test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Armour Tank

fatboychinfatboychin Posts: 27 Arc User
edited July 2016 in Builds and Roles
I've recently returned to CO after a long absence. Been playing around on the PTS. I used to have Cosmic Killers and all sort of mad builds, but I have no idea what they were. Anywho, I've re-familiarised myself with building a good character, and I have created a Power Armour Tank. It's a pretty darn good tank, no Cosmic Killer but I'm not bothered about that. It has solo'd most lairs and things, the only one that's given me trouble is Andrith, being knocked into the lava and disabled during the last phase of Vikorin was something I just couldn't get past. Here is the build:

PowerHouse   (Link to this build)

Name: Iron Bat

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
Level 10: Ego (Secondary)
Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Impulse
Level 6: Daredevil
Level 9: Investigator
Level 12: Academics
Level 15: Negotiator
Level 18: Amazing Stamina
Level 21: Wordly

Powers:
Level 1: Boomerang Toss
Level 1: Tactical Missiles (Break Through)
Level 6: Concentration (Rank 2)
Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Energy Shield (Phalanx Defense System)
Level 14: Field Surge (Rank 2, Power Swell)
Level 17: Plasma Beam (Rank 2, Melta Cannon)
Level 20: Throwing Blades (Rank 2)
Level 23: Chest Beam (Rank 2)
Level 26: Strafing Run (Rank 2)
Level 29: Ego Surge (Rank 2)
Level 32: Unbreakable (Rank 2, Better You Than Me)
Level 35: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Overdrive

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Jet Boots
Level 35: Swinging

Specializations:
Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
Intelligence: Tinkering (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Locus (2/2)
Guardian: Tenacious (2/2)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

The idea was a Batman/Iron Man mash-up. It doesn't need to keep that theme. Tbh the only powers I use are Plasma Beam and the buffs. Concentration and Phalanx Defense System give me enough energy return that I can literally use Plasma Beam indefinitely. And I do, it's a good power. I'll clear a whole lair with it. Reconstruction Circuits is doing me good for a heal. Unbreakable is great. I don't really know if Ego Surge is doing that much. And Field Surge is virtually useless. What I'm after is improvement suggestions, I know I could make this build tankier, better, but I just don't quite know how. It doesn't have to be the greatest build ever, I mean it's fantastic as it is. I'm just looking for that bit of improvement. And I want revenge on Vikorin :tongue:
Post edited by fatboychin on

Comments

• fatboychinfatboychin Posts: 27 Arc User
    PS: Jeez I noobed hard and I have no idea how to fix or delete that. I thought I was posting that correctly.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    You did a bbcode (export type=phpBBS) export; you need a simple html (export type=CO) export. Except when you don't, Vanilla is super-random about whether it wants bbcode or simple html.
    I'll be honest I have no idea what that means haha. Could you dumb it down for me?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I'll be honest I have no idea what that means haha. Could you dumb it down for me?

In powerhouse, when you click on the 'export' button (which I assume you did), you get large textarea filled with text you can select and cut and paste. At the top right corner of the textarea is a section reading:
    Export Type: CO phpBBS Text
    Whichever is bright is the export format you've chosen. Click on CO to get the simple html used by Vanilla.
    Aha, fixed it. Thank you very much good sir.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,819 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Some tweaking to it:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: The Glacier
    Level 6: Healthy Mind
    Level 9: Quick Recovery
    Level 12: Negotiator
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves
    Level 18: Investigator
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina

Powers:
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Concussor Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Overdrive
    Level 14: Plasma Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds, Infrared Guidance System)
    Level 20: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge
    Level 29: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Phalanx Defense System)
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 35: Rebirth
    Level 38: Fire All Weapons (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Jet Boots (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Superspeed

Specializations:
    Constitution: Unyielding (1/2)
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Constitution: Armored (2/2)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Locus (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

Trying to make it more efficient overall. Ya can still stick to Plasma Beam if ya want, but I also made it possible to have a decent single target rotation w/ Minigun and Concussor Beam, and that frees the Chest slot for recon Circuits as a heal. For burst dps, I changed it so you have Nimble Mind on Ego Surge (the main reason to use ES), gave ya Con SS for the health boost and for Nimble Mind's crit, and added Fire All Weapons as a burst dps attack. Also changed the Active defenses to R1 MD + R2 Resurgence, since they work well for tanking builds and also take less adv points overall.

Also took of the rank off the toggle (not needed) and cleaned up the SS's a bit. Even if Con PSS doesn't offer as much dps, it's pretty good for soloing w/ FMF energy, Adren Rush heals, and the extra knock and hold resist. Con Mastery is also pretty nice. Overdrive mostly scales w/ Rec (its tooltip is a bit off), so that's why its SS'd. Built to gear mostly for Int and Con; get some crit rating and severity on offensive gear too.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    Thank you very much. Been seeing your work on the forums and you certainly look like you're good at this. Well definitely be trying this out.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    For the record, there's a trick to Vikorin: when you get disabled, run down the stairs (into the lava if you have to), wait until you get pulled into the stairs (knockdown), and then go back to attacking in melee range.

(Note that this doesn't work as well if you're running on elite... But why would you do that? ...Edit: it also doesn't work as well if you've died once - that seems to get his knock and disable powers out of sync.)
    Yeah this build is a lot tankier, so thanks again flowcyto. And yeah the problem I'm having is I'm being knocked away and pulled back constantly, everything's always being disabled. I can't heal or attack, I can't even move. I was actually just coming to ask what was up with that.