test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Online Dev Blog - Tailor Updates

Comments

• xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    Super-awesome update, Kaiserin! Looking forward to some truly awesome costume combinations in the future costume contests!!!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • rerrotrerrot Posts: 80 Arc User
    But the helmet protector has metal category with the new update?
  • dashnochrisdashnochris Posts: 12 Arc User
    Very glad to see a spot of tidying up in the Tailor interface, especially when it comes to allowing for some previously restricted parts combinations. I have but one request regarding costume options in Champions Online:

Please make all the different beard and facial hair options (in the Mouth Accessory category) available when wearing a Full Mask.

It has always been possible to have one of several beards while wearing a Full Mask, but the selection is quite limited compared to the total number of different beards available under Heads & Hairs. Given the beard options that already exist for Full Mask, I don't understand why Full Mask doesn't have all the available beard options.
  • gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    will we be regaining the ability to have a single robotic arm or leg at a later point , currently it seems like both or not at all currently, or am I missing something on the pts?
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Okay, I'm not Gold so maybe this is already happening, but I would love to see certain costume pieces that were previously only available in a single material fixed. Among others, there are quite a few Mouth Accessories that have this issue and can thereby complicate costume creation. Also, being able to use all Bracers, Arm Accessories, Shoulders, and whatnot with Jackets would be great, I've been trying to make a character with a trenchcoat and the Cybernetic implant cables on their arms. Finally, I think the prevention of certain costume pieces being limited to certain categories (The Steampunk Eyes currently can't be worn when Hats & Helmets is selected, and therefore can't be worn with a top hat) is what I'm looking forward to most. :)
    *Oh, and materials for Weapons would be great! :)
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    Yes, tailor was in need of tidying up and a real streamlining for a quite some time.​​
  • doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    I was really happy in seeing this, it's something I think should have been done years ago (speaking of taking off the limits inside the tailor), because it limits our options and creativity a lot. Many times I wanted to have a robe or trenchcoat combined with some certain pieces but the limitations would prevent me from doing so. Glad for this, Cryptic!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    yeah like the weird assortment of costume categories that the Takophanes belt works with...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    This is one of the most enthusiatic greetings to any patch I've seen, and I've been here since late alpha. Kudos, devs.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    I went on yesterday to try it out. In some ways, the update seems to have done the opposite of what it was intended to. For starters, the Space Scoundrel Coat doesn't show up in Jackets, only in Mechanical. In that category, you can't use any specialized torsos (Project Clockwork, Ravenswood, Holo Hex, etc), only Skin or Tights. On top of that, I could find no way to have one robot arm/leg and one normal arm/leg. Things in the Head tab seem to be alright, but Torso seems even worse to me than it was to begin with, with more arbitrary limitations which were supposed to be disposed of with the update.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    List them. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    My question is: Does this remove those invisible body part glitches we were using for basically forever?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    My question is: Does this remove those invisible body part glitches we were using for basically forever?

They are now in their own Category
    PARTIAL Category, this bug was promoted into a Feature~​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    nice! :smiley:
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    So... When are we goin to see Bestial Legs w/ Medium Skirts? And are we going to get the Medium Skirts w/Pants options back for males (and added to Females for a change) any time soon?

I love tat we finally got this massive update, but there was a whole lot of oversight still and a myriad of things that we the player pointed out numerious times in the PTS threads that went completely unadressed, sevral of which were in regards to costum combos that were already possible but the update made nolonger possible.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    avianos said:

PARTIAL Category, this bug was promoted into a Feature

"Invisible torso" seems to be missing...or at least I can't find it.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

avianos said:

PARTIAL Category, this bug was promoted into a Feature
    "Invisible torso" seems to be missing...or at least I can't find it.
    They don't exist in the same format that they did prior... the Partial Category allows for Invisible Arms & Legs, it does not allow for Invisible Torsos... so in a way... yes, the Glitches y'all used forever are gone... they added a new feature that imitates the glitches in an official capacity, but not in an identical format.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • lordvincentleelordvincentlee Posts: 3 Arc User
    I like these change with the exception to the victorian vest and jacket set,we can longer use them as intended,the vest is not included in the jacket section any more,wasn't this set supposed to be together? please put the vest back in the jackets section,now that we can use all,I am curious to see what I can do.
  • daveyj3daveyj3 Posts: 20 Arc User
    not sure where to put this, but the bluejay patter of tights still isnt working/is missing.

also, there is a straps/legstraps option for females that isnt available for males, but should be ported over. also, tribal [straps] and tribal knife is currently female only, but can be easily ported to males.

thank you