test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160702.1520.2 - Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Power Changes
  • The bleeds caused by Vorpal Blade are now staggered over 4 seconds.
  • Fixed a bug where the Open Wound advantage could stack.
  • Fixed a bug where Dependency could stack more than 4 times.
  • Fixed a bug where Cut Down's ranks did not improve anything.
  • Fixed a bug where Mind Break couldn't rupture anything.
  • Added Open Wound advantage to Gauntlet Chainsaw and Massacre.
  • Removed Break Through advantage from the following abilities: Dragon Claw, Devour Essence, Thrash, Force Geyser, Two Gun Mojo, Lightning Arc, Annihilate, Brute Strike, Pistol Whip, Feint, Laser Sword.
  • Added the Break Through advantage to a bunch of low tier attacks.
  • Added Challenge! and Accelerated Metabolism to a lot of powers.
  • Rearranged advantages so the ones unique to powers appear on the top.
  • Burning Rain advantage now applies a Pyre patch when fully maintained.

Misc
  • Added preview images for a few items in the collector store.
  • Added Fire Hairs to the pts store.
  • Fixed a bug where ankle shackles were not unlocking.
  • Fixed a bug where Rainy Day and Spotlight auras were not working in all slots.
​​

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Few things so far...

Telepathy

BUG: Mind Wipe is still listed as "Slip Your Mind" (it's original name) on the retcon list.

BUG: Mental Leech no longer stacks Manipulator because it is lacking Mental Weakness. This nerf further ruins Manipulator based Telepathy builds. If this is intended and not an oversight please state. (Advantages also do not stack Manipulator)

BUG: Shadow of Doubt no longer stacks Manipulator because it is lacking Malaise. This nerf further ruins Manipulator based Telepathy builds. If this is intended and not an oversight please state. (Advantages also do not stack Manipulator)

BUG: Mind Break's unique interactions have now been completely destroyed because of this nerf; NEW BUG

BUG: Mind Break can no longer rupture Regret. (Shadow of Doubt's primary debuff)

BUG: Mind Break can no longer rupture Stress. (Mental Storm's debuff)

BUG: Mind Break can no longer rupture Dependency. (Mental Leech's primary debuff) NEW BUG

BUG: Mental Storm STILL does not count as an initial Telepathy hold for the purposes of Telepathic Reverberation.

Request: Please upgrade [Psionic Accelerator] & [Telekinetic Force Field Inducer] Devices to Rank 3 Paralyzes. Currently Psionic is Rank 2 and TFFI is Rank 1.

Solution: Keep the minor improvements to New Telepathy's DoTs, but put back Malaise and Mental Weakness into Shadow of Doubt and Mental Leech respectively. There was no real reason to remove them in the first place and...as the Development Team can see...messing around with them and taking them apart has messed up quite a few unique interactions.

Additional Note: The reason why the effects, Malaise and Mental Weakness counted as Crowd Control for the purposes of Manipulator is because the duration of those utility debuffs scaled with a players "Crowd Control Strength", so it was influenced by Manipulator and its stacking. They were added because these powers used to be Interrupts (so naturally stacked Manipulator) and then were adjusted to debuffs because both players and AI could not deal with Interrupts on that scale (I could solo a boss by constantly interrupting them).
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Additional Note: The reason why the effects, Malaise and Mental Weakness counted as Crowd Control for the purposes of Manipulator is because the duration of those utility debuffs scaled with a players "Crowd Control Strength", so it was influenced by Manipulator and its stacking. They were added because these powers used to be Interrupts (so naturally stacked Manipulator) and then were adjusted to debuffs because both players and AI could not deal with Interrupts on that scale (I could solo a boss by constantly interrupting them).

I still don't understand the reasoning for why these dots should stack manipulator. Other dots don't. Other telepathy powers that aren't control powers don't. From a design/gameplay perspective, not a mechanical perspective, can you explain your reasoning for why these dots should stack manipulator? I just want to understand your reasoning.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    So Massacre can bleed again? I suppose having it as a special adv makes it more balanced, though. Yay to Chainsaw having a Bleed route as well.

BUG: Massacre and Chainsaw's Open Wound advs don't seem to properly apply Open Wounds, however. That, or the proc chance was really low and I haven't seen it yet.

On the subject of Accel Metab advs: it seems that the icd on these is still universal? Maybe it'd be good to warn about that in the tooltip, if people are thinking of picking >1 of them.

It seems like most attacks that previously had CripC now have Challenge, in addition to other ones that didn't have CripC like Heat Wave, or EBA, or Conflag, or non-DC Dragon moves. So I guess that addresses the situation of them only being on AoE before. Seems much more flexible to make a formal tank build now.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    spinnytop said:

I still don't understand the reasoning for why these dots should stack manipulator. Other dots don't. Other telepathy powers that aren't control powers don't. From a design/gameplay perspective, not a mechanical perspective, can you explain your reasoning for why these dots should stack manipulator? I just want to understand your reasoning.

Original intent: DoT attacks which interrupt your enemies (Crowd Control abilities)

Problem: "AI and Players cannot deal with that level of CC, change it."

Solution: "Alright, we'll go with this instead: The New Telepathy DoTs are now attacks with debuffs and additional debuffs to still stack Manipulator and to justify this, they scale with your Crowd Control Strength."

My reasoning is that there is no logical reason why they should not when they left PTS in 2013 stacking Manipulator and have done since their inception when they were made by GMC...and now...all of a sudden without any reason they should be nerfed and mess up Manipulator based Telepathy builds that use them?

The intent of the New Telepathy package originally was to add some meaningful control powers to the set (in addition to the few it had) and give it some love. This didn't entirely go as planned, but as a trade off these DoTs were not rendered useless to Manipulator users who wanted to use the New Telepathy package.

I have yet to see an official reason or one from you as to why this is happening aside from the possible opinion that "Some did not like the New Telepathy package and thought it was doing too much".

The effects of those two powers, were not gamebreaking or overperforming in any way, shape or form.

The reason why other DoTs do not is because they lack a component in them (like Mental Weakness and Malaise) which would allow them to scale with player Crowd Control Strength and subsequently stack Manipulator.

If the quoted reason I gave wasn't enough, I hope this is.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Okay so it seems like some other bugs w/ the Chain powers were fixed, but not quite all.

Barbed Chain's icon is now consistent, and Vile Lariat's description for 'Viral' has been fixed.

Lash, Iron Chain, and Barbed Chain now all have their last hits flagged as AoE, but Lash still isn't procing Warden Mastery to make me convinced its been properly flagged.

I guess I can understand Lash not working w/ Setup cause that has 'melee combos' in the clause, but it may be better then to just change Setup to work w/ anything flagged as a combo, and the same thing w/ Slaughter in Warden. If a ranged combo can't benefit from these, then I'm not really sure there's much point in tagging them as a combo :/
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User

BUG: The Open Wound advantage can now be ruptured by Reaper's Embrace. I am able to replicate this 100% of the time, and it seems as if it is giving extra damage as if it is another bleed. It gives the damage of rupturing up to 6 bleeds similar to the Swallowtail Cut advantage on Scything Blade.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I have yet to see an official reason or one from you as to why this is happening aside from the possible opinion that "Some did not like the New Telepathy package and thought it was doing too much".

Well for me the reason for why these dots should not stack Manipulator is simple: They're not control powers. Once it was decided that the interrupt should be removed, that should have been that - no Manipulator stacking. The "oh we were going to do this, but now we're not" reasoning for having them stack Manipulator was... weird, at best. It's like if they came out with a new dps power that initially healed the user for 50% of the damage.. then they decided to remove the self healing before it went live and made it stack Compassion.. just doesn't make sense.

Making the dots no longer stack Manipulator is basically undoing a questionable design decision that just happens to have been in play long enough for some people to get used to it - but just because people were used to it doesn't make it a bad thing that it's being rectified ( that sounds familiar.. ).

PS - I like the new Telepathy dots, I think they're neat. I don't think they need to stack Manipulator to continue being neat tho.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Well for me the reason for why these dots should not stack Manipulator is simple: They're not control powers.

Not sure why adjusting charge times and recharge times is less of a 'control power' than a root. TBH, I'd probably make Disorient and Fear proc manipulator and have duration scaling with control strength, as well as the various telepathy dot debuffs.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    spinnytop said:

*Snip*

I am sure many people share your view on this topic but I do not for the reasons stated above...and because I do use these powers, so I don't want to see them get ripped apart and become riddled with bugs...but they currently are...and for no real reason to boot.

I am aware of what is likely to happen, so my complaints with Telepathy (as per usual) will be ignored and this will go forward...like I stated on the other thread but my post was mysteriously "eaten".

Telepathy is not a bog standard DPS set and actually thrived on being a little different to every other set. The New Telepathy package seemed to try to convey that idea but now its being torn apart so...RIP there I suppose.

At this point I'm going to wash my hands of this and leave it alone, much to many people's glee I'm sure. There's no point getting angry or upset or unpleasant about things I could see were going to happen.

I've stated the bugs that I've found and my viewpoints so I've done everything I can as far as I can see anyway.

Obviously there seems to be a need/desire to force players to use certain abilities with Manipulator one way and not allow for variation.

It sure does seem like the intent is to reduce Manipulator's usefulness so that perhaps in the future it can be adjusted away from Crowd Control and into something else entirely, otherwise there's no need to continue disrupting powers which can be used with it.

This nerf would have been easier if there was an actual way for advantaged CC to stack Manipulator. It would have been even easier to accept if these powers had been grossly over performing for three years.

So for now, I'll just wait here and mess around with Single Blade and the ever growing set, Bestial Supernatural.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I don't know what the intent is w/ the TP DoTs and Manip. But I'd like to think that if you had to spend a special adv that it should be fine to make them work w/ Manip that way. In a sense, Malaise and Mental Weakness are CC effects, but not the hard-coded type ala Holds, so in a more formal sense they could qualify that way. Really just comes down to how much build flexibility the devs want vs. how restrictive they want each toggle to be, I suppose.
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Suggestion: Challenge! added to Gravitic Ripple and Epidemic. Can't seem to find any other skill as of right now.

Thank you so very much for the new advantage locations, loving these changes!
  • Options
    fenrir4lifefenrir4life Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    BUG: Lacerating Cyclone's Vortex Technique advantage no longer applies Furious.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    I am extremely excited for these changes. The tanking community will greatly appreciate this.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    Could we add challenging to Experimental Blaster, and any other Tier 0s missing that ability right now?
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    I've got one request relating to the power changes

would it be possible to put an advantage on Chained Kunai, Iron Chain, Iron Lariat, Barbed Chain and Barbed Lariat that makes the powers deal ranged damage while increasing their range to 50ft?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I loved the TP dots, actually I have two lvl.40 based on them, a dodge Tank and a AoAC crowd controller/debuffer.
    The tank is not going to be affected much by the change (he will have to shift a few adv. points here and there).

The ccontroller will be thrashed by it. The lack of manipulator stacking will force it to rely on Ego Placate (that has been further changed and probably worsened). At this point Manipulator is almost useless as a form...

As to why they stack Manipulator, forget the history of these powers, the three dots are soft CC effets as Cyto said.

• Options

The lack of manipulator stacking will force it to rely on Ego Placate (that has been further changed and probably worsened).

Ego placate has been rendered completely useless for anything other than manipulator stacking. No coherent telepathy build lacks ways of applying Disorient, and if I want it on a non-telepathy build I still have better choices. Likewise, refreshing dots with svengali's guile is not worth a pick, since they're trivial to refresh by hand.
  • Options

Ego placate has been rendered completely useless for anything other than manipulator stacking. No coherent telepathy build lacks ways of applying Disorient, and if I want it on a non-telepathy build I still have better choices. Likewise, refreshing dots with svengali's guile is not worth a pick, since they're trivial to refresh by hand.

Debatable. It still has the placate, and now it also reduces your threat. It's a niche power for sure, but it still has its uses. It's actually become more useful for my CC tank now, and overall it has a more focused and coherent function - its status as a damage debuffer was odd, given the theme of the power, and felt more like a "what do we do to make people want this power?" strategy. Now the power is what it appears to be - sure it's not going to increase your dps, but it never felt like it should have to begin with.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    spinnytop said:

The new telepathy powers (or when they were new) were originally designed to work with manipulator via interrupts. But their interrupt effects were removed - due to interrupts being so powerful. So the dev at that time - made the compromise to allow them stack manipulator through the use of debuffs instead.

[ Original Announcement from 2013:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/1008160-telepathy-mini-set-live-now-live ]

And the design philosophy of the set, explained by devs who created it:
    This miniset includes six new powers, designed around three new debuffs: Regret, Dependency, and Stress. This set controls the battlefield through inflicting some holds, debuffing enemies, and detonating the debuffs for massive damage. Unleash the power of your mind with the ultimate Master of the Mind power!
    Now the telepathy powers will no longer do their core job - and I don't see what is gained in return.

The 2013 additions did improve telepathy. Now we are losing those improvements. This has been an ongoing issue for those of us who like psionic and control based builds. I'm not naive enough to expect the current team to revoke this decision. When something is posted - it's a done deal. But telepathy is already not a very popular choice - it's now even more so.

At the very least could someone please look at Master of The Mind? - A power that's supposed to be the jewel of the telepathy set, but is so awful no one ever takes it.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    I do have to say that its a bit weird that they introduced a new threat wipe power to Mentalist when they could have just re-purposed Placate for that. To me, TP didn't really need added powers more than it needed its current powers to be more cogent and functional. Just imo, though.

Do also keep in mind that its possible the current devs do intend for the DoTs to stack Manip, but since Manip is broken overall w/ regards to special adv CCs they may not be able to get the interaction working after they split up the effects to special advs.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    flowcyto said:

I do have to say that its a bit weird that they introduced a new threat wipe power to Mentalist when they could have just re-purposed Placate for that. To me, TP didn't really need added powers more than it needed its current powers to be more cogent and functional. Just imo, though.

Do also keep in mind that its possible the current devs do intend for the DoTs to stack Manip, but since Manip is broken overall w/ regards to special adv CCs they may not be able to get the interaction working after they split up the effects to special advs.

Mind Wipe is a really "old-new" power, it was intended to be part of the New Telepathy package, but players didn't like how strong it was so it was axed, along with the supportive summons that scaled on END.

It was probably added so that all the changes to Telepathy didn't seem all bad.

If the intent was to keep the DoTs scaling with Manipulator...why were the negative changes made? It seems like it was done out of spite or something. No additional work was required to begin with, I mean on LIVE right now, SoD and ML stack Manipulator innately.

Anyone arguing that "these nerfs had to happen because they plan to fix Congress of Selves", I'd just laugh at, because the passive was meant to work with the LIVE versions of New Telepathy's DoTs anyway, so the idea that nerfing the DoTs so the passive can have a shot at working is just backward, unless the intent was for Telepathy not to have strong enough debuffing.

It is likely that the new advantages also lack "Crowd Control Strength" scaling, which was no doubt removed when the two powers were ripped apart (which has led to a range of issues for the mini set that would not have arisen if the DoTs were buffed and not severely altered)
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Hmm... I was expecting the ankle shackles to have chains attached to them (not going between the legs) since they have loops on them.

Suggestion: Please consider providing a chained version of the ankle shackles to match the chained bracers.

Fire Hairs seem like a rehashed version of Shadow Hairs, but with a glow component and the *waves* move upward instead of downward.

Suggestion: Add *embers* that slowly emit from Fire Hair at random (every 5 seconds, for example.)

Thank you for fixing the Rainy Day and Spotlight auras; they are working as intended now.
  • Options
    and while we're at it, how about a version of the shackles that don't look like they would be more at home on a giant instead of a normal-sized being?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited July 2016

The new telepathy powers (or when they were new) were originally designed to work with manipulator via interrupts. But their interrupt effects were removed - due to interrupts being so powerful. So the dev at that time - made the compromise to allow them stack manipulator through the use of debuffs instead.

I already knew this.
    This miniset includes six new powers, designed around three new debuffs: Regret, Dependency, and Stress. This set controls the battlefield through inflicting some holds, debuffing enemies, and detonating the debuffs for massive damage. Unleash the power of your mind with the ultimate Master of the Mind power!

This doesn't explain why dots would stack manipulator for gameplay reasons. You don't even need Manipulator to make anything described here happen.

Now the telepathy powers will no longer do their core job - and I don't see what is gained in return.

You have to stop thinking of these powers as a "set". You have to start thinking of them as individual powers. Why? Because they can be used as individual powers. Until something is done to make them an exclusive set like Power Armor powers, then they are not a set, they are just a number of individual powers that happen to be in the same power framework. The individual powers still do their core job - the dots deal damage over time and have access to the same debuffs they did previously. Their "core job" was never to stack manipulator, that was something that was added to compensate for a feature the powers never actually had on live... which doesn't make any sense: you don't compensate people for something they never had to begin with.

It seems like it was done out of spite

Meet me in game I need to shoot you with the tinfoil hat ray immediately o3o
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Bug: "Bull Rush adv" on "Mighty Leap" does not trigger "Challenge adv" on secondary targets affected by "Bull Rush adv".

• Options
    spinnytop said:

You have to stop thinking of these powers as a "set". You have to start thinking of them as individual powers. Why? Because they can be used as individual powers.

Not precisely. You should really think of them as both -- they are powers that can be simply tacked on to an unrelated character, or you can try and build your entire character around them as a theme. The problem is that some ways of making the second option viable make the first option OP, and then attempt to balance for the first option made the section option non-viable.

What this means is: a different balancing method should have been used. In general, if you have an add-on power that is overperforming, you have three choices for balancing it:
    • Reduce its total damage.
    • Increase its activation time, increasing the opportunity cost of using the power.
    • Reduce the frequency with which the power can be used.
    The power changes on PTS amount to reducing the frequency with which the power can be used. I think it would be a lot better to increase activation time; simply going from 0.67s to 0.83s would be a large reduction in utility as an add-on power.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    spinnytop said:

Meet me in game I need to shoot you with the tinfoil hat ray immediately o3o

Contrary to what you may want to say about me...I'm not some sort of conspiracy theorist.

I simply react/respond to what I'm presented with.

I've been presented with a range of nerfs to one power set (Telepathy) that could do with anything BUT a series of nerfs and there has been absolutely no reasoning, aside from your own opinions, as to why this has happened.

These aren't just general nerfs to damage, they are specifically targeted at affecting interactions which make the miniset (because it is a miniset, just because they can be used independent of each other that does not stop them from being classed as a set. They can be accessed and used independently because Champions Online has a Freeform system.) suitable to be used with Manipulator Form.

The changes actually favor those who want to use these powers independently and with Concentration or any other form bar Manipulator.

With that knowledge in mind, you cannot expect me to think all of that is unintended and just a big fat coincidence.

If these powers were not intended to be used together as part of a MINISET, they would not have been advertised that way, nor would they have a blast power which works best when all three DoTs are present for secondary effects including damage.

I get that you are incapable of seeing things from the perspective of someone who uses those DoTs a lot, because you've said to me that you don't make use of them, so you aren't really affected by any of these changes aside from "yay a bit more damage o3o" (if you decide to use them)

So that said, if you still don't "get" my reasoning, re-read what I've said earlier until you do, PM me or continue to deny that something is negative is happening to the New Telepathy miniset because it hardly affects you.

In other more "relevant to the majority" news...

The change to Vorpal Blade's bleed application is an interesting one and I like it.

Single Blade as a set with this update has really grown on me. Also...has anyone tested Break Through mechanics on all the block types yet?
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Raven, it may be nerfs, but they were not done because they hate the power set, or hate you. So get rid of that mind set. As for the changes themselves. They hardly effect the nature of the dots, just their interaction with manipulator. They very core of these powers were not changed. They have changed many powers over the past year or so, many didn't like it, many did. This will not be the last change, nor will it be the last nerf. You should be used to this by now. I have at least 10 toons that make use of these dot powers, and they work fine the way they work, EVEN WITH THE NERF. And if its all about stacking manipulator with ease...get Eldritch Blast, 0.5 second activation equal 8 stacks of manipulator in 3.5 seconds. In truth, with the whole thing of giving forms the 4 second rule, I forsee manipulator getting the same treatment eventually. I won't mind one bit though.

I don't know if you play any other games Raven, but typically, when a game gets a big expansion or update things change, INCLUDING THE INTENDED USAGE OF THINGS. This includes CO. So while the powers may have at one point been intended for one thing, they have decided to change that. It happens in games. The changes, again, were in no way shape or form done in spite to you or the power set, so calm down.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Raven, it may be nerfs, but they were not done because they hate the power set, or hate you. So get rid of that mind set.

I never actually stated that anyone in the Development Team hates me or hates Telepathy. I said that that these changes are negatively impacting Telepathy and there has not been any presented reasons for them.

So you can leave that out for a start.

As for the changes themselves. They hardly effect the nature of the dots, just their interaction with manipulator.

Which as ever, is my issue with these nerfs. I stated that the primary debuffs of these DoTs were impacted because...if you read the bugs list and try it out on PTS...they have been.

I also stated that these changes to them favor use of them independently and/or with other form powers...like Concentration but make it more difficult to use them with Manipulator.

They very core of these powers were not changed.

Not quite true, the part of the core abilities of these DoTs has been removed and turned into advantages, so they have been changed.

They have changed many powers over the past year or so, many didn't like it, many did. This will not be the last change, nor will it be the last nerf. You should be used to this by now. I have at least 10 toons that make use of these dot powers, and they work fine the way they work, EVEN WITH THE NERF. And if its all about stacking manipulator with ease...get Eldritch Blast, 0.5 second activation equal 8 stacks of manipulator in 3.5 seconds. In truth, with the whole thing of giving forms the 4 second rule, I forsee manipulator getting the same treatment eventually. I won't mind one bit though.

Based on this...we clearly don't build exactly the same nor have similar concepts which utilize these powers, so whilst you may be fine with what is happening and can just put Eldritch Blast on your build...I cannot do that and that is because I am working within a specific theme and no, I don't need build suggestions either.

Of course Manipulator will eventually get the internal cooldown treatment, what remains to be seen is whether that will come with a global cooldown reduction to CC powers (unlikely) or if you'll just be expected to deal (likely).

I don't know if you play any other games Raven, but typically, when a game gets a big expansion or update things change, INCLUDING THE INTENDED USAGE OF THINGS. This includes CO. So while the powers may have at one point been intended for one thing, they have decided to change that. It happens in games. The changes, again, were in no way shape or form done in spite to you or the power set, so calm down.

I am still looking for that big expansion/update that is severely crippled by Shadow of Doubt and Mental Leech having Mental Weakness and Malaise as innate to them.

Usually if something is changed/adjusted there is a presented reason for it. Players complained for ages that 2GM was OP and then later on it was adjusted.

Maybe that's what's happened here, I must have missed that memo but right now? It looks like this was just done for no reason.

It could very well be that a new boss comes along whose mechanic would fall apart if their recharge and charge speed times were increased by 15%, but I don't think the Developers we have would design something so badly like that.

Even if the official reason given is: "Because we feel like SoD and ML were doing too much" or something along those lines that'd be good to know.

If you take the time to actually read what I've been saying and think a little bit about it and not just thinking I'm some sort of psycho telepathy b*tch or whatever, you'd see I really want to know why these nerfs have been made.

Please don't tell me to calm down, cause I'm calm, like...really calm, if you think all this is me being mad you are very mistaken. I'm not the one capslocking, you are.

God, this feels like a damn repeat...:lol:

--

TL;DC (Too Long, Don't Care) - At the end of the day, I am free to state how I feel about changes in the game and what I know about certain abilities. I can infer what I like from what I am presented based on my own perceptions, just like anyone else can. I never said anyone on the Development Team hates me or Telepathy. And I am very much calm, this is not me pissed or upset. I can't make people see what I see through the internet, they can choose to ignore what is going on.

• Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

*Lots of Stuff here*

Aye, I'd like to know the reasoning behind it as well. I've actually been agreeing with you there. But, no one has said anything, so I doubt we'll get an answer. Which sucks.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Raven, you're at the point were people are making stuff up and implying that you're a mentally unstable wack-job to counterpoint. You'll never convince those people of anything and it's not worth it to waste your time on them.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I will also point out that reasons were not given for changing the Telepathy DoTs. Making the debuffs in advantages means that, if you want the powers to have the same functionality, you do less damage.

I've already changed my telepathy DoT character, Sleight of Mind, into a Sleep Tank.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The telepathy DOT's most certainly are a set. They were designed as set. Advertised as set. Have power interactions that work as a set -- including it's own pseudo Ultimate= "Master of the Mind". All of this is clearly spelled out in original 2013 announcement about the set. To say they were never intended to be a set is delusional. The devs called it set over and over again.

While one power framework (i.e Bestial Supernatural) is continuing to receive a ridiculous amount of buffs. The mentalist framework is basically being reduced in effectiveness and synergy. That's not lunacy or conspiracy theory - it's a fact backed up by recent power updates.

My personal guess is that debuff and control powers are too hard to balance. So the option to reduce their effectiveness is being taken. This is in favor of fairly simple builds (DPS and Tank) - which are easier to manage. Tanks and DPS'rs are gong to love these updates. They strongly favor them. Controllers and Debuffers aren't going to be anywhere nearly as happy.

At this point I think the devs should just admit what their stance on control and debuffs are. If they want to reduce the effectiveness cross board. Then just say so. That way the small number of players who make those builds - can stop wasting their time.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yup, getting the reasoning behind the change in the TP powers would be nice. Since we are "fixing" them, can we also fix their tooltips (I still see references to Mental Storm in Shadow of Doubt)?

And, once and for all, can we get the reason why Control powers that become so by virtue of their advantages do not trigger Manipulator? (even "It's too hard to code" would be fine)

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    riverocean wrote: »
    While one power framework (i.e Bestial Supernatural) is continuing to receive a ridiculous amount of buffs.

I am going to cut you off riiiight there. Bestial has not been receiving ridiculous amount of buffs. It has received a long needed addition of powers, but a lot of its utility was shifted around and in fact several powers were actually nerfed in the process. So please stop with the misnomers and calling power additions "ridiculous amount of buffs" when the set itself has been broken and unfinished for several years now.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Of course Manipulator will eventually get the internal cooldown treatment

Please no, not until they make Crowd Control a proper gaming mechanic like damage and defense, it has to be reliable purpose and scaling accordingly. (No Magnitude is not scaling, that's time/duration not HP, which CC Strength should be both)
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The devs would never admit on the forums that they find cc and debuffs too difficult to deal with and that they plan to nerf them down. Admitting defeat will just alienate the player base and drive more people away. If this really is their plan they will keep quiet about it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Got to agree here.

Not sure why Supernatural needed more EUs, mind you - having quite possibly the best EU in the game already and all. But yes, this. Bestial needed holes patched, and I'd not say the set has been overly 'buffed' so much as brought up to par.

Plus, it's a melee set. Melee deserves a little more juice just due to the sheer aggravation of being melee in this game.

Actually supernatural only has the best EU in the game, if you are using a maintain. If you are using a click, then it's not really that good. Try using massacre with supernatural power. Honestly, it's becoming a running gag with how people are continuously singling out bestial, yet ignoring all the other power sets getting a buff as well. But then again, tinfoil hat gun was added for a reason.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Hopefully we'll be given a retcon for characters who used crippling challenges, or perhaps the retcon prices could be reduced like the tailor costs were.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Agree to disagree I guess. Bestial SN was in a relatively good place before, imo- just now our expectation of what's 'complete' has shifted w/ all these revamps. Many other powersets are still quite incomplete, buggy, or just need work- esp by a revamp's standards (more themed heals, threat wipes, stuns, EUs, AoEs, debuffs, expanded toggles, etc). But we're getting there, at least, so I have some hope.
  • Options
    thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    personally as a Power Armor Player, I am truly grateful that the bug on Mini-Gun was fixed. And Challenge! being added to most Laser Sword powers is awesome. My Laser Knights of the Plasma Coil (New SG I'm working on creating if I can get folks to join me in game when I start advertising (I know not the place, sorry), salute you.
  • Options
    daveyj3daveyj3 Posts: 20 Arc User
    not sure where to put this bug cuz the tailor thread was closed and i saw a comment to put it on the other pts thread, but the bluejay patter of tights still isnt working/is missing.

also, there is a straps/legstraps option for females that isnt available for males, but should be ported over. also, tribal [straps] and tribal knife is currently female only, but can be easily ported to males.

thank you
This discussion has been closed.