test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ for Bindings/Commands

Comments

• heilkittyheilkitty Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi there, and kudos for this useful guide!
    I'm sure my question has been covered already somewhere in the thread, but I could't find anything with the search option. So here I go: is there a keybind to tap-spam a charge power as long as a button is held down? E.g. pressing down a button for 2 seconds to get 4 taps of a blast attack rather than 1 full charge.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    heilkitty wrote: »
    Hi there, and kudos for this useful guide!
    I'm sure my question has been covered already somewhere in the thread, but I could't find anything with the search option. So here I go: is there a keybind to tap-spam a charge power as long as a button is held down? E.g. pressing down a button for 2 seconds to get 4 taps of a blast attack rather than 1 full charge.

As you described it, NO. And, that is by design.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    edited July 2013
    warcanch wrote: »
    As you described it, NO. And, that is by design.
    I'm pretty sure it's not game breaking or anything, it's just a quality of life improvement for my fingers. But whatever. Sorry dude (or rather, SORRY dude).
    edited July 2013
    I'm pretty sure it's not game breaking or anything, it's just a quality of life improvement for my fingers. But whatever. Sorry dude (or rather, SORRY dude).

Sorry if my post seemed hostile or something. Was simply trying to emphasize. Too much? :rolleyes:

edited July 2013
    warcanch wrote: »
    Sorry if my post seemed hostile or something. Was simply trying to emphasize. Too much? :rolleyes:
    Yes, a bit too much :D Thanks for the change in tone, I'm glad things didn't escalate the way they usually do on the internet.
    I believe using a tap-spam macro is entirely legitimate, as it gives about the same performance advantage as sitting on a more comfortable chair while playing. Still, the line between utility and cheating is somewhat subjective. If you don't feel like sharing the info, then I'd rather not insist.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm pretty sure that the only way you'll get that to work is with a keyboard or gaming device with a Turbo setting, or something similar.
    Try autohotkey.
    Use a script there.
    That's what I do XD
    edited July 2013
    Yes, a bit too much :D Thanks for the change in tone, I'm glad things didn't escalate the way they usually do on the internet.
    I believe using a tap-spam macro is entirely legitimate, as it gives about the same performance advantage as sitting on a more comfortable chair while playing. Still, the line between utility and cheating is somewhat subjective. If you don't feel like sharing the info, then I'd rather not insist.

I like macros for certain things, as well. I have a G19 keyboard that can bind macros. However, Champs just doesn't have any legitimate (and still functionally in-game) commands to do tap-spam macros.

I know that if I put a plus on the powerslotexec, it makes that power do a TAP (iirc). While doing a powertrayexec 1 # will maintain or chargeup a power in that slot (as always, the # is pictured slot number minus one - a power in spot #4 would be considered slot 3)

The problem is, if you try to put more than one power to be tapped or charged up, you usually wind up with only one of them doing something. One caveat is that a FEW powers can be combined in this method. But, it has been a LONG time since I've played and attempted to combine them, that I don't remember which they are.

• bobsy26bobsy26 Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please help with this, it's driving me insane.

Every time I use the middle mouse button the chat window flashes up with Unknown command "(null)"

This would be fine, but it's the button I use to toggle mouselook.

I'm guessing the problem is some outdated command is also bound to the button, but I'm really struggling to unbind the button. How?
    edited January 2014
    bobsy26 wrote: »
    Please help with this, it's driving me insane.

Every time I use the middle mouse button the chat window flashes up with Unknown command "(null)"

This would be fine, but it's the button I use to toggle mouselook.

I'm guessing the problem is some outdated command is also bound to the button, but I'm really struggling to unbind the button. How?

Bind that button to something innocuous and you don't have bound, like LOOK UP. Select OK, use the key once, then go back and CLEAR the button from LOOK UP and set it to what you want.

• coneuroniaconeuronia Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Looking for something that will set up part of my numpad (7, 8, 9, +) to orient my character to a teammate and execute a heal or whatnot (let's say Palliate for the sake of a command string). Anything like that possible?

Amelie Layclaire - Lightning and Wind (40)
    Solution Five - Gadgets and Subterfuge (40)
    Dodgeball Kara - Support and Ebon Ruin (40)
    Relentless Pursuit - Fire and Force (35)
    Rear Window - Homage - Icy Disposition (20)
    Teaming with @shottymario and hoping to meet you all ingame.
  • tarkauntarkaun Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Trying to find out why I can't drop a non-energy builder into the default#1 power tray slot.

Any work-around/setting for that?

Thanks
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tarkaun wrote: »
    Trying to find out why I can't drop a non-energy builder into the default#1 power tray slot.
    Because the power tray slot #1 is reserved for energy builders.
    tarkaun wrote: »
    Any work-around/setting for that?
    You can bind the '1' key to whatever power you want.
  • tarkauntarkaun Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Because the power tray slot #1 is reserved for energy builders.

You can bind the '1' key to whatever power you want.

Sometimes I manually click, guess I'll just leave it empty.

Thanks for the response.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Alright I'm having a VASTLY difficult time comprehending this topic, Can someone tell me; Is it possible to macro a power to activate whenever I would move? *With WASD* Specifically, I'd like it so I could activate Conviction while moving, so I don't have to think about having to activate it as much.
    Alright I'm having a VASTLY difficult time comprehending this topic, Can someone tell me; Is it possible to macro a power to activate whenever I would move? *With WASD* Specifically, I'd like it so I could activate Conviction while moving, so I don't have to think about having to activate it as much.

That would only work when first pressing the WASD keys, holding them down while running in one direction for a while would not keep reactivating conviction.

But anyway, the keybinds would be something like:
    /bind w "+PowerTrayExec 1 $$ +forward"
    /bind s "+PowerTrayExec 1 $$ +backward"
    /bind a "+PowerTrayExec 1 $$ +left"
    /bind d "+PowerTrayExec 1 $$ +right"

You do need to change the PowerTrayExec number to match the conviction slot, you can find a the numbers here:
    http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2011/05/co-powertrayexec.png
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've never tried key binding before (complete newb) and so a lot of the terminology is alien to me. Could use some help.

How do I set up a key bind to the T key to target myself with Palliate?

I have a couple characters that I'd like to key bind battle cries to. What is the set up for that?

Many thanks!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For palliate:
    /bind t "target_self $$ +PowerTrayExec 1"
    And again change the PowerTrayExec number to suit your setup.

But for most builds I would just disable the assist on attack (or something like that, I don't have CO available atm) option, that way you can just keep your target selected while using palliate on yourself.

For battlecries, note this is an educated guess since I can't test things:
    /bind <some key> "local <your text> $$ +PowerTrayExec <some number>"
    edited January 2015
    Thanks! The self target works great. No more accidentally absolving the tank for me. :biggrin:

Still have to try the battle cry.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited January 2015
    And the battle cry bind works as well. Excelsior!
    JwLmWoa.png
  • trs1982trs1982 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Two questions,
    1. Does the /RenamePet command still work? I have tried a range of syntax/argument(s) none seem to work.
    2. I want to build a pet heavy char (unbound arcane summons only) I know the "angelic" summon is a healer how would I set up a key bind so all the pets attack my target and he/she heals only in one button press?
    Thank you all in advance. :)
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. Does the /RenamePet command still work? I have tried a range of syntax/argument(s) none seem to work.

It has never worked.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • trs1982trs1982 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    It has never worked.

Ahh, like I said new to CO, that suck's but good to know, thank you.
    edited February 2015
    How does one set up a key bind to trigger some dialogue along with an emote? E.g. I'd like a character to use the Charge emote (I think that's what it's called) and yell out a battle cry. Possible? TIA!
    JwLmWoa.png
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    How does one set up a key bind to trigger some dialogue along with an emote? E.g. I'd like a character to use the Charge emote (I think that's what it's called) and yell out a battle cry. Possible? TIA!

/bind key, "e emote$$local battlecry"

So your example might look like:
    /bind p, "e charge$$local You first! I'll be right behind you."

When you press the "p" key, the character would do the Charge emote while saying in local chat, "You first! I'll be right behind you."
    edited February 2015
    Perfect! Worked like a charm. Many thanks! :smile:
    /bind key, "e emote$$local battlecry"

So your example might look like:
    /bind p, "e charge$$local You first! I'll be right behind you."

When you press the "p" key, the character would do the Charge emote while saying in local chat, "You first! I'll be right behind you."
    JwLmWoa.png
  • friezalivesonfriezaliveson Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is it possible to /bind key /NavToPosition [coordinates] ?
  • denshimaru3denshimaru3 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Just wondering I remember seeing somewhere was the command for active missions to pop up. Just wondering if anyone know where that thread/post is I want to do it for my new alt that I just got from the free slot they gave us
  • fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Hello. I have a couple questions. :)

1) Several pages back, someone mentioned a random .txt file but not how to make one. What I want is, for example:

/bind F1 "CallFile"

where File is a .txt with a few "local Comment" options where Comment is something my toon would say in local - the AI would assign variables based on the number of entries in the file and randomly select what my toon would say each time.

2) Is there a command to execute a string (of whatever length/complexity the game allows) on the downstroke and then execute a completely different string on the upstroke (when the key is released)? I am not sure if "+" and "-" do that. Assume that all activations/animations in downstroke are either really short or are interruptable so there is no conflict with upstroke execution. I understand the Devs do not want an automated system, but another game had this so I just wonder about it here. [I used it in the other game to make "new" dance moves by starting an emote on the down and interrupting it on the up with a new emote to start, then do the same with F2, etc. 24 partial moves just on the F# w/o need of Ctrl+ or anything else. Add local with a wingding musical note and the toon would dance and sing (w/o sound, of course, unless the emote included one.)]

Edit:
    3) Since bind file folders can be swapped between toons, can we make one for each zone and load as desired for RP purposes? I would like to chat with certain NPCs w/o overloading the keyboard for the game in general but be able to use the F# for my chats dependent on zone and not on key. I assume some sort of naming method would be used.
    Post edited by fizzex#3004 on
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User

I found out some of the uses of the /powerexecid command: activating Action Figures

powerexecid 1 10 = Mini Mega Destroid

21 = Rowdy Randy

22 = Bug Hunter

23 = Doctor Silverback

24 = Defender Power Armor

35 = Nasty Nick

67 = Jumbo

Ok so on mine the numbers are different and i can't find a number for Bug Hunter. I'm only getting results from 1 11 to 1 59 which activates most but not all my action figures. Anyone have an idea?
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • xoriandruidxoriandruid Posts: 311 Arc User
    What about pet powers/commands for a 360 controller?
  • abaddon#5073 abaddon Posts: 12 Arc User
    Anybody know the keybind for using devices? Like the vampire one
    If you go into the key bindings tab in options and hover your mouse over the description, it does tell you what that binding corresponds to.
  • abaddon#5073 abaddon Posts: 12 Arc User
    OMG thanks, your answer should be sticky
  • I'm looking for a bind that replaces puts a 'cancel all commands' into my jump button (Space bar).

The idea is, if my block is toggled on, hitting the spacebar will cancel the block and jump normally.
  • Simplifying my request... What is the keybind for the spacebar?
  • whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @shredmonkey sorry i didnt see this earlier but i just tried this in game and both options work. Do note however that you will have to tap once to deactivate block and again for jumping to actually happen.

/bind spacebar "+up $$ powerscancelallactivations" <-this one will end your maintains as well so here is a specific one:

/bind spacebar "+up $$ powertrayexec 0 16" <- will only cancel your block.

Also, this is kinda random but i noticed that one of my binds stopped working for several if not all characters.
    /bind lb+ab "powertrayexec 1 15 $$ powertrayexec 1 13"
    This is for after a death to activate a passive TP then charge a toggle form. Logged in today and all it gave me was
    [System] Unknown command "(null)".
    Just a heads up if anyone else experienced this issue reentering the bind command fixed it.
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    I used the bind for rainbow powers from another sticky and it works well on the keypad. Only thing is I play with an xbox controller and the bind doesn't work on it. Is there a way to fix that?
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Is there a way to activate a device, let it stay active for 10 seconds then deactivate? I have that suicide device and a sometimes forget to disable it.

Is there a way to activate a device, let it stay active for 10 seconds then deactivate?

Not via bindings.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Sorry for a noob question.

Is it able to bind the power [7] (I'm placing any self heal power here) together with [w],[a],[d],[s], meaning hitting power for [7] key together with movement.
    This is very important for me to survive at Eido open mission because [Block] is set as toggle and can't move quick to escape while geyser shower incoming. I want to cancel block by movement.
    Please let me know the commands... Tried to search from the past posts but was difficult for me because I'm not native in English. Thank you.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    monaahiru said:

Sorry for a noob question.

Is it able to bind the power [7] (I'm placing any self heal power here) together with [w],[a],[d],[s], meaning hitting power for [7] key together with movement.
    This is very important for me to survive at Eido open mission because [Block] is set as toggle and can't move quick to escape while geyser shower incoming. I want to cancel block by movement.
    Please let me know the commands... Tried to search from the past posts but was difficult for me because I'm not native in English. Thank you.

I'm going to assume that by "power 7" you mean this power slot...where the green arrow is pointing.

If yes then you can bind the keys as follows:

/bind w "+forward $$ +powertrayexec 6"
    /bind a "+left $$ +powertrayexec 6"
    /bind s "+backward $$ +powertrayexec 6"
    /bind d "+right $$ +powertrayexec 6"
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Ty! I feel much better with this bindings.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Learned something yesterday about binding numpad.... - on the numpad needs to be bound using subtract.

Example: /bind subtract "camdist 100"
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Is there a way to activate a device in the Device tray and then activate a either a change costume or change build through a key bind? Basically I want to set off some fireworks in the device tray and then switch costumes and set off a costume transformation.
    JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Is there a way to activate a device in the Device tray and then activate a either a change costume or change build through a key bind? Basically I want to set off some fireworks in the device tray and then switch costumes and set off a costume transformation.

If you have already set costume #6 (for instance) to have a costume transformation AND your fireworks device is in slot #4, the following should work:

/bind f6 "inventoryexec 1 devices 3 $$ local Look at the sparklies while i change into my super suit $$ setactivecostume 0 5"​​

• unrealhorizonunrealhorizon Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I've been looking all over the interwebs for xbox controller binds. I used to be able to find them when I created a character roughly 4 years ago but can't seem to find the site with all these commands anymore. I did a /bind_save_file to get the binds saved and they look like this:

Joypad_Left+joy12 "+PetCommands_GlobalPetTrayExec 4"
    Joypad_Left+bb "+PetCommands_GlobalPetTrayExec 5"
    Joypad_Left+joy11 "+PetCommands_GlobalPetTrayExec 3"
    Joypad_Left+joy6 "+PetCommands_GlobalPetTrayExec 0"

If anyone knows where I can find the site with all these I would greatly appreciate it!

**EDIT**
    sorta kinda figured it out, to get the button list i can type /joystick_save_file (name) and it will give you all the button names in a text file so, i can work it out from there :)

Post edited by unrealhorizon on
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Posts: 63 Arc User
    I've been looking all over the interwebs for xbox controller binds. I used to be able to find them when I created a character roughly 4 years ago but can't seem to find the site with all these commands anymore. I did a /bind_save_file to get the binds saved and they look like this:

Joypad_Left+joy12 "+PetCommands_GlobalPetTrayExec 4"
    Joypad_Left+bb "+PetCommands_GlobalPetTrayExec 5"
    Joypad_Left+joy11 "+PetCommands_GlobalPetTrayExec 3"
    Joypad_Left+joy6 "+PetCommands_GlobalPetTrayExec 0"

If anyone knows where I can find the site with all these I would greatly appreciate it!

**EDIT**
    sorta kinda figured it out, to get the button list i can type /joystick_save_file (name) and it will give you all the button names in a text file so, i can work it out from there :)

These are the default XBOX controller keybinds:

AB +up
    XB +PowerTrayExec 0
    YB +PowerTrayExec 1
    BB +PowerTrayExec 2
    LTrigger+XB +PowerTrayExec 3
    LTrigger+YB +PowerTrayExec 4
    LTrigger+BB +PowerTrayExec 5
    LTrigger+AB +PowerTrayExec 6
    LB+XB +PowerTrayExec 7
    LB+YB +PowerTrayExec 8
    LB+BB +PowerTrayExec 9
    LB+AB +PowerTrayExec 10
    RTrigger+XB +PowerTrayExec 11
    RTrigger+YB +PowerTrayExec 12
    RTrigger+BB +PowerTrayExec 13
    RTrigger+AB +down
    LStick +PowerTrayExec 14
    RTrigger+LStick +PowerTrayExec 15
    LTrigger+RTrigger +PowerTrayExec 16
    RStick camCycleDist
    RTrigger+RB
    RB +clientTarget_Next 0
    LB +clientTarget_Prev 0
    LB+RB +clientTarget_Next 1
    LB+RStick_Down clientTarget_Manual 1 0 0
    LB+RStick_Up clientTarget_Manual -1 0 0
    LB+RStick_Left clientTarget_Manual 0 -1 0
    LB+RStick_Right clientTarget_Manual 0 1 0
    Joypad_Right+XB +InventoryExec Devices 0
    Joypad_Right+YB +InventoryExec Devices 1
    Joypad_Right+AB +InventoryExec Devices 2
    Joypad_Right+BB +InventoryExec Devices 3
    Joypad_Right+RB +InventoryExec Devices 4
    Joypad_Left+XB +InventoryExec Head 0
    Joypad_Left+YB +InventoryExec Body 0
    Joypad_Left+AB +InventoryExec Offense 0
    Joypad_Up +Interact
    Joypad_Down+XB Buildset 0
    Joypad_Down+YB Buildset 1
    Joypad_Down+BB Buildset 2
    Joypad_Down+AB Buildset 3
    Joypad_Down+RB Buildset 4
    Start GameMenu 1
    Select GenSendMessage Root ShowCharacterMenu$$GameMenu
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Posts: 63 Arc User
    While I am in here, I don't think this has been posted before.

You can insert comments into your bind files by appending the line with a #. For those unfamiliar with coding, a comment is a way to insert text into your code that is not executed. It is ignored by the program but is visible to you to help you with organization, readability, or as a reminder to yourself or explanation for others as to what a line of code does.

For example:

#
    # TARGET MYSELF
    Joypad_left+RB "+down1$$target_self"
    #
    # TARGET TEAM MEMBERS
    Joypad_left+XB "+down1$$target_teammate 1"
    Joypad_left+YB "+down1$$target_teammate 2"
    Joypad_left+BB "+down1$$target_teammate 3"
    Joypad_left+AB "+down1$$target_teammate 4"
    #

In this example, I have used # to insert blank lines to separate the two sections from the rest of the text in the bind file and to add headings that explain the function of those binds and so that I can quickly find that section.
  • corvus#0826 corvus Posts: 13 Arc User
    Hi..im reading the topic and trying to figure how can i make a skill cast with one click/toggle instead of keep pressing the button, this is making my hand hurt >.>
    Is the second skill in my bar, the machine gun from soldier archetype, but i dont even know where should i write there is a macro interface? or a txt? someone can help me plz im very derp for this kind if stuff..
    Thanks in advance.