test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is an odd time for a patch.

Just tried to log in, and a patch at 10:30 am ST? Since when did that happen?

Did cryptic know I was gonna finally fix my healer? Is it a conspiracy because I have the day off? Have I had 2 pots of coffee since 4am, and therefore do I possess entirely too much energy with now nothing to do with it?

I feel like I'd be a bad forum user if I didn't whine a little about stuff they couldn't possibly have known, don't they know that I'm the only one that plays this game?

But seriously, since when did we get patches in the afternoon? I thought they always came stupidly late at night, when only the people from weird countries I've never heard of were on.

In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
dbnzfo.png
RIP Caine

Comments

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    It was at the same time it always was...but apparently something else needed fixing so it got extended. Seems to happen on a fairly frequent basis. Not much you can do about it.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User

Just tried to log in, and a patch at 10:30 am ST? Since when did that happen?

When I tried to log in earlier, then announcement was standard, 7am-9am PST (don't ask why I tried to log in during known maintenance time, I'm just that stubborn). I went to log in after that time and saw the updated announcement that you describe. So, apparently something went wacky with the maintenance and they had to extend it. At least they were kind enough to update the announcement.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    Huh. So they DID know I was logging in!

Seems to be up now, at least. :smiley:
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

(don't ask why I tried to log in during known maintenance time, I'm just that stubborn).

I do it every time, after about an hour, to see if it will trigger the download and get that out of the way. :)

It HAS backfired on me a time or two with these extended ones, and there's still a download when they've finished, but...eh.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    2 POTS of coffee. I'm lucky if I can drink 2 cups a day without a headache. YOU... you... I am so jealous​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!