test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 6/2/2016

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2016 in Release Notes
ZEN Store
Teleport to Ren Cen, Team Teleport and the Teleport to Friend items are now bind to account on equip. Previously these items did not bind even if you equipped them. Note: Existing items will not be bound to you if you currently have them equipped, but will bind once you un-equip and re-equip them.

The Heroic Starter pack has been revamped. This pack costs 500 ZEN, can be purchased once per character and contains the following items:
  • A full set of Daring gear which is basic starter gear that levels with you.
  • Indy Kid temporary sidekick.
  • 4x XP boosters.
  • 4x Triumphant recoveries.
  • 10x Healing Device Plus.

Nightmare Event
  • Added preview images to all the Nightmare Event costumes.
  • Adjusted the damage on the Nightmare Colossus's ranged attacks to be more in line with its melee attack damage.
  • Added a reward pack to the Nightmare Colossus open mission that can include temp potions, temp damage boosts, temp defense boosts and a chance at some extra currency.
  • Fixed a bug where the in-game calendar stated the event was ending today. The event is scheduled to end on the 9th.

Cosmics
  • Adjusted some timing issues with Qwyjibo's pbaoe attacks so he doesn't interrupt himself to attack players while using the pbaoes.
  • Kigatilik's hounds now have names: Akhlut, Amaguq, Qiqirn and Keelut.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the Teleiosaurus Fury mod wasn't properly boosting Massacre.
  • Added a Reward pack search category to the auction house. This will include items like Questionite and Drifter crates. Note: Existing items in the auction house will not appear here until they are relisted.
  • Fixed a bug where Pyre's Backdraft ability was not refreshing Clinging Flames.
  • Added the Heroic Mask costume to the Purple Voucher Series B shop in the collector store. Note: This item was part of the old heroic ZEN store pack. Due to how our costume unlock system works, this item may appear as unlockable to you even if you already own it.
  • Fixed a bug where the Bone Spikes short costume was using the wrong texture on some of the materials.
  • Adjusted the Rocker costume item so it doesn't cause excessive lag when looking at the item after you've unlocked it. Note: Players who've already unlocked the costume may see the costume as unlockable again. This is a side effect due to how our costume unlock system works. You should still have all the costume unlocks from the set.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    comparison between Daring gear and any heirloom gear?
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    "Fixed a bug where the in-game calendar stated the event was ending today. The event is scheduled to end on the 9th."

Nuts, I was hoping it was over and the sky and lighting would go back to normal. :(
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    Man... I was hoping this event would be over already.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    No kidding, Millenium City light is eye-sore to lay the least
    Adjusted the Rocker costume item so it doesn't cause excessive lag when looking at the item after you've unlocked it.
    Ahaha, I knew there was something wrong with the massive lag of by looking at it
    Fixed a bug where Pyre's Backdraft ability was not refreshing Clinging Flames.
    Works great now!
    More utility for my Fire-Dual Sword character​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

"Fixed a bug where the in-game calendar stated the event was ending today. The event is scheduled to end on the 9th."

Nuts, I was hoping it was over and the sky and lighting would go back to normal. :(

Meh, 2 week or less events are too short.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Hmm..
    I will assume that the Triumphan Recoveries are the permanent version. Can you be more specific about the XP Boosts such as what percent of an XP boost they give (10%, 50%, double) and how long they will last (1, 2, or 4 hours)?
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    kyastral wrote: »
    Hmm..
    I will assume that the Triumphan Recoveries are the permanent version. Can you be more specific about the XP Boosts such as what percent of an XP boost they give (10%, 50%, double) and how long they will last (1, 2, or 4 hours)?

For the XP boosts, the Zen store description for the heroic pack states they are 20% boosts for an hour. Which sounds similar to existing XP boost items.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    yeah, very similar to the anniversary xp boost
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    I noticed that there are a number of Lockboxes appearing in the Rewards category on the AH rather than the Lockbox category... I'm uncertain as to if this is a bug or not since the lockboxes in questtion are some of the older obscure lockboxes that were/are special drops from events.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    So I have to ask: what exactly is the goal here? Because mechanics that punish you for lower skill/gear/build players joining in will just breed horrible resentment, which isn't a good thing. If you want to make the encounters harder, make them harder in ways that punish individual players.
    Post edited by pantagruel01 on
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited June 2016

Man... I was hoping this event would be over already.

Yeah, me too.

I find it a rubbish design when events have mobs littered across the entire map and you can run into them while simply patrolling and leveling.
    Never was found of the Destroid Invasion for same exact reason.

Double fail when mobs in question can cancel your travel powers. Overall, the most pointless and annoying thing to mix-in with regular leveling spawns.

Here's hoping furter events are made with more sense and are limited to certain areas like attacking Champions headquarters. Or placed with more logic like Bloodmoon portals.​​
    The TP cancel was apparently a bug and has been fixed...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters