test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 6/23/2016

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2016 in Release Notes
ZEN Store
  • The Hanging Lantern costume pack is now available in the ZEN Store. This pack includes a variety of lanterns that you can wear on your back. This pack also includes the Shisa action figure.

Tailor

The tailor categories have received a massive overhaul to improve customization options and organization. What does this mean? Over time lots of costume options were placed in incorrect categories and far too many categories were created. We've condensed categories and opened up a lot more options in those categories.

NOTE:
  • Since we are removing categories from the game when you enter the tailor with a costume that used one of these removed categories you may need to reapply some of your costume items.
  • When a costume contains no longer valid categories the tailor will try to find the best category based on what costumes you are wearing. Your costume may go unchanged when you enter the tailor, or some items may vanish and you'll have to reapply them.
  • This will also happen to any saved costume files.
  • Nothing will happen to existing costumes as long as you don't enter the tailor with them. When you log in your character will remain the same.
  • You will not lose any of your costume unlocks.
  • Your scales will remain untouched.
  • Because of these massive changes the tailor will be free of charge for a short time so players can adjust their costumes.

Changes:

The Head Region has been condensed into the following categories:
  • Tights and Skin
    Contains standard heads that use the regular eye options.
  • Mechanical and Full Helmets
    Contains large mechanical heads that do not use regular eyes as options. The eyes selection is disabled in this category.
  • Beasts and Monsters
    Contains beastly and monstrous head options that do not use regular eyes as options. The eyes selection is disabled in this category.
  • Partial
    If you own Cosmic set this will contain the no head option. Eyes are optional in this category.

The following options are available in all Head Region categories:
  • Hairstyle A/B
  • Eyebrow
  • Head Wear
  • Eye accessories
  • Top Accessory
  • Side Accessory
  • Mouth Accessory

The Upper Region has been condensed into the following categories:
  • Tights and Skin
    Contains standard chest options.
  • Jackets
    Contains chest options made specifically for jackets.
  • Mechanical
    Contains chest options made specifically for robotic limbs.
  • Partial
    Contains armless options. You will still be required to use hands.

The following options are available in all Upper Region categories:
  • Chest Layer
  • Collar - Moved from the Head Region
  • Neck
  • Emblem Front
  • Emblem Back
  • Shoulders
  • Back

The Lower Region has been condensed into the following categories:
  • Tights and Skin
    Contains standard legs options.
  • Pants
    Contains pants specific options.
  • Medium Skirts and Shorts
    Uses a unique leg geometry for certain clothing options.
  • Long Skirts
    Uses a unique leg geometry for certain clothing options.
  • Mechanical
    Contains leg options made specifically for robotic limbs.
  • Beasts and Monsters
    Contains digitigrade leg options.
  • Partial
    Contains legless options. You will still be required to use feet.

The following options are available in all Lower Region categories:
  • Belt - Moved from Upper Region.
  • Belt Accessory - Moved from Upper Region.
  • Clothing
  • Hips Layer
  • Leg Accessories
  • Feet
  • Foot Accessory
  • Tails

The Hand Region has been condensed into the following categories:
  • Hands

The following options are available in all Hand Region categories:
  • Bracers - Moved from Upper Region
  • Hands
  • Arm Accessories - Moved from Upper Region

Other Costume Changes
  • "Arms" and "Legs" costumes are now an attachment and will appear when you have selected a Chest/Leg piece that accepts them.
  • Luchador Masks are now a head attachment and will appear when you have selected a Luchador specific head. This will allow you to also wear hats and helmets with them.
  • Fixed a bug where the Long Loose hairstyle wasn't unlocking for females from the Luchador set.
  • Added Cat Ears and Bunny ears to top accessories.
  • Added Gas Masks to eye accessories.
  • Added Beast Mane to Neck.
  • Added Beast Greaves to Foot Accessories.
  • Reordered Bare Feet and Short boot to appear at the top of the feet list.
  • Added a new row of blue-purple colors to the color picker.
  • Added a new row of greys to the color picker.
  • Added cloth, leather or metal materials to a variety of eye accessory items.
  • Added Leather and Cloth options to Robotic Arms.
  • Fixed a few foot and leg accessories options from not appearing under the both option.
  • Normalized all of the tights textures across Heads, Chest, Hands, legs and Feet so that certain materials don't have textures others do not. Some unlockable costumes may still be absent, please report those.
  • Fixed the Armadillo leg textures from causing your legs to be a weird color.
  • A variety of chest and leg costumes have been renamed for organizational purposes. For example, many costumes made specifically for a category have been renamed something like "Costume for Partial" or "Costume for Jackets."

Misc
  • Updated temp versions of Punji Stick Trap and Teleiosaurus Experimental Injection to match the output of their permanent counterparts (they're still temp items).
  • Fixed some of the Mechanon recognition rewards from not deleting the unlock item after unlocking the costume.
​​

Comments

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I not one to moan at any dev not named Crush but are you kidding? ...I have to fix all my toon's costumes I have 40 toons and about ten costumes on each ._."

Ok short rant over \o/

Loving the sound of all the new additions to the tailor ^_^

*edit* In before Jon, Foxi or Smackwell says "but you don't need to go into tailor idiot". Nepht does. Nepht is Conquer. CCs are our main thing. I use the tailor often. I love you guys but shut up 8D

*double edit* Checked it out. This update is freaking majestic this will make the CC crowd grin ear to ear for like months.
    Post edited by nepht on
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    I have a complaint with these changes.

I have a character who was using the Victorian set, with the vest under the jacket. The category shift moving the jacket to the Jackets category has created a rift where two pieces of a set are now exclusive of each other. Long story short, I can't put the jacket on the vest when the two pieces are meant to go together, and it removes a lot of the charm of the very classy formal costume the character had.

Maybe the vest could be moved to be a piece in Jackets as well, to be reunited with its chest wear counterpart? It seems kinda dumb to seperate a set so thoroughly.
  • Options
    blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    Finally the update is live! :)

I hope the tailor updates continue in the coming weeks ;).

I would like to ask, which would be proper places to report bugs and suggest adding or changing categories for costume pieces? Also, please DON'T remove costume combinations just because they clip, allow players to decide which costumes to combine, thanks!​​
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • Options
    aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User
    So far liking the update, but why was the option to add the Emblems on the sleeves removed from the "Jacket Urban" costume piece from the "City Street Defender" costume set from the Zen store?
  • Options
    darklor126darklor126 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Also, please DON'T remove costume combinations just because they clip, allow players to decide which costumes to combine, thanks!​​

Yeah, some clips can generate nice effects... ;)

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    To quote from the latest PTS update:
    Some unlockable costumes may still be absent, please report those.

and boy there are a lot of items missing from Chest and Arms and Legs categories
    start reporting them Ladies and Gentlemen
    I have a complaint with these changes.

I have a character who was using the Victorian set, with the vest under the jacket. The category shift moving the jacket to the Jackets category has created a rift where two pieces of a set are now exclusive of each other. Long story short, I can't put the jacket on the vest when the two pieces are meant to go together, and it removes a lot of the charm of the very classy formal costume the character had.

Maybe the vest could be moved to be a piece in Jackets as well, to be reunited with its chest wear counterpart? It seems kinda dumb to seperate a set so thoroughly.

This a Bug actually, those pieces are MEANT to be used together

my only complain as a well is that there are a lot of Tights missing from Medium Skirts and Shorts categories, propably an oversight as well

but except of those 2 categories issues, everything is pretty great
    So far liking the update, but why was the option to add the Emblems on the sleeves removed from the "Jacket Urban" costume piece from the "City Street Defender" costume set from the Zen store?

Sounds like another bug​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    I can't use Alien Hybrid with any Mechanical Limbs now can you put alien hybrid skin option into mechanical?
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I'm kind of disappointed how the change didn't make eye auras compatible with beast heads. You'd think that those auras will match their eyes instead of the humanoid head.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    saruro1994saruro1994 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Sorry if i did not test it much, but half of my costumes are broke and i can`t put the pices back because they are not there any more, i know you did this with the best intentions but good part of the cliping was a good toll to make some great costumes, no i don`t feel the more freedom you were talking about i just feel i lost a lot of freedom wen doing my costumes. *overreact rant*

and hey first time i use the forums in like umm 2 years ?
    *take time to see the changes*

Yeah, heheh maybe i over react at the lost of a few costumes but the general look of this is a good one, like they say "you need to break some eggs to do the omelette"

in General is a good change, thanks for the hard work, and i will try to report any bug i see

Post edited by saruro1994 on
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    could you post a list of specifics?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kaizerin wrote: »
    • Added a new row of blue-purple colors to the color picker.
    • Added a new row of greys to the color picker.

YES! YES!

tumblr_m9sqah3XWN1r8dy8go1_500.gif​​

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    strongbeaustrongbeau Posts: 43 Arc User
    I noticed that weapon skins were not touched with this update. I'd love for Gadgeteer powers to have the Pulson RF Pistol again. It used to be able to be used with Gadgeteer powers but now its only usable with Munition Powers. To reduce confusion, I'm not talking about the Pulson Pistol which is already there. The Pulson RF pistol is great looking pulp sci fi ray gun that should be with the other gadgeteer ray gun skins.
    Its my third time asking for this in the forums since it was removed from the Gadgeteer weapon skins a while back. I don't know what the hardship is making it available? I'd think it would be a simple update. Perhaps the wide burst stance or power emination points are an issue? But there are already weapon skins that don't look quite right with the Experimental Blaster power or Experimental wide burst energy shotgun power such as the Marauder pistol (which is a wonderful weapon skin and I don't care that its power emination point is midway in the gun).
  • Options
    doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User
    Oh, yet another reason for me to lament over not having my computer! Sounds nice, I wish I could log in and check it out.
  • Options
    serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    Where do we post feedback regarding costume options losses now that this is live?

One area of pain I'm feeling is that the Mechanical upper body category limits Chest & Arms options to "for Robotic" options where unlocked costumes used to not do this. I follow the logic, but as an example, you used to be able to use Robotic Samurai (which has a fully filled arm and torso) with Steampunk robotic arms to form an otherwise solid tech arm that had massive clockwork hinges at the elbow.
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    steampunk+robot samurai as mentioned. alien hybrid skin and robot leg (mechanon i think) for a creapy bio mechanical look is also not possible
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The brand new lanterns don't hang properly if the character is using the Huge stance (only 1 I checked). They stick either straight out, or even slightly upward, rather than hanging down, as gravity would have us believe they should. Can this be fixed?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    I'm not sure where to put this note, so I guess I shall just put it here. This is me zoomed in to work on my face sliders. Interesting interpretation you have of "face" there CO. Parties at your house must be quite exciting. This exact thing happens when I am in the "Head" tab. If I zoom out enough to see the whole figure, so I can see the actual head/face region, it is very small.

Can we have Up/Down buttons so that we can not only zoom in on the head, but also the feet? I've never really been able to see my boots at all.

- - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Yeah STO has the issue too. But only in the main game. The costume editor for the Foundry DOES let you drag up/down to look at the head or feet instead of your waist.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Whew. All costumes on all my 60+ characters and nemeses checked and WHAT have you got against pants????? :p
    Everything could be fixed except this one, but I knew I was using a bug to create it in the first place. It's just a Nemesis, so I'll just leave it as is, unless someone knows how to still "disappear" the torso (figured out the head and arms, but not that).

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Lovely stuff! The lantern pack is a nice little set too :D
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods