test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

difference between FFs for subbed and FF free slot?

I'm thinking on subbing to the game from next month, and I wanted to know is there's any diference between the FF slot we got as a free player, and regular FF slots for subbed/gold members. If I recall right we get to recolor powers, but besides that is there any other particular difference?
=O
Also, how many people in here are subbed vs gold members?
natesig.jpg

Comments

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    The big difference is that FF slots (the ones with the little lightning bolt background thingy) remain FF slots when (if?) you go back to silver. If you don't plan on doing that, the only difference is that they have a little lightning bolt thingy in the background.

Recoloring powers is available to all slots, FF or AT, when you're subscribed - and, as long as you don't retcon out of that power (or have it removed due to power changes), the color changes stick when you go back to silver.

For regular (non-FF) slots, you can convert an AT to an FF (when you're subscribed) - or FF to AT - but there's a limit: I think it's one free conversion per slot? Not sure. Conversions between gold/silver of the same AT don't count, though. So, if you want to be able to go back to silver without losing access to characters, make sure not to change them to freeform (or to an AT you don't have access to as silver).

I'm not sure how the game handles extra character slots from subscription on going back to silver (if you're subscribed and have a character reach 40 you get an extra slot - don't know if that's retroactive to characters that reached 40 when you weren't subscribed though); haven't heard people talking about that on the forum, and I bought an LTS a few years back so I've never had to deal with the gold -> silver transition myself.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    oh power hues last even after going back to silver? interesting, I could sub for a month and change all my power hues that I want (while in AT) and then go back to silver and keep the colored powers.
    what about premium ATs that I haven't bought? what happens if I choose one and then go back to silver? can I play with that character or am I forced to change it to another at that I own?
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

what about premium ATs that I haven't bought? what happens if I choose one and then go back to silver? can I play with that character or am I forced to change it to another at that I own?

I believe you'd have to change it back to one that you own in order to play it. (And if you had started it out as a different AT and converted it to a premium AT when you went gold, you might have to pay in order to convert it back to silver. Be careful with that!)

...But I'm also not 100% certain. Hopefully someone who's actually done this will post and verify.
  • Options
    ok thanks! I'll try to have it sorted out before subbing next month :D
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Other than power coloring, the only other thing I can think of is that gold FFs get free retcons while leveling up, and when hitting 40. Otherwise they are functionally the same.
  • Options
    ok thanks!
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    You keep what you kill...ummm buy.
    You can switch for free, once?, between FreeForm and AT, but can switch back and forth Gold/Silver AT's for free. As long as you have bought it. If i remember right.

Golds get free character slot from every lvl 40. Which you get to use when going back to Silver.
    And you don't get Free Retcons while leveling up. Not if They don't give one for a Power changes, or you sub long enough for the Vet ones. But you get one at lvl 40.
    Aaaand, don't think the FF Slot includes all the different Pet/Weapon skins either.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    grimvanegrimvane Posts: 49 Arc User
    Gold Subscribers also get access to the Freeform Nemesis system*.

*This isn't true but I wish it was.
  • Options
    furries2furries2 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Just to add, You only get free Recton Token for being subbed for 100, 400. 500, 600, 700 and 800 days. You get other goodies when you subscribe for that long, At 1000 Days you get these.

1000 Days

• The Ultimate Title
    • Daily Questionite refining cap doubled
    • FREE Costume Set: Glowing Tights
    • FREE Travel Power: Millennial Flight

If you want to see the entire list here is the link, http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/9052783
    "I'll never look back I've got no regrets Cause time doesn't wait for me I choose to go my own way."
    "Sonic Archie Comics"
    14mrud2.jpg
    Sonic Vs. Scourge

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension! - (Dr. Ivo Robotnik: You took the words right out of my mouth.)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    And LTS gets everything immediately.

"You keep what you kill..."

I now feel the need to make a Necromonger Nemesis...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters