test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160524.18 - Patriot Event/Bug Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Patriot Event
  • The Patriot Event has been turned on.
  • During this event Liberty Guard (who is next to Defender in Rencen) will have a store and gibe out a daily mission.
  • Added Fireworks Device to Liberty Guard's store.
  • Added Star Trail aura to Liberty Guard's store.
  • Prices for items are not final and more items will be added by next week.

Tailor
  • Fixed the Scoundrel coat from not appearing under the jackets category.
  • Fixed some chest items not appearing under the jackets category.
  • Fixed a few capes from not appearing under the jackets category.
  • Fixed some chestwear attachment items from not appearing under the jackets category.
  • Renamed some animal heads to be a little more descriptive and less numeric.

Misc
  • Added Mantle Brooch Star and Flag Cape costumes to the debugger.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Making the aura bop is a horrible idea. Especially since it's the only new item in the vendor.
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    There are a couple issues with the Flag Cape. First, two country names are different than their Emblem Flag version. The cape labels them as:
      "Autria, Republic of" instead of "Austria, Republic of"
      "Ethiopia" instead of "Ethiopia, Federal Democratic Republic of"
    Second, the Flag Cape is unavailable in the following categories:
      Mantle Basic (Male only)
      Mantle Basic for Chestwear (Male only)
      Mantle Luchador (Female only)
    I don't have the Mantle of Takofanes unlocked on PTS, so I was unable to test that.

Another cape-related issue: Mantle Luchador for females can only have Cape Luchador attached to it, where the male version now has all of the standard cape types available for selection.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Let me guess, Star Trail is the Aura from the Flag Speed i always wanted
    and its bound on character, and i need this aura on 2-3 characters! Great

Also please make Sparta Skirt available in all male categories, because the removal of Medium Skirts with Pants created more stupid limitations than flexibilities for males, related thread was posted here along other Medium skirts which are limited
    Fixed some chest items not appearing under the jackets category.
    Does this include Urban Anime Turtleneck? I dont want to lose my Sweater with jackets​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Expect upcoming items to be BoP. Because thats what forces us to do the event whether we like it or not.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    Star Trail aura is a trail of five pointed stars behind the player. I do believe it is BoP.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Don't forget to fix the lanterns so they hang properly when the character is in a crouched stance.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    Alien Hybrid skins are not in the Mechanical categories.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    a request from zamuelpwe, who can't get on because he's silver. so I'm copying his post over
    There's various things I'd like to recommend or see if they've been implemented on PTS. However, since I'm currently a Silver player, I'm attempting not to clutter up the test threads since I can't look for myself. If someone could check, I could then more formally comment (a few of the requests may be different than the listed questions).

-The problem with Color 4 has already been brought up. However, there's some default color oddity. Pressing the Default button for the whole outfit gives you an outfit with blue, yellow, white, white. However, if you press default for the colors, you get blue, white, red, dark red. Have the two of these been consolidated or are they still different?
    -Currently, head options zoom in on the head and everything else vaguely zooms on the full body. Have the changes allowed you to zoom into the lower body?
    -Is the female Behemoth template outfit using Heroic or Huge stance?
    -Do the Partial Mask options allow the Detail tab?
    -Is the female hip width slider still incorrectly named the Waist slider? >_>
    -General call out for people to see if the new tailor properly works with their Nemesis.
    -Are the tab options still the same for Randomize Costume?
    k2uE9OV.png​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Bug:
    The accessories on the Harajuku Track Jacket are missing. (just noticed the jacket accessories being fixed, but I can't test the harajuku pieces on PTS)
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    I think there should be two types of Star Trails; the current one and one that is actually a star *trail*, meaning that the stars are smaller and trail from the feet outward, not from the body.

The stars in the current one are so big that it almost covers the body while moving. I think it should be reworked and the body should be covered in an opaque glow with those huge stars so you would look more like a comet; it could be called the Comet Star Trail instead of Star Trail.

Also, the Fireworks Device is not worth the Purple ranking it has now; it should be no higher than white because it only shoots out one firework for 2 seconds and then has a 20 second cooldown. For a cooldown that long the fireworks should have 4 bursts, not just one. One firework burst should only have a 5 second cooldown.

C'mon devs, please don't get like New Jersey (where I live) and ruin all the firework fun! :)
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    Aw Man! I was really hoping for a new flag themed TP: Flag Teleport (ala Electric Arc) or Flag Acrobatics! Any chance of those at some point?
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    im kinda digging the BoP auras... gives me one less thing to grind for
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    To all the people that have alts they want the aura on, but because its BOP and thus will not play the event. Why do you have alts to begin with? If not to play with them, than why? As a player with somewhere between 130-140 toons (maybe slightly more than 140) I have alts because I enjoy playing them and not just one toon. BOP is there to get you to play your alts. Who ares if you have to play an extra hour during the day to do so, you are playing your much neglected alts that you never play because you just want to play on your main. I have a main, but I don't play him every day, that gets boring fast. So instead of saying that BOP makes you not want to play, play your alts as if they exist instead of just forcing them to sit in the corner doing nothing.
    bop means its only good in the character that picks it up, that limits its usefulness for one, also destroys chance to add it to a character not yet built... but keep on cheerleading if it makes you feel good
    in contrast, foxbatcon and Halloween events i farmed for the auras 'cause they weren't bound to a single character, still have a couple unused in my bank when the inspiration hits me...
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

To all the people that have alts they want the aura on, but because its BOP and thus will not play the event. Why do you have alts to begin with?

The thing is, for BOA auras you can get all of them, and decide later, when creating a costume, which aura you want to use. For BoP auras you can't realistically get them all on all your characters (and most likely your level 6 costume contest alt can't get any of them), which means you need to know ahead of time which aura you need. for a costume you may not have even created yet.

As far as it goes, I'll play the event, I just won't get the auras.
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Players do not want auras to be bind-to-character. They don't want them to be bind-on-pickup. Stop shoving this down our throats. I will not participate in content for this reason.
    im perfectly fine with bind to account on pickup, but this bind to character is wrong on so many levels
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    xacchaeus said:

im perfectly fine with bind to account on pickup, but this bind to character is wrong on so many levels

I'd agree with this compromise too.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    I'd even be ok with them even being BoE - this would allow AH sales, which would bolster participation in the event in a positive way.
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    Any chance the flag trails could be added to acrobatics and athletics as an option for a travel power?
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Can we please get an explation of the intent of these BOP auras?

As far as I can tell they detract from the quality of the experience, discourage me from participating, and eliminate the incentive to collect the aura for an alt.

I get the feeling this is one of those orders from executives who do not understand how essential alts are to Champions as a business model.​​
  • voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User

Can we please get an explation of the intent of these BOP auras?

As far as I can tell they detract from the quality of the experience, discourage me from participating, and eliminate the incentive to collect the aura for an alt.

I get the feeling this is one of those orders from executives who do not understand how essential alts are to Champions as a business model.​​

I think you're right.
This discussion has been closed.