test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Hue Change Token for Silvers

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestions Box
One thing that I hear from a lot of my friends with Silver accounts is that they wish they could have some way to change their power hues. My suggestion is to perhaps add a one-time or multi-use "Change Power Hue" token in the C-Store. It could be one of the cheaper ones, like 50 points for one ability. I think it would be a very popular store item, and would give Silver players a little more needed customization.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I am a gold account, but I agree that a "Free costume reset" and "power tinting token" would be great c-store items.:D
  • lanth0rnlanth0rn Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would pay for this in a heartbeat! Its driving me crazy. Not being able to change colors makes it very hard to create concept characters.

I've proven to myself that I don't play enough to justify a gold acct, but I can't live without my concept characters :frown:
    The Original Hellgeist

Cryptic account is Hellgeist, but the name was taken before I could associate a PW account.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would love if you start a new thread instead of necroing a thread from more than a year ago :/

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd love to see a power change ability token for silvers,especially with that silver FF slot,for 50 dollars it needs gold benefits like that strapped to it for anyone to buy it,unless of course they stick with the 25 dollar price tag.
  • cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    FF slot,for 50 dollars it needs gold benefits like that strapped to it for anyone to buy it...

If the FF slot is selling well enough at $50, then it doesn't need a thing added to it. You might think $50 is too much, but apparently there's a number of people out there who don't. So it's completely possible that PWE doesn't feel the need to do anything to sweeten the deal for FF slots.
  • thesoulstarthesoulstar Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm gonna just go ahead and say what we're all thinking :"Really Cryptic?"
    It's just a flippin' color tinting of your powers. I really don't see what the big deal is. This game's main muscle is no doubt the customization, and some players honestly think there isn't enough when in truth there is quite a bit, but they've been silver for so long that they just can't see it. And really it's not their fault; show not tell cryptic. Jut allow power color tinting for all players regardless of silver/gold status. I can't see how it's harmful at all to anything.
    And on that note: /sign
    On Call site found here: Project On Call

On Call FAQ found here:On Call FAQ
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am a gold account, but I agree that a "Free costume reset" and "power tinting token" would be great c-store items.:D
    lotar295 wrote: »
    I'd love to see a power change ability token for silvers,especially with that silver FF slot,for 50 dollars it needs gold benefits like that strapped to it for anyone to buy it,unless of course they stick with the 25 dollar price tag.

I too would love to see the power tinting option, having dark blue force fields whilst dual sworded menaces run around using my favorite hue of force field drives me up the wall.:mad:

That FF slot needs to be reworked. I agree with G restriction on the slot, that's fine. But paying for an FF slot which is insanely high, and NOT getting power tinting is a massive troll, because it effectively isnt doing what it said it would which was to provide silvers with the freeform experience. I think they need to add this power colouring into the FF slots mechanic.

I have heard the complaints from some gold members saying it would destroy the game..but when you think about it...paying ?40 or so just for ONE slot which doesnt give you the full FF experience..or using that ?40 you could get a 3 month sub for the same amount or something.
  • omnesvanitasomnesvanitas Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If that gets in the store, there is for me no reason to sub anymore.
    Surely silvers would adore.

PS. Full FF experience for the people who pay monthly. Or for the ones who have LTS.
    Silver is for me like a free trial. Yes, I'm silver right now. And no, having few extra toon slots isn't that great when you can't distinguish yourself from the silvers.
  • syberghostsyberghost Posts: 2,474
    edited September 2012
    ACK; didn't realize I was posting in necro. baleted.
    edited September 2012
    paying ?40 or so just for ONE slot which doesnt give you the full FF experience..or using that ?40 you could get a 3 month sub for the same amount or something.

Neither of those are exactly the same thing.

On the one hand you have a one time payment that buys you a FF slot. On the other you have a subscription that runs out after about 4 months. Those are not really the same thing.

The idea that somehow the FF slot needs to be reworked or have a price change strikes me as people wanting it, but not willing to pay the price. Those people have no idea how many FF slots are actually bought, or if the price is actually too high.

If enough people are buying those slots, then the price is not too high.

I'd be fine if the FF slot was given the option to change the colors on powers, myself. But doing so isn't needed. I'd also be fine with putting a token of some sort in that would allow a one time change in the power colors. That would be a one time item, that only worked on one character.

The fact that it currently doesn't give quite the full experience as being Gold doesn't mean something is wrong. In fact it encourages people to actually sign up for a gold subscription.

That said, I do get a bit tired of seeing sliver players constant demand for more and more of what I paid for as a life time subscriber, be given to them. If you want everything us Lifers have, then buy a life time subscription.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Taking all things into consideration going gold is a hell load cheaper

But right now I can only afford things in small burst amounts not in long term situations
    edited September 2012
    Taking all things into consideration going gold is a hell load cheaper

That all depends on how long your subscribed for.

1 month = $15. 3 months = $45. 1 year = $180. A FF slot is a lot cheaper then a years subscription.

But even at that, if going gold is better option then people should go gold. In fact if anything Cryptic/PWE should be doing more to encourage people to pay for gold, rather then handing more and more stuff out to slivers for a one time fee.

The fact that some people can't justify the monthly sub is quite simply not my problem. My concern is getting the most I can for the the price I paid for a lifetime sub. Everything that is taken away from lifers and given to slivers makes my lifetime sub a bit less valuable.

So if something like adding color changes into the FF slot means less people paying for the monthly sub, or buying life time subscriptions, that means it has a very direct impact on me because it makes the game that much less profitable...
  • xenonomadxenonomad Posts: 15 Arc User
    > @thesoulstar said:
    > I'm gonna just go ahead and say what we're all thinking :"Really Cryptic?"
    > It's just a flippin' color tinting of your powers. I really don't see what the big deal is. This game's main muscle is no doubt the customization, and some players honestly think there isn't enough when in truth there is quite a bit, but they've been silver for so long that they just can't see it. And really it's not their fault; show not tell cryptic. Jut allow power color tinting for all players regardless of silver/gold status. I can't see how it's harmful at all to anything.
    > And on that note: /sign

I am inclined to agree here. the recolouring powers is a strong irritant but not enough on its own to really motivate players to go gold just for /that/ I mean compared to the two dozen odd better reasons to go gold that actually are worth it. all it does is irritate silver players and make them less likely to be willing to try gold out.

Giving all players colour freedom wont hurt the company at all. and it will foster some serious goodwill with the playerbase. and goodwill = more open wallets.
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    xenonomad said:

> @thesoulstar said:

> I'm gonna just go ahead and say what we're all thinking :"Really Cryptic?"

> It's just a flippin' color tinting of your powers. I really don't see what the big deal is. This game's main muscle is no doubt the customization, and some players honestly think there isn't enough when in truth there is quite a bit, but they've been silver for so long that they just can't see it. And really it's not their fault; show not tell cryptic. Jut allow power color tinting for all players regardless of silver/gold status. I can't see how it's harmful at all to anything.

> And on that note: /sign

I am inclined to agree here. the recolouring powers is a strong irritant but not enough on its own to really motivate players to go gold just for /that/ I mean compared to the two dozen odd better reasons to go gold that actually are worth it. all it does is irritate silver players and make them less likely to be willing to try gold out.

Giving all players colour freedom wont hurt the company at all. and it will foster some serious goodwill with the playerbase. and goodwill = more open wallets.

lanth0rn said:

I would pay for this in a heartbeat! Its driving me crazy. Not being able to change colors makes it very hard to create concept characters.

I've proven to myself that I don't play enough to justify a gold acct, but I can't live without my concept characters :frown:

^
    This. Really, they need to lower FF price to 2500 Z permanently, if they'ren't gonna enable tinting, because 50$ is a 1/4 of LTS. That's too much for crippled trial. Let'z imagine that those FF can change their colors, then wielder of that toon can put out fully any imagination on them to make almost any concept, then one after another, he'll get out of FF slots eventually & then m/l goto gold. But with such limitation to concept chars, there's no way in world he'll get out of slots that easily.

Devs need to find a time to put end to this rubbish finally, if they gonna max out customization, because otherwise Champions Online will be always at the end of all ratings!

P.S.: during all time l played, NOBODY of my Silver friends, which suffer from tinting lack, subbed to to tint their colors, neither did l. People either are subbed from very beginning or never do it.
  • lifeline99lifeline99 Posts: 72 Arc User
    Honestly if people would get that grouchy over they idea of people tinting their powers I say a good compromise would be allowing the silvers to tint them the way you do with Nemesis. All powers are one color, or their default colors. That's it. Its still limiting, but at the same time gives them more freedom as well. You can even sell them as "color tokens" one for all the major colors red, blue, green, yellow, cyan, magenta, and amber.
    edited July 2016

Honestly if people would get that grouchy over they idea of people tinting their powers I say a good compromise would be allowing the silvers to tint them the way you do with Nemesis. All powers are one color, or their default colors. That's it. Its still limiting, but at the same time gives them more freedom as well. You can even sell them as "color tokens" one for all the major colors red, blue, green, yellow, cyan, magenta, and amber.

lnteresting thought. In other words: block all /powerhue command executions except ones that've Zero 1-st parameter. Tho there'll be way to have default colored powers if you pick them after your tint... & what to do with Pet Skins then?

But l would stick on idea that /powerhue, /poweremit, /powerentcreatecostume commands must deplete amount of G's for each execution, if player isn't subbed. Just like costume changes is paid for silvers & free for golds (from what l heard on start of this post), let power tints be equalized to that.
  • lifeline99lifeline99 Posts: 72 Arc User

lnteresting thought. In other words: block all /powerhue command executions except ones that've Zero 1-st parameter. Tho there'll be way to have default colored powers if you pick them after your tint... & what to do with Pet Skins then?

But l would stick on idea that /powerhue, /poweremit, /powerentcreatecostume commands must deplete amount of G's for each execution, if player isn't subbed. Just like costume changes is paid for silvers & free for golds (from what l heard on start of this post), let power tints be equalized to that.

I always thought that pet skins should have worked like weapon costume unlocks honestly. Some of them would be free but cost "Gs" to change in a menu during character creation and be part of your costume. Others you could farm. while others you could purchase with Zen. I figured that's how they would have worked it or something similar with the Support Drones and Command Animals. However i am not sure how CO is coded or if it is even feasible.

• chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    Holy crap, this thread was necroed TWICE.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine

Holy crap, this thread was necroed TWICE.

Because the problem isn't solved until now >:)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    BTW, is it possible to reshade travel powers?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    l could understand, of course a system, that binds Power Customization to your sub status. While you pay money - you can customize powers. Once you stopped paying money - all your powers revert to their default skins. But they don't revert & moreso - there's also such thing as LTS.

LTS owners don't pay anything to play a game, moreover - it's Cryptic pays them in form of 500 monthly zen. LTS isn't good thing at all - once player acquires LTS - he'll become a burden for Cryptic since then, because he becomes technically unlimited in-game currency generator. 200$ maybe not small money, but it's still MICROTRANSACTION, although it's a huge microtransaction. Technically - LTS is a microtransaction. So there wouldn't be anything new or breakthrough with introducing some other microtransaction kinds, that would allow players to customize their powers besides LTS. Without all features, that LTS offer, such as automatic unlocking costumes & travelpowers, unlimited FF slots & draining Cryptic out of Zen.
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

l could understand, of course a system, that binds Power Customization to your sub status. While you pay money - you can customize powers. Once you stopped paying money - all your powers revert to their default skins. But they don't revert & moreso - there's also such thing as LTS.

LTS owners don't pay anything to play a game, moreover - it's Cryptic pays them in form of 500 monthly zen. LTS isn't good thing at all - once player acquires LTS - he'll become a burden for Cryptic since then, because he becomes technically unlimited in-game currency generator. 200$ maybe not small money, but it's still MICROTRANSACTION, although it's a huge microtransaction. Technically - LTS is a microtransaction. So there wouldn't be anything new or breakthrough with introducing some other microtransaction kinds, that would allow players to customize their powers besides LTS. Without all features, that LTS offer, such as automatic unlocking costumes & travelpowers, unlimited FF slots & draining Cryptic out of Zen.

I don't think this is true. I mean what if I said Silvers are a burden? They play everything for free and don't spend a dime then complain they want even more free things;it wouldn't be true at all. Are you currently a silver? If so, the Q-store may help you to receive these items(ish) without spending large sums of money.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Nobody pays anything to play this game, you can play this game for free. When you buy a subscription or LTS, you're not paying to play the game.

Also you can't really say something that implies that LTS players don't put money into the game and expect to be taken seriously.

Also, don't lean too much on the word "microtransaction", it doesn't actually mean much anymore when there are microtransactions in the double and triple digits.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited July 2016

LTSers have spent more money on the game than silvers I'll have you know. They are in no shape or form "burdens". Hell, I think my 500 zen a month is bugged for I have not received it over 2 years. I also buy Zen on a monthly basis. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if I was the biggest CO costumer Cryptic has. But I think there might be a few people who have spent more, don't know though. LTSers are in no shape or form a burden. LTSers are the biggest supporters of the game, not a silver player that is only willing to spend $10 on the game to unlock something.
    edited July 2016

I don't think this is true. I mean what if I said Silvers are a burden? They play everything for free and don't spend a dime then complain they want even more free things;it wouldn't be true at all. Are you currently a silver? If so, the Q-store may help you to receive these items(ish) without spending large sums of money.

Silvers aren't a burden. F2P players play decent role in any game, that is not P2P. They create critical mass of players. Imagine that you (subbed player) just finished a work, then enter a game, but you can't pug any group nor alert/rampage don't launch. Just because there aren't enough players in the game. What's the point of playing if you can't do anything there? And it's not a fiction, there is a time interval in a day, in which you have no way to launch rampages! If you live in timezone, when your play interval matches with that "ghost town" interval... Would you continue your sub since that? l don't think so. So, Silvers should receive their love too.

Silvers aren't a burden. F2P players play decent role in any game, that is not P2P. They create critical mass of players. Imagine that you (subbed player) just finished a work, then enter a game, but you can't pug any group nor alert/rampage don't launch. Just because there aren't enough players in the game. What's the point of playing if you can't do anything there? And it's not a fiction, there is a time interval in a day, in which you have no way to launch rampages! If you live in timezone, when your play interval matches with that "ghost town" interval... Would you continue your sub since that? l don't think so. So, Silvers should receive their love too.
    I think you missed a very important part of xcelsior41's post:

;it wouldn't be true at all.

spinnytop said:

Not necessarily they also don't pay anything in the game at all - they still could put a money via microtransaction. Most notable case's multi-MMO players, that don't stick into some single game; because have subscription for all of MMO's would be very expensive, nor they haven't time to grind all the stuff & buy via in-game means. Thus buy stuff microtransactions may to way to go option.

spinnytop said:

Not necessarily they also don't pay anything in the game at all - they still could put a money via microtransaction. Most notable case's multi-MMO players, that don't stick into some single game; because have subscription for all of MMO's would be very expensive, nor they haven't time to grind all the stuff & buy via in-game means. Thus buy stuff microtransactions may to way to go option.

You're arguing against a claim he is not making.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    could we go back to the main topic? Id love to see a way to tint powers for silver players.
    natesig.jpg

• xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

spinnytop said:

You're arguing against a claim he is not making.
    Pretty much. All I was saying was just as you hate silvers being lumped into one group, I'm sure LTS'ers don't appreciate being labeled as well. And back on topic about the token? Uhhm..maybe? I say maybe because of I'd have to see cost first. Silvers have to pay $50(or as some say $25) for a FF Slot, so I'd have to see what the estimated value of this token would be before signing off on it.
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    edited July 2016
    Let'z combine two facts:

Retcons are the main G sink for players. None of my mains have free retcons left.
    People rebuild toons now because of new powers, power changes, and the demands of GCR content.

And people, who once were gold, recolored their powers, then unsubbed, often refuse from doing retcons, because otherwise their color chart may defaultize. And therefore create a blockage in sinking their G's.

I can't help but agree to this.
    I would like to keep my colors without being forced to subscribe and be scared to even retcon when I become silver momentarily. Havin' blue to orange and green powers on a black and red gargantuan ain't really where it's at. D:l

And l somehow have feeling, that this ball will get rolling somewhere. And very soon. But where? l don't know in which direction exactly. You may ask - what makes me think so right now? l'll suggest you check mah discussion list. Don't you see something strange? Perhaps that doesn't fit your memories?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    yep I remember your discussion, in fact I have a screenshot of one pertinent comment.
    5a818b0c-9ab3-4e45-bbf7-269d9da03708_zps8tdr5but.png​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    chaelk said:

yep I remember your discussion, in fact I have a screenshot of one pertinent comment.

Yeah, there was such comment... & l've no idea where it went to. Probably right to same place last 2 comments of this topic'll go. Oh, w8, already 3! :D
This discussion has been closed.