test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do any villains use Q energy for high tech/science purposes?

This is for all my power armor/gadget/science themed heroes that feel out of place in a predominately magic themed Super Hero game.

I'm basically trying to see if there is any lore excuse to add tech/science elements to the Q warzone.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.

Comments

• Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    I feel your pain. The PnP-game version of the setting is most definitely not predominantly magic-themed, but what CO devs have chosen to develop skews rather heavily in that direction.

Let me just preface this by saying that lore-wise, the power of the Qliphothic universes (I can't bring myself to use that oversimplified "Q" designation) is too alien and corrupting, of body and mind, to be used for "good" purposes, at least over the long term. Anyone well-intentioned who tried to do so wouldn't stay that way for long.

That said, the technology of the Elder Worm often incorporates Qliphothic magic, in ways human practitioners of either discipline can't really understand (and trying to study it isn't good for one's sanity). But I could see a human finding or stealing an armored and armed Worm "humidity suit" for use in the War Zone.
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    I concur with gradii in principle, although I also sympathize with sigma's desire to thematically match the zone more closely.

Shadow Destroyer also blended magic with technology, so equipment left behind by him would be suitable.