test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Events idea

psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 725 Arc User
Events: should be a small story, not just a few fights and over, rinse and repeat till dead. The story should have multiple obstacles of different types and require a bit of team work. The end reward should be able to be account bound and be chosen off a list. Some tokens can be gained as well like now, just more tokens. You should not have to do the event more than 5 or so times to get 3 items, more only if you want them for other characters or to get a special drop that can be sold or kept. Then you could make Travel powers 150, Auras maybe 50, the side kick is priced good, and the other things should be priced around 50 to 100 price range.
The cost of items now : 450 tokens is way too much as the events are now, as it takes repeating the current event now over and over and over and over a course of the event just to get a power or aura ect…
Forcing us to repeat an event many times just so you can keep us playing is not a good tactic, as you are the ones who worked on COH. You should understand what was working in the original game could work here, unless it is all about a money grab.
As it stands now the content has too little variation, maybe adding different goals during and adventure with different rewards, or multiple endings.
Again just pitching ideas.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    It'd help if you left the accusations out of your suggestions. People are a lot more receptive when you don't throw that sort of stuff in there.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    If players can get the rewards too easily then the event is hardly worth the time and effort.

You know what happens when they make the event stuff easy to get? People start crying about how they already have all that stuff so they don't participate.

While I would have liked to have had more of a payoff for the nightmare invasion in terms of story (a lair that provided some background on the story and reason for the invasion), it was what it was and when it comes back next year I will still have reason to run it, even if not anything particularly important to me.

It's still something that could draw me into running the event missions which provides new players/alts with that much more help.

Yeah, they can add stuff over time, and eventually might have to in order to give players a reason to run it, but they do not need to make anything particularly easy to get.

They just need to make things easy enough so as not to completely frustrate people.

I was able to get several different things from the nightmare invasion. How much easier did things need to be?

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    It still boggles my mind that people complained that the Nightmare invasion lasted too long... O_O'
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

While I would have liked to have had more of a payoff for the nightmare invasion in terms of story

Who knows, maybe there's still something to come... oooooOOOOOooooo *scary ghost sounds*
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

the current event for july for example: I have ran the event so many times that I am sick of it. and just wanted a few of the auras and a few travel powers really. I can not live on the game as I have a life and work so foa only have 0ne trail aura, still not enough for the ravel power. about half way there and hate this, spawn in kill first boss, go to second, then third and end fight 3 bosses. rinse repeat till eyes bleed, no variation its just might as well be an arena and have three matches and big final then done. I mean they made a little base and had some dialog at the start but after 5 times I quit listening to it. At least with some other games (COH) they had more to the event than what is here. Reducing the price of the travel powers and others would be better and adding special drops which they do have and I got two is good, but I feel the pricing is too high I mean 400 for a travel power. This is one reason why I refuse to do the onslaught event as the prices are way over the top and the amout of tokens you get is no were worth doing it.

So get what you want most first, then move on to what you want second most, then third most, and so on.
    You can use an alt to maximize the daily when it comes to getting some account-wide rewards, like the action figure. A secondary character could unlock that in three days just running the daily and let your main save up for something more expensive.

Optionally, just do whatever you do and right before the event ends see what you can afford and decide what you want to spend your tokens on then.

See, that's how these annual events work.
    That's exactly what you quoted me saying.

Prioritize and wait until next time.

And if you think that the world will end if you don't get all the shinys then you can always buy Patriot tokens at the Drifter store.