test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20160524.19 - More Patriot Event Stuff/Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Patriot Event
  • Added black and colorable versions of the Star Aura.
  • Added Sparks and Glint Trail auras to Liberty Guard's store.
  • Added American and Canadian Flag Superjumps to Liberty Guard's store.
  • Added Sparkle Fireworks device to Liberty Guard's store.
  • Mobs can now drop Patriot Bags, which can give you currency and temp versions of the Fireworks devices.
  • The temp Indy Kid offered in the store is now a different version from the one offered in the ZEN store.

Costumes
  • Corrected some typos with the flag capes.
  • Fixed some bugs where Flag Cape wasn't available under certain mantles.

Sidekicks
  • Adjusted Indy kid's powers. His attacks should now chain properly together.
  • Replaced his Shuriken Throw with Throwing Blades.
  • Indy Kid's attacks now have a chance to apply Disorient.
  • Added Loyal Indy Kid to the debugger.

Questionite Store
  • Added Tricolor Speed and Flight. These travel powers trail different colors behind you. The colors they use are dependant on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th colors from your chest costume.
  • All questionite travel powers now cost 250,000 questionite (a few were at 200,000).

Drifter Store
  • Added Distorted Rings Trail, Tech Rings Trail, Rings Trail, Glow Trail and Swirls Trail auras.

Misc
  • Put travel powers into categories so you can minimize ones you don't want to see.
  • Added a Mark 2 version of the Betta Exocet vehicle.
  • Added Kneepad costumes to the debugger.
  • Added Large Hook Hands costume to the debugger.
  • Fixed a bug where the nailed to the ground used by Cosmic Monsters did not match the range of their attacks.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.
Posts that do not specifically pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by the development team.
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203590/costume-bug-list
- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203148/onslaught-bugs-and-balance-qol-concerns
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198089/known-power-bugs
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1194284/champions-online-alerts-issues
- http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1198119/compiled-list-of-bugs-issues-and-qol-concerns-version-2-0​​

Comments

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    Are all Questionite Travel Powers Combat ready now? That additional utility on some of those TPs would make a price increase reasonable to bring them inline.

Not to mention the ones which cannot be colored (which I know is for technical/code spaghetti reasons)​​
  • Options
    knightironstarknightironstar Posts: 38 Arc User
    The prices for the Questionite Travel Powers should've been lowered, not raised.
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    glad i purchased all the travel powers i wanted before the scr and q cost increases
  • Options
    tmenif3904tmenif3904 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Could we have a leg accessories A and B so we can use the knee pads with armor plated set
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Kneeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    Padddddddddds
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Add a copy of knee pads to the foot accessories. Please.

I know it's not a foot but there are some great leg accessory pieces that would work great with the knee pads. Thigh/knee/shin protection
  • Options
    beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    New Flag Travel Power! Woo hoo!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'll be fine with the Q price increase if ALL TPs can be tinted.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    So what will happen to the male Spartan Skirt? I still wait for the category fix
    No im not letting it down until it get fixed and i can use Spartan Skirt with Pants and beast legs again!
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Patriot Event
    Questionite Store
    • Added Tricolor Speed and Flight. These travel powers trail different colors behind you. The colors they use are dependant on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th colors from your chest costume.
    • All questionite travel powers now cost 250,000 questionite (a few were at 200,000).

Aha, that's an excellent Silver-Friendly travel power!
    Heck I wish ALL travel powers were coloured based on your costumes

What is not excellent is the Price hike? really?

Remember when Q store Travel powers were suppoced to go on Discount?
    kaizerin wrote: »
    [*] Added Kneepad costumes to the debugger.

We are finally getting Kneepads available for players!

Request:
    please add it on multiply categories, people would like to use Leg Accesories with these
    In matter of fact, can we please get a new Kneepad category? this would make this better​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Bug: Lanterns do not hang properly if in a crouched position.
    Where it happens: Whenever you are not standing in a completely vertical stance.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Bug: The knee pad on the left leg is called "kneepad diamond" but on the right leg it's refer to as "defender kneepad"

also no union jack speed/jump/flight despite our whole "gaining independence from the EU" thing not to long ago, and before you go "but tri-colour flight" with those powers you can make the flags of the armenia, azerbaijan, bulgaria, blafra, bollivia, germany, estonia, gabon, hungary, lithuania, lexembourg, netherlands, sudan(old), sierra leone, south ossetia and yemen... not not the union jack, so wth gives?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    More unnecessary price hikes to make the game even grindier? Really?
  • Options
    kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    Kneepads should be their own category, not leg accessories. Also, why are we getting Defender's kneepads of all things instead of the other kneepads?
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kaizerin said:

Questionite Store

​​
    I do like the way the Tri Color travel powers work; please consider using this formula for more travel powers, vehicles, character powers and auras.

I do not understand the reason for the travel power price hike. The new travel powers SHOULD be 250,000 questionite because of the extra color options; all of the others should be discounted down to 175,000 questionite because of their simplicity and age. In my opinion, if questionite were made an account-wide currency as drifter salvage and available in the shared bank, this price hike would not bother me so much.
  • Options
    Questionite is essentially account bound. First use one character to sell some at the lowest price possible (so no one will buy it), then immediately cancel the transaction. You can then use another character to withdraw the Q.

All currencies and auras should be account bound. Spread the word.
    kyastral said:

In my opinion, if questionite were made an account-wide currency as drifter salvage and available in the shared bank, this price hike would not bother me so much.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    gradii said:

draogn said:

More unnecessary price hikes to make the game even grindier? Really?

Meanwhile I can still gear a character in a few minutes work a day on STO.. Someones doing it right at least. I wonder when CO will finally wake up and learn..
    Actually most mmos are like this, and I don't recall any of those other mmos ever increasing the costs to such absurd heights. In fact, as time goes on most MMOS tend to lower the price of older/outdated gear/items when releasing new pieces. (*Unless of course the prices are already reasonable*)
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Suggestion: base the Tricolor powers on your Back piece, if any, not your Chest piece. If you look at comic book trails, they have a tendency to be cape extensions.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    Suggestion: base the Tricolor powers on your Back piece, if any, not your Chest piece. If you look at comic book trails, they have a tendency to be cape extensions.

Unfortunately there is an issue with this. If you do not have a cape or back piece, the travel power colors will just be black.​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kaizerin said:

Unfortunately there is an issue with this. If you do not have a cape or back piece, the travel power colors will just be black.​​

I assume there's no option for a fallthrough. Oh well, most costumes that want that effect are pretty color coordinated anyway.
  • Options
    paradoxmasterparadoxmaster Posts: 13 Arc User
    Kaiserin, i feel the kneepads might be better suited as foot accessories rather than leg accessories. It would open up a wider array of customization concerning them, including the use of them as actual kneepads in conjunction with boots and regular leg accessories. Something to consider.
  • Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User

Questionite is essentially account bound. First use one character to sell some at the lowest price possible (so no one will buy it), then immediately cancel the transaction. You can then use another character to withdraw the Q.

All currencies and auras should be account bound. Spread the word.

kyastral said:

In my opinion, if questionite were made an account-wide currency as drifter salvage and available in the shared bank, this price hike would not bother me so much.

Hmm.. that sounds like too much work to give my other characters questionite. I would rather have questionite available in the shared bank; that would be easier to deal with.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    deleted

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Bug: When unlocking the new travel powers from the Q Store, you are given the message "Unable to use this item" after unlocking the power.

Sidenote: The tricolor travel powers are kind of dark. The colors should be a lot brighter.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Up to you to decide if it's too much work, but it is not bound to account if you do this. I've got 1.2 million on one guy this way.
    kyastral said:

Hmm.. that sounds like too much work to give my other characters questionite. I would rather have questionite available in the shared bank; that would be easier to deal with.

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    I'd recommend reducing the cost of the Q-travel powers to 150,000, they're way overpriced. And, if easily implimented, allow the player to spend 500,000 Q or 1500 Zen to purchase an additional TP slot.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    Bug on Live: It looks like the new lanterns get wrapped up into your cape texture when you use the Cape Flight travel power (specifically replicated via archer cape from neck and lantern on back). Kind of neat looking -- in a frantic, blinking, 'my cape is about to murder me' kind of way.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    It would be kinda cool (and fitting) if we could get Liberty Guard's knee-pads (same ones that the Collectors Store guy is wearing) as well as the ones that were added, I always wanted those.

Maybe a 'Knee-Pads' category in the tailor is called for now :)
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User

Request:
    Please make the knee pads foot accessories, so that way we can wear leg armor with the knee pads.
  • Options
    splosionssplosions Posts: 37 Cryptic Developer
    notyuu said:

Sidenote: The tricolor travel powers are kind of dark. The colors should be a lot brighter.

hhmh. They're kinda whatever you set them to be right now? I could potentially make them additive but that washes out black (Which is Belgium, Germany, Estonia, etc). I didn't want to add another multiple (additive/nonadditive x superspeed/flight x horizontal x vertical) for sheer upkeep and interface reasons. I suppose I could try multiplying the colors by 1.5 or something like that, which would keep black, because [0,0,0] * [1.5,1.5,1.5] is still [0,0,0]) but that seems like it would cause some pretty serious distortion.
  • Options
    splosions wrote: »
    hhmh. They're kinda whatever you set them to be right now? I could potentially make them additive but that washes out black (Which is Belgium, Germany, Estonia, etc). I didn't want to add another multiple (additive/nonadditive x superspeed/flight x horizontal x vertical) for sheer upkeep and interface reasons. I suppose I could try multiplying the colors by 1.5 or something like that, which would keep black, because [0,0,0] * [1.5,1.5,1.5] is still [0,0,0]) but that seems like it would cause some pretty serious distortion.

try 1.3 instead? maybe the distortion (whatever that means) won't be so bad, yet there will still be a bit more brightness to the colors​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    And, if easily implimented, allow the player to spend 500,000 Q or 1500 Zen to purchase an additional TP slot.

Now THERE is a great business opportunity.​​
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    Not unless that's an account wide price tag. Regardless, TPs need general need a pass and separated from the power progression so they can be incorporated into changing the skin when we want.​​
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    FWIW, I think Tricolor flight works perfectly as is. Yes, it's a bit too plain and dark with some color schemes, but with a suitably bright wardobe, it looks gorgeous. Tricolour, my french hero, looks stunning with it. I would advise picking up some streaming auras for the more plain combinations.

Hopefully, we can get skull streaming in time for Septemebr, and then we can do Pirate Flag Flight :)
  • Options
    talaparitalapari Posts: 14 Arc User
    The Tri-color superspeed, on both of them, have what i am considering an animation glitch. as you are jumping, you are still running instead of jumping like in other superspeeds and running animations. In addendum, i cannot test graphical glitches with new pieces if i can't access them, and perks and rewards from transfers, don't transfer. On PTS i would suggest removing the perk requirements if you wish to have them tested. I usually do extensive costume fixations, on how certain aura's react to different materials and such. But i also understand that some things are pretty much underlined for hard coding purposes. but i can't do telios or qwijybo with no one to assist in the pts server every time i want to test out one of the new aura's or powers.

I do hope we help eleviate most of the glitches that occur.
    uc?id=1hYNDw2qpS_hNp9F__9OJHsJoL5wtuDdm
  • Options
    So the kneepads are are only available if you buy the Indy Kid loyal sidekick for 1500 Zen.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    dimshade1dimshade1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Saint Patrick's Cross is missing from the Union flag in the cape options
  • Options
    Such a shame that the Flag Capes have baked-in colours, I've been waiting years for a Union Jack cape but will never use this one because of the garish colours.

Could we not just have the ability to colour them ourselves?
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the Star-Clasp though, really nice, very superheroic, silver age and simple..... I love it.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    Really disappointed with the lack of an actually padded fabric that wraps around the joint above the shin.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Suggestion: Please allow conversion of the previous event currency to the new ones. I have several characters that have 50-100 Patriot Tokens, but they are inventory items, and do not count in the event store.

Thanks.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    NOTE:Patriot bags also drop green gear, not your level. My level 12, got a level 32 in an alert from a bag.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    auras / firework bind to single character on pickup,not account bind ,these are cosmetic non power/combat affecting fun items , I don't understand why its bind on pickup ,this seems like a mistake and devalues the items, I could find a use for these perhaps at one point or on future characters, but im not going to grind for the sake of grinding to get each item on individual characters which may or may not want them , no one has that kind of time, please make them bind on equip or bind to account on pickup so I have a choice on where to use them, otherwise I can see no point in working to get them, shame really

on a side note I cant understand this recent obsession with bind on pickup as it discourages alts ,alts can be a huge investment ,personally I buy all the costumes to make alts and character slots , If I had one or two characters i wouldn't bother with that , alts mean more characters ,more stuff to buy ,more costumes ,gear and powers, spending on retraining ,does cryptic not want peoples money?
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    its ALWAYS about money
  • Options
    dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 166 Arc User
    Nephilim Masks (Full and Partial): could you please make these available as Eye Accessories?

Gunblades: could you make this available both as a Pistol and as a Melee Weapon? It is, after all, both a gun and a blade...

On the Binding issue: the Red Winter Alert is optimized for DPS builds; if my patriotic character is a support type, chances are that she won't do well enough to earn the Alert's reward. Which sucks if I'm trying to get one of the Auras for her. Please, either change the Alert so that you don't have to inflict massive amounts of damage to claim the reward, or make the Auras “Bind to Account” rather than “Bind to Character”.
  • Options
    ussharringtonussharrington Posts: 32 Arc User
    Are there any plans to allow us to exchange the old Patriot Token items for the new Patriot Token currency, in much the same way it was done for Onslaught tokens when they became a currency?
This discussion has been closed.