test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some powers issues.

berucrossberucross Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2016 in Suggestions Box
Its quite good to see this awsome game becoming better with the rebalances. However, i think there are still somethings that could be worked.

1- Auras. They are great, but with vehicles "stages" like Rampage (Lemuria and Sky Commando) and the new Cosmics world bosses, they lack in range. If they get some boost range to 200 or even party only, that would be bad for balance issue?

2- Buff toggle. We could have or more SS options in the existing ones or have more types of toggle buffs(more dificult to implement). Like for instance for Strengh SS, there are only knock or bleed option. Having all toggles supporting 2 or 3 SS would give more freedom for the builds. Again, dont know if that would be bad for balance issues. If there is then maybe something like "main" SS get 100% bonus while "sub" SS getting about 75% bonus dmg? Would be good a non dex martial arts toggle still getting 75%dmg bonus...

3- Pets, summons etc. I remember reading about it a long time ago someone saying "...pets dont block...". They are quite good now for damage, but their HP are somewhat low? If they had some HP boost or better scaling?

Guess thats it for now. Sorry if i said something already said and no good. Im a just casual player but that loves this games too.

Comments

• ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I kinda like your idea of "multiple scaling SS bonuses" for Forms (I use quotation marks because this is what I'll be calling them from now on. Or maybe I should think of something shorter. An Acronym, perhaps?). Like, for instance, Focus granting damage bonus based on Dex OR Str, but if Str is chosen it'll be a lower overall scale. I suppose it'd mostly depend on how the returns diminish, and at what point the "better" option would be (ie. if a 300str gives +10% bonus and 300dex gives +15% bonus, the system would know that a character with 300str and 250dex would benefit from the buff scaling off of Dex even though the Str stat is higher*). Concentration already scales off of Ego or Intelligence, whichever are higher, and I could see some of the Melee DPS forms working like that, too. ESPECIALLY if something like Enrage and Form of the Master (well, not "something like", EXACTLY Enrage and Form of the Master) scaled off of Str/Con and Dex/Con respectively, whichever was higher.

*I know that the above example isn't in any way reflective of how the game works, as CO's blah blah blah Diminishing Returns blah blah blah damage not proc'ing blah blah blah Hitler did 9/11 blah blah blah stacking bonus falloff blah blah blah. I get it. I'm trying to be practical, here.
    Post edited by ninjapiff on
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    I could get behind more Forms having an “or” for which stat they scale with. I think it might even be a good idea to go farther, and have all forms scale with “your superstats,” the way most passives do now.

Of course, some might say that this homogenizes forms. But I say they were doomed to be samey from the moment it was decided that nearly all of them should provide virtually the same benefit (+X% damage per stack and +Y energy every Z seconds).

Just because we passed up the opportunity to create interesting differentiations between these powers doesn't mean we need to keep the poorly-designed ones.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    100% with you on auras getting a range boost. For that matter, some of the heals probably could do with one too. Right now we only have iniquity spam to hit outside the 100 foot mark, and it ain't like a 150 foot healing maintain is gonna ruin game balance.

But as for the forms, you just gotta think outside the box. My main's a STR PSS, using Aspect of the Infernal and ranged dps, and she still throws 4-5k dps without a drop of Ego. I've even seen some gunslingers using Form of the Tempest, because "blah blah blah Diminishing Returns" pretty well covers it and even having *a* melee attack can make the concept work. Most of em do stack off of multiple SS' though, but yeah. Not saying that homogenizing the forms would be a terrible thing, some of us already use em that way.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine