test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160702.1520.1 - Power Changes

Comments

• stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "The Powers UI is slowly going through some visual revisions to make it easier to read."

The Super Villain UI mod in WoW is the only awesome part of that game. Very unsubtle hint.

So, does challenging strikes no longer have the tiny damage debuff?

Throwing Blades can be tap spammed again? Because that would be awesome.

"New Power: Chained Kunai"

Please stop naming powers after already existing advantages. It's annoying to talk to other people about powers. Bonus: It makes it hard to search the forums for info actually wanted. I bet it also confuses new player when they try to learn about the game. If you can't think of a cool name, use the Seventh Sanctum random generators. They have stuff for everything and can give out all kind of fun ideas. It's how I name most of my characters now.

Obligatory complaint about obsessing over the Bestial sets. I see Raven has taken care of the obligatory Telepathy tomfoolery complaint.

I find it amusing that powers rooting you is a thing, but bosses requiring movement is also a thing. Even better: It's in a game that actively discourages alts more and more.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    sterga said:

I find it amusing that powers rooting you is a thing, but bosses requiring movement is also a thing.

Self-rooting is only meaningful in encounters that require movement.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

Few things...
    Telepathy
    BUG: Mental Leech no longer stacks Manipulator because it is lacking Mental Weakness. This nerf further ruins Manipulator based Telepathy builds. If this is intended and not an oversight please state.

BUG: Shadow of Doubt no longer stacks Manipulator because it is lacking Malaise. This nerf further ruins Manipulator based Telepathy builds. If this is intended and not an oversight please state.

You do realize those did not fully lose those CC functions, but were moved to advantages on those powers and if you take the advantages, counts towards manipulator (at least it did for me)?
  • ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    purin1 said:

Here's a short video showcasing the new ultimate power, Vorpal Blade for anyone who is curious or does not have access to the PTS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC8EKP0XKJ4

That is literally what I had wanted a Single Blade Ultimate to look like. It's like the devs are psychically reading my innermost thoughts and making them real.

I don't know whether to feel violated or immensely grateful.
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.

You do realize those did not fully lose those CC functions, but were moved to advantages on those powers and if you take the advantages, counts towards manipulator (at least it did for me)?

You do realize that these changes that removed Mental Weakness and Malaise were completely unnecessary...right?

It is not as if those two powers were over performing or game breaking. So those powers innately lost CC functionality because they no longer have those abilities innate.

The change basically means you'd have to deal less damage (potentially) in order to accomplish something you can already do...on LIVE, without such an issue being present.

If there was a significant increase in damage then yes, I could understand why those nerfs were carried out but when you compare them...much like with Manipulator nerf, there's not been much in the way of a trade off.

And if you read the rest of the list of bugs, you'll see that this nerf has snowballed into other issues which were not present before those powers were innately nerfed.

• kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User

Few things...
    Telepathy
    BUG: Mental Leech no longer stacks Manipulator because it is lacking Mental Weakness. This nerf further ruins Manipulator based Telepathy builds. If this is intended and not an oversight please state.

BUG: Shadow of Doubt no longer stacks Manipulator because it is lacking Malaise. This nerf further ruins Manipulator based Telepathy builds. If this is intended and not an oversight please state.

True; the CC funtions are still there but now you have to spend advantage points on them that are usually used to rank Manipulator and other CC powers. I guess this game does not like players to have fully functional crowd control builds. *shrugs*

You do realize that these changes that removed Mental Weakness and Malaise were completely unnecessary...right?

It is not as if those two powers were over performing or game breaking. So those powers innately lost CC functionality because they no longer have those abilities innate.

The change basically means you'd have to deal less damage (potentially) in order to accomplish something you can already do...on LIVE, without such an issue being present.

If there was a significant increase in damage then yes, I could understand why those nerfs were carried out but when you compare them...much like with Manipulator nerf, there's not been much in the way of a trade off.

And if you read the rest of the list of bugs, you'll see that this nerf has snowballed into other issues which were not present before those powers were innately nerfed.

Based on the changes to Crippling Challenge and Challenging Strikes, I feel like we're on the cusp of a relatively huge overhaul, probably paired with the mentioned upcoming power selection window update. We're likely to see a change to how Threat works, and possibly how other aspects such as Stealth, Crowd Control, and perhaps even Charge Speed. If any nerfs are made, there's a good chance (in my mind, at least) that they're changed now in anticipation of a sweeping overhaul that would make said powers either underwhelming, totally OP, or straight out defunct.

Sure, they could have held off on any changes to these powers until this update happens, but then people would complain that they are just getting Lockboxes and that there's no real content, that the devs don't care anymore, that CO is dead, blah blah blah blah blah.

Based on the changes to Crippling Challenge and Challenging Strikes, I feel like we're on the cusp of a relatively huge overhaul, probably paired with the mentioned upcoming power selection window update. We're likely to see a change to how Threat works, and possibly how other aspects such as Stealth, Crowd Control, and perhaps even Charge Speed. If any nerfs are made, there's a good chance (in my mind, at least) that they're changed now in anticipation of a sweeping overhaul that would make said powers either underwhelming, totally OP, or straight out defunct.

Sure, they could have held off on any changes to these powers until this update happens, but then people would complain that they are just getting Lockboxes and that there's no real content, that the devs don't care anymore, that CO is dead, blah blah blah blah blah.

As wonderful as that may or may not be, depending on the outcome of such adjustments...they aren't here now and there's not been much reasoning given as to why these DoTs in Telepathy have been targeted in several updates.

I mean, Mental Storm was nerfed (damage wise) by 60% not too long ago and now it has a cost increase an a marginal damage boost?

And now SoD and ML have been nerfed as well?

I think the changes to the DoTs and changes to existing Telepathy powers and/or related abilities are best summed up by that one line in your signature:

"It makes sense, if you don't think about it."

The New Telepathy package was pretty hated by some and now it seems like it's finally being torn apart.

--

I'm just really disappointed that this is actually happening...even though I expected bad things to happen.

I don't like seeing something I like and invest A LOT in continually get worse and become ill equipped to work how it was intended, but the intent seems to be to "punish" people who want to use Manipulator.

At this point, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Manipulator got an internal cool down per stack "to bring it in line with other form powers".

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

Yes, I do realize that. Its a stupid change. With an unknown reasoning behind it no less. But, the cc component is still there was what I was pointing out.
  • seanimusprimexseanimusprimex Posts: 47 Arc User
    I apologize if this should be on tailor thread, but I was wondering since the chain powers are being updated and so are Chain Swing power, could we add different skins for chain powers? I was thinking like Fire, Electricity, Vine, etc.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Yes, I do realize that. Its a stupid change. With an unknown reasoning behind it no less. But, the cc component is still there was what I was pointing out.

Forgive Raven, if you say anything about CC or telepathy, she hears ten additional things you didn't say. I'm hoping this is all a part of some overall plan to actually buff telepathy so she can stop being so nuts about it o3o
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Seriously? I have enough trouble stacking Enrage on my Might tank as it is, this just cripples her. Unless Enrage has been changed somewhere and I missed it, I am going to have to swap to the bestial Supernatural Toggle, and get one of those cutting chains. (Character concept requires the Growth).​​

Just to clarify, the knock effect from Iron cyclone still will proc enrage, it just doesn't have a second proc from the adv - which I'm not sure how helpful that was since iirc there is a cool down on how quickly you can stack enrage.
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User

I apologize if this should be on tailor thread, but I was wondering since the chain powers are being updated and so are Chain Swing power, could we add different skins for chain powers? I was thinking like Fire, Electricity, Vine, etc.

I second this commotion :wink: well with Energy, Vines, and Fire, and possibly a grapple cable :grin:
  • ironman12348ironman12348 Posts: 41 Arc User
    There are alot of serious changes which I wouldn't say I approve. As you nerfed Evasive Maneuvers and it's advantage to the ground, I have no single idea how melee DPS is going to survive ranged DPS/Tank hybrids. Before Evasive Maneuvers let us feel more safe in PvP. Considering that Ranged PvPers already dominated over melees, this change is making rangeds dominate even more, since unlike melee DPS ranged doesn't need stealth in PvP, at all. All certain PvPer needs is the use of range and some crowd control, then spike the jack out of poor melee who can no longer avoid all that. Let's see if everyone's gonna go 500 Con DPS builds or just take defensive passives.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User

I don't really get this change. Half the use of cripple is predictive to prevent your opponent from doing something annoying. I guess the point is 'if someone camps on block, you can break block'? Doesn't actually seem worth having.

The point of this change is most likely entirely due to the pvp aspect of CC. Nothing more annoying than constantly having your block disabled - most pvp builds don't even have block powers because it is assumed your opponent will constantly disable it.

I guess the purpose is to make ranged dodge tanks impossible? Almost no-one took the power for the dodge buff anyway.
    ​​

This is not true, many dodge builds would supplement their dodge with this power, especially pvp builds. The dodge buff from the power was sizable and the long length of it almost covered the entire CD - not to mention the fact your dps suddenly stopped. I think this is actually the hardest and most unwarranted nerf as I don't see much advantage to taking it anymore - 6 second buff is not even remotely worth it.

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

This is not true, many dodge builds would supplement their dodge with this power, especially pvp builds. The dodge buff from the power was sizable and the long length of it almost covered the entire CD - not to mention the fact your dps suddenly stopped. I think this is actually the hardest and most unwarranted nerf as I don't see much advantage to taking it anymore - 6 second buff is not even remotely worth it.

I think that is to set it on par with other threat wipes. But it's a bit unclear if EM now wipes all threat or only the threat from your current target. The description says all threat but the linked tooltip says only your current target. Something to test :smile:
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Fury of the Dragon
    Fixed a bug where the focus stack scaling was based on your target's focus stacks, not yours.
    based on your target's focus stacks, not yours.

96f.jpg
    All those 5 years... Fury of the Dragon damage output sucked because of THIS? Old DEVs why?

Glad it won't suck anymore

Throwing Blades
    This power no longer needs to be half charged to use.

Better late than never fix​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Fury of the Dragon

Fixed a bug where the focus stack scaling was based on your target's focus stacks, not yours.

based on your target's focus stacks, not yours.

avianos said:

96f.jpg

All those 5 years... Fury of the Dragon damage output sucked because of THIS? Old DEVs why?

Glad it won't suck anymore

​​

W-wait... THAT'S why Fury of the Dragon didn't scale from focus stacks? Because it was looking for my TARGET'S focus stacks? Not MINE? THE ENTIRE TIME?!

On a side note, in reference to @purin1 's video showcasing the Vorpal Blade ultimate, I'd like to mention that rank 1 of the power doesn't spawn those "clones" that appear when you use the power. At rank 2, three will spawn. At rank 3, six will spawn. However, ranking up the power doesn't actually seem to increase the range/AoE of Vorpal Blade. No matter how many spooky ghosties you spawn.

I think that is to set it on par with other threat wipes. But it's a bit unclear if EM now wipes all threat or only the threat from your current target. The description says all threat but the linked tooltip says only your current target. Something to test :smile:

Given that the description of the adv for EM states that is is now a threat wiper with a 45 second cd, yes, it does indeed wipe threat 100% of the time.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    spinnytop said:

Forgive Raven, if you say anything about CC or telepathy, she hears ten additional things you didn't say.

Telepathy...hearing things you didn't say? Spinny, I can't lie...I honestly had to laugh at this :lol:
    spinnytop said:

I'm hoping this is all a part of some overall plan to actually buff telepathy so she can stop being so nuts about it o3o

Not even I am that optimistic about Telepathy in CO. I'm all for being proved wrong in this instance but I've been waiting a looong time.

• embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Question:
    Do the martial arts changes affect the Blade AT? If not.. then archetypes are becoming even more useless than they already are. I mean sure, i own FF slots but i invested the most time and put the most effort into my very first toon (obviously it is my beloved main-toon), who happens to be an AT...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Wow, that's a ton to take in! .. though I won't really have much time to really dig into all the new power changes, at least not yet. Expanding the thematic heals and threat wipes are pretty big changes. Chain builds becoming a decent option now is cool, though I kinda wish the two old Lariats didn't lose the Bleed-on tap advs, but w/ the general revamp to the Chain powers I guess that's understandable. Seems like cool changes all around, though ofc there's some nitpicking to be had..

I guess the aim of the CripC/CS changes was to not have frequency of hits from the attack factor into the threat gen? If so then that means maintains won't be reigning king anymore. Tanks formerly using CripC can now get ~20% more dmg on their main attack by getting R3 of those powers now. That's pretty big of a buff to tanks and hybrid tanks overall, though now it seems ya have to weave in AoE w/ Challenge on it as the main downside, which is a bit weird to do for single-target tanking.

I'm not as keen on the Cyclone attacks having their activation energy upped a bit- they were already pretty high for a low-tier maintain. Its more of an issue w/ Iron Cyclone, though. Vicious Cyclone at least has 2 EUs that can innately work w/ it (SP and the new poison EU). The new Lacerating Cyclone can also Bleed innately so it won't have as many issues either. Iron Cyclone works w/ no EUs innately, even if its nice that it can apply Disorient now, but also the Cyclones' knock chance was reduced to 10% per tick (and Iron's was reduced by more- from 30% to 10%). Hmm..

SBlade getting an AoE ultimate is interesting, though I still think something needs to be done to Scything Blade to keep it relevant. Unrelated, but it would also be nice if TK Burst properly scaled w/ most toggles dmg bonuses, and if Elec Shield's Physical dmgRes portion was buffed from 200% base to 250%, like most other block enhancers.

Also, since it seems like there's more readily avail threat wipes, and EM's threat wipe adv seems to be guaranteed now (barring the icd)- Palliate's base cd could prob be lessened a bit (at least imo).

I didn't conduct anything very detailed yet, but here's a few quick bugs that caught my eye (Chain powers, for now):

BUG: Barbed Chain's power tray icon changes to Iron Chain's visual icon when slotted.

BUG: Vile Lariat's 'Viral' adv has general and detailed descriptions that don't match; the enhancement one seems to be using the description for Barbed Lariat's Open Wound adv (debuff that can apply Bleed, not Poison).

BUG?: The last hit of Lash, Iron Chain, and Barbed Chain's combos is not flagged as AoE
    (not procing Round 'Em Up or Locus, etc).

BUG: Lash is apparently not flagged as a combo properly. Its not procing Setup in Brawler or Warden Mastery (Iron and Barbed Chain are, though).

Also, its interesting that we now have a combo that's fully flagged as Ranged (Lash). My combo blaster builds could now be mid-range ones. Neat.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to actually say it, but thanks for the continued revisions, Kaiz et al. The road ahead may be bumpy, but I appreciate the hard work.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited July 2016
    Single Blade

BUG: Cut Down's damage and Root duration does not increase with rank up as other lunges do. It constantly stays at the same value each rank.

Query: Will powers that carry Crippling Challenge be adjusted to have "Challenge!" instead? Because if not then there's going to be quite a few issues with current builds requiring new powers etc.
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Are we going to get free retcons after this? If not, the threat changes could really mess up my build.

Query: Will powers that carry Crippling Challenge be adjusted to have "Challenge!" instead? Because if not then there's going to be quite a few issues with current builds requiring new powers etc.

I would also like to know this.

Ink@Opalsky in game
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    xcaligax said:

CHAIN POWER UPDATES!!!!!!

Very nice, though I was really hoping to see an energy builder. Throwing bolts of energy at people to build up enough energy to hit them with a chain, much as having to shoot with a pistol to build up enough energy to pull out a shotgun, just seems to break up the conceptual flow.
  • sepheliussephelius Posts: 30 Arc User
    Holdout Shot
    Stim Pack Advantage: The heal on this advantage now has an internal cooldown of 4 seconds.
    New Advantage: Open Wound: Has a chance to cause additional bleeds over time.
    Why the need for the CD for Stim Pack advantage? I don't really see the need for this as this is the only healing power in the munitions set and it's already has a CD for the power itself.
  • pwkardokispwkardokis Posts: 9 Arc User
    Seconding the request for one of the Single Blade combos to be single target. That is the set's theme, after all.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    notyuu said:

No energy unlocks for force, might, earth or sorcery?

also rather surprised that the scaling on overdrive has not been addressed [a buff to energy from endurance/intelligence on it is needed] and also somewhat surprised that laser/particle sword has not been so much as even poked yet.

but those things aside, good update....now if only there was content for more than one character at a time.

Overdrive itself is severely broken and barely works with half the Maintains in the game. Sword Cyclone comes to mind.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Just to make sure Cut Down won't have the same issues as the dual blade lunge had on live the first week

Can someone test if Cut Down
    • Triggers Steadfast
    • Is tagged correctly as Single Blade power
    • is in correct Tier
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited July 2016
    avianos said:

Can someone test if Cut Down

• Triggers Steadfast
    • Is tagged correctly as Single Blade power
    • is in correct Tier
    ​​
    Yes to all three.

edit: nvm, Raven covered the ranking bug w/ Strike Down above.
    sephelius said:

Why the need for the CD for Stim Pack advantage? I don't really see the need for this as this is the only healing power in the munitions set and it's already has a CD for the power itself.

W/ the way CDR scales now, its highly unlikely you'll get enough total CDR/Int to reduce the base cd of these powers to below 4 sec anyways. Their base cd seems to be around 10 sec, and even w/ 40% CDR that's only going as low as ~6 sec.

Ya can stack multiple HoTs like Work Up as is. I'm not really clear on how the 'Restoration' buff works, though (which all these HoTs give).
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Question: is the -150% dodge chance on break though a mistake?

cuz as it stands it seems a bit excessive
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Enrage forms moved to Tier 1.... ok so are you going to move IDF down as well and make it official that forms are Tier 1 powers? Please say yes.

And to echo everyone else... Add Challenge to every power that previously had Crippling Challenge... as well as several other powers.. Or better yet, add a new 1pt advantage to powers that previously had CripC and call it Taunt, give it CripCs threat and hard taunt.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    flowcyto said:

BUG: Lash is apparently not flagged as a combo properly. Its not procing Setup in Brawler or Warden Mastery (Iron and Barbed Chain are, though).

I think this was done on purpose, in order to keep give a ranged tagged option to chain powers.

EDIT: I stand corrected, had to re-read the notes just to make sure.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    Speculation: The reason stim packs are receiving a shared cooldown is that more powers are getting access to them. Keeps players from using them as a crutch.

I'm really happy about the chain updates, though I would also like to see an energy builder added to the mini set.
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    kaizerin said:

[...]

Global Advantages

Challenging Strikes
    • Renamed to Challenge!
    • Now applies flat threat over time that varies based on primary and secondary targets.

Crippling Challenge
    • Renamed to Break Through.
    • Threat mechanics of this power have been removed.
    • Can only disable block when used against blocking targets.
    • Block disabling portion lasts 10 seconds. Afterwards applies a 10 second buff that prevents the target's block from being disabled.
    • Also applies a damage, heal, defense and dodge debuff when you successfully apply the block disable. This debuff can be removed if your target damages you and cannot be stacked from any source.
    • If used against a non-blocking target, applies a temporary buff that prevents their block from being disabled.
    [...]
    ​​
    So, if I understand correctly, Challenge! is the tanking threat advantage costing 1 point.

Break Through is now a Pvp (and Baron Cimitiere) advantage that does not interact with threat, is useless for non-blocking targets? Any updates on the interaction with the Protector specs?

BTW great updates on the Chain powers. Still no AoAC buff :(

Also I second Ravenforce... why oh why the Telepathy nerfs? This way the only useful functionality of the powers is moved to the advantages lowering the already low dmg output...
    Post edited by superalfgorn on

• purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    notyuu said:

Question: is the -150% dodge chance on break though a mistake?

cuz as it stands it seems a bit excessive

All the recipient of the dodge debuff needs to do is hit the target once to drop it completely. It's just there to discourage turtling for the whole fight.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Burst Shot didn't need an energy cost increase! For the Specialist this power was already impossible to use often as the only damage power until you reach your 20s.

And of course ANOTHER torrent of Bestial powers.​​

Burst Shot didn't need an energy cost increase! For the Specialist this power was already impossible to use often as the only damage power until you reach your 20s.​​

Yeah, it would also be nice if Burst Shot could be charged, to make up for its 50ft limit (weird aspect for a blast).
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    The clones from Vorpal Blade should be facing your enemy, not away from the enemies.
  • sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    First of all, thank you for the Single Blade changes. I can finally make a vampire swordsman build without feeling like I'm selling myself short on stacking bleeds.

I would like to make a few suggestions:

1) Please increase Stim Pack's big heal to work on HP at 30% and below (originally 20%). It's just a tad bit too low.

2) Could we please get Mental Discipline updated so it's more in line with other forms? An energy proc would be greatly appreciated. I play a TK ranged build with Concentration and Placate (resistance debuff). Now that Placate has been nerfed, my only option for a resistance debuff is Ego Blade Breach. Although Mental Discipline is a great option for a hybrid (ranged/damage) ego damage dealer, it's lack of energy gain makes it very unattractive.
    Post edited by sinistro1978 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2016
    Query: Has anyone tested "Break Through" (new Crippling Challenge sans threat) to see if it does indeed apply the Unwavering buff (block disable immunity) after the Provoked debuff expires?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    So, I ran some numbers on the various telepathy DoTs and how they would give damage:

With no gear, stats, or specs, a full maintain of TK assault on my test char is 1197 damage over 4.5s; mental leech was 7 tics of 33 (total 231), shadow of doubt 7 tics of 38 (total 266). You could reasonably throw in a telepathy dot every second maintain -- so:
    • TK assault spam: 2394 damage/9s = 266 dps.
    • TK assault + mental leech: (2394+231)/9.67s = 271 dps (+2%)
    • TK assault + shadow of doubt: (2394 + 266)/9.67s = 275 dps (+3.3%)
    Note: these powers are area effects; however, DoTs generally perform poorly in AoE content because targets are defeated before the full effects of the DoT come into play. Overall, these powers do not appear to be worth a power pick for their simple damage output, particularly since activation time delay mostly consumes the benefit (if you assume a 0.1s activation delay, TK assault drops to 260 dps; TK assault + mental leech also drops to 260 dps, TK assault + shadow of doubt drops to 263).

So basically, in a boss fight, mental leech is a damage debuff doesn't cost you damage, shadow of doubt is a minor heal that doesn't cost damage. This isn't the worst power in the world -- but probably not actually worth a power slot unless your plan is to sleep things than then ego dot them to death. It also has the problem that there's no way to build a DoT specialist -- even if you cycle all four mental DoTs (these plus ego sprites and mental storm) you're only active 27% of the time.

I would suggest a better way to make ML/SoD balanced (not a dip everyone will just grab, also not a useless power pick) would be to allow some stacking (at least to 2), reduce or completely eliminate the cooldown, and then increase the activation time from 0.67s to 0.83 or 1 second.
    Hm, perhaps what could be done for TP builds that want to specialize in DoTs is to make each TP DoT considerably increase dmg of the others when applied. This could distinguish between those that just wanted to cherry-pick the DoTs vs. players trying to make bonafide dps builds from them.

Another option is to roll the Mailase and Mental Weakness debuffs back into the baseline of SoD and ML, but have a special adv that greatly boost their dmg at the cost of losing one of their their main beneficial effects.

Anyways, the TP DoTs are quite broken now in terms of just functionality. Mind Break's debuff consume for extra dmg/effects doesn't seem to be fully working, and even when picking up ML/SoD's special advs Manip still won't proc from them (since Manip doesn't seem to work w/ CC effects that are not baseline). This also applies to MS not working w/ TP Reverb, even though it innately holds. And that's w/ CoS still being bugged, and MotM still being a pretty poorly-made power.

TP is just a hot mess atm. I'd request a blank slate for the entire set, but I guess at this point we're in too deep.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'll certainly use EM w/Stimpack on a few builds that have been in need of a more thematic heal...

Of course, there is no guarantee that Manipulator adjustments (if they had to happen) will happen quickly enough that people won't just abandon the related powers because they have been messed up so much.

If? There is no if about it... manipulator needs adjustment to include advantaged CCs period, end of discussion. That simply NEEDS to happen.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
    sephelius said:

I'm guessing what you're saying is. it's to prevent it to be a goto healing power. But what i've seen is that the goto healing power for pvp/pve is Conviction and BCR w Resurgent Reiki+Masterful Dodge. No one uses Holdout Shot+Stim Pack unless its to stay in concept/theme of the characters.

Messed up the quotes there. But part of the reason is largely habit, I'd wager, and players not on the forums perhaps not being as aware of the new changes- as many of these new heals are tucked away in special advs. Conviction is still a simple upfront heal, and BCR/RR's synergy w/ MD is pretty widely known and ingrained by now.
  • merloidermerloider Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    So far, I'm a bit mixed on the changes. I agree with the others in that Crippling Challenge (or whatever its called.. Break Through?) is not worth three points. Also, with the massive proliferation of advantages, has one considered increasing the amount of advantage points one can assign to a power from five to, say, six or seven and/or the amount of advantage points available to a character in general?

Also:

- I am not a fan of abilities reducing their chances to proc their secondary effects while simultaneously losing their innate ability to refresh/stack said effect. Cyclone took a double nerf as a result. I understand the reasoning behind removing its innate refresh as you're trying to standardize all buff gains so that's fine.. but Cyclone with Vortex is supposed to suck stuff in with some regularity. That's its job. And lowering the proc chance of that kinda makes it unfun. And with the energy increase, the Might version, not having its own Supernatural Power, has always lagged behind the Infernal version.

- Since we're standardizing things now, Might could use a knock or disorient-based secondary energy unlock and Aspect of the Bestial could stand having its own Endorphin Rush, since it doesn't stack at a rate in excess of Enrage anymore.

- I would like to add my voice to the chorus asking for a Chains-based energy builder. I would also like to also see a Chains-based Tier 3 attack. It has always lacked a high damage attack one can use that fits the set. I had in mind a short to medium ranged maintain with a 5' cylinder or so, give people a good sound chaining. d('-' ) Sadistic Cackling as a 0-point advantage for bonus points. d('-'d)

- In fact, I wouldn't object to see a Chains-based block. Twirl it around in front of you or some such.

- And lastly, Chains-related, I'd like to see it support skins for Whips, Vines, Electric lashes, Energy lash, etc. Any and all of what the Swinging power has available would be lovely.

Oh, by the way, the ARC mail server is taking just over thirteen minutes to spit out its ARC Defender emails. I don't know if that's my service or yours but nothing else I receive has that kind of delay.
  • meeoeoowiemeeoeoowie Posts: 78 Arc User
    After minimal testing, some stirring in logic, comparing the stats of Slash versus Shred/Reaper's, I think it's fair to say that Slash is getting there, but there are a few notable points.

Like @notyuu suggested, making it entirely different could work fine. Personally, I think it should be a bleed combo that doesn't have a +chance when used with a melee form, but in stead a slightly higher base chance. This currently seems to be the direction it's going, but considering that it's in the position of a power which you'd only pick when not using a melee form, which buffs the damage and doubles the chance up to a 100% stack at the 3rd hit, I believe it might need a veeery slight improvement.

Currently, it has a slightly higher attack speed, which certainly helps, but it still stands that their chances are as such:
    RC (form) 30% , 30% , 100%
    Shred (form) 50% , 50% , 100%
    Slash (none*) 25% , 25% , 50%
    *has no x2 synergy

Slash does of course have the versatility of not requiring a melee form, but I'm not sure that it's as beneficial as it initially sounds, considering that the melee damage might be lackluster precisely due to the fact that it has no melee form.

General consensus is that if we're adding a melee form intended to be the go-to when wanting a melee bleed combo when using a non-melee form, it might be worth ramping it up to a 25% , 25% , 60% or even a 30% , 30% , 60% (as someone else suggested).
    It will never outclass the other bleed combos which have their respective melee forms and far exceed the damage potential, but it will feel like a cute little bridge-power for ranged+melee hybrid builds.

Pardon if I wrote poorly or didn't make much sense, I haven't been catching much sleep lately​​
    [A Place to Post Power Concepts] - I don't update this thing as often as I want to, but it is not abandoned!
    [Daily Login Rewards] - They sure would spice things up a bit!
    [Monthly Rewards and Silver Players] - Surely there should be some way to get them, no matter how difficult!
    [Discussion Concerning Event Powers] - Feel like you're missing out on Holy Water? Uh, probably shouldn't.
    [Discussion Concerning Energy Stats] - More or less what it says on the tin, there.
    [Analysis of Sorcery Copy-Powers] - I showcase some visual chopjobs, and such.
    [Analysis of a Poison Spread Bug] - The different interactions Virulent Propagation and Bite has with all poisons.
  • ironman12348ironman12348 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    You guys are nerfing dodge like it's already not impossible for new content. Dodgers can't deal with the new content as main tanks because of how shaky the chance is, and now you're making them even easier to die. Cutting down duration in order to balance them with adv is plain stupid. You'd better make Stim Pack adv on EM to cut down EM duration, so the things would be balanced.
  • sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    Bug: Slash's bleed chance percentage is not doubled with Focus.
    Bug: Cut Down will not let you select more than 1 advantage. The others grey out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.