test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About DPS Powers

jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
Right now with all the changes and updates.

What can be the best set of DPS Powers a FF user can get right now?

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,752 Arc User
    Electricity, PA, Bestial SN, TK, SB, FClaws, Might (Haymaker), and Ice probably have the best ST dps potential atm, though TGM can still do well provided ya can manage the energy. Darkness is also better ST dps w/ the revamped ERuin and SBlast, and HW's ST dps is also quite more competitive now. FC builds can also still be up there, if ya can handle the glaring energy issues w/ it. Even Sorcery got a bump w/ Hex providing a Magic dmg debuff, though it involves managing Skarn's energy.

Most powersets have at least one strong dps setup avail- some more straightforward than others.

The only powerset to see large-scale hits to its performance thus far is Telepathy, which I do feel a bit bad for atm. I guess you could also throw old Strafe Run builds into the mix there, but imo those weren't ever meant to be that powerful for sustained dps. Rimefire builds also got hit w/ CDR nerf. Hard Frost spam got major nerfed, but Ice received Icicle Spear and its own EU to make up for it.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    A few examples.

Ranged that can do over 5k dps:
    Lighting arc + ball lightning
    Tk assault + mental storm
    Ego blast + mental storm
    Tgm + burst shot
    Concussor beam + minigun + micro munitions
    Various combinations of elemental type attacks (X + fire snake + flashfire)

Melee:
    Massacre + shred + eviscerate
    Dragon claws + shred + eviscerate
    Annihilate + arc of ruin + eruption
    Haymaker + demolish
    Lasersword
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Burst Shot+Bullet Beatdown can be good in the Melee Section too?

This question come to see an answer to optimize my PvE toon to farm in Events/Comics/Questionite and get a better run time doing so.
    Post edited by jojenmaihem on
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 749 Arc User

Burst Shot+Bullet Beatdown can be good in the Melee Section too?

This question come to see a answer to optimize my PvE toon to farm in Events/Comics/Questionite and get a better run time doing so.

Yep, that's a good combo if you throw in Form of the tempest and add the Not without incident/break the trigger to Bullet Beatdown
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    ninjapiffninjapiff Posts: 282 Arc User
    You forgot the *new* (and somewhat improved) Reaper's Caress and Reaper's Embrace. Though I have yet to actually try the new BSN rupture, so I dunno if that one is "strictly better" than Embrace.

You know what's a little sad? The fact that no powers from the Fire powerset were on that list. Fire was meant to be the "All-Out DPS" Energy Projector powerset and has since kinda lagged behind Ice (the DPS/CC Energy Projector powerset) and Electricity (High-Energy AoE DPS EP powerset). I guess this might be a somewhat warped opinion on the place Fire fits, but it was always my thinking that Fire was all-out, total DPS.

Granted, Fire gets one Incapacitate, but you gotta throw SOMETHING in there alongside the Clinging Flames and fireballs!
    It makes sense, if you don't think about it.
    edited June 2016
    Conflag still hits quite hard when backed up by UA's debuff and also w/ throwing in Firesnake in there. Fire's main perk atm is that its best AoE dps tool is also its best ST dps tool. Conflag also doesn't have a ramp-up period to its maintain, which can be pretty nice vs. fights w/ more complex mechanics. There's the energy and 50ft range to deal with, but you are using an AoE as ur primary attack, after all, and Thermal Reverb can return much energy if built right.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    the 50-ft range on conflagration isn't my issue with the fire set...it's the damn 25ft range on the fireball - it means i have to get uncomfortably close to apply UA with what is SUPPOSED to be a ranged character​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    Fireball is a 50ft-range power. Unless ya meant Absorb Heat?
  • Options
    well, it sure as hell doesn't FEEL 50ft at times​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    ninjapiff said:

You forgot the *new* (and somewhat improved) Reaper's Caress and Reaper's Embrace. Though I have yet to actually try the new BSN rupture, so I dunno if that one is "strictly better" than Embrace.

Worth to check it Reaper have Shred too if my memory still good, so Reaper(Shred+Bleed)+Embrace.
    ninjapiff said:

You know what's a little sad? The fact that no powers from the Fire powerset were on that list. Fire was meant to be the "All-Out DPS" Energy Projector powerset and has since kinda lagged behind Ice (the DPS/CC Energy Projector powerset) and Electricity (High-Energy AoE DPS EP powerset). I guess this might be a somewhat warped opinion on the place Fire fits, but it was always my thinking that Fire was all-out, total DPS.

In my early days (when CO changed to free and put in steam) Fire was the powerset with most DPS even in the AT, now relegated to a nothing.

Little range compared to others powers (Electricity 100ft).
    flowcyto said:

Conflag still hits quite hard when backed up by UA's debuff and also w/ throwing in Firesnake in there. Fire's main perk atm is that its best AoE dps tool is also its best ST dps tool.

But still is not the best and is very secondary. You need to be in almost melee range where with LArc+Lighting Ball at 100ft do better.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2016

In my early days (when CO changed to free and put in steam) Fire was the powerset with most DPS even in the AT, now relegated to a nothing.

Little range compared to others powers (Electricity 100ft).

But still is not the best and is very secondary. You need to be in almost melee range where with LArc+Lighting Ball at 100ft do better.

If you build for it, conflagration does competitive dps compared to any single target ranged attack, and is probable the highest dps AoE. The main problem is the bug that stops it from working on certain large targets.

And 50 feet is not almost 10 feet. If you wanted suggestions for 100 feet range you should have said so in the OP.

This question come to see an answer to optimize my PvE toon to farm in Events/Comics/Questionite and get a better run time doing so.

Getting better time on killing cosmics depends on getting enough tanks/healers faster, far more than how much damage 1 person can ever do. So if you want to decrease your time spend on that, making a good tank and a good healer is the best thing you can do.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Oh my yes, someone go thru each framework and highlight it's offensive potential.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    aiqa said:

And 50 feet is not almost 10 feet. If you wanted suggestions for 100 feet range you should have said so in the OP.

Only I'm saying my opinion not requesting nothing.
    aiqa said:

Getting better time on killing cosmics depends on getting enough tanks/healers faster, far more than how much damage 1 person can ever do. So if you want to decrease your time spend on that, making a good tank and a good healer is the best thing you can do.

You forget not only I'm doing that, Comics and Dailies for Questionite are most of my time in the game.

• Options
    cheesesloppycheesesloppy Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I don't know how much DPS it pulls, but using Avenger Mastery with Pulse Beam Rifle and basically any blast power(I prefer Experimental Blaster) seems to give some good damage.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    rtma said:

Oh my yes, someone go thru each framework and highlight it's offensive potential.

Being really brief here. W/in powersets only, as there's exponentially more ways to mix powersets for high dps:

- Elec: LA w/ NI debuff; LStorm spam
    - Fire: UA + Conflag w/ Firesnake
    - Force: FC charges, Detonation is also decent as a cd
    - Wind: Typhoon charges
    - Ice: Icicle Spear w/ Hard Frost; charged Ice Blast w/ high crit and Icy Form (Cold Snap); Avalanche spam
    - Archery: Explosive + WtK taps every ~3sec, various filler (Straight Shot, Snap Shot, Storm of Arrows, Sonic Arrow w/ adv)
    - Gadgets: Exp Blaster w/ Death Ray taps; RThrow; Strafe Run
    - Muni: Burst Shot + TGM; Burst Shot + BBeatdown w/ Nw/oI adv (melee)
    - PA: Ranged 3-slot attack setups (pick from: Tac Missiles, Rocket Punch, Concussor Beam, Chest Beam, Micro Muni, Minigun w/ adv, and Shoulder Launcher); Laser Sword (melee)
    - DBlade: Shredded (Blade Tempest) -> DW spam
    - SBlade: 5x Bleed (Reaper's Caress w/ Shredded) -> Rupture (Reaper's Embrace); Embrace w/ adv charge-spam
    - FClaws: Shredded (VFangs) -> DC spam; Shredded -> TBite (w/ or w/o DC)
    - Unarmed: any mix of: 100Hands w/ GS, DU charges, and/or BCF charges
    - TK: TKA to 4-5x Ego Leech -> TKL; EBB_EW to 5x Ego Leech -> EBA
    - TP: Ego Blast w/ MO tap spam + TP Reverb + Mental Storm's debuff
    - HW: Skewer w/ adv spam; Annihilate spam - all w/ Arc's debuff
    - Earth: Cave In charges (possibly throwing Fissure in there)
    - Might: Haymaker charges + Demolish
    - Celestial: Conduit pulse-spam
    - Darkness: ERuin charges w/ SBlast's debuff; Summon Shadows and/or Rift are also decent
    - Sorcery: Pet Master builds + AoED; Skarn's channels w/ Hex's Magic debuff; Primal Storm sigils (where ideal)
    - Bestial SN: Shredded -> Massacre spam; 5x Bleed (Shred w/ Enraged!) -> Rupture (Evis) -> Massacre during Deep Wounds; Shredded -> Thrash spam
    - Infernal SN: DE spam (melee build); R3 Epidemic spam; DP stacking w/ IBlast - all w/ Defile for debuff
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    Surely Fire is still doing better (at everything, not just DPS) than Earth. Right? Things can't have gotten so messed up that Earth is better than Fire.​​

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    tdits said:

Surely Fire is still doing better (at everything, not just DPS) than Earth. Right? Things can't have gotten so messed up that Earth is better than Fire.​​

Almost everything is better than Earth at dps atm (esp melee-Earth). Earth still has decent CC potential via knocks, though, and Earth Form offers nice Physical dmg resist for an offensive passive.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Conflag has some serious targeting issues that will hopefully be addressed soon. As for distance, the perspective is really skewed on range. If you look at the ranges the 50 foot~ attacks are closer to 25 ft in reality if you look at it from a realistic perspective. And the same thing goes for the 100 footers. They're probably closer to 50 ft.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'd love to get back to using fire on some character....or just make a new one for it. It'd be great if Conflag got some love
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Also it seems that Plasma Beam is fairly erratic in terms of targeting. Sometimes it ends up missing the mark entirely.
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'd add to PA: Chestbeam spam. It's got pretty good damage + debuffs for itself (and many likely teammates with the crushing debuff in there). I prefer full charges to taps (not least because it tends to one-hit many mobs, so the knock isn't an issue).