test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gonna be a good year for creepeh s**t!

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
edited June 2016 in Off Topic
First up Kojima just re-branded Silent Hills in a big old f**k Konami move \o/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcaMw4aCz4c

Secondly Resident Evil 7 looks seriously creepeh. Kinda looks like Alex Wesker is at the bad juju again also if Capcom says its set after 6 how the hell is Spencer still alive he died in 5. The old gits in the trailer O_O"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxjOFd0YNo0
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Hmmm I wonder if they'll get Jodelle Ferland... She was awesome in the first Silent Hill movie.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »
    if Capcom says its set after 6 how the hell is Spencer still alive he died in 5.
    Clone? Zombie? Zombie clone? <shrug>​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I just watched a video of RE 7's demo gameplay. How does this even feel close to being an RE game?

It's like Capcom took a look at Outlast, P.T. plus countless other similar first-person horror games and said "Yeeeep this is the future of RE survival horror! Nevermind how people loved Revelations and the RE 1 / 0 HD remakes and how they craved for a new back-to-form RE game that long-time fans have been dying for.". Also, with everything being dark as **** with the flashlight as the only light source, gee where haven't I seen that before? Next thing you know they'll put in a usable video camera with IR night vision.

Please continue being out of touch Capcom.
    Post edited by jennymachx on
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User

I just watched a video of RE 7's demo gameplay. How does this even feel close to being an RE game?

It's like Capcom took a look at Outlast, P.T. plus countless other similar first-person horror games and said "Yeeeep this is the future of RE survival horror! Nevermind how people loved Revelations and the RE 1 / 0 HD remakes and how they craved for a new back-to-form RE game that long-time fans have been dying for.". Also, with everything being dark as **** with the flashlight as the only light source, gee where haven't I seen that before? Next thing you know they'll put in a usable video camera with IR night vision.

Please continue being out of touch Capcom.

From all the interviews flying about it will be first person but it will play more like first Resident Evils than 4,5or 6 did. And the demo isnt part of the game.

You know what this is very Biohazzard as that series has never been afraid to change things. Only the first few were had god awful controls and stupidly bad acting.

I also really hope Leon IS NOT in it. Chris or GTFO.

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    So it's a tech demo like what P.T. was to Silent Hills before it was canned?

Guess I'll wait and see then. You had better make it impressive Capcom, your reputation needs some salvaging.

So it's a tech demo like what P.T. was to Silent Hills before it was canned?

Guess I'll wait and see then. You had better make it impressive Capcom, your reputation needs some salvaging.

I have hope but even an hopeless optimist like myself has worries.

Capcom recently ruined Street Fighter but Res Rev 2 was an improvement over Res 6 so theres that.

What I don't 100% like about VII is the first person view and I not sold on it for one reason alone. One of the best things about Resident Evil was the second playthrough with some dumb **** costume. You cant do that in first person :-V

The trailer like I said before does show Spencer and hint at Alex Wesker so thankfully its not a reboot so I reckon the cheesey stuff so many love will remain somewhat.

spinnytop said:

Maybe 7 will be a rail shooter.

Make it happen. It'd be amusing to see the kind of backlash Capcom would have to endure and maybe prompt them go back to just making RE HD remakes.
    So what's wrong with the latest Street Fighter?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited June 2016

Poor match making. 8 frames (google it). No arcade mode also lack of any decent single player content. Sticks that should work on PC dont . No Akuma. No real punishment for rage quiters. Even if you buy the box for ps4 you will still have to download half the the game. An out the box story mode that has stills that look like they have been drawn by a chimp. Guile is now a mall cop. No Sagat. Survival mode which is the replacement for arcade mode the computer cheats on higher levels and worst of all Ken now has an ugly face.

The Ken's face thing upsets me more than anything else as when I was a young lad and not the middle aged soccer mom I am today I used to get all the girls cause they thought I looked like Ken from SF2. So yeah Ken is important to me >_>

Arrrgh I want to play that Res 7 demo but ima on hols on the Isle of Man just now so away from my ps4 :C

Hmm... ok, those are good reasons I guess. Also it seems to have a rather small roster...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Let's see...it's overpriced considering how little is in the game upon release, with just a multiplayer mode to show for it, and also Capcom had the audacity to charge extra for Season Pass?

There's also the fact that they obviously rushed out the game in such a bare-bones state just so they can make it for EVO.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    Also, street fighter 4 still works great.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    What's so great about playing fighting games with sticks anyways.
    spinnytop said:

What's so great about playing fighting games with sticks anyways.

Theres no real advantage its just a personal preference. A lot of people grew up using sticks in arcades its what we are used to.
    edited June 2016
    I find greater control with an arcade stick. It's a PITA doing a double qcf motion with a gamepad, even worse when it's a double hcf. Also not having to hold a gamepad means more free fingers at the ready for buttons.
    edited June 2016
    yeah, there's a big difference between a controller you hold and a controller that's bolted to a piece of furniture.

I LOVE arcade racing game, but playing the same game with a joystick is beyond lame.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited June 2016

yeah, there's a big difference between a controller you hold and a controller that's bolted to a piece of furniture.

I LOVE arcade racing game, but playing the same game with a joystick is beyond lame.

Um, you do realize there are fight stick controllers in the market that don't need to be bolted to anything right? All that's really needed is a tabletop, or putting it on your laps. Heck, my SF4 tournament edition fight stick is kept away in a drawer.
    It doesn't feel the same when the controller moves as you push buttons and stuff.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited June 2016

It doesn't feel the same when the controller moves as you push buttons and stuff.

The controllers don't "move". They're usually built with solid bodies and have bottom rubber stoppers for grip (well the ones that aren't cheaply built anyway).

it moves if I'm not holding it in my hands. :p It having to hold the controller that feels weird. That said, I definitely like the Gamecube version of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy better than the Arcade. It doesn't have that annoying mechanic where you slowly die even if you take no damage, also it has a (somewhat crude) system that lets you save items for later use. Which makes boss fights way easier. In the arcade version you basically need to clear the level then run around to grab the powerups to use on the boss.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited June 2016
    If a stick controller moves around the surface it's on when you're using it, then it's to do with the design.

The better-built ones (with high quality arcade parts like the ones from Sanwa) have more weight to them and have rubber stoppers so they don't have that problem.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    For me sticks have always just resulted in me watching as my character does the wrong moves while I make this face u3u
    edited June 2016
    spinnytop said:

For me sticks have always just resulted in me watching as my character does the wrong moves while I make this face u3u

Well as a player that mostly mains Zangief sticks are the far better option for me.

>_> back on creepy stuff I hope there is a demo for "Not Silent Hills" soon as it seems like a big pile of batshit.

Post edited by nepht on
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    nepht said:

spinnytop said:

Well as a player that mostly mains Zangief sticks are the far better option for me.

>_> back on creepy stuff I hope there is a demo for "Not Silent Hills" soon as it seems like a bit pile of batshit.

Snake Eyez, aka Darryl S Lewis, one of the best Zangief players in the US uses a joypad rather then a stick. I suspect that a lot of old timers got thier first taste of Street Fighter in the arcades, but later generations picked it up on consoles, and why our generation prefer the stick comes down to memory and familiarity rather then one being better then another.
    edited June 2016
    guyhumual said:

Snake Eyez, aka Darryl S Lewis, one of the best Zangief players in the US uses a joypad rather then a stick. I suspect that a lot of old timers got thier first taste of Street Fighter in the arcades, but later generations picked it up on consoles, and why our generation prefer the stick comes down to memory and familiarity rather then one being better then another.

Look I aint that old I only have one grand-kid :-V

• rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    It was suppose to be a joke in light of the thread title... but alright. DELETE!.
    Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Disgusting Gif, is Disgusting, and it has nothing to do with the discussion! onion-3.gif
    Can you please NOT do that?

130.jpg
    What sadden me is the Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater pachinko machine... screw you Konami
    Snake Eater is my childhood
    nepht wrote: »
    sf5-devoile-ses-costumes-alternatifs-et-ken-devien_n1e1.640.jpg
    The Ken's face thing upsets me more than anything else as when I was a young lad and not the middle aged soccer mom I am today I used to get all the girls cause they thought I looked like Ken from SF2. So yeah Ken is important to me >_>

I was never interested in Street Fighter series... but... THAT'S KEN? WTF?
    WHY DOES HE LOOK LIKE DIO?
    IWuv2P0.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Ken is now a Ken Doll.

Well first thing ima do tomorrow when I get back from hols is uninstall SFV and download that Res VII demo.

Also why do I have a sudden urge to play the Dreamcast's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? :I
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    69f.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    Man, the silent hills rebrand has about the dumbest name I've ever heard for a video game. That sounds like something a 14 year old would name his doom metal band.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    yeah...I really don't think a native english speaker was consulted when they decided on that name.

And this is why...as someone who does not speak any language other than english... I have stopped naming characters by combining two foreign words together based on an online dictonary definition and because I thought they "sounded cool"

This is what could happen.

Remember guys that game is being made by the same guy that thought naming a game "Metal Gear Solid" was a great idea :P
  • reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    what is silent hill new name?
    also, not a fan of overly gory games, but I'll take Chris Redfield anytime, specially the RE5 version ;)
    natesig.jpg