test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160702.1520.11 - Bug Fixes/Circus Malvanum

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Misc
  • Removed Nighthawk's utility belt device from the questionite store. Some of the devices in this item will return at a later date.
  • Adjusted the Behavior Control Microchip mission item so it goes directly into your inventory to prevent the item drop from generating loot fx.
  • Adjusted the Behavior Control Microchip mission drops to no longer generate an item for every member of the team.
  • Fixed R3 Singularity Bomb vehicle weapon to have R3 stats.
  • Fixed naming errors for the Richochet Throw extra hits.
  • Fixed ranks for the Cut Down power.
  • Fixed Rain of Steel, Hawk's Talons, Righteous Fists and Vicious strikes advantages so they aren't a copy of the Reaper's Touch advantage.
  • Added Inner Peace advantage to TK Maelstrom.
  • Added Corrupt advantage to Vile lariat which refreshes all poisons on full charge.
  • Fixed poison refreshing not refreshing the Noxious Poison debuff.
  • Smoke Bomb's knock adv should give knock res now.
  • Fixed some of the new auras not working in the combat slot.
  • Fixed wall of ice not locking on a target.
  • Fixed Force Snap, Grapple Gun Pull, all Lariat powers and Chained Kunai from not triggering knock related powers like Enrage against knock immune targets.
  • Fixed Collective Will's costume.
  • Fixed Neuroelectric Pulse's root from breaking instantly and not proccing Manipulator.
  • Gave players who owned the Malevolent Manifestation advantage a free respec (you will not receive one if you recently bought the power). Removing the power and retaking it should fix any issues it had with proccing Manipulator.
  • Removed the Break Through advantage from Howl as this power was not intended to have break through. (It also does not use a primary target and could not use the advantage anyways).
  • Challenge! should now work with Howl.
  • Updated Break Through's description to state that it will only affect your primary target. This is just a description update.
  • Adjusted the speed that the Spotlight aura will follow you to prevent it from getting lost.
  • Fixed the Willpower buff not granting heals when hit.

Gold Subscriber Costume
  • Added August gold sub reward to the debugger.

Circus Malvanum
  • Added Cinder and Royal bikes to the Circus Malvanum store.
  • Added Ironclad's shoulders to the Circus Malvanum store.
  • Added preview images for some items in the Circus Malvanum store.
  • Adjusted droprates for Circus Malvanum gears rewarded from the sky race open mission. The initial reward is now 8 gears (previously 5). This amount will diminish by 1 every other time you complete the race.
  • After 10 runs the token rewards for the sky race will diminish to 1 token. After 20 hours this amount will reset back to the normal amount.
  • Changed the Unidentified Malvan Artifact mission item so it drops every time you complete the race. This item will now expire after 10 minutes if you don't turn it in for the mission.
  • Lowered the amount of gears you get from the daily to 35.
​​

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Gave players who owned the Malevolent Manifestation advantage a free respec (you will not receive one if you recently bought the power). Removing the power and retaking it should fix any issues it had with proccing Manipulator.

I didn't get a free retcon when the patch went live, and I won't get this one cause I already repurchased Ego Storm since then when I went through a full retcon of that character.

I'm fine.

Added Inner Peace advantage to TK Maelstrom.

What is Inner Peace? o3o
  • Options
    maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    Hey Kaiserin... any chance you guys could turn down the sound for the Rain Aura, please?
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Inner Peace is a Stim Pack like advantage, a Heal over Time effect.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options

Inner Peace is a Stim Pack like advantage, a Heal over Time effect.

Neat :smile:
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Time to get the old bike off the garage.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Do you think we could have a version of Nebulous Aura added which is pretty much the same/similar to Nocturne's?

Currently the ones we have are quite bright and I don't *think* they take to colouring very well...
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Any chance the "racetrack" in Circus Malvanum (is it really a circus at all?) could be made more visible? It's pretty bad when the biggest challenge is figuring out where the hell the racetrack is even supposed to be. There's one in particular that's so bad, myself and many others just plain skip it.

For a great example of how to set up a racetrack people can more easily follow, refer to STO's summer event daily mission, "Flying High." It's pretty much the same concept, except it's far less confusing and hair-ripping due to greatly improved track visibility.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Was the Automatic Race Failed issue fixed?
    You know being too fast for the rings to keep track of credit
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I didn't get a free retcon when the patch went live, and I won't get this one cause I already repurchased Ego Storm since then when I went through a full retcon of that character.

caf.gif

I'm fine.
    KNOCK KNOCK its KNUCKLES​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    It is a "circus" more in the ancient Roman sense, since the Malvans have a romanesque feel.

I also skip the "red" race, since a mix of missing and forgetting the turns makes it frustrating instead of fun . . . for me.
    I think there is a smaller group of players that actually prefer this much harder race.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    after i figured out the red race it was fun... the hard part, of course, was figuring it out
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    I drop the graphics quality in my game settings for the race. It helps a lot with completing the race.

I do wish there was a more reliable source of tokens. Getting the 900 it takes to unlock the bike and costume piece I want will require significant grinding.
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    maleb666 said:

Hey Kaiserin... any chance you guys could turn down the sound for the Rain Aura, please?

This. The sounds also carry over while inside the tailor. The sounds can be heard a little ways outside of the character render range as well. It has become a nuisance in close quarter locations like Caprice when you hear nothing but rain louder than any other game ambiance.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Speaking of sound, why doesn't vorpal blade have a snicker-snack sound?
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I hope one of these Circus Malvanum races would bring back Gladiator Shoulder Pads. The one from nemcon unlock by getting Hyperdimensional Shifthopper Armbands. If not, they should repurpose nemcon for it to be worth playing.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    maleb666 said:

PLEASE! THIS! I AM GOING INSANE! I literally can hear it from any character as if it were upclose in my face, no matter what distance they are from me, until they are literally no longer within my view.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    BUG: Slash's description has the same as Reaper's Caress.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    kaizerin said:

Gold Subscriber Costume

• Added August gold sub reward to the debugger.
    • ​​
    This gold sub reward is really nicely done, but something that would really make it 1000% more awesome would be if the wings themselves could be duplicated into the foot accessories category so that we could use them with boots other than the fantasy style ones they are currently with (so that we can choose more superhero style boots)..... or even with no boots.

The wings are an optional attachment for the boots so I'm gonna make a layman's guess and imagine that they are already a seperate model, so hopefully this wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Please consider this Kai, pretty please with a cherry on top.

photo winged boots.jpg

So, to re-cap....

SUGGESTION: Please duplicate the boot wings into the foot accessories category
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Do they flap?
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Circus Malvanum

• Adjusted droprates for Circus Malvanum gears rewarded from the sky race open mission. The initial reward is now 8 gears (previously 5). This amount will diminish by 1 every other time you complete the race.
    • After 10 runs the token rewards for the sky race will diminish to 1 token. After 20 hours this amount will reset back to the normal amount.
    • Changed the Unidentified Malvan Artifact mission item so it drops every time you complete the race. This item will now expire after 10 minutes if you don't turn it in for the mission.
    ​​

Hmm... wait a minute; so if the diminishing return by one gear will happen in every OTHER race (meaning 2 completed races will produce the same amount of gear) that means that you should be able to run the race more than 10 times.

Every 2 races I should get the same amount of gear; for example, races 1 and 2 should be 8 gears, races 3 and 4 should be 7 gears, races 5 and 6 should be 6 gears, races 7 and 8 should be 5 gears, races 9 and 10 should be 4 gears. I would be missing out on getting 3 gears twice and 2 gears twice since the diminishing returns bottoms out at 1 after 10 races.

Please clarify the gear distrubution for the races as it is a bit confusing to me.

• Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Removed Nighthawk's utility belt device from the questionite store. Some of the devices in this item will return at a later date.

Ah, the Resurrection Serum not popular? Shame.

Circus Malvanum again, btw? C'mon. Some events aren't worth the trouble.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

Do they flap?

No.
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

​​
    Another invisible 20 hour timer? Does it extend the duration if you accidentally do a race 1 minute before the reset? These timers need to all reset at the same time each day, like Questionite refinement. Players cannot keep track of invisible timers and shouldn't be expected to.
  • Options

This gold sub reward is really nicely done, but something that would really make it 1000% more awesome would be if the wings themselves could be duplicated into the foot accessories category so that we could use them with boots other than the fantasy style ones they are currently with (so that we can choose more superhero style boots)..... or even with no boots.

Please consider this Kai, pretty please with a cherry on top.

SUGGESTION: Please duplicate the boot wings into the foot accessories category

Oh Please Please Please!

A wing attachment for the feet would be super duper wicked amazong!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User

Do they flap?

No.
    bummer
  • Options
    kyastral said:

kaizerin said:

Circus Malvanum

​​

Hmm... wait a minute; so if the diminishing return by one gear will happen in every OTHER race (meaning 2 completed races will produce the same amount of gear) that means that you should be able to run the race more than 10 times.

Every 2 races I should get the same amount of gear; for example, races 1 and 2 should be 8 gears, races 3 and 4 should be 7 gears, races 5 and 6 should be 6 gears, races 7 and 8 should be 5 gears, races 9 and 10 should be 4 gears. I would be missing out on getting 3 gears twice and 2 gears twice since the diminishing returns bottoms out at 1 after 10 races.

Please clarify the gear distrubution for the races as it is a bit confusing to me.

8 8 7 7 6 6 5 5 4 4 1 1 1 1 1
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Oh, those are nice boots.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    daveyj3daveyj3 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    the auras are great, but yes to toning down rain sounds, and also, most of them dont seem to work correctly in the combat aura slot. also, yes please to getting the wings as foot details separate from the shoes. xD and also as maybe a head detail option. plz thx. also, the wings themselves are a little high up on the leg and might look better cloer to the heelsince they are so big, donchya thank?

also, still missing 4 things: bluejay leg tights pattern, and leg accessory wrapped straps [for males], leg tribal straps[for males], and leg knife tribal[for males]. thank you for your time.

awesome work lately, super luck to have y'alls talent.
    Post edited by daveyj3 on
  • Options
    glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    Rebuke doesn't have "Challenge!". Any other former CS powers are missing it too?
  • Options
    thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    i would like to support the suggestion of the wings of the winged boots being available as foot accessories. will be awesome (or, rather awsomer, as they are already pretty awesome)!
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    There was also a update to the look and organization to the drifter store, unless I just missed notes on that

Removed Nighthawk's utility belt device from the questionite store. Some of the devices in this item will return at a later date.

Hopefully they come back as individual items at lower prices. For most people, buying a pack for 4k Q is not worth it for the 1 resurrection serum you wanted. Likewise, using the other devices was nothing more than theme since you only get 1 of each for the 4k.

Multi-use or permanent versions would be much more preferred.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Manipulator is behaving very oddly at R3. After awhile all of it's stacks drop to zero. It stays at zero for some time before eventually going back up to R3. I'm assuming this must be a bug as no other toggle does this.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    i also noticed that aside from the boots being a little different [which im fine with], the wings are actually different on male boots versus female boots. would it be possible to have both options as wings1 and wings2 detail available for both sexes? i really like the female wings design better, but generally play males, and would want these specifically for my main who is male.

[also as a foot options xD ty for your time.]
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    BUG: Ego Storm's MM adv no longer seems to give Manip stacks when taken w/ Rank 2. It works proeprly w/ MM + Rank 1, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    BUGTateklys Action figure.
    Icon 1.
    wrong%20name_zpsuzhajhj6.png
    Icon 2.
    wrong%20name%202_zpsqvgcxq0u.png​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    glortor said:

Rebuke doesn't have "Challenge!". Any other former CS powers are missing it too?

Lead Tempest doesn't have a taunt adv anymore, which was a bummer for my pistols tank.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User

Manipulator is behaving very oddly at R3. After awhile all of it's stacks drop to zero. It stays at zero for some time before eventually going back up to R3. I'm assuming this must be a bug as no other toggle does this.

can confirm. although not sure if i was lagging or not.
  • Options
    BUG: Fester advantage on Vile Lariat does not apply the effect to targets, or does not show a debuff icon on the target.
  • Options
    daveyj3 said:

i also noticed that aside from the boots being a little different [which im fine with], the wings are actually different on male boots versus female boots. would it be possible to have both options as wings1 and wings2 detail available for both sexes? i really like the female wings design better, but generally play males, and would want these specifically for my main who is male.

[also as a foot options xD ty for your time.]

This made me go back into the PTS and look at the male wings and yup, they are really nice too!

photo WingedBoot Compare.jpg

Please give us these wings as foot accessories too please devs.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Wooooot! Thanks for duplicating the wings into the foot accessories category for female models @kaizerin , unfortunately they are not present on the male models under foot accessories. Can we have them for male toons too please.

Nevermind Kai, you already told me it was just an unlock issue :D
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Suggestion:
    Improve the normalmap for the soles of the boots. It's now very smooth which looks a bit odd.
  • Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User

Wooooot! Thanks for duplicating the wings into the foot accessories category for female models @kaizerin , unfortunately they are not present on the male models under foot accessories. Can we have them for male toons too please.

Nevermind Kai, you already told me it was just an unlock issue :D

Hi, just checking, is this a known issue and it's being worked on, or is there a workaround already pls?

I'm cool either way, so long as I can utilise the pieces. Really appreciating my LTS right now, this is great stuff.

Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    If you unlock the piece for the first time, I think the foot accessory is available on both genders. Not on live yet, of course.

• Options
    tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User

If you unlock the piece for the first time, I think the foot accessory is available on both genders. Not on live yet, of course.

Cool, thx, I'll just wait for tomorrow's patch to fix it then.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    BUG

Ranking up Feint does not increase the damage or the stun duration of the power.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options

Cool, thx, I'll just wait for tomorrow's patch to fix it then.
    i hope we get both wing options for both genders, because i really like the female ones better the more i see them :'[
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    xrazamax said:

There was also a update to the look and organization to the drifter store, unless I just missed notes on that

Hopefully they come back as individual items at lower prices. For most people, buying a pack for 4k Q is not worth it for the 1 resurrection serum you wanted. Likewise, using the other devices was nothing more than theme since you only get 1 of each for the 4k.

Multi-use or permanent versions would be much more preferred.
    True, but it was easy to get back that 4k Q via daily alerts. I think the serum will be eliminated (like Servitor Serum was) and the other items may return at a higher rate in the recognition/drifter store(s), or at a higher rate (and only available) in the Lady Nighthawk store when the NIghthawk event goes live again.

I hope that the devices return as permanent versions; there are too many temporary devices in this game.

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    kyastral said:

I hope that the devices return as permanent versions; there are too many temporary devices in this game.

I definitely agree with this. I also suspect I'm not the only person who disregards most temporary devices, seeing them as "not worth the bother."
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    If they do return as permanent devices...you'd better hope they don't all cost an arm and a leg to buy or have incredible restrictions :tongue:
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

If they do return as permanent devices...you'd better hope they don't all cost an arm and a leg to buy or have incredible restrictions :tongue:

I'm sure they will return with huge CDs as permanent items.
  • Options

I'm sure they will return with huge CDs as permanent items.
    Heh...thats a very good point.

This discussion has been closed.