test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Using Talents to enhance Non SS, Versus using Talents to Enhance SS.

rsgouldrsgould Posts: 1 Arc User
Hi all,
I apologize in advance if this has already been covered and discussed.
The general purpose of this thread is to go over the pro's and con's of using Talents on superstats and secondary superstats. And the premise is - benefits to Stats have a diminishing return. With this being stated, the math indicates that the most using Talents will ever give a hero on any one superstat is 33. Most hero's range in the +200's for lvl 40 on superstats. The return on 33 for any one superstat is modest at best and can be exceeded with one secondary gear selection with a +37. So, why not build a better overall hero by using Talents to specifically enhance non superstats? For example, some of my hero's have a secondary gear with a +20 End to be able to get more power based on Rec value, but only a +10 was really needed to achieve this. By redoing the hero's Talents to exclude SS as much as possible I was able to get the desired value and didn't notice any significant drop in bonuses for SS. And I noticed a benefit to things like hold strength, knockback, etc. So, when I finished, none of the hero's stats were below 20 and some at the 25 and all superstats were still in an acceptable range for the hero to perform. The small increases to the non SS gave a good return for the bonuses they provided. So why waste slots to enhance non SS, when Talents work nicely and can leave those slots open for better, more signifcant increases in SS later in the hero's gear? In addition, it seems to build a much better well rounded hero for better overall game play?

I'm new so be kind here and although I used acronyms in the title to make it shorter, I won't always understand them in your replies.

Comments

• magentagemmagentagem Posts: 43 Arc User
    I don't think it's been covered before, but I'm actually curious what the cryptic math gorus will tell us!

When I build my rooms, I normally don't pick Rec or End as secondary superstats since some powers set combos don't require much energy management, while others do. In those that do require higher energy management, I think focusing on stats (Rec and End) outside of SS doesn't profoundly effect dmg output. It might indirectly effect by boosting DPS. I mean if you don't run out of juice, you'll keep on DPS'n.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    SS's still bring many benefits (general dmg/heal/threat bonuses depending on role, better slotted passive strength, better toggle/form buff- assuming one of ur SS's matches what scales up the toggle- ex. Int or Ego SS w/ Concentration). Some of these are subject to diminished return (mostly the 'passive/bonus dmg' -related ones), but not all.

That said, talents as a whole don't account for much by lvl 40 gearing standards, and usually its a good idea to pick up some Rec_End talents anyways to help w/ resting equilibrium and energy reserves. At early levels, most builds are going to be using the energy builder much more, and during that time more Rec/End an be nice, even if by max-lvl ur likely not energy building much anymore (or at all) if well-built.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    In practice 3 superstats is usually all you need. Form stat, Energy Unlock stat and Con. The first 2 give you energy, the last gives HP and all 3 have no diminishing returns. Only the damage related stuff does.

If the form stat is the same as the unlock, or the unlock stat is the same as Con, then even the primary superstat is just there to give you a nice primary superstat tree that rewards stacking the secondary stats.