test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The game is no fun anymore and starts to drive me away

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    that's Jonsills points.Just badly phrased.

You WANT to get the good stuff like Justice gear but You don 't NEED it.

I go by "If I get it, I get it, If I don't I don't."
    None of my characters are in Justice gear or cosmic gear or onslaught gear,
    only a few on my main acct have any Legion gear,
    a couple have A rank 8 mod, no 9's.

I still do everything because you don't need them. It's all playing to your ego,

"Here's this great gear, you have to repeat this new hard content to get it."
    The implication being, that only the BEST players will be able to get this. From repeatedly doing this hard content.

Imagine if it was, win Justice gear by doing 2 of each rampage instead of getting 2 tokens. Everyone would have their characters geared within a month and everyone would be saying "I'm bored."​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • onlyepicwolfonlyepicwolf Posts: 94 Arc User
    You do realize it's not just gear that is a part of the problem.
    yes, I realizeand none of it, you NEED, you just WANT it. There is a difference.

it still goes back to time to keep players busy vs time Devs take to make stuff.
    Having players whizz through stuff fast and get everything straight away means they then need to make more stuff to do.That's the problem.
    It takes more time to make the content than players to play it.
    I'm casual too, I get to play evenings sometimes for an hour , mainly on the weekend.Currently I'm putting off walking to the shops because it's soggy outside.
    For example, when playing WOW, there was a level cap increase.On the first DAY people were going, "made it. When's the next update?"
    That about describes the situation.​​

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    cryneting said:

Dat cute cat tho..

You mean Red Bull Up Arse Cat. Thats why its eyes are watering.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    Why can't we have both the grind AND the chance for everything to drop?​​
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

Why can't we have both the grind AND the chance for everything to drop?​​

The latest stuff, Cosmics and Nightmare Invasion, is this. Maybe not everything but enough stuff. I got a whole set of the cosmic secondaries off the cosmics without buying a single piece.
    biffsig.jpg
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    glortor said:

People are not blind. Just because 3-4 kissers group up on somebody who posts what two dozens of people have been saying in game, it won't change the truth.

Again, the irony. Every time I say something positive about the game, the "neggy gang" shows up to group up on me... and you wanna pretend you're somehow being ganged up on? Sir, I lol in your general direction.
    edited May 2016

When they get priced 900+ SRC tokens? Not in the slightest. I don't have any motivation to play a whole month or longer just to unlock ONE part. And neither do have a vast majority of players, not to mention many newcomers.

So, you're not interested in playing the game for a month... so what does that mean.. three weeks from now you're going to uninstall it?
    edited May 2016

You do realize it's not just gear that is a part of the problem.

The entire problem is people who want to complain their way to rewards instead of playing the game that they're going to be playing anyway to get them. And if you're not going to be playing the game X time from now, then why do you care about the rewards? You won't be here to enjoy them anyway. This is simply a case of "I want it now!". It's, in a small way, similar to when a kid asks their parent to buy them a toy, and the parent says "Okay, if you do your chores for a week like a good boy/girl then we will buy you the toy"... and the kid throws themselves on the floor and screams and cries like a babby. See, it's only like that in a small way because you're not being asked to do chores - you're being asked to play a video game that you were playing anyway. Also different is that instead of throwing yourself on the floor and crying, you're just making catty forum posts about it... better or worse? I dunno.
    edited May 2016
    aesica said:

Don't assume that other players want exactly what you want.

This is your response after I just got done pointing out to you that not all players are the same?
    aesica said:

Grouping is fine, but if you honestly think players don't like to feel self sufficient as well, then sorry, there's no polite way to say this, but you're clueless.

So I guess you missed this part?
    spinnytop said:

As far as "solo player" vs "group player" I have a feeling that there isn't actually some sort of divide down the middle of the population with each player standing in one of those camps. I think it makes a lot more sense that the majority of players are both, and sometimes feel like soloing, and other times feel like grouping, and the game definitely keeps those kinds of players in mind.

Listen, I'm gonna give you a chance to actually read my post thoroughly before you respond to it again, because you clearly missed a lot of what I typed. The irony is you actually quoted this, but you type as if you'd never read it before - how else could you be implying that I think players don't like to feel self sufficient? That's pretty much required for solo play, which I clearly state here I think most players are into.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    And after six years, they indroduce "team content" to CO.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif

And after six years, they indroduce "team content" to CO.

And a bunch of people collectively get outraged about it.... so in the end, even they like to do things as a team :smiley:
  • unethicalgenkiunethicalgenki Posts: 13 Arc User
    Alot of people have been driven away by the current state of the game, huge grind for powers (which should be free btw), trash action figures and other garbage, no thanks, its not big and its not clever and its certainly not worth farming for.

What happens when the game swallows your tokens after you try to purchase something and support refuses to do anything to help? Yeah it happens and support do nothing, NOTHING!

Why did another bestial AT get released huh? This was totally not needed but it sure does look like a very sneaky way for someone to get some tasty bestial powers in the game.

This game at one point was pretty amaze but now its just been turned into somebodys personal playground.

now its just been turned into somebodys personal playground.

Yes, mine :smiley:
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Since we're making assertions, I say that the recent batch of changes to the game have brought back many returning players, and have held onto some new ones, too.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    spinnytop said:

So, you're not interested in playing the game for a month... so what does that mean.. three weeks from now you're going to uninstall it?

I'm having a hard time to decide if you're just trolling at this point or just being dense.
    spinnytop said:

The entire problem is people who want to complain their way to rewards instead of playing the game that they're going to be playing anyway to get them.

No, the entire problem is the ridiculous increase of required tokens to unlock costume pieces or gear that require you to play -every day- for over a -month- just to unlock -one- part while at the same time taking away content that rewarded you with the said tokens (UNITY missions).

In a game that already is a grind fest chore. Learn to read yourself before telling others to do so.

I'm having a hard time to decide if you're just trolling at this point or just being dense.

I'm pointing out the flaw in your logic. I know that you're obligated not to understand that by your political forum party.

No, the entire problem is the ridiculous increase of required tokens to unlock costume pieces or gear that require you to play -every day- for over a -month- just to unlock -one- part while at the same time taking away content that rewarded you with the said tokens (UNITY missions).

In a game that already is a grind fest chore. Learn to read yourself before telling others to do so.

"Playing every day for over a month" isn't much to be honest.

Look, I get that you don't want to wait a month to get the thing you want, doing things you may not think are stellar in the process of getting them ( I bet there are a few people who just want to mess with costumes, not actually play content, and hate the idea that they have to play content to get costume pieces ). The problem is, the fact that you want these things is the reason that the grind had to be made as long as it is. I fought for you months ago, saying that grinds didn't have to be long and that people will just do stuff for fun and you don't have to make them chase a carrot... but, I lost that battle, the other side was right, and you just have to accept that so long as you care more about getting rewards than you do about having fun doing whatever you're doing in the game, this is the way it has to be, in this game and others. The game has adapted to "common knowledge" in the game industry, and the only thing you can actually do about that is to stop caring about the rewards... that's basically what I do. I just don't give two boots about rewards, do stuff for fun, and then am pleasantly surprised when I happen to get some rewards. If I cared about rewards and forced myself to grind stuff I don't find fun I would get burnt out in less than a week - that's why I just refuse to farm anything ever.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    And a bunch of people collectively get outraged about it.... so in the end, even they like to do things as a team

Teaming's fun. It's the team-forming mechanic, as keeps being explained. Before level 40 you have missions to do, and dynamic queues for loads of fun PUG-able stuff. Fill your boots. Level 35-39 is the best of the game, because you've got a decently realised character and access to decent mission, Alerts and Rampages. And then you hit lvl40, and there's no regular missions, and suddenly you notice that finding game content involves too often standing around in Ren Cen going "looking for Frost Tank/event team" to Zone for 30 minutes. If there was a quick and easy way for people to advertise for teams there'd be people doing more stuff. It just needs to be fast and simple, no harder than pushing "Join" on the Grab Alert queue.

Teaming's fun. It's the team-forming mechanic, as keeps being explained. Before level 40 you have missions to do, and dynamic queues for loads of fun PUG-able stuff. Fill your boots. Level 35-39 is the best of the game, because you've got a decently realised character and access to decent mission, Alerts and Rampages. And then you hit lvl40, and there's no regular missions, and suddenly you notice that finding game content involves too often standing around in Ren Cen going "looking for Frost Tank/event team" to Zone for 30 minutes. If there was a quick and easy way for people to advertise for teams there'd be people doing more stuff. It just needs to be fast and simple, no harder than pushing "Join" on the Grab Alert queue.

Players can just hit join to join a rampage queue... that option is right there, just a few boxes below that Grab Alert queue you referenced. People choose to stand around saying "looking for frost tank" and utilize the private queue feature that was implemented for those people that wanted that. As it turns out, the majority of people interested in that content prefer to use the private queue rather than the auto-queue. The population seems to be against you on this one.

There is a quick and easy way for you to advertise for teams.... typing "LFG for event dailies" is quick and easy, and has been demonstrated to get people groups quickly and easily. You can also just invite other people that you see buzzing around the objectives, like I've done a few times.
    spinnytop said:

I'm pointing out the flaw in your logic. I know that you're obligated not to understand that by your political forum party.

There's no flaw. But I know you're obligated to continue to think there is.
    spinnytop said:

"Playing every day for over a month" isn't much to be honest.

No, it is. Making sure you spend a few hours a day just so you're one-out-of-thirty-plus-days down is much. It's a boring chore that doesn't reward you in any way.
    spinnytop said:

Look, I get that you don't want to wait a month to get the thing you want, doing things you may not think are stellar in the process of getting them ( I bet there are a few people who just want to mess with costumes, not actually play content, and hate the idea that they have to play content to get costume pieces ).

At this point the community consists of RolePlayers, costume makers and PVP clones. And the former two would love to get their hands on those cool new and old pieces. But can't as it's locked behind a grind/time wall. So no one bothers to actually play the game.
    spinnytop said:

The problem is, the fact that you want these things is the reason that the grind had to be made as long as it is. I fought for you months ago, saying that grinds didn't have to be long and that people will just do stuff for fun and you don't have to make them chase a carrot... but, I lost that battle, the other side was right, and you just have to accept that so long as you care more about getting rewards than you do about having fun doing whatever you're doing in the game, this is the way it has to be, in this game and others.

The 'other side' isn't right. If a the dev's idea of giving us motivation and incentive to play the game was by hiring Kaiserin (might have spelled it wrong) who's helping us get more and more costume pieces, but then locking majority of them behind a grind/time wall and taking away part of the content that was bearable to get through just to score more tokens, is like a parent who's showing their kids all cool toys he/she got them, only to put them on the highest shelf and breaking the ladder.

It's dumb.
    spinnytop said:

The game has adapted to "common knowledge" in the game industry, (...)

No. The game adopted lockboxes. There's no 'common knowledge' whatsoever in CO at this point.
    spinnytop said:

(...)and the only thing you can actually do about that is to stop caring about the rewards... that's basically what I do.

The sad part is that it's partially true. Because the devs don't give a crap that we want to be rewarded after a week or so of playing enjoyable content, but rather that we, as mentioned, see the dangling carrot so far away that we no longer give a damn.

If they cared they would never put such token prices on the items AND remove means to earn the tokens faster by PLAYING the game.

In the end, it's a lost battle. Everyone here doesn't see a problem that's being pointed out and no wonder the game's being filled with boring content that doesn't really reward the players for playing a dated game who still support it throughout the years, with people on the forum simply nodding each time a new questionable change rolls in.

I'm out, peace.
    People choose to stand around saying "looking for frost tank" and utilize the private queue feature that was implemented for those people that wanted that. As it turns out, the majority of people interested in that content prefer to use the private queue rather than the auto-queue. The population seems to be against you on this one.

The reason they do that is because success in Fire and Ice is completely dependent on having a character that can tank Frosticus. If you don't have that, wipeout ensues. Personally, I'm at the point that I would happily retcon all my level 40 alts into a Frost Tank for the purposes of getting the darn Rampage going.... if I knew what the recipe was (there's another thread here).

The PQ system for F&I otherwise works great - all it needs is for people to be able to use that mechanic to set up PQs for other stuff - lairs, missions, NemCon, Adventure Packs, whatever - and to be able to advertise on the Alert board, so that everyone else can see what other people want to play and join in with no fuss.

There is a quick and easy way for you to advertise for teams.... typing "LFG for event dailies" is quick and easy, and has been demonstrated to get people groups quickly and easily. You can also just invite other people that you see buzzing around the objectives, like I've done a few times.

It's about instant teams for single portal events, not doing two or three, a long lair, or whatever. That's the level of commitment I can give to the game, because most days of the week I'm playing in a situation where I could be interrupted at any time. Lazy? Possibly? Demanding? Sure. But that's where I am with it.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    and you expect to get full rewards for partial effort?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Games plenty fun. I get to tun around like a midget furry M Bison.
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    edited May 2016
    stupid double post
    edited May 2016
    and you expect to get full rewards for partial effort?

No, I don't care about the rewards at all (nothing in this event's reward set floats my boat). I just play for the fun of it. And in the spirit of wanting everyone to enjoy their game time, I don't want to be the flake who forms a team and then drops out ten minutes later because of other stuff. I'll turn up at the Colossus, though, or the Cosmics in MI or Canada (assuming I know when those are on, being on a four hour timer), or any other event if I think it'll be fun and I have a window. That would apply to anyone who wanted to do an older lair, Mechanon finale, etc (all the stuff that doesn't get run much anymore). So a queue/advert system - want team for Mechanon, lvl40, 30-60 minutes game time, click if you're in/available - would suit me fine.
    And how would auto-teaming change whether your team ends up short at no notice?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Hrmmm. The massive illogical flow of thought coming from this post with the anti-teamers trying to tell the teamers they got it wrong, then saying they need auto teaming methods to fix problems, yet such methods exist, but no one takes advantage of them, but then they claim that no one teaming is a problem, then turn around and say auto teaming would fix this, but don't say how it would fix it.

Just going in circles.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    It's a perfectly simple proposal. Allow players to start queues for missions of their choice which replicate the functionality of Alert queues (including the TP to mission location), and provide a cross-zone, public platform for other players to see them and join in if they wish to. I know there are equivalent functions but appeal in zone-invite to team-use Zen store item to TP team to location - is slow, clunky and not really in keeping with the post On Alert game.

The Nightmare event - which is good fun, btw - has comedy Zone shenanigans as a sideline. "LFG for Event dailies", followed by ten minutes of trying to get everyone in the same instance (they're usually full) and at the same Syphon or Portal. In the end it's easier and quicker just to bring out a vehicle and DIY.

It's a darn sight quicker to assemble a team, which leaves more time for playing the game, reduces the risk of interruption, and gives more time for re-assembling things if people do leave. Now It is true that players tend to drop out of auto-queued missions a bit more than they might otherwise, but this only tends to affect daily grinds; otherwise the reasonable assumption is that the players who've joined the queue are actually interested in playing the content.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be PUG style randoms, btw - there's some team management tools already in the F&I code which could be used.

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    jonsills said:

I've been playing for years. As a notorious altaholic, I've raised three toons to 40 and a number of others well into the 30s. And in all that time, I've never felt the need to grind for any of your fancy-schmancy "Heroic" or "Justice" or any of that other gear. Found a few pieces from time to time, and they can make me feel even more overpowered, but as I don't really care about cosmics, I've never felt like there's anything I can't run. (Okay, soloing lairs on MI while I'm at the same level they are is approaching the impossible, but since none of them are actually required, that's no big deal for me.)

I submit that if you feel you must grind, the issue may be with you, rather than the game.

I'm with Jon on this. I have lots of alts, most of them AT's. I can pretty much run anything in the game. You're talking to someone who stubbornly figured out how to make a Radiant work on Cosmic runs.. A RADIANT. If I can turn the Radiant from a Cosmic fail to a consistent cosmic winner on Merc gear and rank 5's... well there you have it. My two FF's and my host of AT's do fine with their blue merc and exchange gear. I'm far too lazy and disinterested to farm for better. I probably could, but again.. LAZY. This game has no gear checks or mandatory requirements for content, all you need to do is show up. I mean heck.. my level 32 FF is soloing lvl 41 mobs in MI.... with questionite leveling gear. What other game would allow such insanity? I can't think of one. We have it pretty good here, and very few appreciate it.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    riverocean wrote: »
    I'm with Jon on this. I have lots of alts, most of them AT's. I can pretty much run anything in the game. You're talking to someone who stubbornly figured out how to make a Radiant work on Cosmic runs.. A RADIANT. If I can turn the Radiant from a Cosmic fail to a consistent cosmic winner on Merc gear and rank 5's... well there you have it. My two FF's and my host of AT's do fine with their blue merc and exchange gear. I'm far too lazy and disinterested to farm for better. I probably could, but again.. LAZY. This game has no gear checks or mandatory requirements for content, all you need to do is show up. I mean heck.. my level 32 FF is soloing lvl 41 mobs in MI.... with questionite leveling gear. What other game would allow such insanity? I can't think of one. We have it pretty good here, and very few appreciate it.

Trust me, they will just call you an elitist, because doing something no one else can is evidently being elitist. Just like I tank with regeneration when everyone else said tanking with regeneration couldn't be done. But I am an elitist because evidently being able to do the content that doesn't match their expectations is being an elitist.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

The Nightmare event - which is good fun, btw - has comedy Zone shenanigans as a sideline. "LFG for Event dailies", followed by ten minutes of trying to get everyone in the same instance (they're usually full) and at the same Syphon or Portal. In the end it's easier and quicker just to bring out a vehicle and DIY.

It's a darn sight quicker to assemble a team, which leaves more time for playing the game, reduces the risk of interruption, and gives more time for re-assembling things if people do leave. Now It is true that players tend to drop out of auto-queued missions a bit more than they might otherwise, but this only tends to affect daily grinds; otherwise the reasonable assumption is that the players who've joined the queue are actually interested in playing the content.

Yesterday I spent all of ONE minute forming a team. Then the four of us did the portal daily. One guy logged out leaving 3 of us to do the terror siphons... which is easier than portals. One guy apparently had to step away for a bit after that... (He got KOed and didn't respawn for a few minutes.) Then the third guy went to do the cutscene quest, so I went back to turn in the portal and siphon quests. But about that time someone broadcasted that a colossus fight was about to start, so I jumped on that. Halfway through, the other two guys asked if there was a colossus active so I replied "here" and a short while later they found me.

I don't see any way that auto-teaming would have made that faster.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

If there was a quick and easy way for people to advertise for teams there'd be people doing more stuff.

There is. Multiple channels exist for this purpose, and it only takes a couple minutes if the interested people are on. The problem is that there might not be anyone specifically looking to frost tank or whatever at the moment.

The reason they do that is because success in Fire and Ice is completely dependent on having a character that can tank Frosticus. If you don't have that, wipeout ensues. Personally, I'm at the point that I would happily retcon all my level 40 alts into a Frost Tank for the purposes of getting the darn Rampage going.... if I knew what the recipe was (there's another thread here).

Take con and a defensive passive?
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    naciiito said:

ummmmm..... not all people dislike grinding

Perhaps but I suspect that the market for masochists is fairly niche and not very populated. Also OP... Woah... Typo Hell there buddy.
    Why can't we have both the grind AND the chance for everything to drop?

because that would be sensible.​​

At this point the community consists of RolePlayers, costume makers and PVP clones. And the former two would love to get their hands on those cool new and old pieces. But can't as it's locked behind a grind/time wall. So no one bothers to actually play the game.

This is a questionable claim at best. What I see in game conflicts with what you seem to think is going on.

I'm out, peace.

Have fun wherever you end up :smile:
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    naciiito said:

Most sane people would dislike unrewarding grinding with bad rng combined with time-penalty. I don't mind grinding, but then i WANT that carrot, i don't want rng to decide, like it does in CO. You can do 100 Rampages and never get a token.
    In WoW it took me 1 weekend to grind for the Netherdrake, when it took other people weeks, because i put the time in... that's the kind of grind i want. I don't want time-locked grind that tells me "you can only do this twice a day...."
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

jonsills said:

I've been playing for years. As a notorious altaholic, I've raised three toons to 40 and a number of others well into the 30s. And in all that time, I've never felt the need to grind for any of your fancy-schmancy "Heroic" or "Justice" or any of that other gear. Found a few pieces from time to time, and they can make me feel even more overpowered, but as I don't really care about cosmics, I've never felt like there's anything I can't run. (Okay, soloing lairs on MI while I'm at the same level they are is approaching the impossible, but since none of them are actually required, that's no big deal for me.)

I submit that if you feel you must grind, the issue may be with you, rather than the game.

**chest pound peace sign**

Mah bruvahs!

What they said. Easy game is easy.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    diggot said:

naciiito said:

Most sane people would dislike unrewarding grinding with bad rng combined with time-penalty. I don't mind grinding, but then i WANT that carrot, i don't want rng to decide, like it does in CO. You can do 100 Rampages and never get a token.
    In WoW it took me 1 weekend to grind for the Netherdrake, when it took other people weeks, because i put the time in... that's the kind of grind i want. I don't want time-locked grind that tells me "you can only do this twice a day...."
    THIS!

This is the main difference between CO and other games and what maked me start this thread in the first place.

And again for the others who talk about gear, i not care for the gear i was able to do most in game so far easily witohut effort with simple lvl 40 gear that drops from mobs, inclduing doing lairs alone on elite mod like andrith ruins, with certain builds.

But yes main point of this thread is AGAIN, the ridicliuos amount of costs and prices and the grind itself, not to do with not wantign to or not showing effort, becasue THIS *points to quote*, the game not even allows you to grind that much at a time if i could do the Unity missions or other stuff several times a day on my own and not have to wait for a daily reset, which even seems buggy at times when it does not reset, this is no fun because nto everyone can play every day at a specific time or have fun with doing somethign over and over again if there is no variety. Especialy bad with thigns like the Onslaught Villain, since you need The targets now includign the squad as respawn trigger, and then also the thing is borken already since you eather kill new players or unkillable ones.

But i am loosing track here, my main point is still they will lose people with such "new content", because it isa joke considering other gaems can handle such better, games that are even worse, again i like CO i love the Customazation, but tell me how exactly do tehy make money with this? YOu can't buy tokens or boost it somehoe and rather get frustrated over this grind then anything else.

So please someone explain me there logic. And again i not care for the gear i have fun with most misisons, when they are made godo i want to play them again but not this grinding stuff and hunting eather down the same mobs over and over or repeat teh same mission each day. Example, Nemesis Bunker Buster, i love this mission becasue of the villaisn and heroes that change insdie and always seem mostly different, the vocie acting for the most part is good etc. but this thing is still bugged sadly and sometimes unbeatable.

Why they always start thigns and never fix or even continue it, nemesis system, adventure packs, whiteout, questonite store which rarely gets un update and when it does also seems overprized, but that you can atleast buy with zen so it makes sense marketign wise, but even then it rarely got an update sicne it was introduced, then the lockbox reward they removed and changed it agian, the vehicles what real content do we have? sky racing? wow very innovative, sky command? yeha alot not evne use vehicles and still hold there ground, lemurian invasion i like, i like the cybermind alert becasue a boss mechanic for once and not jsut beating it up mostly like therakile or shadow destroyer having one, that is thigns i like i like the voice acting in nemesis conforntation and resitance both, i really like this game and i do alot in it and msotly did, but even i have my limits and agian people seem to think this makes me lazy and not want ot put effort into it.

You guys not want to put a thought into it i say, you take changes and updates as a normal thing and just go with it without wasting any of your braincells it seems, even taht some not seem to have some at all i get the felling at times, and the ones who do complain eather are to lazy or just trolls or haters. Congrats people this is why i hate this community and i normaly even post anything on the forum, but this time i had to, guess what people are different, have different oppinions and different lifes, not anyone can or want ot play a game, even as much they like it, play it 24hours a day jsut to "earn" something". The main thing here is, the introducing things, change it later till it is unpalyable or no fun anymore, again, i like this gaem and alot in it but recent updates and this communitys hate on people who tell there worries here drives me away.

Also if they introduced recognitions they could had added new stuff you knwo for trading or so and not increase the prices 8 times more like msot complain about the heroic gear, which is basicly not worth to get now. This is what most people piss off, because new palyers basicly get a middle finger to the face for not beeign tehre earlier and buying it before that saving 9.902398052380 whatever tokens up for such. Which i did not becasue i not knowed it whoudl increase taht much and i seleed jsut items for resources tehre once sicnei had all, even i had saved them i whould not have enough for one costume piece.

And here i come to the end of my post and to everyoen who defend this just with flaming on others, you are the ones without a life it seems and know nothing else then girnd, because guess what, you can have a grind but doing it with fun and variety and not like this, AGAIN i not mind grind, but not famring like a month for one single piece thing, 2 weeks maybe or 3, but srsly are you guys that blind? This is all i want to say now.

P.S. Auras suck aswell, since not beeign just a simple costuem piece and extra costume slot piece, and you have to trade them with your chars or buy several ones if you got alot chars you want ot use one aura on, especily since i saw the event auras are bind on pickup, so i have to grind for those for each char i want them for? Great concept.

Just wanted to get that of my chest.

Edit: Also i not mind teaming aswell i like to enjoy playing a support build, but again like on my orinial post, you sohuld not be forced to do outside evnet missions on a team, this belogns in instanced lairs or rampages, except open missions of course since there are always peopel and you can team up without needing to look for people first.
    edited May 2016
    Well to me the prices aren't ridiculous. Then again, I'm not constantly on the verge of threatening to quit the game, so I know I'll be here in a month, so it doesn't bother me that it might take a month for me to get a given reward. Or two months. Or six months. Or however long I let it take. Heck, I'm okay with never getting them too, it's just video game stuff after all.
    diggot said:

That's why I prefer stuff like Cosmics and TA instead of Rampages. Rampage rewards are pure RNG, and I don't like that. With Cosmics and TA I'm always seeing steady, guaranteed progress towards my goals. There's a chance to get additional rng rewards, but there's always a guaranteed increment of progress. Kind of like the current event - guaranteed progress.

I find it interesting that in a thread where people are complaining that they have to do things too much to get their rewards, your complaint is actually that you're not allowed to do things more in a given day. See the funny part about that is, the daily restriction actually attempts to even the playing field between people who have less time to play and people who have more time to play. It also attempts to prevent people from burning themselves out, but that's besides the point.

The fact that the OP has agreed with this complaint makes me think that this whole thread can literally be summed up as "I don't want to wait X days before getting my video game thing". Because at this point, that's clearly what it's about. At which point I'll just go ahead and toss it out there again.. if you're still going to be playing X days from now, then there's really no issue waiting X days for a reward. If you think threatening to lose interest in the game is going to lower X, then I can assure you that all you're going to ensure is that mommy doesn't buy you the toy.
  • masterproteusmasterproteus Posts: 19 Arc User
    it's a shame that the Cybermind boss mechanic is awful, though. It doesn't help the information required to partake in the boss fight is conveyed so poorly that most people don't know what to do even when Socrates tells them, like the information is wrong or something. It's not a boss fight I'd expect a pug to be able to do.
    edited June 2016
    usual scrambled sentences, as I thought them up.
    Alot of people have been driven away by the current state of the game, huge grind for powers (which should be free btw), trash action figures and other garbage, no thanks, its not big and its not clever and its certainly not worth farming for.

What happens when the game swallows your tokens after you try to purchase something and support refuses to do anything to help? Yeah it happens and support do nothing, NOTHING!

Why did another bestial AT get released huh? This was totally not needed but it sure does look like a very sneaky way for someone to get some tasty bestial powers in the game.

This game at one point was pretty amaze but now its just been turned into somebodys personal playground.

Bestial is bleed and poison mix. The only new power I've run into with it, is the Block and you can choose between that or retaliation.
    You're sounding like the person in another thread. 'Why did they waste time on another AT,they should just make new powers.' They don't like AT's, so they see no reason why the Devs should make any more instead of focussing on new powers for FF.

A lot of players are Silver and some Golds also play AT's. My third acct is silver and has 1 free FF and 16 AT's.
    Support can only do so much, I've lost 250 Nemesis tokens when I found that putting 2 in the bank, wiped one.(Unique counted for bank as well) They changed it shortly after that.
    Cybermind,
    there's nothing stopping you from doing, what has been happening in the PUGS I've been in.
    Whole group stops outside his room and checks people know what to do.
    ----and sometimes wait for the idiot, who charged in by themselves and gets killed, to run back.
    Yes the RNG is a pain, I have never had any luck with it in any game. So I simply ignore it and only do Rampages when I feel like now.
    The worm portals, I was doing my Event farming on a Soldier at. Got the AT and 2 costumes I was after.
    Worm portals were easy. The other ones, I got in a team for.
    Waiting for something you'd prefer to have sooner. Get used to it, you can't always have what you want, when you want it.​​

chaelk said:

Waiting for something you'd prefer to have sooner. Get used to it, you can't always have what you want, when you want it.​​

Careful, people gonna get mad at you.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    :)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    chaelk said:

Or, in the wise words of that great philosopher Sir Michael Jagger:

You can't always get what you want,
    But if you try sometimes,
    You just might find
    You get what you need...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    jonsills said:

You just might find
    You get what you need...

Unfortunately most of the time you get exactly what you do not want or need however. But... Sometimes...
    hasukurobi wrote: »

You just might find
    You get what you need...

Unfortunately most of the time you get exactly what you do not want or need however. But... Sometimes...
    Cause you see I'm on losing streak
    I can't get no, oh no no no
    Hey hey hey, that's what I say
    I can't get no, I can't get no
    I can't get no satisfaction​​

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    hasukurobi wrote: »

You just might find
    You get what you need...

Cause you see I'm on losing streak
    I can't get no, oh no no no
    Hey hey hey, that's what I say
    I can't get no, I can't get no
    I can't get no satisfaction
    And are you aware of the slang meaning of the "losing streak" the protagonist's girlfriend was on, that kept him from getting "satisfaction"? :smile:

(Hint:
    And she said, "Baby, baby, come back
    Maybe next week
    'Cause you see, I'm on a losing streak"...
    ​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User

No, it is. Making sure you spend a few hours a day just so you're one-out-of-thirty-plus-days down is much. It's a boring chore that doesn't reward you in any way.

Wait a minute... I thought that the reward was that piece of gear that you *REALLY* wanted so badly as to complain about how long it would take to get it.

How can you say that there is no reward when there is an entire list of rewards that you can earn just by playing the game?

=============

I will agree that the various rampage tokens should be reworked, though... The RNG is a drag.

Instead, have one drop after each successful rampage but raise the prices on Justice Gear to approximate the average RNG success.

Example: If they estimate that an individual character should get one token every 8 runs of a given rampage, then give the characters a token every run but multiply the required number of tokens for a purchase by 8.
    They could even cap the number of tokens that you could get in a day, even as low as one.

It keeps the gear at the same relative level of time commitment but removes the RNG luck that allows some players to get the gear faster while others may take much longer.
  • The feeling of being a superhero itself is reward enough for some or it once was. To me the instant gratification now now attitude is what is killing gaming. Maybe this is just the opinion of an old school gamer but is something I've noticed. A little work real or otherwise is never a bad thing.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Kinda can't disagree with dude on a few things.

I still have no justice gear. It's been years, but the bearings and scales are just too much of a slog and I never manage to catch the damn Lemurian when it's up. Or, if it is, nobody wants to run it. And Sky Carrier? "Sure, I've got 2 hours to kill. I'll run Sky Carrier 3 times" is about how that goes. Add in the stupidly low token drop rate, and you have what for me is the worst facet of this game.

Never really minded the event stuff, though. It's incentive to run it, because it ain't like we're all just lining up to smack a huge robot with a stick a thousand times for the hell of it.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine