test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC tried to forget about this and sneak this guy back in :P

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

Upcoming issue of Harley Quinn has Lobo you think nothing wrong here both funny characters.

Well...

Remember This ^

I must have been the only person on Earth that liked emo Lobo everyone else hated him.
Seems DC is silently sneaking in The Main Man's return wanting to brush emo version under rug like he never happened >_>

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I'd not going to pretend to know why they did that. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Considering how many times Lobo has been killed, mutilated, stabbed etc, he's unkillable so I doubt emo Lobo had a chance against killing him.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    What they should have done with "emo Lobo" is ya know....make a new character, instead of just trying to steal a name.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

What they should have done with "emo Lobo" is ya know....make a new character, instead of just trying to steal a name.

Too be fair Emo Lobo was a call back to Original Lobo (lets be honest he IS the original Lobo) I remember reading the comic he first appeared in ( yush ima old :C ). But Lobo fans want biker Lobo. The main man does have appeal ( I main him in Injustice :3 ) I just hope that they keep Emo Lobo as a bad guy in the Main Man's comics. There is room for both.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I hate the trope of "last of their race"...

I absolutely loved the story arc where the Psilons started cloning Czarnians!

I was hoping we'd end up with a group of them some where.... BUT.... the Main Man's greatest personality flaw is that he wants to wipe out his own race... except himself.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Yeah, lots of folks would like to ignore Original Flavor Lobo in favor of Extra-Crispy Biker Lobo (and honestly, looking back at his original appearance, it's hard to blame them), but I personally preferred New Lobo Lite - he looked and acted less like a caricature of what someone thought a Hell's Angel might like to read.​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Ive only seen him 3 times, he was on one of the Superman episodes where a collecter wanted him and superman for his endangerd species collection. And two comic issues i bought of him when it first came out:

^they where funny, but never really took off for me as a character aside from him messing with the locals during that biker rally.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    I loathed biker-Lobo. I never understood his popularity. I didn't know DC killed him and replaced him -- I would have cheered, except I would have been sure they would bring him back eventually. And guess what... :s
    bulgarex said:

I loathed biker-Lobo. I never understood his popularity. I didn't know DC killed him and replaced him -- I would have cheered, except I would have been sure they would bring him back eventually. And guess what... :s

Glad to see I wasnt the only one who didnt like him.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    But how many people would have jumped in if he was the Omegamen's purplepyjamawearingrandmahaireddingo... And not the fraggin'fragfragger...
    See...

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    I kinda liked biker Lobo. He's different. In a stupid muscle kind of way, but he makes sense as an extra terrestrial bounty hunter.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    did Disney buy DC comics now too?

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    Lobo the duck is part of the Amalgam crossover. He's a fusion of Lobo and Howard the duck.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    I had a comic where Lobo was hired by consortium of holiday mascots, represented by the Easter Bunny, to kill Santa. The comic ends with an epic machete dual between Santa Claus and Lobo, then Lobo using Santa's work shop to make bombs, and then using Santa's naughty list to wipe out "future competition" with the good being innocent bystanders. I loved that comic. Lobo is only good if he can be over the top horrible.
    edited August 2016
    guyhumual said:

I had a comic where Lobo was hired by consortium of holiday mascots, represented by the Easter Bunny, to kill Santa. The comic ends with an epic machete dual between Santa Claus and Lobo, then Lobo using Santa's work shop to make bombs, and then using Santa's naughty list to wipe out "future competition" with the good being innocent bystanders. I loved that comic. Lobo is only good if he can be over the top horrible.

He is a lot like Dr Doom that way just says random cheesy stuff. I can relate to them two.

Like one time I was standing near the hospital with the other CO villains , peeps like Xeno, Messiah, Luci and Roar and I went "hey instead of PvPing why dont we build a giant ray gun that fires cows at people?" you know a simple enough super villain suggestion.
    Well Xeno called me a Noob, Luci fell over, Roar got stuck in a wall somehow and Messiah told me to drink acid. Its was a magical moment, I felt we all grew a little more arsehole'ish and understood each other a little less.
    Post edited by nepht on
    edited August 2016
    nepht said:

Like one time I was standing near the hospital with the other CO villains , peeps like Xeno, Messiah, Luci and Roar and "I went hey instead of PvPing why dont we build a giant ray gun that fires cows at people?"

nepht said:

Well Xeno called me a Noob, Luci fell over, Roar got stuck in a wall somehow and Messiah told me to drink acid. Its was a magical moment, I felt we all grew a little more arsehole'ish and understood each other a little less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRlE5lRgK8

Welcome to champions online folks... XD

Post edited by catstarsto on

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    When editing quotes you must use a scalpel, not an ultra great sword.

Or else that happens.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    guyhumual said:

Didn't read this comic... but I saw the movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ooZYjF0mI

edited August 2016
    The Paramilitary X-mas Special is fraggin' fun!
    Great adaption from the comicbook.(shame about the picture quality)
    edited August 2016
    spinnytop said:

When editing quotes you must use a scalpel, not an ultra great sword.

Or else that happens.

Sry, it keeps getting away from me ^^;

...fixed btw

beezeeze said:

Didn't read this comic... but I saw the movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ooZYjF0mI

Wow, I didn't even know this existed!

The Paramilitary X-mas Special is fraggin' fun!
    Great adaption from the comicbook.(shame about the picture quality)

Indeed, I think I prefer the comic, but that was pretty damn amazing.
    That second apperance of the Easterbunny didn't happen in the comic, Lobo had his dog with him, and Santa and Lobo ended the comic with an epic machete duel, with Lobo cutting off Santa's head and quipping "They didn't call me Mr Machete in high school for nothing" but that adaptation was pretty darn good.
    They run out the budget with Lobo's muscle paints, so no doggie.