What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions Online: June Subscriber Reward

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer

Comments

• Options
    phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    No offense intended for those that are happy with it, but I have to ask why do so many costume pieces in this superhero game seem oriented towards playing as animals? These add very little value for me, would love to see costume rewards more geared towards universal superhero costumes.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    in blog- trickers instead of tricksters.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    phasestar said:

No offense intended for those that are happy with it, but I have to ask why do so many costume pieces in this superhero game seem oriented towards playing as animals? These add very little value for me, would love to see costume rewards more geared towards universal superhero costumes.

because the options were a bit limited?
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    phasestar said:

I'm not sure I agree that animal costume bits are unrelated to regular superhero costumes. There's tons of animal-themed superheroes, even limiting myself to heroes with specific animal features: Darkwing Duck, Squirrel Girl, Rocket Raccoon, The Spectacular Spider-Ham, Underdog, Mighty Mouse, TMNT, Secret Squirrel, Thundercats, Mam'selle Hepzibah and Ch'od of the Starjammers, etc... This goes back to the golden age of comics no less (Example: http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Six-Gun_Gorilla)

Animal-styled villains are also abundant, whether it be a suit (Examples: Rhino and the Vulture, both from Spider-man) or the result of genetic experimentation (Example: the ani-men, notably serving as Nefario's minions during UXM 94-95).

In short, there are a ton of animal heroes and villains. And CO even has a specific reason for animal heroes and villains - Moreau's Manimals.

And the subscriber bonus has had general superhero pieces before, like the speedster goggles.

Further, what kind of 'universal superhero costumes' do you want? What do you think we don't have? We have a ton of tights pieces, so just saying 'more universal superhero costumes' isn't very helpful if you can't identify a specific need.
    Post edited by squirrelloid on
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    But the "tons" of tights pieces don't mix together that well...
    And let's talk about the chest emblems. Oh dear....
    Oh yeah, and the masks.... the 5 pieces we have. Or was it 7... And the eyemasks, like the speedster goggles, distort horribly when mood is changed. They should re-do the masks to the way lucha ones are made. Like masks over your head. Not mask painted on yer one putty default face.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    There's hardly "tons of" furry characters in superhero books when compared to number of humanoids.

But yeah, CO tights selections is kinda dated and it starts to show that majority of them are from the earliest part of the game life cycle.

Still, one more animal head in the costume selection is not a drama. Almost every generic costume pack includes some kind of tights, so we're bound to get somewhere, eventually.​​
  • Options
    edited June 2016

There's hardly "tons of" furry characters in superhero books when compared to number of humanoids.
    ​​

There's more than you think.

And its not just superhero comicbooks (by which i assume you mean by publishers like Marvel and DC only, a rather limited view), but the superhero genre. That includes things which have only been cartoons, movies, etc... so long as they were identifiably in the genre.

And one whole subscriber reward being an animal head hardly justifies shifting the goalpost to 'more animalistic characters than humanoids'.

For some of these worlds, there are more animalistic heroes/villains than humanoid heroes/villains. While there are more humans overall in TMNT, when you count heroes and villains only, regular-looking humans are a minority. And of course something like Darkwing Duck is entirely anthropomorphic animals even in the background population, but its also entirely in-genre.

Even restricting ourselves to something like Marvel only, there's enough characters with animalistic features to justify significant costuming presence. Limiting ourselves to Uncanny X-Men through the first two major team compositions (issues #1-~170), for example, would give us the following breakdown in the X-Men:

Animalistic features (3)
    Angel (wings), Beast (Blue fur post transformation), Nightcrawler (tail, fur)

No such features (10)
    Cyclops, Jean Grey, Ice Man, Banshee, Storm, Wolverine, Shadowcat, Colossus, Havok, Polaris

That's about 1 in 4. That's a significant number.

Once you add in supporting cast and villains, it starts looking even better, because now you get to count several Starjammers, Shi'Ar (all have feathers), Sauron, Morlocks, Brood, etc... And many characters who didn't have animal traits, but also weren't normal human in appearance either.

That's not unique to X-Men either. Off the top of my head, Avengers in the same period had Tigra and Beast minimally (possibly more, the lineup changed more than X-Men did, so i'd need to look).

We don't need a majority animal-trait character presence to justify substantial animal costume options. We just need a significant minority of characters. And we clearly have that.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Wolverine is debatable. He's not got any overt characteristics though.

One of the new xmen recruits is basically a were-shark. :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

Wolverine is debatable. He's not got any overt characteristics though.

One of the new xmen recruits is basically a were-shark. :)

I did count Wolverine as no animal characteristics... but if his original origin had gone through, that wouldn't have been true. (Originally meant to be a mutant wolverine! Fortunately, Claremont got his hands on the character before that actually showed up in print).

I was just looking at classic silver/bronze age x-men. I mean, yeah, there's tons of animalistic mutant characters later, including Wolfsbane, Feral, Beak, arguably Marrow, and the snake-girl who was a stripper (better we forget that entire run though). Oh, and one of Cannonball's siblings had bird wings iirc? And Hepzibah gets to move from Starjammer to X-Man at some point. (And that's just off the top of my head, for periods i don't remember nearly as well).

Pretending there aren't a substantial number of animal-featured super-people (heroes/villains/etc...) just isn't tenable once you start going through and actually making a list.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Squirelloid,

Meeda said "furry" characters, not all animal-themed ones.

And phasestar talked about playing "as animals", not animal-themed characters.
    phasestar said:

Animal themes are indeed very prevalent in superhero comic-books, but that's not what folks were talking about. I'd LOVE to see more animal-themed superhero costume sets like the classic and 90s Foxbat ones, steelhawk set and serpent lantern set. Time to make ones that are not bat, bird or snake-themed though. There are enough parts for these atm.

As far as the kitsune head goes, I can't really see myself using it. And if I did want a fox/kitsune head the fox head from the animal pack would do perfectly.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Squirelloid,

Oh ffs, my examples make it perfectly clear that I am responding to exactly what they said - by referencing characters with animal *features*, not just themes. At what point does Tigra, Rocket Racoon, or Darkwing Duck not correspond to what they're talking about?

Animal heads, animal tails, animal wings, fur, etc... not just an animal name. And its necessary to have heads, wings, tails, and appropriate hands/feet to handle such characters, because there's no requirement that any component will only be used with other animal components.

That's why i use the phrase 'animalistic features'. It's not loaded and perjorative like 'furries', and it covers everything from one such feature (Angel's wings) to full anthropomorphic animal (Rocket Racoon).

--------

By contrast, an animal-themed hero would be like Batman. No animal features (he doesn't have batwings or ears), but an animal-based name and color choices and possibly stylized costume features.

However, characters which more directly try to copy the look of their animal theme (say Rhino, the spider-man enemy) will require the same types of costume pieces as an anthropomorphic rhino, because even though its a suit, below the head that's exactly what that character looks like. (And similarly, Vulture has the vulture-ruff neck fringe and, depending on artist, several other aspects that look like what an animal character would have, not just animal-themed).

Animal pieces cover not only full anthropomorphic animals, but characters with particular animal features, and characters with outfits that mimic those animals. (ie, Not highly stylized)
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I can see I'll have to repeat myself...

And phasestar talked about playing "as animals", not animal-themed characters.
    phasestar said:

They weren't talking about animal themed characters, you widened the goal posts so you could respond as you did earlier in this thread. I don't need a lecture on superheroes thanks. Been buying comic-books and loving the genre since 1978.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I can see I'll have to repeat myself...

:rolleyes:

Seriously, in what way am i not talking about characters who have fur, tails, wings, cat ears, or whatever other animal features you insist on?

I'm not talking about the Batman, Black Panther, Falcon type of heroes. Those are animal-themed.

I'm talking about animal-featured characters. Please demonstrate how any of my examples don't adhere to that distinction. How do Tigra, Beast, Rocket Raccoon, Darkwing Duck, Squirrel Girl, etc... not count?
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I'm not sure I agree that animal costume bits are unrelated to regular superhero costumes. There's tons of animal-themed superheroes, even limiting myself to heroes with specific animal features: Darkwing Duck, Squirrel Girl, Rocket Raccoon, The Spectacular Spider-Ham, Underdog, Mighty Mouse, TMNT, Secret Squirrel, Thundercats, Mam'selle Hepzibah and Ch'od of the Starjammers, etc... This goes back to the golden age of comics no less (Example: http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Six-Gun_Gorilla).

Of these examples, Rocket Raccoon, Ch'od and Hepzibah are relevant (perhaps Spider-Ham, but he comes from an anthropomorphised animal world alt universe where everyone is an anthro). The rest are not superheroes in a setting such as Champions.

The example you linked is from a wild west universe , not a superhero universe.

Of course there are other anthro superhero characters in recognised superhero universes but they are a tiny, tiny minority compared to the other superheroes.

Nobody's saying folks shouldn't play anthros (I have a couple myself and am quite fond of them), but I would definitely like to see some more classic superhero tights and accessories love. I feel we have enough supernatural/monster, hi-tech armour and anthro stuff for the moment.

What I wouldn't give for some cool utility belt models or more classic face masks.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Of these examples, Rocket Raccoon, Ch'od and Hepzibah are relevant (perhaps Spider-Ham, but he comes from an anthropomorphised animal world alt universe where everyone is an anthro). The rest are not superheroes in a setting such as Champions.

The example you linked is from a wild west universe , not a superhero universe.

Of course there are other anthro superhero characters in recognised superhero universes but they are a tiny, tiny minority compared to the other superheroes.

Nobody's saying folks shouldn't play anthros (I have a couple myself and am quite fond of them), but I would definitely like to see some more classic superhero tights and accessories love. I feel we have enough supernatural/monster, hi-tech armour and anthro stuff for the moment.

What I wouldn't give for some cool utility belt models or more classic face masks.

I disagree that the likes of Darkwing Duck are outside the scope of what some players will consider thematic. But even granting that...

Several of those operate in worlds that are predominantly normal humans, including Underdog and TMNT. Here's the underdog intro, which has normal people pointing to the sky ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHej4ZqZDwo ). He's an anthropomorphic dog hero in a human world.

But we can just look at something like the Marvel Universe too. Squirrel Girl is a regular marvel universe character. Also Beast, Tigra, Wolfsbane, Feral, Stacy X, Nightcrawler, Magik's darkchylde persona (goat legs, fur, horns, etc...), Sabretooth, Beak, Hrimhari (Asgardian), Howard the Duck, Sasquatch (Alpha Flight), and so forth. (In addition to Rocket Raccoon, Ch'od, and Hepzibah).

And that's not counting major characters who have at least one notable animal feature, like Angel (both of them!), Lilandra (feathers), Pixie, and likely dozens more.

And those are just heroes (at least at one point). The villain list would be massive. (Samplers include Deathbird, The Lizard, Blastaar, the Ani-Men, and Sauron. And that's a relatively small sample).

And that's just characters I can name off the top of my head. It's not that tiny a minority.

--------

And Marvel at least brought all the old Atlas and Timely wild west comics into the regular Marvel universe under Editor-in-Chief Roy Thomas in the 70s (along with all the golden age superheroes and any other characters they could manage to fit in). That particular one may not be marvel, but the genre line you're trying to draw *doesn't exist*. (And there are literally dozens of ape characters in comics, several in superhero comics... one's a fantastic four villain connected to the soviet space program iirc, i forget the name).
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    There are hundreds, if not thousands, of superheroes in DC. Same goes for Marvel. Anthros/Furries are a tiny minority. And anthros/Furries are what the other posters I quoted, and I, are talking about.

An indisputable tiny, tiny minority. To claim otherwise would just be disingenuous.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of superheroes in DC. Same goes for Marvel. Anthros/Furries are a tiny minority. And anthros/Furries are what the other posters I quoted, and I, are talking about.

An indisputable tiny, tiny minority. To claim otherwise would just be disingenuous.

Define tiny tiny minority?

Animalistic-featured heroes outnumber robot/android heroes. They probably outnumber heroes in power armor too (Certainly did prior to 1990). No one complains about power armor or robot pieces.

I don't know what distinction you're trying to draw between anthros/furries and the characters i've named. You aren't defining any of your terms to understand what the scope of your claims are.

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Can't forget about Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck (*yes they have been protrayed as superheros and were among the first anthromorphic animals*)
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    as long as you dont count Ra, Bastet, Ganesha...
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Tiny, tiny as in extremely small, minority as in small amount.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016

So we should complain about robot and power armor costume pieces too? How about undead pieces? (How many undead superheroes are there?)
  • Options

So we should complain about robot and power armor costume pieces too? How about undead pieces? (How many undead superheroes are there?)
    Congratulations, you have now widened the goal posts to take in the whole stadium.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Congratulations, you have now widened the goal posts to take in the whole stadium.

You're treating anthro characters as if they're somehow rarer than tons of other character types. Yet, setting aside traditional tights-wearing characters, anthro is probably the next largest group, even in a traditional comic world like Marvel's.

I'm not widening the goal posts. I'm pointing out how silly treating anthro characters as an insignificant subset of characters is.

Further, i disagree that number is even *extremely* small. Obviously it's not a majority. (I'm not even sure tights-wearing heroes are a majority anymore). I'd contend it's in the ballpark of 10% of super characters in superhero comics (likely 5-15%). That's not tiny. And it's certainly larger than any other visually identifiable subset outside of tights-wearing. Which makes it ridiculous to portray them as unworthy of costume parts because there's so few of them.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I'm not widening the goal posts.

From folks discussing anthros/furries to anthros/furries/animal themed/animalistic features to anthros/furries/animal themed/animalistic features/robot/power armor/undead ;)

Congratulations! Perk achieved.....you have unlocked the title 'Disingenuousness'.

Have fun with that.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    I have to agree with Squirrel Zenith. At what point in this discussion was there a definition of "goal posts" (as you put it) in the first place?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    this whole conversation is stupid... it is a single free costume bit... and compared to some of the more recent offerings its pretty darn nice
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2016
    luna__i_m_so_boring_by_brunursus-d7cb2j1.png​​
  • Options
    grimvanegrimvane Posts: 49 Arc User
    The tinfoil hat I got when I started subbing made me wonder if they should even waste time with monthly costume rewards at all. The kitsune head is equally unappealing to me personally, but this is all subjective anyway. Everything is theme. Everything is niche. These things aren't just a reward for current subscribers, they are also an incentive to potential subs, too. I'm not going to like the reward every month and I'm okay with that.

The shoulder cape thing -- I like that. I will probably use that. Good choice.

The kitsune head -- I don't like that, but it has utility. I may not not play a hero with it, but I could use it if I ever made a comic, for example. Other people might like this. Good choice.

The tin foil hat -- I don't like it. I don't think many other people will like it. Bad choice. I'm definitely not saying don't add it to the game, more pieces to play with is always good. This is the one I would say is too niche to use as a monthly reward.

• Options
    Hmmm don't these unlock options for customizing your nemesis?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I have to agree with Squirrel Zenith. At what point in this discussion was there a definition of "goal posts" (as you put it) in the first place?

In a direct comment to squirrel, Meeda said "furry" characters, not all animal-themed ones.

And phasestar, in a direct comment to squirrel, talked about playing "as animals", not animal-themed characters.
    phasestar said:

These two posters above defined what they were talking about in response to squirrel, who then moved the goalposts to respond and eventually came to the conclusion that........

....it's certainly larger than any other visually identifiable subset outside of tights-wearing.

...........which is nonsense.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    everyone playing is playing as an animal, because humans are animals too, therefore EVERY costume piece is oriented towards 'playing as an animal'...so not really seeing the point of all this back-and-forth BS​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options

everyone playing is playing as an animal, because humans are animals too

Okay, you win.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016

In a direct comment to squirrel, Meeda said "furry" characters, not all animal-themed ones.

And phasestar, in a direct comment to squirrel, talked about playing "as animals", not animal-themed characters.

These two posters above defined what they were talking about in response to squirrel, who then moved the goalposts to respond and eventually came to the conclusion that........

Could you at least respond to what I've actually said, instead of putting words in my mouth? I never once used "animal-themed" as the definition of what i was talking about for the use of animal costume pieces, and explicitly declaimed such characters with specific examples of what i *wasn't* talking about. It's hard to pretend you're engaged in this discussion in good faith when you continuously misrepresent what i said.

What makes something a 'furry'? I don't know. Does having cat ears make you a furry? It's completely unclear. If you at any point gave criteria for a 'furry' and a way to distinguish them from 'not furries' in edge cases, we could have arrived on a shared idea of what we're talking about. As it is, I have no clue what you mean, and you refuse to be honest about what I mean.

'Animalistic features' (the actual phrase i used) is specific - having one or more features from or approximating an actual animal - has an obvious meaning and is specific as to what exactly is meant. And it also justifies a full range of animal costume pieces (because people will potentially want different features, so if you have entire anthro animal costume sets, people can choose to use goat legs or bunny ears or cat paws or squirrel tails with regular human options for the rest, in addition to doing full animals).

Regardless, you seem content to just declare there aren't a decent number of such characters, while providing no evidence or even method by which one could arrive at your conclusion. Whereas I have attempted to provide both a plethora of examples, as well as comparative evidence relative to other hero types, and even a methodology (a particular comic run), to demonstrate that its a sizeable minority.

You can't just say 'its a tiny tiny minority' in the face of evidence to the contrary. You need some evidence for your claim, and you need to qualify what 'tiny tiny' means - either as a raw percentage or relative to other types of heroes who aren't a tiny tiny minority. Otherwise your claim is meaningless.

Btw, there aren't *thousands* of marvel heroes (ignoring alternate reality versions of the same characters). It's probably ballpark 5-600. The x-books altogether, over their entire publication history, probably clock in around or below 300 heroes (being generous in determining who a hero is), and i would guess they're over half the total. At which point you'd need there to be fewer than 6 anthropomorphic heroes to be only 1%, which is still probably too large for 'tiny tiny', and there's clearly more than 6. Even if we assume 1000 heroes, we'd only need 10 anthropomorphic ones for 1%, and there's significantly more than 10 unarguable examples in this thread.
  • Options
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=furry
    There is no one single definition of what a furry is. Even within the furry fandom, people cannot always agree on just what makes a person a furry or not.

Some would argue that to be a furry, you must think and talk like one (i.e. use furry specific words and phrases). Even if you go to conventions, wear a fursuit, draw the art, writes the stories etc but don't talk using furry lingo, you're not a furry. Basically, someone that may walk the walk but doesn’t talk the talk.

Others would argue that even liking anthropomorphic creatures makes you a furry. You may have no idea the furry fandom exists or have ever heard of a furry convention, let alone any of the websites; simply liking 'anthro' critters makes you a furry.

The way I see it, if or if you don’t consider yourself a furry is a matter of personal opinion.

As with any hobby, most furries are normal people just like anyone you'll meet at work/school or going to/from work/school or anywhere. Then there is the small percent that are hard core fans and have taken what for most is a hobby and perverted it (sometimes in an all to literal sense).

As is with so many other things in life, the few that take it too far tend to be the loudest. The silent majority are often forced into silence by the loud majority for fear that people will label them as being in the same class as the minority that have perverted it.

One unfortunate side effect of the internet and the relative anonymity that some sites grant their users is people are able to engage in activities (even if only on a virtual level) that they would never even consider doing in real life. An example of this is trolls of message boards that say things to people they’d never say to them in person. I think a lot of the stereotypes associated with furries are because of this.

In conclusion, as with any hobby, there are some furries that have taken it too far and/or perverted what for many is a fun harmless hobby.
    If only the silent majority were not so silent, people would realise there is more to furries then perversion.

basically...no one can give a proper definition because one doesn't really exist​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options

phasestar said:

....it's certainly larger than any other visually identifiable subset outside of tights-wearing.

Well if you're going to define goal posts that way.... As a counter argument I will point out that Phasestar moved goal posts first by asserting that the costume pieces were tailored to playing AS animals. This is in direct contradiction to the initial statements in the thread. The costume piece in question is referred to as "kitsune" and kitsune are not animals any more than comic book characters such as Hepzibah or Squirrel Girl are.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Well if you're going to define goal posts that way.... As a counter argument I will point out that Phasestar moved goal posts first by asserting that the costume pieces were tailored to playing AS animals. This is in direct contradiction to the initial statements in the thread. The costume piece in question is referred to as "kitsune" and kitsune are not animals any more than comic book characters such as Hepzibah or Squirrel Girl are.

not really...since kitsune is the japanese word for fox, and foxes most certainly ARE animals

but as i pointed out above, so are humans defined as animals by the dictionary definition of the word Animal, so anyone playing is not only playing AS an animal, they themselves ARE one​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options

not really...since kitsune is the japanese word for fox, and foxes most certainly ARE animals

Yes and no... the origin of the word has been lost to the mists of time. But for most of thousand years or so that the word has been around it was used for a being with magical powers. In the myths and legends kitsune were intelligent enough to be sometimes SMARTER than humans. Also.... much like demigods.... they sometimes produced children with humans. Also... I don't think that most people who aren't native Japanese speakers would think "mundane animal" when they hear the word...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    While I am undeniably human (even though I have some inorganic parts), I think that we all pretty much know what someone means when they say "animal" outside of a scientific discussion.

Captain America? Not an animal.
    Captain Carrot? Animal.

Being so obtuse that you disregard context doesn't help any discussion. If someone says to you that they had to deal with a griefer, for example, and you ask the name and they say "I don't know, but they were an animal character" then I am pretty sure that you don't look at Defender or Drifter and wonder if that might have been what they looked like.

And no, not every hero is an animal, even using the "humans are animals, too" definition. Some are robots, ancient statues come to life, plants, elementals, or a number of other things that fall outside that broadest of definitions.
  • Options
    brokenrivalrybrokenrivalry Posts: 32 Arc User
    guys i think the point we all want to make here is we're all equally annoying and can't resist a juicy argument
    :^)

In-Game Handle: @Narfball ...Who wants to talk to me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    Animal superheroes exist. I'd hazard a guess that lots of the people playing anthro characters in this game aren't playing super heroes, given the crap I've seen in caprice and in mistells. Seems to me that the problem here isn't "anthro parts exist" as much as it is "furries exist", and I'm sorry. A single head in an MMO isn't the root cause of that.

But the monthly rewards are one-off strange bits anyway. They're free, why are we arguing about free costumes? That never leads to anything good, not everything released in the game is gonna be geared to your particular style.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine