted (Shoulder, Chest Slot) powers are activated. As such it will lockout other Hand Slot Powers. This is because you can ONLY have ONE power in any one slot active at a time.
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    after this "update" i think its time to start looking for a different form of entertainment, cause it seems they dont want me around here anymore
    does this mean no more anniversary cake and soda? ... *sniff* ... this will make for a sad piffle.

The rest of the items will drop year-round from the gifts, just not those items.​​
    Release Notes:
    From now until the end of September Millennium City will have a 50 player cap limit to accommodate the events that will be running. Setting a lower player limit will help with the lag players have been experiencing.​​
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Worked well last time. Give a Wet Willie to whomever forgot yesterday. :D
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • mafa1inmafa1in Posts: 35 Arc User

warcanch said:

Bug:

That is not a bug, that is as intended. Using Automated Assault turns your Wrist Bolters into a HAND slot power when other Power Armor Slotted (Shoulder, Chest Slot) powers are activated. As such it will lockout other Hand Slot Powers. This is because you can ONLY have ONE power in any one slot active at a time.
    Additionally, they finally fixed the bug where Automated assault took a long time before it activated again after being overridden by another hand slot. This fix is great!
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    Yep, however I think that interaction with Fire-All-Weapons that they mentioned is a bug however, because the way it was originally design is that it would take up ALL possible Toggle Slots, thus locking out all other Power Armor Systems. I haven't checked it's new changes yet. But that part of the person's post with it interacting with Wrist Bolters Automated Assault does sound an awful lot like a bug.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Yeah I was hoping I'd get a month to use my hoarded anniversary items, instead of having them disappear outright. Not awesome feels but I'm not going to flame out over it either.

I think Kaizerin and the rest of the Devs are doing a fantastic job with all the new powers, game balances, costume sets, new content, etc, etc...! Kudos!
  • extrasoft#7409 extrasoft Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Since this new update I have been having pretty serious gameplay issues. During Collossi fights I lose ALL my buffs, even my own passive, toggle and Energy Unlock fails to work:

postimg.org/image/a5pcf53wj

(copy and paste above link please, since apparently links are dangerous and I'm not allowed to post them "yet")

The 50 player cap has done nothing to help with this, but what's odd is that it never happened before during the last NI event. This happens whether I am Lead Tempesting near the orbs or PBRing the Colossus from max range. Full zones. half empty zones, in team up or not, same bug.

(Would have posted in bugs section but apparently not allowed to create threads "yet")​​
    Post edited by extrasoft#7409 on
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User

Since this new update I have been having pretty serious gameplay issues. During Collossi fights I lose ALL my buffs, even my own passive, toggle and Energy Unlock fails to work:

postimg.org/image/a5pcf53wj

(copy and paste above link please, since apparently links are dangerous and I'm not allowed to post them "yet")

The 50 player cap has done nothing to help with this, but what's odd is that it never happened before during the last NI event. This happens whether I am Lead Tempesting near the orbs or PBRing the Colossus from max range. Full zones. half empty zones, in team up or not, same bug.

(Would have posted in bugs section but apparently not allowed to create threads "yet")​​

I can confirm this bug. It's happened on at least 2 of my toons. End is gone. Toggles gone. All I can do is sit and block till it pops back on. I'll make a post in the bug section including your post ;)

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Release Notes:
    From now until the end of September Millennium City will have a 50 player cap limit to accommodate the events that will be running. Setting a lower player limit will help with the lag players have been experiencing.

This runs into the other problem(ok a good problem) each zone was filled with half under 20's.so we had to try shuffling enough people to a zone to do colossus fights.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    The good news is that your chance of finding Onslaught Guardians goes up.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    nightr0d said:

How long have you been in CO?

lol @ this guy c'mon

Six years, why? Idiotic hyperbole doesn't help your point any. It just makes you look... well, you know.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    any notes for tomorrow's patch?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The anniversary boosts being permanent didn't hurt anyone, other then perhaps a few z-store items.(*Taking items away from people isn't going to encourage them to spend money in your store*) Those items being permanent gave incentive to keep hunting the presents after all the costumes had been unlocked.